Jump to topic:

Does the government use provocateurs?

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 5:23:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
As any good conservative, I have a distrust for government and find them inherently evil. I find it funny that everytime you see some public dissent over corrupt government or the businesses that finance it, you'll find a few people who start doing stupid things. Such as throw Molotov cocktails at the police or break some windows, basically start a riot.

How likely is it, that every single protest that has major media coverage turns into a violent confrontation with the police?

I have gut feelings on this subject, but would like to hear people's opinions on the following question.

Does the United State's government hire agent provocateurs to quell peaceful dissent?
Juris_Naturalis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2014 8:04:15 AM
At 8/19/2014 5:23:53 AM, Wylted wrote:
As any good conservative, I have a distrust for government and find them inherently evil. I find it funny that everytime you see some public dissent over corrupt government or the businesses that finance it, you'll find a few people who start doing stupid things. Such as throw Molotov cocktails at the police or break some windows, basically start a riot.

How likely is it, that every single protest that has major media coverage turns into a violent confrontation with the police?

I have gut feelings on this subject, but would like to hear people's opinions on the following question.

Does the United State's government hire agent provocateurs to quell peaceful dissent?

This is assuming that when people from the ghetto get together in the thousands, they're still capable of higher brain function. For that matter, I don't think anyone could get together in the thousands and still have higher brain functions. People in crowds do stupid things.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2014 1:09:26 PM
At 8/21/2014 8:04:15 AM, Juris_Naturalis wrote:

This is assuming that when people from the ghetto get together in the thousands, they're still capable of higher brain function. For that matter, I don't think anyone could get together in the thousands and still have higher brain functions. People in crowds do stupid things.

You can see people in the thousands at events like a fair or a parade or concert. Typically no riots start.
Juris_Naturalis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2014 9:09:16 PM
At 8/21/2014 1:09:26 PM, Wylted wrote:

You can see people in the thousands at events like a fair or a parade or concert. Typically no riots start.

True, but usually, everyone goes to a fair or carnival for entertainment and to mind their own business. Get a few thousand people together who are all collectively pissed. . . . . . . . they show no resemblance.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2014 9:11:11 PM
At 8/21/2014 9:09:16 PM, Juris_Naturalis wrote:
At 8/21/2014 1:09:26 PM, Wylted wrote:

True, but usually, everyone goes to a fair or carnival for entertainment and to mind their own business. Get a few thousand people together who are all collectively pissed. . . . . . . . they show no resemblance.

Good point