Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

Should the United States build up India?

LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 9:07:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This probably sounds like a dumb question. Why should the United States donate tons of resources to India?
Because let's be honest: America's clock is ticking. When we pass away from the World Power status, China will be the next great nation. Now, THAT doesn't sound so great, does it?
That's why we need to set another nation up, I think. A nation that will be able to hold China in check, prevent them from doing anything they want. A nation that holds on to Western values of liberty and equality.
That's why we need to build up India's army and economy. Because let's face it: most of the money we spend is wasted anyway. And neither party wants to cut the spending. Why not "waste" the money on something that matters, like keeping one dictatorial regime from running the world with an iron fist?
Discuss.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Dazz
Posts: 1,163
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 11:17:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/12/2014 9:07:18 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
This probably sounds like a dumb question. Why should the United States donate tons of resources to India?
Because let's be honest: America's clock is ticking. When we pass away from the World Power status, China will be the next great nation. Now, THAT doesn't sound so great, does it?
That's why we need to set another nation up, I think. A nation that will be able to hold China in check, prevent them from doing anything they want. A nation that holds on to Western values of liberty and equality.
That's why we need to build up India's army and economy. Because let's face it: most of the money we spend is wasted anyway. And neither party wants to cut the spending. Why not "waste" the money on something that matters, like keeping one dictatorial regime from running the world with an iron fist?
Discuss.

So what will it bring to US?
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 11:30:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
India would love to be da pawn.

Here's what would realistically happen. US backs India, China wakes up and starts backing Pakistan, just in case. India Pakistan are already treading the agressionary war line lately, one of them makes a move. Both nuclear powers, with big powers backing their military. World war 3.
Material_Girl
Posts: 264
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 12:50:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/13/2014 11:30:34 AM, Cermank wrote:
India would love to be da pawn.

Here's what would realistically happen. US backs India, China wakes up and starts backing Pakistan, just in case. India Pakistan are already treading the agressionary war line lately, one of them makes a move. Both nuclear powers, with big powers backing their military. World war 3.

This.

China are the ones the US should be being diplomatic with. Provoking them by backing someone else - and India, a very poorly organised country, to boot - is not a good idea.
http://commissaress.wordpress.com...

Political Compass
Economic Left: -10.00
Social Libertarian: -7.13

Yes, I am an evil godless commie.
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/13/2014 12:50:07 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 8/13/2014 11:30:34 AM, Cermank wrote:
India would love to be da pawn.

Here's what would realistically happen. US backs India, China wakes up and starts backing Pakistan, just in case. India Pakistan are already treading the agressionary war line lately, one of them makes a move. Both nuclear powers, with big powers backing their military. World war 3.

This.

China are the ones the US should be being diplomatic with. Provoking them by backing someone else - and India, a very poorly organised country, to boot - is not a good idea.

Actually, the only real tie that the United States of America has with the People's Republic of China is our massive debt to them.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Morality
Posts: 135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 5:27:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/13/2014 5:07:11 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/13/2014 12:50:07 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 8/13/2014 11:30:34 AM, Cermank wrote:
India would love to be da pawn.

Here's what would realistically happen. US backs India, China wakes up and starts backing Pakistan, just in case. India Pakistan are already treading the agressionary war line lately, one of them makes a move. Both nuclear powers, with big powers backing their military. World war 3.

This.

China are the ones the US should be being diplomatic with. Provoking them by backing someone else - and India, a very poorly organised country, to boot - is not a good idea.

Actually, the only real tie that the United States of America has with the People's Republic of China is our massive debt to them.
No, our economies are incredibly linked. We invest in each other, sell to each other, and depend on each other for economic survival. If one suffered a collapse, the other would feel it, and it would hurt bad.
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 5:46:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/13/2014 5:27:19 PM, Morality wrote:
At 8/13/2014 5:07:11 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/13/2014 12:50:07 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 8/13/2014 11:30:34 AM, Cermank wrote:
India would love to be da pawn.

Here's what would realistically happen. US backs India, China wakes up and starts backing Pakistan, just in case. India Pakistan are already treading the agressionary war line lately, one of them makes a move. Both nuclear powers, with big powers backing their military. World war 3.

This.

China are the ones the US should be being diplomatic with. Provoking them by backing someone else - and India, a very poorly organised country, to boot - is not a good idea.

Actually, the only real tie that the United States of America has with the People's Republic of China is our massive debt to them.
No, our economies are incredibly linked. We invest in each other, sell to each other, and depend on each other for economic survival. If one suffered a collapse, the other would feel it, and it would hurt bad.

Which is pretty much our debt, as there is a severe trade imbalance between the United States and China.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Morality
Posts: 135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 6:03:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/13/2014 5:46:43 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/13/2014 5:27:19 PM, Morality wrote:
At 8/13/2014 5:07:11 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/13/2014 12:50:07 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 8/13/2014 11:30:34 AM, Cermank wrote:
India would love to be da pawn.

Here's what would realistically happen. US backs India, China wakes up and starts backing Pakistan, just in case. India Pakistan are already treading the agressionary war line lately, one of them makes a move. Both nuclear powers, with big powers backing their military. World war 3.

This.

China are the ones the US should be being diplomatic with. Provoking them by backing someone else - and India, a very poorly organised country, to boot - is not a good idea.

Actually, the only real tie that the United States of America has with the People's Republic of China is our massive debt to them.
No, our economies are incredibly linked. We invest in each other, sell to each other, and depend on each other for economic survival. If one suffered a collapse, the other would feel it, and it would hurt bad.

Which is pretty much our debt, as there is a severe trade imbalance between the United States and China.
Only 8% of our debt is due to to China, and even if it were greater they would never call for it.

The trade imbalance greatly profits China, while makes us reliant on Chinese exports. Both China and the US would suffer from a collapse.
Gump
Posts: 67
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 6:45:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The question is, why don't we nuke India and rape the children? Now that would make the Christian church happy!
randolphk
Posts: 24
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 6:47:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/13/2014 6:45:59 PM, Gump wrote:
The question is, why don't we nuke India and rape the children? Now that would make the Christian church happy!

Yeah Gump! Telling it as it is!
Redspectre
Posts: 37
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 6:00:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
No. General rule of thumb is to not trust people from the middle east, africa or anywhere with a large population of brown people. If we give them money they could use it to attack us. Lets spend the money making our military kick a** and fight those damn commies
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 6:21:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 6:00:07 PM, Redspectre wrote:
No. General rule of thumb is to not trust people from the middle east, africa or anywhere with a large population of brown people. If we give them money they could use it to attack us. Lets spend the money making our military kick a** and fight those damn commies

This is why I value money over people. Money can't be racist.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Redspectre
Posts: 37
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 6:42:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 6:21:17 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:00:07 PM, Redspectre wrote:
No. General rule of thumb is to not trust people from the middle east, africa or anywhere with a large population of brown people. If we give them money they could use it to attack us. Lets spend the money making our military kick a** and fight those damn commies

This is why I value money over people. Money can't be racist.

Its not racist if its true. The middle east is the worst place on earth, africa is bad, india is bad. All of these places also have unstable governments and can easily be taken over by a radical islamist group.
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 6:57:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 6:42:44 PM, Redspectre wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:21:17 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:00:07 PM, Redspectre wrote:
No. General rule of thumb is to not trust people from the middle east, africa or anywhere with a large population of brown people. If we give them money they could use it to attack us. Lets spend the money making our military kick a** and fight those damn commies

This is why I value money over people. Money can't be racist.

Its not racist if its true. The middle east is the worst place on earth, africa is bad, india is bad. All of these places also have unstable governments and can easily be taken over by a radical islamist group.

I'm curious here. why is India considered bad?
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 7:00:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 6:57:00 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:42:44 PM, Redspectre wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:21:17 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:00:07 PM, Redspectre wrote:
No. General rule of thumb is to not trust people from the middle east, africa or anywhere with a large population of brown people. If we give them money they could use it to attack us. Lets spend the money making our military kick a** and fight those damn commies

This is why I value money over people. Money can't be racist.

Its not racist if its true. The middle east is the worst place on earth, africa is bad, india is bad. All of these places also have unstable governments and can easily be taken over by a radical islamist group.

I'm curious here. why is India considered bad?

It's the world's most dysfunctional country that isn't outright considered a failed state.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 7:01:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 7:00:33 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:57:00 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:42:44 PM, Redspectre wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:21:17 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:00:07 PM, Redspectre wrote:
No. General rule of thumb is to not trust people from the middle east, africa or anywhere with a large population of brown people. If we give them money they could use it to attack us. Lets spend the money making our military kick a** and fight those damn commies

This is why I value money over people. Money can't be racist.

Its not racist if its true. The middle east is the worst place on earth, africa is bad, india is bad. All of these places also have unstable governments and can easily be taken over by a radical islamist group.

I'm curious here. why is India considered bad?

It's the world's most dysfunctional country that isn't outright considered a failed state.

parameters for dysfunctionality?
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 7:03:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 7:01:31 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:00:33 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:57:00 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:42:44 PM, Redspectre wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:21:17 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:00:07 PM, Redspectre wrote:
No. General rule of thumb is to not trust people from the middle east, africa or anywhere with a large population of brown people. If we give them money they could use it to attack us. Lets spend the money making our military kick a** and fight those damn commies

This is why I value money over people. Money can't be racist.

Its not racist if its true. The middle east is the worst place on earth, africa is bad, india is bad. All of these places also have unstable governments and can easily be taken over by a radical islamist group.

I'm curious here. why is India considered bad?

It's the world's most dysfunctional country that isn't outright considered a failed state.

parameters for dysfunctionality?

Quibbling isn't necessary. Half the people in the country have access to toilets.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 7:10:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 7:03:34 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:01:31 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:00:33 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:57:00 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:42:44 PM, Redspectre wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:21:17 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:00:07 PM, Redspectre wrote:
No. General rule of thumb is to not trust people from the middle east, africa or anywhere with a large population of brown people. If we give them money they could use it to attack us. Lets spend the money making our military kick a** and fight those damn commies

This is why I value money over people. Money can't be racist.

Its not racist if its true. The middle east is the worst place on earth, africa is bad, india is bad. All of these places also have unstable governments and can easily be taken over by a radical islamist group.

I'm curious here. why is India considered bad?

It's the world's most dysfunctional country that isn't outright considered a failed state.

parameters for dysfunctionality?

Quibbling isn't necessary. Half the people in the country have access to toilets.

That isn't dysfunctional though. Dysfunctional is when the *country* cannot be run because the government sucks. The toilets thing is a social issue more than anything- people *prefer* not having toilets because that's what has always been. I mean, I can provide links and stuff- but I'm not sure of what you're arguing.

The country definitely has got some issues, but dysfunctionality implies its inherent because of the very political system that's in place. That's not true at all.
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 7:22:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 7:10:50 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:03:34 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:01:31 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:00:33 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:57:00 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:42:44 PM, Redspectre wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:21:17 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:00:07 PM, Redspectre wrote:
No. General rule of thumb is to not trust people from the middle east, africa or anywhere with a large population of brown people. If we give them money they could use it to attack us. Lets spend the money making our military kick a** and fight those damn commies

This is why I value money over people. Money can't be racist.

Its not racist if its true. The middle east is the worst place on earth, africa is bad, india is bad. All of these places also have unstable governments and can easily be taken over by a radical islamist group.

I'm curious here. why is India considered bad?

It's the world's most dysfunctional country that isn't outright considered a failed state.

parameters for dysfunctionality?

Quibbling isn't necessary. Half the people in the country have access to toilets.

That isn't dysfunctional though. Dysfunctional is when the *country* cannot be run because the government sucks. The toilets thing is a social issue more than anything- people *prefer* not having toilets because that's what has always been. I mean, I can provide links and stuff- but I'm not sure of what you're arguing.

The country definitely has got some issues, but dysfunctionality implies its inherent because of the very political system that's in place. That's not true at all.

Ian Bremmer said it best: https://twitter.com...
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 7:34:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 7:22:01 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:10:50 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:03:34 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:01:31 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:00:33 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:57:00 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:42:44 PM, Redspectre wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:21:17 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:00:07 PM, Redspectre wrote:
No. General rule of thumb is to not trust people from the middle east, africa or anywhere with a large population of brown people. If we give them money they could use it to attack us. Lets spend the money making our military kick a** and fight those damn commies

This is why I value money over people. Money can't be racist.

Its not racist if its true. The middle east is the worst place on earth, africa is bad, india is bad. All of these places also have unstable governments and can easily be taken over by a radical islamist group.

I'm curious here. why is India considered bad?

It's the world's most dysfunctional country that isn't outright considered a failed state.

parameters for dysfunctionality?

Quibbling isn't necessary. Half the people in the country have access to toilets.

That isn't dysfunctional though. Dysfunctional is when the *country* cannot be run because the government sucks. The toilets thing is a social issue more than anything- people *prefer* not having toilets because that's what has always been. I mean, I can provide links and stuff- but I'm not sure of what you're arguing.

The country definitely has got some issues, but dysfunctionality implies its inherent because of the very political system that's in place. That's not true at all.

Ian Bremmer said it best: https://twitter.com...

lol its a parliamentary democracy. There are representatives and sht. Everyone's accountable. Like, that might be a good rant thing- but that'snot exactly factually true. Like India ranks third if we list all the countries by PPP adjusted GDP. That's not a dysfunctional country.
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 8:01:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 7:34:09 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:22:01 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:10:50 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:03:34 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:01:31 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:00:33 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:57:00 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:42:44 PM, Redspectre wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:21:17 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:00:07 PM, Redspectre wrote:
No. General rule of thumb is to not trust people from the middle east, africa or anywhere with a large population of brown people. If we give them money they could use it to attack us. Lets spend the money making our military kick a** and fight those damn commies

This is why I value money over people. Money can't be racist.

Its not racist if its true. The middle east is the worst place on earth, africa is bad, india is bad. All of these places also have unstable governments and can easily be taken over by a radical islamist group.

I'm curious here. why is India considered bad?

It's the world's most dysfunctional country that isn't outright considered a failed state.

parameters for dysfunctionality?

Quibbling isn't necessary. Half the people in the country have access to toilets.

That isn't dysfunctional though. Dysfunctional is when the *country* cannot be run because the government sucks. The toilets thing is a social issue more than anything- people *prefer* not having toilets because that's what has always been. I mean, I can provide links and stuff- but I'm not sure of what you're arguing.

The country definitely has got some issues, but dysfunctionality implies its inherent because of the very political system that's in place. That's not true at all.

Ian Bremmer said it best: https://twitter.com...

lol its a parliamentary democracy. There are representatives and sht. Everyone's accountable. Like, that might be a good rant thing- but that'snot exactly factually true. Like India ranks third if we list all the countries by PPP adjusted GDP. That's not a dysfunctional country.

Does have sexy bitches though.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 8:34:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/12/2014 9:07:18 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
This probably sounds like a dumb question. Why should the United States donate tons of resources to India?
Because let's be honest: America's clock is ticking. When we pass away from the World Power status, China will be the next great nation. Now, THAT doesn't sound so great, does it?
That's why we need to set another nation up, I think. A nation that will be able to hold China in check, prevent them from doing anything they want. A nation that holds on to Western values of liberty and equality.
That's why we need to build up India's army and economy. Because let's face it: most of the money we spend is wasted anyway. And neither party wants to cut the spending. Why not "waste" the money on something that matters, like keeping one dictatorial regime from running the world with an iron fist?
Discuss.

Why would we go through all the hassle and expense of building up another country while acknowledging at the same time we are tearing down our own country. Conventional common sense logic says get rid of the things that are destroying this country. If we export what is destroying this country currently, how would that help another country? Logic dictates that the powers that be right now would export the exact same economic theories and policies that are destroying this country at present. If I was India I would say thanks, but no thanks. Why would India want to be a failing bankrupt nation like yours. If I were India I would say, you are in no position to tell any country anything other than to use military force and tyranny to force your stupid economic polices upon India.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 8:38:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 8:34:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 8/12/2014 9:07:18 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
This probably sounds like a dumb question. Why should the United States donate tons of resources to India?
Because let's be honest: America's clock is ticking. When we pass away from the World Power status, China will be the next great nation. Now, THAT doesn't sound so great, does it?
That's why we need to set another nation up, I think. A nation that will be able to hold China in check, prevent them from doing anything they want. A nation that holds on to Western values of liberty and equality.
That's why we need to build up India's army and economy. Because let's face it: most of the money we spend is wasted anyway. And neither party wants to cut the spending. Why not "waste" the money on something that matters, like keeping one dictatorial regime from running the world with an iron fist?
Discuss.

Why would we go through all the hassle and expense of building up another country while acknowledging at the same time we are tearing down our own country. Conventional common sense logic says get rid of the things that are destroying this country. If we export what is destroying this country currently, how would that help another country? Logic dictates that the powers that be right now would export the exact same economic theories and policies that are destroying this country at present. If I was India I would say thanks, but no thanks. Why would India want to be a failing bankrupt nation like yours. If I were India I would say, you are in no position to tell any country anything other than to use military force and tyranny to force your stupid economic polices upon India.

Free Market Capitalism is what would be given to India. Our nation's economy is falling due to deviation from Capitalism and Fiscal Recklessness. That's not what would be given to India.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 9:55:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 8:01:54 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:34:09 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:22:01 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:10:50 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:03:34 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:01:31 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:00:33 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:57:00 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:42:44 PM, Redspectre wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:21:17 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/18/2014 6:00:07 PM, Redspectre wrote:
No. General rule of thumb is to not trust people from the middle east, africa or anywhere with a large population of brown people. If we give them money they could use it to attack us. Lets spend the money making our military kick a** and fight those damn commies

This is why I value money over people. Money can't be racist.

Its not racist if its true. The middle east is the worst place on earth, africa is bad, india is bad. All of these places also have unstable governments and can easily be taken over by a radical islamist group.

I'm curious here. why is India considered bad?

It's the world's most dysfunctional country that isn't outright considered a failed state.

parameters for dysfunctionality?

Quibbling isn't necessary. Half the people in the country have access to toilets.

That isn't dysfunctional though. Dysfunctional is when the *country* cannot be run because the government sucks. The toilets thing is a social issue more than anything- people *prefer* not having toilets because that's what has always been. I mean, I can provide links and stuff- but I'm not sure of what you're arguing.

The country definitely has got some issues, but dysfunctionality implies its inherent because of the very political system that's in place. That's not true at all.

Ian Bremmer said it best: https://twitter.com...

lol its a parliamentary democracy. There are representatives and sht. Everyone's accountable. Like, that might be a good rant thing- but that'snot exactly factually true. Like India ranks third if we list all the countries by PPP adjusted GDP. That's not a dysfunctional country.

Does have sexy bitches though.

lol i dont even know how to respond to that
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 11:00:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 8:38:16 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/18/2014 8:34:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 8/12/2014 9:07:18 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
This probably sounds like a dumb question. Why should the United States donate tons of resources to India?
Because let's be honest: America's clock is ticking. When we pass away from the World Power status, China will be the next great nation. Now, THAT doesn't sound so great, does it?
That's why we need to set another nation up, I think. A nation that will be able to hold China in check, prevent them from doing anything they want. A nation that holds on to Western values of liberty and equality.
That's why we need to build up India's army and economy. Because let's face it: most of the money we spend is wasted anyway. And neither party wants to cut the spending. Why not "waste" the money on something that matters, like keeping one dictatorial regime from running the world with an iron fist?
Discuss.

Why would we go through all the hassle and expense of building up another country while acknowledging at the same time we are tearing down our own country. Conventional common sense logic says get rid of the things that are destroying this country. If we export what is destroying this country currently, how would that help another country? Logic dictates that the powers that be right now would export the exact same economic theories and policies that are destroying this country at present. If I was India I would say thanks, but no thanks. Why would India want to be a failing bankrupt nation like yours. If I were India I would say, you are in no position to tell any country anything other than to use military force and tyranny to force your stupid economic polices upon India.

Free Market Capitalism is what would be given to India. Our nation's economy is falling due to deviation from Capitalism and Fiscal Recklessness. That's not what would be given to India.

"Free Market Capitalism is what would be given to India." Am I to assume that "YOU" will be the powers that be in this hypothetical idea if implemented or will we be relying on the current actual leadership of this nation to implement this hypothetical idea?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%