Jump to topic:

A horrible but interesting idea!

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 12:33:26 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I don't know what you would call this. Neo-kleptocracy??

Just imagine this.

Healthcare, housing, retirement, education, etc, it's all free and/or much cheaper..BUT.....NO..TAXES..!!

How?!

Well, that's the catch..

Instead of stealing from it's own citizens it steals from..other nations!

Which would almost certainly start war and is arguably quite immoral anyway.

Just want your thoughts.

Can you think of a different way it could be funded?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 12:54:48 AM
It's called plundering and looting. Given the required forces to maintain such a program, I don't think health care or housing will be much of an issue.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 12:57:23 AM
Also kletocracy normally refers to government exploitation of citizens. All you described is spoils of war. :P

The alternative is

T
R
A
D
E
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 1:04:03 AM
If you are asking is import and export of goods is common in almost all countries (disclaimer since I don't know the economics of every single country) then yes.
Floid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 4:51:29 AM
Instead of stealing from it's own citizens it steals from..other nations!

Which would almost certainly start war and is arguably quite immoral anyway.

That is what we are already doing. We will never be able to pay back the principle on the money we are borrowing because we will never again be able to run a budget surplus. So in essence we are stealing from the countries that are loaning us money right now. We will keep paying them interest on it, but whenever they want their principle back we are going to have to say "Sorry :(".
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 3:13:40 PM
Oh shut up!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
KafkianRoach
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 3:23:44 AM
Wouldn't this create a kind of Economic Foodchain?

This would be terribly ineffecient, as you have less workers that are now supplying more people, the problem that literally going to boil down to "the survival of the fittest" it would be so chaotic, is that social crisis are going to be more abundant, for all nations involved.

"Stealing" from their own citizens, compared to this seems like a much more sensible approach being the lesser evil. (More and More funding is going to go to firearms and kevler vests...)