Total Posts:103|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Political Correctness on Medical Errors

Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 8:39:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
If you don"t think that Medical Errors can occur from handling blood and that bad HIV-Infected blood might get mixed up with Good Blood then see this story:

***Just in Today ***

http://www.foxnews.com... (Story about the vials of small pox being found after having been lost for decades)

(Medical Errors happen all the time. The Red Cross is no stranger to this. Why deliberately use contaminated blood?)

Reference: The LGBT is petitioning the FDA/Whitehouse to allow blood donations from gay/bisexual men under the ACA. Please don't allow HIV into our blood supply.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

Here are 2 links you can go to, to sign a Whitehouse petition so that HIV-infected blood does not make it into our blood banks in time for your next surgery under President Obama's ACA:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov...

http://wh.gov...

Once there are 150 signatures the page will be linked out from the main Whitehouse petition page.

Here is also a poll you can participate in:

http://www.debate.org...

Surprisingly currently at 6:00pm PDT 85% are in favor of using potentially HIV-tainted-blood in our blood supply banks.
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 8:52:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 8:39:44 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
If you don"t think that Medical Errors can occur from handling blood and that bad HIV-Infected blood might get mixed up with Good Blood then see this story:

***Just in Today ***

http://www.foxnews.com... (Story about the vials of small pox being found after having been lost for decades)

Different procedures between then and now.

(Medical Errors happen all the time. The Red Cross is no stranger to this. Why deliberately use contaminated blood?)

People don't.

Reference: The LGBT is petitioning the FDA/Whitehouse to allow blood donations from gay/bisexual men under the ACA. Please don't allow HIV into our blood supply.

Not every gay/bi guy has HIV. This is you being a bigot.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

Here are 2 links you can go to, to sign a Whitehouse petition so that HIV-infected blood does not make it into our blood banks in time for your next surgery under President Obama's ACA:

Oh, so you think that we should ban ALL blood donations? Or maybe we should educate people about safe sex more so that not as many people get HIV/AIDS?

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov...

http://wh.gov...

Once there are 150 signatures the page will be linked out from the main Whitehouse petition page.

Your bigotry knows no bounds. You really want to petition this? Pathetic.

Here is also a poll you can participate in:

http://www.debate.org...

Surprisingly currently at 6:00pm PDT 85% are in favor of using potentially HIV-tainted-blood in our blood supply banks.

No, we aren't. WE ARE AGAINST BIGOTRY! EVERYONE'S BLOOD, REGARDLESS OF SEXUAL ORIENTATION HAS A CHANCE OF HAVING HIV!

Maybe you need to educate yourself about the subject instead of ignorantly commenting about it.
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 9:04:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 8:52:26 PM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:
At 7/8/2014 8:39:44 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
If you don"t think that Medical Errors can occur from handling blood and that bad HIV-Infected blood might get mixed up with Good Blood then see this story:

***Just in Today ***

http://www.foxnews.com... (Story about the vials of small pox being found after having been lost for decades)

Different procedures between then and now.

(Medical Errors happen all the time. The Red Cross is no stranger to this. Why deliberately use contaminated blood?)

People don't.

Reference: The LGBT is petitioning the FDA/Whitehouse to allow blood donations from gay/bisexual men under the ACA. Please don't allow HIV into our blood supply.

Not every gay/bi guy has HIV. This is you being a bigot.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

Here are 2 links you can go to, to sign a Whitehouse petition so that HIV-infected blood does not make it into our blood banks in time for your next surgery under President Obama's ACA:

Oh, so you think that we should ban ALL blood donations? Or maybe we should educate people about safe sex more so that not as many people get HIV/AIDS?

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov...

http://wh.gov...

Once there are 150 signatures the page will be linked out from the main Whitehouse petition page.

Your bigotry knows no bounds. You really want to petition this? Pathetic.

Here is also a poll you can participate in:

http://www.debate.org...

Surprisingly currently at 6:00pm PDT 85% are in favor of using potentially HIV-tainted-blood in our blood supply banks.

No, we aren't. WE ARE AGAINST BIGOTRY! EVERYONE'S BLOOD, REGARDLESS OF SEXUAL ORIENTATION HAS A CHANCE OF HAVING HIV!

Maybe you need to educate yourself about the subject instead of ignorantly commenting about it.

I am against Political Correctness in the Blood Supply mister. I want to eliminate sources of blood that have a known history of problems. I don't wish to be infected with AIDS the next time I go in for surgery.

If you like gay blood so much go prick a gay man with a needle and then prick yourself with it. Stay away from the blood supply. Do whatever you want (not really) on Castro Street in San Francisco or Hill Street in San Diego but stay away from the blood supply.
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
buddha49er
Posts: 30
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 9:08:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 9:04:27 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 7/8/2014 8:52:26 PM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:
At 7/8/2014 8:39:44 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
If you don"t think that Medical Errors can occur from handling blood and that bad HIV-Infected blood might get mixed up with Good Blood then see this story:

***Just in Today ***

http://www.foxnews.com... (Story about the vials of small pox being found after having been lost for decades)

Different procedures between then and now.

(Medical Errors happen all the time. The Red Cross is no stranger to this. Why deliberately use contaminated blood?)

People don't.

Reference: The LGBT is petitioning the FDA/Whitehouse to allow blood donations from gay/bisexual men under the ACA. Please don't allow HIV into our blood supply.

Not every gay/bi guy has HIV. This is you being a bigot.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

Here are 2 links you can go to, to sign a Whitehouse petition so that HIV-infected blood does not make it into our blood banks in time for your next surgery under President Obama's ACA:

Oh, so you think that we should ban ALL blood donations? Or maybe we should educate people about safe sex more so that not as many people get HIV/AIDS?

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov...

http://wh.gov...

Once there are 150 signatures the page will be linked out from the main Whitehouse petition page.

Your bigotry knows no bounds. You really want to petition this? Pathetic.

Here is also a poll you can participate in:

http://www.debate.org...

Surprisingly currently at 6:00pm PDT 85% are in favor of using potentially HIV-tainted-blood in our blood supply banks.

No, we aren't. WE ARE AGAINST BIGOTRY! EVERYONE'S BLOOD, REGARDLESS OF SEXUAL ORIENTATION HAS A CHANCE OF HAVING HIV!

Maybe you need to educate yourself about the subject instead of ignorantly commenting about it.

I am against Political Correctness in the Blood Supply mister. I want to eliminate sources of blood that have a known history of problems. I don't wish to be infected with AIDS the next time I go in for surgery.

If you like gay blood so much go prick a gay man with a needle and then prick yourself with it. Stay away from the blood supply. Do whatever you want (not really) on Castro Street in San Francisco or Hill Street in San Diego but stay away from the blood supply.

You're not against political correctness, you're pro-bigotry.

Being against political correctness would be something like calling black people black instead of African American.

You are saying that all gays have HIV. That's not a political correctness issue, that's flat out incorrect.
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 9:15:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 9:08:20 PM, buddha49er wrote:
At 7/8/2014 9:04:27 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 7/8/2014 8:52:26 PM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:
At 7/8/2014 8:39:44 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
If you don"t think that Medical Errors can occur from handling blood and that bad HIV-Infected blood might get mixed up with Good Blood then see this story:

***Just in Today ***

http://www.foxnews.com... (Story about the vials of small pox being found after having been lost for decades)

Different procedures between then and now.

(Medical Errors happen all the time. The Red Cross is no stranger to this. Why deliberately use contaminated blood?)

People don't.

Reference: The LGBT is petitioning the FDA/Whitehouse to allow blood donations from gay/bisexual men under the ACA. Please don't allow HIV into our blood supply.

Not every gay/bi guy has HIV. This is you being a bigot.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

Here are 2 links you can go to, to sign a Whitehouse petition so that HIV-infected blood does not make it into our blood banks in time for your next surgery under President Obama's ACA:

Oh, so you think that we should ban ALL blood donations? Or maybe we should educate people about safe sex more so that not as many people get HIV/AIDS?

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov...

http://wh.gov...

Once there are 150 signatures the page will be linked out from the main Whitehouse petition page.

Your bigotry knows no bounds. You really want to petition this? Pathetic.

Here is also a poll you can participate in:

http://www.debate.org...

Surprisingly currently at 6:00pm PDT 85% are in favor of using potentially HIV-tainted-blood in our blood supply banks.

No, we aren't. WE ARE AGAINST BIGOTRY! EVERYONE'S BLOOD, REGARDLESS OF SEXUAL ORIENTATION HAS A CHANCE OF HAVING HIV!

Maybe you need to educate yourself about the subject instead of ignorantly commenting about it.

I am against Political Correctness in the Blood Supply mister. I want to eliminate sources of blood that have a known history of problems. I don't wish to be infected with AIDS the next time I go in for surgery.

If you like gay blood so much go prick a gay man with a needle and then prick yourself with it. Stay away from the blood supply. Do whatever you want (not really) on Castro Street in San Francisco or Hill Street in San Diego but stay away from the blood supply.

You're not against political correctness, you're pro-bigotry.

+1

Being against political correctness would be something like calling black people black instead of African American.

You are saying that all gays have HIV. That's not a political correctness issue, that's flat out incorrect.
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 9:26:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 9:15:09 PM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:
At 7/8/2014 9:08:20 PM, buddha49er wrote:
At 7/8/2014 9:04:27 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 7/8/2014 8:52:26 PM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:
At 7/8/2014 8:39:44 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
If you don"t think that Medical Errors can occur from handling blood and that bad HIV-Infected blood might get mixed up with Good Blood then see this story:

***Just in Today ***

http://www.foxnews.com... (Story about the vials of small pox being found after having been lost for decades)

Different procedures between then and now.

(Medical Errors happen all the time. The Red Cross is no stranger to this. Why deliberately use contaminated blood?)

People don't.

Reference: The LGBT is petitioning the FDA/Whitehouse to allow blood donations from gay/bisexual men under the ACA. Please don't allow HIV into our blood supply.

Not every gay/bi guy has HIV. This is you being a bigot.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

Here are 2 links you can go to, to sign a Whitehouse petition so that HIV-infected blood does not make it into our blood banks in time for your next surgery under President Obama's ACA:

Oh, so you think that we should ban ALL blood donations? Or maybe we should educate people about safe sex more so that not as many people get HIV/AIDS?

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov...

http://wh.gov...

Once there are 150 signatures the page will be linked out from the main Whitehouse petition page.

Your bigotry knows no bounds. You really want to petition this? Pathetic.

Here is also a poll you can participate in:

http://www.debate.org...

Surprisingly currently at 6:00pm PDT 85% are in favor of using potentially HIV-tainted-blood in our blood supply banks.

No, we aren't. WE ARE AGAINST BIGOTRY! EVERYONE'S BLOOD, REGARDLESS OF SEXUAL ORIENTATION HAS A CHANCE OF HAVING HIV!

Maybe you need to educate yourself about the subject instead of ignorantly commenting about it.

I am against Political Correctness in the Blood Supply mister. I want to eliminate sources of blood that have a known history of problems. I don't wish to be infected with AIDS the next time I go in for surgery.

If you like gay blood so much go prick a gay man with a needle and then prick yourself with it. Stay away from the blood supply. Do whatever you want (not really) on Castro Street in San Francisco or Hill Street in San Diego but stay away from the blood supply.

You're not against political correctness, you're pro-bigotry.

+1

Being against political correctness would be something like calling black people black instead of African American.

You are saying that all gays have HIV. That's not a political correctness issue, that's flat out incorrect.

Hey this is a public health issue...not a racial one
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 9:28:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
According to this, gay men claim only 56% of HIV cases. (this figure includes gays and gays who inject drugs)

http://www.cdc.gov...

So....tell me why about 0.3% of the population (of which the majority are gay MEN), is something to claim that allowing gays to give blood is akin to spoiling the blood banks?
My work here is, finally, done.
buddha49er
Posts: 30
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 9:38:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 9:28:45 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
According to this, gay men claim only 56% of HIV cases. (this figure includes gays and gays who inject drugs)

http://www.cdc.gov...

So....tell me why about 0.3% of the population (of which the majority are gay MEN), is something to claim that allowing gays to give blood is akin to spoiling the blood banks?

That's...a really interesting way to misread that statistic.

The actual quote:
At the end of 2010, an estimated 489,121 (56%) persons living with an HIV diagnosis in the United States were gay and bisexual men, or gay and bisexual men who also inject drugs.

That would mean that 44% of the AIDS diagnoses were in straight people (and possibly gay women).

So, yes, the HIV rate in gay men is higher than in the rest of the population.

20% of the population is gay (source: http://www.smithsonianmag.com...)

So, a little under half a million in a population of 60 million have AIDS. You're saying that almost a 5th of our population shouldn't be able to give blood.

You're not saving anybody (they test blood for HIV anyway), but you're sure hurting the blood supply.
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 9:48:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 9:38:09 PM, buddha49er wrote:
At 7/8/2014 9:28:45 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
According to this, gay men claim only 56% of HIV cases. (this figure includes gays and gays who inject drugs)

http://www.cdc.gov...

So....tell me why about 0.3% of the population (of which the majority are gay MEN), is something to claim that allowing gays to give blood is akin to spoiling the blood banks?

That's...a really interesting way to misread that statistic.

The actual quote:
At the end of 2010, an estimated 489,121 (56%) persons living with an HIV diagnosis in the United States were gay and bisexual men, or gay and bisexual men who also inject drugs.

That would mean that 44% of the AIDS diagnoses were in straight people (and possibly gay women).

So, yes, the HIV rate in gay men is higher than in the rest of the population.

20% of the population is gay (source: http://www.smithsonianmag.com...)

So, a little under half a million in a population of 60 million have AIDS. You're saying that almost a 5th of our population shouldn't be able to give blood.

You're not saving anybody (they test blood for HIV anyway), but you're sure hurting the blood supply.

You are compounding the problem of Medical Errors by getting blood from known bad sources which increases the chance of a medical error occuring.
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
buddha49er
Posts: 30
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 10:16:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 9:48:54 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
You are compounding the problem of Medical Errors by getting blood from known bad sources which increases the chance of a medical error occuring.

Straight people with HIV can donate too. Plenty of straight and gay people have HIV that don't realize it. You're grasping at straws to support your bigotry.

Again, they test blood for HIV. We will get more HIV blood that we will have to toss, but we will also get way more good blood that can be used.
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 10:22:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 10:16:17 PM, buddha49er wrote:
At 7/8/2014 9:48:54 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
You are compounding the problem of Medical Errors by getting blood from known bad sources which increases the chance of a medical error occuring.

Straight people with HIV can donate too. Plenty of straight and gay people have HIV that don't realize it. You're grasping at straws to support your bigotry.

Again, they test blood for HIV. We will get more HIV blood that we will have to toss, but we will also get way more good blood that can be used.

FACT of the Matter: Most gay men have mulitple sex partners and because of that risky sex they are more likely to contract HIV/AIDS than a monogamous hetero married couple.

Therefore FACT: Percentage-wise blood given from gay men is more likely to have HIV/AIDS and thus more suspect so in the context of a medical error happening don't allow such blood into our blood banks.
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 10:36:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 10:22:29 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 7/8/2014 10:16:17 PM, buddha49er wrote:
At 7/8/2014 9:48:54 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
You are compounding the problem of Medical Errors by getting blood from known bad sources which increases the chance of a medical error occuring.

Straight people with HIV can donate too. Plenty of straight and gay people have HIV that don't realize it. You're grasping at straws to support your bigotry.

Again, they test blood for HIV. We will get more HIV blood that we will have to toss, but we will also get way more good blood that can be used.

FACT of the Matter: Most gay men have mulitple sex partners and because of that risky sex they are more likely to contract HIV/AIDS than a monogamous hetero married couple.

Lol @all gayos are whorey AIDS patients and all straightos are wholly monogamous

Therefore FACT: Percentage-wise blood given from gay men is more likely to have HIV/AIDS and thus more suspect so in the context of a medical error happening don't allow such blood into our blood banks.

Fact: you have no fccking clue what yer talking about
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 10:52:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 10:36:12 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 7/8/2014 10:22:29 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 7/8/2014 10:16:17 PM, buddha49er wrote:
At 7/8/2014 9:48:54 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
You are compounding the problem of Medical Errors by getting blood from known bad sources which increases the chance of a medical error occuring.

Straight people with HIV can donate too. Plenty of straight and gay people have HIV that don't realize it. You're grasping at straws to support your bigotry.

Again, they test blood for HIV. We will get more HIV blood that we will have to toss, but we will also get way more good blood that can be used.

FACT of the Matter: Most gay men have mulitple sex partners and because of that risky sex they are more likely to contract HIV/AIDS than a monogamous hetero married couple.

Lol @all gayos are whorey AIDS patients and all straightos are wholly monogamous

Therefore FACT: Percentage-wise blood given from gay men is more likely to have HIV/AIDS and thus more suspect so in the context of a medical error happening don't allow such blood into our blood banks.

Fact: you have no fccking clue what yer talking about

1) This is not a laughing matter. This is a public health risk due to unnecessary risk taking on the part of politicians with our blood supply.
2) I've known a couple of gay men in my lifetime as friends and all had multiple sex partners thus increasing the likelihood they would have AIDS/HIV. Seems to be a thing with gay men to have multiple sex partners.
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
buddha49er
Posts: 30
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 10:57:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 10:22:29 PM, Jikpamu wrote:

FACT of the Matter: Most gay men have mulitple sex partners and because of that risky sex they are more likely to contract HIV/AIDS than a monogamous hetero married couple.

I can do that too!

FACT of the Matter: Most straight men have multiple sex partners and because of that risky sex they are more likely to contract HIV/AIDS than a monogamous homosexual married couple.

Therefore FACT: Percentage-wise blood given from gay men is more likely to have HIV/AIDS and thus more suspect so in the context of a medical error happening don't allow such blood into our blood banks.

Yes, statistically it is more likely. However, the benefits far outweigh the downsides. They test blood for HIV before using it. Yes, some slips through the cracks, even with tests. But there are far more people without HIV than with in the gay community that could help by donating blood.

The dangers don't outweigh the benefits.
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 11:03:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 10:57:56 PM, buddha49er wrote:
At 7/8/2014 10:22:29 PM, Jikpamu wrote:

FACT of the Matter: Most gay men have mulitple sex partners and because of that risky sex they are more likely to contract HIV/AIDS than a monogamous hetero married couple.

I can do that too!

FACT of the Matter: Most straight men have multiple sex partners and because of that risky sex they are more likely to contract HIV/AIDS than a monogamous homosexual married couple.


Therefore FACT: Percentage-wise blood given from gay men is more likely to have HIV/AIDS and thus more suspect so in the context of a medical error happening don't allow such blood into our blood banks.

Yes, statistically it is more likely. However, the benefits far outweigh the downsides. They test blood for HIV before using it. Yes, some slips through the cracks, even with tests. But there are far more people without HIV than with in the gay community that could help by donating blood.

The dangers don't outweigh the benefits.

Are you REALLY REALLY arguing that a few people getting HIV from contaminated blood just so you don't hurt the pobrecito gay man's feelings are benefits?

PLEASE TRY TO USE LOGIC!
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 11:23:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 10:52:02 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 7/8/2014 10:36:12 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 7/8/2014 10:22:29 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 7/8/2014 10:16:17 PM, buddha49er wrote:
At 7/8/2014 9:48:54 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
You are compounding the problem of Medical Errors by getting blood from known bad sources which increases the chance of a medical error occuring.

Straight people with HIV can donate too. Plenty of straight and gay people have HIV that don't realize it. You're grasping at straws to support your bigotry.

Again, they test blood for HIV. We will get more HIV blood that we will have to toss, but we will also get way more good blood that can be used.

FACT of the Matter: Most gay men have mulitple sex partners and because of that risky sex they are more likely to contract HIV/AIDS than a monogamous hetero married couple.

Lol @all gayos are whorey AIDS patients and all straightos are wholly monogamous

Therefore FACT: Percentage-wise blood given from gay men is more likely to have HIV/AIDS and thus more suspect so in the context of a medical error happening don't allow such blood into our blood banks.

Fact: you have no fccking clue what yer talking about

1) This is not a laughing matter. This is a public health risk due to unnecessary risk taking on the part of politicians with our blood supply.

AIDS is obviously serious. Statistically unlikely mistakes are serious. Homophobic generalizations are serious. You, however are not a serious person nor will you be taken for one.

2) I've known a couple of gay men in my lifetime as friends and all had multiple sex partners thus increasing the likelihood they would have AIDS/HIV. Seems to be a thing with gay men to have multiple sex partners.

Heard it before. Yer boring. Accept that yet an ignoramus and go have awkward missionary sex with whoever will tolerate yer homophobic rantings.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 11:58:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 11:23:59 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 7/8/2014 10:52:02 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 7/8/2014 10:36:12 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 7/8/2014 10:22:29 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 7/8/2014 10:16:17 PM, buddha49er wrote:
At 7/8/2014 9:48:54 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
You are compounding the problem of Medical Errors by getting blood from known bad sources which increases the chance of a medical error occuring.

Straight people with HIV can donate too. Plenty of straight and gay people have HIV that don't realize it. You're grasping at straws to support your bigotry.

Again, they test blood for HIV. We will get more HIV blood that we will have to toss, but we will also get way more good blood that can be used.

FACT of the Matter: Most gay men have mulitple sex partners and because of that risky sex they are more likely to contract HIV/AIDS than a monogamous hetero married couple.

Lol @all gayos are whorey AIDS patients and all straightos are wholly monogamous

Therefore FACT: Percentage-wise blood given from gay men is more likely to have HIV/AIDS and thus more suspect so in the context of a medical error happening don't allow such blood into our blood banks.

Fact: you have no fccking clue what yer talking about

1) This is not a laughing matter. This is a public health risk due to unnecessary risk taking on the part of politicians with our blood supply.

AIDS is obviously serious. Statistically unlikely mistakes are serious. Homophobic generalizations are serious. You, however are not a serious person nor will you be taken for one.

2) I've known a couple of gay men in my lifetime as friends and all had multiple sex partners thus increasing the likelihood they would have AIDS/HIV. Seems to be a thing with gay men to have multiple sex partners.

Heard it before. Yer boring. Accept that yet an ignoramus and go have awkward missionary sex with whoever will tolerate yer homophobic rantings.

Nice to see you have a sense of humor. I just wish you had sense (common sense). Don't think because things seem fine right now that they will always be that way with no consequences for stupid politically correct decisions being made by our law makers who many who are in power are more motivated by the money they receive from PACS and lobbying efforts or from public speeches they give. Money corrupts.
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 12:19:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
It is more likely that over-the-top bigots like this are trolls rather than geniune bigots. That is not to say say that there are not bugots out there, but they very rarely travel the internet by themselves to openly share it. They typically stay where they think they are safe (e.g. stormfront) or are of an older generation that is rarely online.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 12:25:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/9/2014 12:19:36 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
It is more likely that over-the-top bigots like this are trolls rather than geniune bigots. That is not to say say that there are not bugots out there, but they very rarely travel the internet by themselves to openly share it. They typically stay where they think they are safe (e.g. stormfront) or are of an older generation that is rarely online.

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens. If I am a bigot for promoting common sense then I proudly WELCOME that title.
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 2:35:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://www.washingtontimes.com...

Critics say the ban is a hangover from the early, fear-filled days of AIDS, stigmatizing gay men and ignoring advances in treatment and detection in the decades since.

The FDA established the policy in 1985 after public health officials realized that thousands of hemophiliacs were receiving " and dying from " transfusions of HIV/AIDS-infected blood. Among the most famous victims: tennis star Arthur Ashe, believed to have received the disease from a transfusion during a coronary bypass operation.

Men who have sex with other men are at high risk for HIV acquisition: In 2011, MSM "accounted for at least half of persons diagnosed with HIV in all but two states," the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in a report released Friday.

Jikpamu: MSM represented half of all persons infected with HIV yet Men who have sex with Men (MSM) make up only a small percentage of our society in America.

Moreover, the percentage of MSM reporting at least one incidence of unprotected anal sex " a major risk factor for HIV infection " in the past 12 months rose from 48 percent in 2005 to 57 percent in 2011.

The National Hemophilia Foundation and other advocacy groups for blood users " who note that patients bear 100 percent of the risk in blood transfusion and any changes in the donor policy must be based solely on scientific evidence " are monitoring the issue closely.

Dozens of members of Congress have urged HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to expedite the process to change the MSM ban, citing in part a vote in June by the American Medical Association.

"We feel that the AMA"s recent vote in opposition to the current policy provides even greater impetus for HHS to move swiftly with its research and revision of the current ban," Sen. Tammy Baldwin, Wisconsin Democrat; Rep. Mike Quigley, Illinois Democrat; and 84 other members of Congress said in an Aug. 1 letter. Sen. Michael B. Enzi of Wyoming was the only Republican who signed the letter to Mrs. Sebelius.

Gay-rights advocates say such abstinence policies perpetuate the stigma that gay people are dangerous to public health and that there is not much difference between the lifetime ban and a five-year "no-sex" deferral policy.

Federal officials said at an August meeting of the FDA that some strains of HIV may be difficult to detect and noted that Germans have reported a few "transfusion transmissions" in recent years.

HIV transfusion incidents are rare in the U.S.: In 2008, a patient acquired HIV from a Missouri blood transfusion. The donor, a middle-aged married man, was found to have had anonymous sex with both men and women.

That transfusion-transmitted HIV infection was the first reported since 2002, the CDC said.
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
storytimewithjesus
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 6:39:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
You realize that we can't objectively test for homosexuality or bisexuality, and therefore a gay or bisexual man can walk into a blood donation center, tell them he's straight and not sexually active, and donate blood anyway, right?

But aside from that, whether or not someone is gay is not a very accurate predictor of whether or not they have HIV. Statistically, gay men are slightly more likely to have HIV than heterosexuals who are slightly more likely to have HIV than lesbians, but a slight statistical trend is hardly a guarantee that letting a gay person donate blood will infect others with HIV. HIV testing is a much more accurate way to determine if someone has HIV, with almost 100% success, so using HIV testing prior to accepting blood donations is a much better solution than telling gays not to donate.

Also, since lesbians have a lower rate of HIV infection than straight women or men, should we maybe restrict blood donations to just lesbians so we can keep those dirty straight people from infecting our blood supply?
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 7:18:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 9:38:09 PM, buddha49er wrote:
At 7/8/2014 9:28:45 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
According to this, gay men claim only 56% of HIV cases. (this figure includes gays and gays who inject drugs)

http://www.cdc.gov...

So....tell me why about 0.3% of the population (of which the majority are gay MEN), is something to claim that allowing gays to give blood is akin to spoiling the blood banks?

That's...a really interesting way to misread that statistic.
That's....a really interesting way to misread my post.

The actual quote:
At the end of 2010, an estimated 489,121 (56%) persons living with an HIV diagnosis in the United States were gay and bisexual men, or gay and bisexual men who also inject drugs.

That would mean that 44% of the AIDS diagnoses were in straight people (and possibly gay women).
Did I deny that?

So, yes, the HIV rate in gay men is higher than in the rest of the population.
This is common knowledge, I assume.

20% of the population is gay (source: http://www.smithsonianmag.com...)
Doubt it is that high, so for effect, let's say the gay male population is 2%, per the same source as the figures.

So, a little under half a million in a population of 60 million have AIDS. You're saying that almost a 5th of our population shouldn't be able to give blood.
hmmm. half a million = 0.2% of population. (there seems to be many different yet similar stats further down, so I just went with 1 million)
How is this misreading the statistic?
Where did I say gay shouldn't be allowed to donate?


You're not saving anybody (they test blood for HIV anyway), but you're sure hurting the blood supply.
My quote:
So....tell me why about 0.3% of the population (of which the majority are gay MEN), is something to claim that allowing gays to give blood is akin to spoiling the blood banks?

Let's examine this:
I clearly noted that the issue with HIV is men.
I asked the question in the form of asking why the small percent of population that is gay, male, and HIV, should be equated to tainting the blood supply by giving.

How, exactly, is this post relevant to mine?
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 7:23:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 10:22:29 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 7/8/2014 10:16:17 PM, buddha49er wrote:
At 7/8/2014 9:48:54 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
You are compounding the problem of Medical Errors by getting blood from known bad sources which increases the chance of a medical error occuring.

Straight people with HIV can donate too. Plenty of straight and gay people have HIV that don't realize it. You're grasping at straws to support your bigotry.

Again, they test blood for HIV. We will get more HIV blood that we will have to toss, but we will also get way more good blood that can be used.

FACT of the Matter: Most gay men have mulitple sex partners and because of that risky sex they are more likely to contract HIV/AIDS than a monogamous hetero married couple.
Not sure if this is why, but okay.

Therefore FACT: Percentage-wise blood given from gay men is more likely to have HIV/AIDS and thus more suspect so in the context of a medical error happening don't allow such blood into our blood banks.

True, it is more likely.
However, and the reason this claim is stupid, is the fact that less than 20% of gay men have HIV/AIDS.
That is 80% of gay men that are fine to donate blood, and lesbians are far less likely than gay men to have the virus, in fact, they may be less likely then straight men.
My work here is, finally, done.
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 7:31:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/9/2014 7:23:07 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/8/2014 10:22:29 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 7/8/2014 10:16:17 PM, buddha49er wrote:
At 7/8/2014 9:48:54 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
You are compounding the problem of Medical Errors by getting blood from known bad sources which increases the chance of a medical error occuring.

Straight people with HIV can donate too. Plenty of straight and gay people have HIV that don't realize it. You're grasping at straws to support your bigotry.

Again, they test blood for HIV. We will get more HIV blood that we will have to toss, but we will also get way more good blood that can be used.

FACT of the Matter: Most gay men have mulitple sex partners and because of that risky sex they are more likely to contract HIV/AIDS than a monogamous hetero married couple.
Not sure if this is why, but okay.

Therefore FACT: Percentage-wise blood given from gay men is more likely to have HIV/AIDS and thus more suspect so in the context of a medical error happening don't allow such blood into our blood banks.

True, it is more likely.
However, and the reason this claim is stupid, is the fact that less than 20% of gay men have HIV/AIDS.
That is 80% of gay men that are fine to donate blood, and lesbians are far less likely than gay men to have the virus, in fact, they may be less likely then straight men.

One time when they wanted to research AIDS they went to the 2 groups of people with the lowest chance of getting AIDS. Nuns and lesbians.
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 9:26:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/9/2014 6:39:59 AM, storytimewithjesus wrote:
You realize that we can't objectively test for homosexuality or bisexuality, and therefore a gay or bisexual man can walk into a blood donation center, tell them he's straight and not sexually active, and donate blood anyway, right?

But aside from that, whether or not someone is gay is not a very accurate predictor of whether or not they have HIV. Statistically, gay men are slightly more likely to have HIV than heterosexuals who are slightly more likely to have HIV than lesbians, but a slight statistical trend is hardly a guarantee that letting a gay person donate blood will infect others with HIV. HIV testing is a much more accurate way to determine if someone has HIV, with almost 100% success, so using HIV testing prior to accepting blood donations is a much better solution than telling gays not to donate.

Also, since lesbians have a lower rate of HIV infection than straight women or men, should we maybe restrict blood donations to just lesbians so we can keep those dirty straight people from infecting our blood supply?

According to the Washington Times: "Men who have sex with other men are at high risk for HIV acquisition: In 2011, MSM "accounted for at least half of persons diagnosed with HIV in all but two states," the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in a report released Friday."

Jikpamu: Yet MSM are a minority of the overall population.

You can test for homosexuality: AIDS/HIV Blood Tests but why deliberately let gay men give blood. That is risky.
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 9:29:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/9/2014 7:23:07 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/8/2014 10:22:29 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 7/8/2014 10:16:17 PM, buddha49er wrote:
At 7/8/2014 9:48:54 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
You are compounding the problem of Medical Errors by getting blood from known bad sources which increases the chance of a medical error occuring.

Straight people with HIV can donate too. Plenty of straight and gay people have HIV that don't realize it. You're grasping at straws to support your bigotry.

Again, they test blood for HIV. We will get more HIV blood that we will have to toss, but we will also get way more good blood that can be used.

FACT of the Matter: Most gay men have mulitple sex partners and because of that risky sex they are more likely to contract HIV/AIDS than a monogamous hetero married couple.
Not sure if this is why, but okay.

Therefore FACT: Percentage-wise blood given from gay men is more likely to have HIV/AIDS and thus more suspect so in the context of a medical error happening don't allow such blood into our blood banks.

True, it is more likely.
However, and the reason this claim is stupid, is the fact that less than 20% of gay men have HIV/AIDS.
That is 80% of gay men that are fine to donate blood, and lesbians are far less likely than gay men to have the virus, in fact, they may be less likely then straight men.

At least half of all AIDS infections from our population are in Men who have sex with Men yet they make up a minority of those who are sexually active.
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 10:02:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/9/2014 9:29:18 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 7/9/2014 7:23:07 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/8/2014 10:22:29 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 7/8/2014 10:16:17 PM, buddha49er wrote:
At 7/8/2014 9:48:54 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
You are compounding the problem of Medical Errors by getting blood from known bad sources which increases the chance of a medical error occuring.

Straight people with HIV can donate too. Plenty of straight and gay people have HIV that don't realize it. You're grasping at straws to support your bigotry.

Again, they test blood for HIV. We will get more HIV blood that we will have to toss, but we will also get way more good blood that can be used.

FACT of the Matter: Most gay men have mulitple sex partners and because of that risky sex they are more likely to contract HIV/AIDS than a monogamous hetero married couple.
Not sure if this is why, but okay.

Therefore FACT: Percentage-wise blood given from gay men is more likely to have HIV/AIDS and thus more suspect so in the context of a medical error happening don't allow such blood into our blood banks.

True, it is more likely.
However, and the reason this claim is stupid, is the fact that less than 20% of gay men have HIV/AIDS.
That is 80% of gay men that are fine to donate blood, and lesbians are far less likely than gay men to have the virus, in fact, they may be less likely then straight men.

At least half of all AIDS infections from our population are in Men who have sex with Men yet they make up a minority of those who are sexually active.

Do you know how statistics work?
If half of aids are gay men, and aids represent 1%, of population, then 0.5% of the population are gay men with aids. More than 0.5% of the population are gay men.
My work here is, finally, done.
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 10:05:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/9/2014 10:02:21 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/9/2014 9:29:18 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 7/9/2014 7:23:07 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/8/2014 10:22:29 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 7/8/2014 10:16:17 PM, buddha49er wrote:
At 7/8/2014 9:48:54 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
You are compounding the problem of Medical Errors by getting blood from known bad sources which increases the chance of a medical error occuring.

Straight people with HIV can donate too. Plenty of straight and gay people have HIV that don't realize it. You're grasping at straws to support your bigotry.

Again, they test blood for HIV. We will get more HIV blood that we will have to toss, but we will also get way more good blood that can be used.

FACT of the Matter: Most gay men have mulitple sex partners and because of that risky sex they are more likely to contract HIV/AIDS than a monogamous hetero married couple.
Not sure if this is why, but okay.

Therefore FACT: Percentage-wise blood given from gay men is more likely to have HIV/AIDS and thus more suspect so in the context of a medical error happening don't allow such blood into our blood banks.

True, it is more likely.
However, and the reason this claim is stupid, is the fact that less than 20% of gay men have HIV/AIDS.
That is 80% of gay men that are fine to donate blood, and lesbians are far less likely than gay men to have the virus, in fact, they may be less likely then straight men.

At least half of all AIDS infections from our population are in Men who have sex with Men yet they make up a minority of those who are sexually active.

Do you know how statistics work?
If half of aids are gay men, and aids represent 1%, of population, then 0.5% of the population are gay men with aids. More than 0.5% of the population are gay men.

Half of all AIDS cases usually implies half of everything affected. I highly suspect the government would not want to inflate the statistics in this area like you are suggesting.
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 10:06:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/9/2014 10:05:07 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 7/9/2014 10:02:21 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/9/2014 9:29:18 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 7/9/2014 7:23:07 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/8/2014 10:22:29 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 7/8/2014 10:16:17 PM, buddha49er wrote:
At 7/8/2014 9:48:54 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
You are compounding the problem of Medical Errors by getting blood from known bad sources which increases the chance of a medical error occuring.

Straight people with HIV can donate too. Plenty of straight and gay people have HIV that don't realize it. You're grasping at straws to support your bigotry.

Again, they test blood for HIV. We will get more HIV blood that we will have to toss, but we will also get way more good blood that can be used.

FACT of the Matter: Most gay men have mulitple sex partners and because of that risky sex they are more likely to contract HIV/AIDS than a monogamous hetero married couple.
Not sure if this is why, but okay.

Therefore FACT: Percentage-wise blood given from gay men is more likely to have HIV/AIDS and thus more suspect so in the context of a medical error happening don't allow such blood into our blood banks.

True, it is more likely.
However, and the reason this claim is stupid, is the fact that less than 20% of gay men have HIV/AIDS.
That is 80% of gay men that are fine to donate blood, and lesbians are far less likely than gay men to have the virus, in fact, they may be less likely then straight men.

At least half of all AIDS infections from our population are in Men who have sex with Men yet they make up a minority of those who are sexually active.

Do you know how statistics work?
If half of aids are gay men, and aids represent 1%, of population, then 0.5% of the population are gay men with aids. More than 0.5% of the population are gay men.

Half of all AIDS cases usually implies half of everything affected. I highly suspect the government would not want to inflate the statistics in this area like you are suggesting.

Do all Americans have AIDS?
If not, then 50% of AIDS patients =/= to 50% of the population

The simple FACT is that there are fewer AIDS patients than gays, and not all gays have AIDS.
My work here is, finally, done.
storytimewithjesus
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 10:07:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/9/2014 9:26:32 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
According to the Washington Times: "Men who have sex with other men are at high risk for HIV acquisition: In 2011, MSM "accounted for at least half of persons diagnosed with HIV in all but two states," the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in a report released Friday."

Jikpamu: Yet MSM are a minority of the overall population.

You can test for homosexuality: AIDS/HIV Blood Tests but why deliberately let gay men give blood. That is risky.

You can't test for homosexuality. You can test for HIV/AiDS which some but not all homosexuals have, just as some but not all straight people do. Again, testing for HIV/AIDS screens out the people who are risky, while there is no objective way to test for whether or not someone has had sex with people of the same gender. We can ask men if they've fucked other men, but they can lie and donate blood anyway. Trying to restrict blood donations on the basis of sexual orientation isn't even a thing we can possibly succeed at, whereas restricting blood donations on the basis of HIV tests is something we not only can succeed at, but which makes trying to restrict people on the basis of sexuality irrelevant.