Border Brinkmanship & Immigration Reform

tokkertim
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 5:40:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hello,

I have a theory about the border crisis that may annoy liberals because it is not sympathetic to illegal immigrants but also give conservatives a bit of insight that is not coming from the likes of the Drudge Report.

I studied Latin American politics and used to live in El Paso, and my friend is a comedian, traveler, and entrepreneur. We co-wrote this article:

http://kiltsandcocaine.wordpress.com...

Let us know what you think!

Thanks
Mray56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 8:33:54 PM
Truth is, Obamas executive order granting amnesty to illegal immigrants is just political games. Obama deported 1.4 million illegal immigrants his first term. More than any other president in US history. Now, 71% of latinos that voted, voted for him during his 2012 campaign. catch the drift? Now he's all for amnesty? He couldn't care less about the well-being of those immigrants. He is counting the immigrants not as people but as votes.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 12:28:32 PM
At 7/11/2014 5:40:54 PM, tokkertim wrote:
Hello,

I have a theory about the border crisis that may annoy liberals because it is not sympathetic to illegal immigrants but also give conservatives a bit of insight that is not coming from the likes of the Drudge Report.

I studied Latin American politics and used to live in El Paso, and my friend is a comedian, traveler, and entrepreneur. We co-wrote this article:

Thanks

I think the USA should up security. But, have a rule so if you make it and do not get caught for 3 years, you get citizenship.
tokkertim
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 2:32:08 PM
At 7/11/2014 8:33:54 PM, Mray56 wrote:
Truth is, Obamas executive order granting amnesty to illegal immigrants is just political games. Obama deported 1.4 million illegal immigrants his first term. More than any other president in US history. Now, 71% of latinos that voted, voted for him during his 2012 campaign. catch the drift? Now he's all for amnesty? He couldn't care less about the well-being of those immigrants. He is counting the immigrants not as people but as votes.

That is an excellent point. It's all been a bit muddled by the politics. Obama "enforced the law" harder than any former President, yet he's "lawless." He wins no matter what, even being a hypocrite in practice.
Juris_Naturalis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 10:04:41 AM
At 7/11/2014 5:40:54 PM, tokkertim wrote:
Hello,

Thanks

An idea I've been contemplating for a while is all vets should offered jobs with the border patrol when they leave the military. That way, we could cut the veteran un-employment percent and improve border security at the same time.