Jump to topic:

Should Israel reoccupy Gaza?

suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 9:26:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Well it might not sound so politically correct, but it seem like a good idea to me. Better coordinate operation, less collateral damage. Technically it doesn't sound so bad for both the Israelis and the Gaza citizen, what do you think?
Juris_Naturalis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 9:37:10 AM
At 7/31/2014 9:26:01 AM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
Well it might not sound so politically correct, but it seem like a good idea to me. Better coordinate operation, less collateral damage. Technically it doesn't sound so bad for both the Israelis and the Gaza citizen, what do you think?

Well it doesn't sound like a bad idea if you're not opposed to Israel having their own Vietnam experience. . . . . . . . . . .
suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 11:27:50 AM
At 7/31/2014 9:37:10 AM, Juris_Naturalis wrote:

Well it doesn't sound like a bad idea if you're not opposed to Israel having their own Vietnam experience. . . . . . . . . . .

point is, they already have it anyway, several times in fact. And unlike the US, going back home isn't going to bring war away from them, war is right there, on their faces. If they don't put a stop on it, it will be like playing a Russian Roulette (no pun intended) until some of them actually get killed. I am surprised they didn't decided to do it long ago and, well, annexed them for good.
Banafsigi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 11:27:53 PM
That's exactly what the Israelis want but that will not happen. Very soon it appears they will be dealing with ISIS. Let's see if they wished they had never come to Palestine in the first place.
Juris_Naturalis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2014 8:40:51 AM
At 7/31/2014 11:27:50 AM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:

point is, they already have it anyway, several times in fact. And unlike the US, going back home isn't going to bring war away from them, war is right there, on their faces. If they don't put a stop on it, it will be like playing a Russian Roulette (no pun intended) until some of them actually get killed. I am surprised they didn't decided to do it long ago and, well, annexed them for good.

I can imagine that it's because Israel doesn't want to wage war after war in an American style when it has a military 1/10th the size of ours. Although I do agree with you, if the palestinians can't get over the fact that they're there, Israel should just do an "Ant/Boot" routine. If you know what I mean.
The_Immortal_Emris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2014 9:30:07 AM
Israel is on a sinking ship.

They have used a lie and a pretense to slaughter over 800 civilian Palestinians.

They claim Hamas violates the ceasfires, but they can't prove it.

Likely those firing rockets at Israelis are not from Palestine, but at Hezbollah or ISIS members to begin with.

Every middle eastern nation, even their allies, have a vested interest in the destruction of Israel's image in the world.

If the west turns against Israeli aggression, they are in significant straights.

Their truce with Egypt is in danger, Syria likely already has terror agents in Palestine working to fuel the conflict.

The Saudis have no love for the Palestinians, and they loathe Israel. You can bet they are financing shooters there.

There will be no ceasefires which the terror cells from outside of Palestine won't seek to break, and the Israelis will use any pretense to continue their slaughter.

This is a losing situation for both Israel and Palestine. They just don't know they've already lost to the Islamic national powers surrounding the region.
suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2014 6:13:48 AM
At 8/1/2014 8:40:51 AM, Juris_Naturalis wrote:

I can imagine that it's because Israel doesn't want to wage war after war in an American style when it has a military 1/10th the size of ours. Although I do agree with you, if the palestinians can't get over the fact that they're there, Israel should just do an "Ant/Boot" routine. If you know what I mean.

If that's mean just kill or expel the entire Arab population out of Israel, then no, I don't understand.

By annexing, I expected the Israel government to take over control of the Arab population and replace Hamas as the sole government of Gaza. That's for the Israel forces to better arrest and eliminate the terrorist clandestine within the area without harming the Arab civilian in the process. If that came to pass, and the Gaza Arab still want independent, they should have it. Although they should be aware that they will a landlocked without Israel, and shouldn't brag about it if they still feel any hostility toward their neighbour.
Juris_Naturalis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2014 7:28:06 AM
At 8/2/2014 6:13:48 AM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
At 8/1/2014 8:40:51 AM, Juris_Naturalis wrote:

If that's mean just kill or expel the entire Arab population out of Israel, then no, I don't understand.

By annexing, I expected the Israel government to take over control of the Arab population and replace Hamas as the sole government of Gaza. That's for the Israel forces to better arrest and eliminate the terrorist clandestine within the area without harming the Arab civilian in the process. If that came to pass, and the Gaza Arab still want independent, they should have it. Although they should be aware that they will a landlocked without Israel, and shouldn't brag about it if they still feel any hostility toward their neighbour.

I only meant the violent ones. Other than that, I agree with you.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2014 10:58:54 AM
Israel should leave Gaza alone and lift the siege of Gaza. The only reason the rockets are firing in the first place into Israel is because Gaza is an open-air prison and Isrealis stole the Palestinians land.
suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2014 11:03:50 AM
At 8/2/2014 10:58:54 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Israel should leave Gaza alone and lift the siege of Gaza. The only reason the rockets are firing in the first place into Israel is because Gaza is an open-air prison and Isrealis stole the Palestinians land.

... I don't think giving free passage to a people who swore to drawn your at sea would be a healthy idea. Hamas had proved themselves to be at least incapable of keeping their people from committing violence against Israel, if not actively encourage it. I think Israel has the right to prohibit them entering their territory.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2014 12:59:29 PM
At 8/2/2014 11:03:50 AM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:

... I don't think giving free passage to a people who swore to drawn your at sea would be a healthy idea. Hamas had proved themselves to be at least incapable of keeping their people from committing violence against Israel, if not actively encourage it. I think Israel has the right to prohibit them entering their territory.

The reason they fire rockets is because they are being occupied. What would you do if someone just threw you out of your house, take it?
ararmer1919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2014 1:35:32 PM
At 8/2/2014 12:59:29 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

The reason they fire rockets is because they are being occupied. What would you do if someone just threw you out of your house, take it?

They were firing rockets long before the occupation.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2014 6:56:02 PM
At 8/2/2014 1:35:32 PM, ararmer1919 wrote:

Every place has used weapons for different reasons than what they do now.
suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2014 2:24:15 AM

well, they (the Israel) already end the occupation... but to be honest, I am not exactly a supporter of the right to revolution, for any reasons if your movement resort to violence to accomplish its goal, that's enough for a deadly response (except, it was already a response.. know what I mean?). For that reason, I share no sympathy with the Hamas on this case.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2014 11:53:04 PM
At 8/2/2014 10:59:50 PM, ararmer1919 wrote:
At 8/2/2014 10:03:25 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Let's be clear here, Rockets are flying cause "Allah;" NOT "My house".

Nvm I got it.

Awesome.
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 8:30:41 AM

I like how your solution to a conflict caused by one nation attacking another is for that aggressive nation to completely destroy the other.
mendel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 4:14:13 PM
At 8/2/2014 6:56:02 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 8/2/2014 1:35:32 PM, ararmer1919 wrote:

Every place has used weapons for different reasons than what they do now.

Israel cleared out of gaza in 2005 the blockade was only put into place in 2007 after hamas had shot thousands of rockets into israel and then in 2007 won the elections in gaza check your history man.
suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 11:22:34 PM
At 8/4/2014 8:30:41 AM, Wocambs wrote:

I like how your solution to a conflict caused by one nation attacking another is for that aggressive nation to completely destroy the other.

That's technically better alternative in place of a long indecisive war, I would have advocate it too but the modern warfare had proven itself that simply 'knocking out' the state is not enough to end the war. I actually mean that Gaza being temporarily reoccupied to root out Hamas supporter and simply leave them be (under blockade). The economic pressure will eventually force them in to term anyway.
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 6:44:06 AM
At 8/4/2014 11:22:34 PM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:

That's technically better alternative in place of a long indecisive war, I would have advocate it too but the modern warfare had proven itself that simply 'knocking out' the state is not enough to end the war. I actually mean that Gaza being temporarily reoccupied to root out Hamas supporter and simply leave them be (under blockade). The economic pressure will eventually force them in to term anyway.

It's immoral. Israel have no right to occupy Gaza and destroy its government.
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 2:32:47 PM

At one time, launching a military attack on another nation prompted not only retaliation, but annihilation. When the Carthaginians attacked the Rome, it was the end of Carthage. But when Hamas launches an attack on Israel, they know whatever they do in response will be limited by calls for a cease-fire and diplomatic pressure from the U.S.

I think its sad how every time war breaks out betwen Israel and Hamas, the international community expects them to fight a "nice" war with no civilian casualties. The cease-fires save lives in the short run, but prolong the war in the long run, costing more lives.

We should support Israel's right to wipe out Hamas and colonize Gaza as justified by the casus belli of having been incessantly attacked by rockets even after generously allowing a conquered people to have the opportunity to be left in peace.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 2:53:31 PM
If it came with no disastrous consequences. then yes. Israel deserves not to be bordered by the most violent and racist people on earth. They're already a tiny sliver surrounded by a continent of people who wish to see the country destroyed.
CountCheechula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 6:06:28 PM
The Palestinians are not a real race, they are bunch of hired Arabs in the 1880's to swarm the land of Judea to kick out the Jews. Then filthy rich Arabic land owners sold to Jews for above top dollar. The Jews gladly paid and bought their land, Palestinians are just a propaganda tool for Arabs to keep Jews out of the holy lands.
Every man shall kneel and every tongue will confess.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 6:33:06 PM

Israel should definitely not retake Gaza. It needs to respect land belonging to Palestinians and get to immediate work with the counterpart government in Palestine to establish borders and negotiate an enduring, long-term peace. Failure to implement such a plan will only result in loss of life for both sides!
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 6:46:29 PM
If Israel retakes Gaza and continues building settlements in the West Bank, then obviously the nation is not being sincere about a two state solution. If Israel wants to absorb Palestinian territory, then what you really have is a one-state mentality--a self-declared "Jewish state"--forcing its will, its culture, and its religion on Palestinians, presently struggling for their own nation.

This is why it's vital that Israel stop constructing settlements in the West Bank and immediately negotiate a border with the Palestinian government.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 6:55:51 PM
In an ideal world, there would be no need for national borders, but in a world filled with choice, with multiple languages, with various forms of democracy and representative government, I think the need for borders is something we all have to come to respect and even appreciate.

I think it's unfair to ask Israel to live as some of its neighbors demand that it do, but it's also wrong to allow Israel to treat Palestinians however it chooses, because they're not Jewish and from western nations.

Both sides need to respect each others' boundaries.