Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2010 11:26:40 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/8/2010 11:22:07 AM, CrappyDebater wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com...

Thoughts?

North Korea can talk the talk but they can't walk the walk, or in this case, blow up San Francisco.

North Korea doesn't have missiles right now that could even reach Hawaii. South Korea? Obviously, yes. Japan? Yes. Beijing? Vladivostok? Yes. US mainland? No. Not even close.

They could apparently hit Alaska, though, I doubt this is what they mean by "ready to blow up US."
Scott_Mann
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2010 11:57:51 AM
Just thought of something- didn't little Kimmy negotiate some form of "peace talks" with Bill Clinton during that hostage situation? After that I wouldn't have expected something remotely like this to come up.
The more posts you have, the less value they contain.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2010 11:58:14 AM
I can imagine the news reports now.

"North Korea sent off three missiles aimed towards the USA at 12:27 PM. It has been reported that at 12:28 PM North Korea is no longer in existence.
kfc
CrappyDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2010 12:22:00 PM
IF they did lob nukes towards the US, and the nukes did not hit land, how close could they get? Air detonation is still very bad
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2010 12:23:46 PM
At 3/8/2010 12:22:00 PM, CrappyDebater wrote:
IF they did lob nukes towards the US, and the nukes did not hit land, how close could they get? Air detonation is still very bad

They say that the missiles could reach Alaska.
kfc
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2010 4:23:10 PM
I'm personally surprised that North Korea hasn't collasped by now. They used to have the USSR for support, but once the USSR fell apart they were pretty much on their own... It's partially their fault though since they choose to be self-sustaining. That of course has limits though, but I suppose they do always have China to turn to...
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2010 7:59:29 PM
How come they hate us even after we got obama..!
Ithought that after bush will be gone every one wijj start to love us...!!
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2010 8:01:56 PM
At 3/8/2010 4:23:10 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I'm personally surprised that North Korea hasn't collasped by now. They used to have the USSR for support, but once the USSR fell apart they were pretty much on their own... It's partially their fault though since they choose to be self-sustaining. That of course has limits though, but I suppose they do always have China to turn to...

Nope. Chinese don't like them, at least not as much as they used to. NK is hostile to everyone.

The reason it hasn't collapsed is essentially because of Kim. He keeps the military unified, and the military keeps the North Koreans quiet. When Kim dies, watch the collapse ensue, unless his son proves to be more of a player than is thought...
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2010 12:52:59 PM

Thoughts?

I believe that the US should stop trying to bully N.Korea, and concentrate on the massive stockpiles we have. More US hegemony, we are able to have them without question, and are the biggest gangsters on the planet.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2010 1:39:10 PM
At 3/9/2010 12:52:59 PM, kelly224 wrote:

Thoughts?

I believe that the US should stop trying to bully N.Korea, and concentrate on the massive stockpiles we have. More US hegemony, we are able to have them without question, and are the biggest gangsters on the planet.

lol, cause the USA is so mean to innocent North Korea.
kfc
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2010 5:39:18 PM
At 3/9/2010 1:39:10 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 3/9/2010 12:52:59 PM, kelly224 wrote:

Thoughts?

lol, cause the USA is so mean to innocent North Korea.

Well to be fair, the US is the aggressor in many cases and I'm not referring to North Korea here.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2010 7:02:05 PM
At 3/9/2010 5:39:18 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Well to be fair, the US is the aggressor in many cases and I'm not referring to North Korea here.

So? The US is the aggressor usually for good reason. Does it even really matter?
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 5:50:36 PM
We need to nuke them tomorrow. I am
not kidding. We need to protect America. This is upseting. What are we waiting for. Bomb them.

...…....................................
Sorry, had my neoconservtive hat on. Woooh, don't worry I took it off and have thrown it away, forever!
Scott_Mann
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2010 1:20:45 AM
Not that bombing them would really have a huge impact on the rest of the world. Isn't North Korea isolated?
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2010 2:20:18 AM
At 3/11/2010 1:20:45 AM, Scott_Mann wrote:
Not that bombing them would really have a huge impact on the rest of the world. Isn't North Korea isolated?

Isolated? It has a coastline if that's what you mean. :P

http://www.lib.utexas.edu...
Scott_Mann
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2010 12:13:40 PM
At 3/11/2010 2:20:18 AM, Puck wrote:
At 3/11/2010 1:20:45 AM, Scott_Mann wrote:

Isolated? It has a coastline if that's what you mean. :P

http://www.lib.utexas.edu...

I was actually speaking in terms of alliances with other countries. Maybe some countries trade with North Korea, but none really have any diplomatic relationships with one another, so the US wouldn't have to worry about any nuclear threats from another country with WMD's, if we were to bomb North Korea.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2010 7:33:33 PM
we should just blow them up. I'm tired of this sh!t just get rid of them nobody likes the N koreans so why bother keeping them alive? why continue to humor them? they made a threat, they wanna play hard ball? Just get rid of them and Kim the world would be better off.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2010 7:41:25 PM
At 3/11/2010 12:13:40 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
I was actually speaking in terms of alliances with other countries. Maybe some countries trade with North Korea, but none really have any diplomatic relationships with one another, so the US wouldn't have to worry about any nuclear threats from another country with WMD's, if we were to bomb North Korea.

Yes, North Korea is very isolationist. Although, it does have relatively strong relations with countries like China and other countries like Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam. International trade is practically non-existent.

The US would assure itself as the most hated country in the world if we ever nuked North Korea, though. We most probably wouldn't be bombed, but I'd expect international trade and commerce would drop. There's no point in nuking North Korea.

At 3/11/2010 7:33:33 PM, Loserboi wrote:
we should just blow them up. I'm tired of this sh!t just get rid of them nobody likes the N koreans so why bother keeping them alive? why continue to humor them? they made a threat, they wanna play hard ball? Just get rid of them and Kim the world would be better off.

I wasn't aware Dick Cheney had an account on DDO.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2010 10:33:20 PM
In a similar threat towards Japan, 2ch (the original 4chan) responded,
Why don't they try ‘reducing Seoul to a sea of fire' first?

Which is exactly how I feel about this issue.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2010 9:09:31 AM
The NK are totally dependent on the chinese, and would have collapsed long ago without China. Neither China nor NK has any fear of the US, so NK will continue improving their missile technology for the purpose of extracting bribes. Both NK and China have enormous fear of Japan. The US should urge that Japan get nuclear weapons and offer to provide them to the Japanese. I rather doubt the Japanese would take them, at least not at present, but it would have a great sobering effect on the Chinese, and they are then much more likely to then curb Dear Leader. If that doesn't work, then we should continue to press nukes on Japan and to make the NK problem one for Japan and not the US.have been shooting missiles over Japan to extract bribes and the NK kidnapped a bunch of Japanese citizens held them for decades. So the Japanese are motivated.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2010 5:58:24 AM
Even a regional war between Pakistan and India with nuclear weapons would result in nuclear winter. The United States cannot just blow up North Korea. But they should launch a major attack on the nuclear power plants and do whatever they can to stop prevent them from reaching South Korea and other nations nearby, so North Korea stands defensively, not leading blitzkrieg.

The U.S. has the power and resources to crush North Korea after a period of war, without using nuclear weapons. North Korea wouldn't be able to lead an offensive attack against the U.S. because they cannot spend money on both citizens and their military in action simultaneously, and if China stops trade with them, they're going to hit the invisible wall. What's so complicated about all this is that North Korea has enough power to defend itself for a while and attack South Korea, and millions of people may die due to such actions.

Anyway, I'm definitely against usage of nuclear weapons in this case, so I think China and Russia should stop all kinds of trade with North Korea and put a pressure on it, and then we'll see what is going to happen.
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2010 11:53:55 AM
At 3/9/2010 7:02:05 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 3/9/2010 5:39:18 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

So? The US is the aggressor usually for good reason. Does it even really matter?

Who constitutes what a good reason is?..Good reasons meaning our own self interests?
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2010 11:55:22 AM
At 3/11/2010 7:33:33 PM, Loserboi wrote:

and then what? Create more terrorists so you can become even more fearful than what you are now?
collegekitchen7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2010 11:57:57 AM
At 3/8/2010 1:56:39 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
At 3/8/2010 12:23:58 PM, Volkov wrote:
North Korea's current missile range:

http://www.armybase.us...-

Looking at the link it says 03/2009. That's 1 year ago.
: At 3/24/2010 1:38:15 PM, Mirza wrote:
: But it's human nature. You're born inside your mother, so what's wrong with having some sexual activity with her?

: At 3/18/2010 6:48:05 AM, kelly224 wrote:
: read some credible history books, unplug from the matrix.

: At 3/21/2010 4:13:56 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
: Stocks would not go up 30% over something that hasn't even happened yet.

: At 3/21/2010 6:06:10 PM, banker wrote:
: It apears you have a wierd grasp of english..! its only second to