Jump to topic:

Should the US stop provoking Russia?

iggy1993
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 9:08:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Recently we've all heard the so called "news reports" on how the government won't stand for what's going on in Ukraine. However it seems to me that they are the one's who are provoking war.
It all started with the US and the EU backing the new Kiev government (which was taken by force, not elected) and then they claimed that the annexing of Crimea was unconstitutional despite elections taking place and the "FOR" side winning by a landslide. Now their talking about bringing in NATO, I mean Putin is no hero, however he seems to be the one backing down every step of the way ever since it all began, and we seem to be the once's pushing for further conflict...........
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 9:21:45 PM
Both nations share responsibility for the strained U.S. - Russian relationship.

To just name off an action from each side, the Russians have trained and equipped the Pro-Russian separatists which are undermining the Ukrainian government. This technology led to the destruction of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17. The Americans in response have imposed sanctions on key components of the Russian economy, such as energy production. This leads us back to the conclusion that both sides share the burden of responsibility.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
James16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 7:37:54 PM
No, Russia deserves what they get. They have attacked a European country according to every country but them, they shot down Malyasia Airlines 17 , killed innocent people and could start another Cold War.
KGee1987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2014 12:32:01 AM
I think the USA and Russia should put aside their differences to deal with the Islamic State. I'm frightened that the latter will push Indonesia into invading Australia.
ohj0shua
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2014 7:41:25 AM
At 8/25/2014 12:32:01 AM, KGee1987 wrote:
I think the USA and Russia should put aside their differences to deal with the Islamic State. I'm frightened that the latter will push Indonesia into invading Australia.

I live in Australia and that would be a scary reality.

But on the main topic, I think America are the biggest hypocrites ever, They have invaded lots of foreign countries when the UN says it is illegal. The US are just better at managing global politics.
The_Immortal_Emris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2014 12:44:43 PM
At 8/25/2014 12:32:01 AM, KGee1987 wrote:

...really? Indonesia would be hopelessly slaughtered. I think you've been watching too much Murdoc news.