Jump to topic:

Anyone willing to talk geopolitics?

The_Immortal_Emris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 8:51:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'd like to to put an open invite out there for folks who have a passion for geo-politics and hegemonic analysis.

Does anyone on this site enjoy reading the geo-political landscape and offering perspective on world events and international politics?

It seems to me, not many are able to discuss these issues without investing too much emotion to remain reasonable.

If you have a particular geographical interest, share it with the forum, and talk a bit about your perspective.

I want to know who the regional experts are (or who thinks they are regional experts).

Looking forward to meeting some of the more lofty intellectuals on the site.
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 1:30:31 PM
At 8/15/2014 8:51:00 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
I'd like to to put an open invite out there for folks who have a passion for geo-politics and hegemonic analysis.

Does anyone on this site enjoy reading the geo-political landscape and offering perspective on world events and international politics?

It seems to me, not many are able to discuss these issues without investing too much emotion to remain reasonable.

If you have a particular geographical interest, share it with the forum, and talk a bit about your perspective.

I want to know who the regional experts are (or who thinks they are regional experts).

Happy to see, some lofty intellectuals are invited for this interesting subject. It would be prolific discussion, though I don't find myself meticulous for it, still curious to know about your focal point of discussion in Geopolitics.
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
The_Immortal_Emris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 3:05:58 PM
At 8/22/2014 1:30:31 PM, Dazz wrote:

Happy to see, some lofty intellectuals are invited for this interesting subject. It would be prolific discussion, though I don't find myself meticulous for it, still curious to know about your focal point of discussion in Geopolitics.

My focus begins with Istanbul and radiates outward.

My primary field of study has been on the relationship between Asia minor and the West, as well as the Mid-east, specifically the areas surrounding Armenia.

I have a strong background in the history of the Holy Land as well.

I do not have over-much knowledge of African history, save for Egypt and Libya.

I have little knowledge of the history of Algiers and Morocco, though I know they are predominately of Moorish ancestry.
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 11:40:49 AM
At 8/22/2014 3:05:58 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:30:31 PM, Dazz wrote:

My focus begins with Istanbul and radiates outward.
Let's start with your starting. Talk about your interest, no doubt, the regional politics there has definitely been absorbing the eminence in it. It'd saved the Golden era for the centuries to our surprise, along with the dark that arose long ago the World Wars.

My primary field of study has been on the relationship between Asia minor and the West, as well as the Mid-east, specifically the areas surrounding Armenia.

I have a strong background in the history of the Holy Land as well.
That's good. I'd like to hear in detail.

I do not have over-much knowledge of African history, save for Egypt and Libya.

I have little knowledge of the history of Algiers and Morocco, though I know they are predominately of Moorish ancestry.
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~