Total Posts:66|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Second Amendment.

Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 5:44:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Second Amendment was written for one reason, and one reason only. Actually, you can argue that there were two reasons. But the main reason was so that Americans could protect themselves, if our government ever tried to control us. This is clearly demonstrated by the writings of our founding fathers. We had just thrown of the oppressive yoke of Great Britain, and we vowed that it would never have to happen again. This is the reason we want to keep our guns. I believe that most people, who want to take our guns away, are the very people who would like to control us. I have one thing to say to such individuals. Four words. MY COLD DEAD FINGERS! You'll get my gun when you can pry it from them. And I'll take as many of you with me as I can.
Osiris_Rosenthorne
Posts: 82
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 8:30:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 5:44:01 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Second Amendment was written for one reason, and one reason only. Actually, you can argue that there were two reasons. But the main reason was so that Americans could protect themselves, if our government ever tried to control us. This is clearly demonstrated by the writings of our founding fathers. We had just thrown of the oppressive yoke of Great Britain, and we vowed that it would never have to happen again. This is the reason we want to keep our guns. I believe that most people, who want to take our guns away, are the very people who would like to control us. I have one thing to say to such individuals. Four words. MY COLD DEAD FINGERS! You'll get my gun when you can pry it from them. And I'll take as many of you with me as I can.

Don't worry, we'll just carpet bomb you, and then you'll have no fingers for us to pry your little puny AR15 from.
I probably hate everything you stand for - and on.
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 8:56:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 8:30:07 AM, Osiris_Rosenthorne wrote:
At 9/3/2014 5:44:01 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Second Amendment was written for one reason, and one reason only. Actually, you can argue that there were two reasons. But the main reason was so that Americans could protect themselves, if our government ever tried to control us. This is clearly demonstrated by the writings of our founding fathers. We had just thrown of the oppressive yoke of Great Britain, and we vowed that it would never have to happen again. This is the reason we want to keep our guns. I believe that most people, who want to take our guns away, are the very people who would like to control us. I have one thing to say to such individuals. Four words. MY COLD DEAD FINGERS! You'll get my gun when you can pry it from them. And I'll take as many of you with me as I can.

Don't worry, we'll just carpet bomb you, and then you'll have no fingers for us to pry your little puny AR15 from.

I'd really love to give you credit for having some intelligence, but you're making it extremely difficult.
Osiris_Rosenthorne
Posts: 82
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 9:08:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 8:56:47 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/3/2014 8:30:07 AM, Osiris_Rosenthorne wrote:
At 9/3/2014 5:44:01 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Second Amendment was written for one reason, and one reason only. Actually, you can argue that there were two reasons. But the main reason was so that Americans could protect themselves, if our government ever tried to control us. This is clearly demonstrated by the writings of our founding fathers. We had just thrown of the oppressive yoke of Great Britain, and we vowed that it would never have to happen again. This is the reason we want to keep our guns. I believe that most people, who want to take our guns away, are the very people who would like to control us. I have one thing to say to such individuals. Four words. MY COLD DEAD FINGERS! You'll get my gun when you can pry it from them. And I'll take as many of you with me as I can.

Don't worry, we'll just carpet bomb you, and then you'll have no fingers for us to pry your little puny AR15 from.

I'd really love to give you credit for having some intelligence, but you're making it extremely difficult.

If you want an intelligent response, give me something intelligent to respond to. The whole, I'll be able to stop the whole US army if it falls to a tyrant with my AR-15 and a six pack of beer doesn't merit an intelligent response.
I probably hate everything you stand for - and on.
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 9:18:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 9:08:03 AM, Osiris_Rosenthorne wrote:
At 9/3/2014 8:56:47 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/3/2014 8:30:07 AM, Osiris_Rosenthorne wrote:
At 9/3/2014 5:44:01 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Second Amendment was written for one reason, and one reason only. Actually, you can argue that there were two reasons. But the main reason was so that Americans could protect themselves, if our government ever tried to control us. This is clearly demonstrated by the writings of our founding fathers. We had just thrown of the oppressive yoke of Great Britain, and we vowed that it would never have to happen again. This is the reason we want to keep our guns. I believe that most people, who want to take our guns away, are the very people who would like to control us. I have one thing to say to such individuals. Four words. MY COLD DEAD FINGERS! You'll get my gun when you can pry it from them. And I'll take as many of you with me as I can.

Don't worry, we'll just carpet bomb you, and then you'll have no fingers for us to pry your little puny AR15 from.

I'd really love to give you credit for having some intelligence, but you're making it extremely difficult.

If you want an intelligent response, give me something intelligent to respond to. The whole, I'll be able to stop the whole US army if it falls to a tyrant with my AR-15 and a six pack of beer doesn't merit an intelligent response.

Your reading comprehension needs a little work. My point was that I, and others, would defend our freedom to the death. That people who would try to deny us that right are in for a fight. I'm only one person, but there are millions of patriots that own firearms and think as I do. Tyrants beware.
Osiris_Rosenthorne
Posts: 82
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 9:29:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 9:18:11 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:08:03 AM, Osiris_Rosenthorne wrote:
At 9/3/2014 8:56:47 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/3/2014 8:30:07 AM, Osiris_Rosenthorne wrote:
At 9/3/2014 5:44:01 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Second Amendment was written for one reason, and one reason only. Actually, you can argue that there were two reasons. But the main reason was so that Americans could protect themselves, if our government ever tried to control us. This is clearly demonstrated by the writings of our founding fathers. We had just thrown of the oppressive yoke of Great Britain, and we vowed that it would never have to happen again. This is the reason we want to keep our guns. I believe that most people, who want to take our guns away, are the very people who would like to control us. I have one thing to say to such individuals. Four words. MY COLD DEAD FINGERS! You'll get my gun when you can pry it from them. And I'll take as many of you with me as I can.

Don't worry, we'll just carpet bomb you, and then you'll have no fingers for us to pry your little puny AR15 from.

I'd really love to give you credit for having some intelligence, but you're making it extremely difficult.

If you want an intelligent response, give me something intelligent to respond to. The whole, I'll be able to stop the whole US army if it falls to a tyrant with my AR-15 and a six pack of beer doesn't merit an intelligent response.

Your reading comprehension needs a little work. My point was that I, and others, would defend our freedom to the death. That people who would try to deny us that right are in for a fight. I'm only one person, but there are millions of patriots that own firearms and think as I do. Tyrants beware.

Lol, you think any tyrant would be afraid of you? Plus, you don't need guns to defend stupidity to the death, it works as good either way.
I probably hate everything you stand for - and on.
Shadow-Dragon
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 9:37:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Well, interesting wording.
Don't get me wrong, I support the right to bear arms, but the government controls us, in case you don't realize. I don't mind that too much, but they practically control us.

They control the media and the press, and they decide what they want us to learn.
The_Immortal_Emris
Posts: 474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 9:52:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 9:37:49 AM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
Well, interesting wording.
Don't get me wrong, I support the right to bear arms, but the government controls us, in case you don't realize. I don't mind that too much, but they practically control us.

They control the media and the press, and they decide what they want us to learn.

As a former member of the media (aka the press as they are the same thing), this is not true.

Perhaps Fox news gets its marching order from Murdoc's right wing board of directors, but the average media outlet has no political affiliation. They do capitalize on our inability to think beyond the two party system. They make tons of money off of pitting stupid people against idealists. Aka Republicans vs. Democrats.

Meanwhile, the realists on both sides of the aisle can't have discourse, because it's drowned out in a sea of derp.
Shadow-Dragon
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 9:55:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 9:52:55 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:37:49 AM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
Well, interesting wording.
Don't get me wrong, I support the right to bear arms, but the government controls us, in case you don't realize. I don't mind that too much, but they practically control us.

They control the media and the press, and they decide what they want us to learn.

As a former member of the media (aka the press as they are the same thing), this is not true.

Perhaps Fox news gets its marching order from Murdoc's right wing board of directors, but the average media outlet has no political affiliation. They do capitalize on our inability to think beyond the two party system. They make tons of money off of pitting stupid people against idealists. Aka Republicans vs. Democrats.

Meanwhile, the realists on both sides of the aisle can't have discourse, because it's drowned out in a sea of derp.

I appreciate your insight, but don't you realize how biased the news stations are? Of course, Fox is right wing, but MSNBC is so liberal, and practically every other station besides Fox... It's hard to watch the news with such rampant liberal propaganda.

Of course, I like Fox, though. Haha.

Any response?
The_Immortal_Emris
Posts: 474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 9:57:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 9:55:14 AM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:52:55 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:37:49 AM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
Well, interesting wording.
Don't get me wrong, I support the right to bear arms, but the government controls us, in case you don't realize. I don't mind that too much, but they practically control us.

They control the media and the press, and they decide what they want us to learn.

As a former member of the media (aka the press as they are the same thing), this is not true.

Perhaps Fox news gets its marching order from Murdoc's right wing board of directors, but the average media outlet has no political affiliation. They do capitalize on our inability to think beyond the two party system. They make tons of money off of pitting stupid people against idealists. Aka Republicans vs. Democrats.

Meanwhile, the realists on both sides of the aisle can't have discourse, because it's drowned out in a sea of derp.

I appreciate your insight, but don't you realize how biased the news stations are? Of course, Fox is right wing, but MSNBC is so liberal, and practically every other station besides Fox...

Is conservative. CNN has become so right-wing and intellectually vacuous, specifically to mimic the Fox model.

http://books.google.com...

It's hard to watch the news with such rampant liberal propaganda.

Reality has a liberal bias.

Of course, I like Fox, though. Haha.

I'm not surprised. You're ill informed on many issues.

Any response?

I think you've done a pretty good job illustrating my point.
Shadow-Dragon
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 10:04:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 9:57:46 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:55:14 AM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:52:55 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:37:49 AM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
Well, interesting wording.
Don't get me wrong, I support the right to bear arms, but the government controls us, in case you don't realize. I don't mind that too much, but they practically control us.

They control the media and the press, and they decide what they want us to learn.

As a former member of the media (aka the press as they are the same thing), this is not true.

Perhaps Fox news gets its marching order from Murdoc's right wing board of directors, but the average media outlet has no political affiliation. They do capitalize on our inability to think beyond the two party system. They make tons of money off of pitting stupid people against idealists. Aka Republicans vs. Democrats.

Meanwhile, the realists on both sides of the aisle can't have discourse, because it's drowned out in a sea of derp.

I appreciate your insight, but don't you realize how biased the news stations are? Of course, Fox is right wing, but MSNBC is so liberal, and practically every other station besides Fox...

Is conservative. CNN has become so right-wing and intellectually vacuous, specifically to mimic the Fox model.

http://books.google.com...

It's hard to watch the news with such rampant liberal propaganda.

Reality has a liberal bias.

Of course, I like Fox, though. Haha.

I'm not surprised. You're ill informed on many issues.

Any response?

I think you've done a pretty good job illustrating my point.

Oh, I'm sorry I don't blindly follow liberal propaganda that's being shoved down ignorant people's throats in America.

I believe what I believe in, and I am informed. I asked you for a response to learn more about press since you were previously involved, but not to receive a remark on my political and moral beliefs.

If liberals ran this nation, we would see aborted gay weed-smoking babies on the ground, and lazy ignorant children watching TV in their public schools, with parents living off welfare and the government.

Liberals have drove this nation into the ground, and they'll drive it farther. Unfortunately, so many younger children and teenagers are liberal. All uninformed, and believing that propaganda because all they care about is minorities (like gays) being happy.

Your last line was quite ignorant in and of itself, but hey, what would a liberal be without logical fallacies and hypocrisy.
The_Immortal_Emris
Posts: 474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 10:15:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 10:04:43 AM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:57:46 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:55:14 AM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:52:55 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:37:49 AM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
Well, interesting wording.
Don't get me wrong, I support the right to bear arms, but the government controls us, in case you don't realize. I don't mind that too much, but they practically control us.

They control the media and the press, and they decide what they want us to learn.

As a former member of the media (aka the press as they are the same thing), this is not true.

Perhaps Fox news gets its marching order from Murdoc's right wing board of directors, but the average media outlet has no political affiliation. They do capitalize on our inability to think beyond the two party system. They make tons of money off of pitting stupid people against idealists. Aka Republicans vs. Democrats.

Meanwhile, the realists on both sides of the aisle can't have discourse, because it's drowned out in a sea of derp.

I appreciate your insight, but don't you realize how biased the news stations are? Of course, Fox is right wing, but MSNBC is so liberal, and practically every other station besides Fox...

Is conservative. CNN has become so right-wing and intellectually vacuous, specifically to mimic the Fox model.

http://books.google.com...

It's hard to watch the news with such rampant liberal propaganda.

Reality has a liberal bias.

Of course, I like Fox, though. Haha.

I'm not surprised. You're ill informed on many issues.

Any response?

I think you've done a pretty good job illustrating my point.



Oh, I'm sorry I don't blindly follow liberal propaganda that's being shoved down ignorant people's throats in America.

Instead you choose blatant and unapologetic right-wing propaganda. You actively choose your propaganda, and you already admitted it IS propaganda. At least the rest of us aren't willing patsies.

I believe what I believe in, and I am informed.

Your posts offer a conflicting story.

I asked you for a response to learn more about press since you were previously involved, but not to receive a remark on my political and moral beliefs.

I am not remarking on your beliefs. I am remarking on your chosen source of news.

If liberals ran this nation, we would see aborted gay weed-smoking babies

And here we see your bigotry on display. This is what conservatives ACTUALLY BELIEVE.

and lazy ignorant children watching TV in their public schools, with parents living off welfare and the government.

Seriously. This is what you actually believe. The pure right-wing talking point. You are a perfect example of the average Fox news viewer. Too busy gobbling up what you WANT to believe to actually learn the truth.

Liberals have drove

Driven*, you ignorant twit. Staggeringly ignorant, considering you're ranting about what LIBRULS have done. You do realize the entire foreign policy situation we are in, is just a pile of broken glass shards left from the Bush administration, and decades of conservative governance.

and they'll drive it farther.
further*. Farther would be a good thing. Again, the irony of your inability to string a cohesive sentence together is quite amusing. Perhaps you should choose more educated news sources.

Unfortunately, so many younger children and teenagers are liberal.

They have seen what conservationism does to a nation. They see the bigotry you have displayed toward liberals, and they reject it.

All uninformed, and believing that propaganda because all they care about is minorities (like gays) being happy.

As opposed to conservatives, who want to gays to suffer because it makes them feel better about their sad lives and unhappy marriages.

Why do you NOT want minorities to be happy? You're basically just proving all of the points I have made concerning the downfall of conservationism. You have displayed intolerance toward minorities and liberals, and not once have you actually given a policy reason, just rhetoric and hate.

Your last line was quite ignorant in and of itself, but hey, what would a liberal be without logical fallacies and hypocrisy.

Again, you use a blanket stereotype about "all liberals", which you notice I never do toward your ilk.

When you're old enough to argue without reverting to Hannity's talking points, then we can have a debate on whatever issue you feel like.
Shadow-Dragon
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 10:36:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 10:15:46 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/3/2014 10:04:43 AM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:57:46 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:55:14 AM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:52:55 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:37:49 AM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
Well, interesting wording.
Don't get me wrong, I support the right to bear arms, but the government controls us, in case you don't realize. I don't mind that too much, but they practically control us.

They control the media and the press, and they decide what they want us to learn.

As a former member of the media (aka the press as they are the same thing), this is not true.

Perhaps Fox news gets its marching order from Murdoc's right wing board of directors, but the average media outlet has no political affiliation. They do capitalize on our inability to think beyond the two party system. They make tons of money off of pitting stupid people against idealists. Aka Republicans vs. Democrats.

Meanwhile, the realists on both sides of the aisle can't have discourse, because it's drowned out in a sea of derp.

I appreciate your insight, but don't you realize how biased the news stations are? Of course, Fox is right wing, but MSNBC is so liberal, and practically every other station besides Fox...

Is conservative. CNN has become so right-wing and intellectually vacuous, specifically to mimic the Fox model.

http://books.google.com...

It's hard to watch the news with such rampant liberal propaganda.

Reality has a liberal bias.

Of course, I like Fox, though. Haha.

I'm not surprised. You're ill informed on many issues.

Any response?

I think you've done a pretty good job illustrating my point.



Oh, I'm sorry I don't blindly follow liberal propaganda that's being shoved down ignorant people's throats in America.

Instead you choose blatant and unapologetic right-wing propaganda. You actively choose your propaganda, and you already admitted it IS propaganda. At least the rest of us aren't willing patsies.

I believe what I believe in, and I am informed.

Your posts offer a conflicting story.


I asked you for a response to learn more about press since you were previously involved, but not to receive a remark on my political and moral beliefs.

I am not remarking on your beliefs. I am remarking on your chosen source of news.

If liberals ran this nation, we would see aborted gay weed-smoking babies

And here we see your bigotry on display. This is what conservatives ACTUALLY BELIEVE.

and lazy ignorant children watching TV in their public schools, with parents living off welfare and the government.

Seriously. This is what you actually believe. The pure right-wing talking point. You are a perfect example of the average Fox news viewer. Too busy gobbling up what you WANT to believe to actually learn the truth.

Liberals have drove

Driven*, you ignorant twit. Staggeringly ignorant, considering you're ranting about what LIBRULS have done. You do realize the entire foreign policy situation we are in, is just a pile of broken glass shards left from the Bush administration, and decades of conservative governance.


and they'll drive it farther.
further*. Farther would be a good thing. Again, the irony of your inability to string a cohesive sentence together is quite amusing. Perhaps you should choose more educated news sources.

Unfortunately, so many younger children and teenagers are liberal.

They have seen what conservationism does to a nation. They see the bigotry you have displayed toward liberals, and they reject it.

All uninformed, and believing that propaganda because all they care about is minorities (like gays) being happy.

As opposed to conservatives, who want to gays to suffer because it makes them feel better about their sad lives and unhappy marriages.

Why do you NOT want minorities to be happy? You're basically just proving all of the points I have made concerning the downfall of conservationism. You have displayed intolerance toward minorities and liberals, and not once have you actually given a policy reason, just rhetoric and hate.

Your last line was quite ignorant in and of itself, but hey, what would a liberal be without logical fallacies and hypocrisy.

Again, you use a blanket stereotype about "all liberals", which you notice I never do toward your ilk.

When you're old enough to argue without reverting to Hannity's talking points, then we can have a debate on whatever issue you feel like.

This nation is a battleground of competition. Every man for himself. If people cannot make it in this nation, it is not our place to be trying to 'give everyone a chance'. Obama and his administration are too busy trying to help other nations, they don't realize all the problems we have within our own. Before you support spending millions of dollars helping some Japanese Tsunami relief, go to NYC or Detroit and take a look around you.
See? I support helping others, but other people in our own nation. Not some third world country somewhere else. That's none of our business
To continue, the same crap is brought up in schools: "No child left behind". They're too busy trying to teach idiot children, and not enough time is spent improving the minds of the intelligent. Liberals support public schools and common-core education. Do they want a nation of retards?

Look at the damage democrats have caused this nation before you go and support the liberals, which, I admit, seems appealing to the lesser-informed.
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 11:03:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 9:29:56 AM, Osiris_Rosenthorne wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:18:11 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:08:03 AM, Osiris_Rosenthorne wrote:
At 9/3/2014 8:56:47 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/3/2014 8:30:07 AM, Osiris_Rosenthorne wrote:
At 9/3/2014 5:44:01 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Second Amendment was written for one reason, and one reason only. Actually, you can argue that there were two reasons. But the main reason was so that Americans could protect themselves, if our government ever tried to control us. This is clearly demonstrated by the writings of our founding fathers. We had just thrown of the oppressive yoke of Great Britain, and we vowed that it would never have to happen again. This is the reason we want to keep our guns. I believe that most people, who want to take our guns away, are the very people who would like to control us. I have one thing to say to such individuals. Four words. MY COLD DEAD FINGERS! You'll get my gun when you can pry it from them. And I'll take as many of you with me as I can.

Don't worry, we'll just carpet bomb you, and then you'll have no fingers for us to pry your little puny AR15 from.

I'd really love to give you credit for having some intelligence, but you're making it extremely difficult.

If you want an intelligent response, give me something intelligent to respond to. The whole, I'll be able to stop the whole US army if it falls to a tyrant with my AR-15 and a six pack of beer doesn't merit an intelligent response.

Your reading comprehension needs a little work. My point was that I, and others, would defend our freedom to the death. That people who would try to deny us that right are in for a fight. I'm only one person, but there are millions of patriots that own firearms and think as I do. Tyrants beware.

Lol, you think any tyrant would be afraid of you? Plus, you don't need guns to defend stupidity to the death, it works as good either way.

The only reason we don't have a tyrant right now, is because we still have our guns. You're an idiot, if you think otherwise.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 11:27:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 5:44:01 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Second Amendment was written for one reason, and one reason only. Actually, you can argue that there were two reasons. But the main reason was so that Americans could protect themselves, if our government ever tried to control us. This is clearly demonstrated by the writings of our founding fathers. We had just thrown of the oppressive yoke of Great Britain, and we vowed that it would never have to happen again. This is the reason we want to keep our guns. I believe that most people, who want to take our guns away, are the very people who would like to control us. I have one thing to say to such individuals. Four words. MY COLD DEAD FINGERS! You'll get my gun when you can pry it from them. And I'll take as many of you with me as I can.

I agree. What certain politicians like Gov. Cuomo do not understand is that the 2nd Amendment is not for hunting rifles and 3 shot personal defense weapons for the NY subway but rather for protection against the government yes.

People may think its paranoid but it would be much harder to control a hostile population if they were allowed to each keep one more more weapons than if they were disarmed. As much as people do not want to admit it firearms are an extremely legitimate form of power, one that should remain with the people. If push comes to shove the 2nd Amendment should keep that great power in the hands of the people where it firmly belongs.
The_Immortal_Emris
Posts: 474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 11:49:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Well, interesting wording.
Don't get me wrong, I support the right to bear arms, but the government controls us, in case you don't realize. I don't mind that too much, but they practically control us.

They control the media and the press, and they decide what they want us to learn.

As a former member of the media (aka the press as they are the same thing), this is not true.

Perhaps Fox news gets its marching order from Murdoc's right wing board of directors, but the average media outlet has no political affiliation. They do capitalize on our inability to think beyond the two party system. They make tons of money off of pitting stupid people against idealists. Aka Republicans vs. Democrats.

Meanwhile, the realists on both sides of the aisle can't have discourse, because it's drowned out in a sea of derp.

I appreciate your insight, but don't you realize how biased the news stations are? Of course, Fox is right wing, but MSNBC is so liberal, and practically every other station besides Fox...

Is conservative. CNN has become so right-wing and intellectually vacuous, specifically to mimic the Fox model.

http://books.google.com...

It's hard to watch the news with such rampant liberal propaganda.

Reality has a liberal bias.

Of course, I like Fox, though. Haha.

I'm not surprised. You're ill informed on many issues.

Any response?

I think you've done a pretty good job illustrating my point.



Oh, I'm sorry I don't blindly follow liberal propaganda that's being shoved down ignorant people's throats in America.

Instead you choose blatant and unapologetic right-wing propaganda. You actively choose your propaganda, and you already admitted it IS propaganda. At least the rest of us aren't willing patsies.

I believe what I believe in, and I am informed.

Your posts offer a conflicting story.


I asked you for a response to learn more about press since you were previously involved, but not to receive a remark on my political and moral beliefs.

I am not remarking on your beliefs. I am remarking on your chosen source of news.

If liberals ran this nation, we would see aborted gay weed-smoking babies

And here we see your bigotry on display. This is what conservatives ACTUALLY BELIEVE.

and lazy ignorant children watching TV in their public schools, with parents living off welfare and the government.

Seriously. This is what you actually believe. The pure right-wing talking point. You are a perfect example of the average Fox news viewer. Too busy gobbling up what you WANT to believe to actually learn the truth.

Liberals have drove

Driven*, you ignorant twit. Staggeringly ignorant, considering you're ranting about what LIBRULS have done. You do realize the entire foreign policy situation we are in, is just a pile of broken glass shards left from the Bush administration, and decades of conservative governance.


and they'll drive it farther.
further*. Farther would be a good thing. Again, the irony of your inability to string a cohesive sentence together is quite amusing. Perhaps you should choose more educated news sources.

Unfortunately, so many younger children and teenagers are liberal.

They have seen what conservationism does to a nation. They see the bigotry you have displayed toward liberals, and they reject it.

All uninformed, and believing that propaganda because all they care about is minorities (like gays) being happy.

As opposed to conservatives, who want to gays to suffer because it makes them feel better about their sad lives and unhappy marriages.

Why do you NOT want minorities to be happy? You're basically just proving all of the points I have made concerning the downfall of conservationism. You have displayed intolerance toward minorities and liberals, and not once have you actually given a policy reason, just rhetoric and hate.

Your last line was quite ignorant in and of itself, but hey, what would a liberal be without logical fallacies and hypocrisy.

Again, you use a blanket stereotype about "all liberals", which you notice I never do toward your ilk.

When you're old enough to argue without reverting to Hannity's talking points, then we can have a debate on whatever issue you feel like.

This nation is a battleground of competition. Every man for himself.

That is not very Christian, nor is it the foundation of our nation.

If people cannot make it in this nation, it is not our place to be trying to 'give everyone a chance'.

Yes it is. It's called a social contract, and it is something governments make with the people. We live in a nation built upon social contracts. To deny this is to live in ignorance of our history.

Obama and his administration are too busy trying to help other nations, they don't realize all the problems we have within our own.

This is not accurate. If anything Obama's policies have been strongly domestic in focus. His premier legislation has been entirely domestically focused. His trade legislation and agenda has been entirely domestically focused. Our tax breaks have been engineered to produce a domestic focus on green, sustainable energy. If anything, Obama has not been as active in the concerns of the rest of the world, unlike his predecessor.

Before you support spending millions of dollars helping some Japanese Tsunami relief, go to NYC or Detroit and take a look around you.

You belie your ignorance. Do you not realize how much the American economy hinges on our foreign partners in the EU and Japan? Japan has one of the largest economies for a nation of its size, and it is vitally important that we help them maintain it.

See? I support helping others, but other people in our own nation.

But you lack the real-world knowledge of just how vital foreign commerce is. You also fail to realize how those efforts reflect positively on our nation, which in past years has seen it's reputation dissolve.

Not some third world country somewhere else.

Japan is not a third world country. They are our staunch ally off the coast of China.

That's none of our business

Not according to every President since Truman.

To continue, the same crap is brought up in schools: "No child left behind". They're too busy trying to teach idiot children, and not enough time is spent improving the minds of the intelligent.

Bush-era laws are bad. I know this.

Liberals support public schools and common-core education.

Again, ignorance. Common core is just a set of standards which STATES SET. It is not a mandated methodology, nor is it federally controlled. It is simply a set of STANDARDS, to help state education boards vote on methodologies.

If you have an issue with common core, your state is poorly implementing the standards.

Do they want a nation of retards?

The GOP already has one.

Look at the damage democrats have caused this nation before you go and support the liberals, which, I admit, seems appealing to the lesser-informed.

Yeah, trickle down economics, oh wait. that was the GOP.

Iran contra- Oh wait, that was the GOP.

Afghanistan - oh wait, Republicans again.

Wall street deregulation, again, GOP.

Lowering corporate tax
Osiris_Rosenthorne
Posts: 82
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 11:51:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 11:03:06 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:29:56 AM, Osiris_Rosenthorne wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:18:11 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:08:03 AM, Osiris_Rosenthorne wrote:
At 9/3/2014 8:56:47 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/3/2014 8:30:07 AM, Osiris_Rosenthorne wrote:
At 9/3/2014 5:44:01 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Second Amendment was written for one reason, and one reason only. Actually, you can argue that there were two reasons. But the main reason was so that Americans could protect themselves, if our government ever tried to control us. This is clearly demonstrated by the writings of our founding fathers. We had just thrown of the oppressive yoke of Great Britain, and we vowed that it would never have to happen again. This is the reason we want to keep our guns. I believe that most people, who want to take our guns away, are the very people who would like to control us. I have one thing to say to such individuals. Four words. MY COLD DEAD FINGERS! You'll get my gun when you can pry it from them. And I'll take as many of you with me as I can.

Don't worry, we'll just carpet bomb you, and then you'll have no fingers for us to pry your little puny AR15 from.

I'd really love to give you credit for having some intelligence, but you're making it extremely difficult.

If you want an intelligent response, give me something intelligent to respond to. The whole, I'll be able to stop the whole US army if it falls to a tyrant with my AR-15 and a six pack of beer doesn't merit an intelligent response.

Your reading comprehension needs a little work. My point was that I, and others, would defend our freedom to the death. That people who would try to deny us that right are in for a fight. I'm only one person, but there are millions of patriots that own firearms and think as I do. Tyrants beware.

Lol, you think any tyrant would be afraid of you? Plus, you don't need guns to defend stupidity to the death, it works as good either way.

The only reason we don't have a tyrant right now, is because we still have our guns. You're an idiot, if you think otherwise.

Lol, keep deluding yourself if it helps you sleep at night, plus, it gives me something to laugh at. America and it's silly citizens.
I probably hate everything you stand for - and on.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 12:08:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 5:44:01 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Second Amendment was written for one reason, and one reason only. Actually, you can argue that there were two reasons. But the main reason was so that Americans could protect themselves, if our government ever tried to control us. This is clearly demonstrated by the writings of our founding fathers. We had just thrown of the oppressive yoke of Great Britain, and we vowed that it would never have to happen again. This is the reason we want to keep our guns. I believe that most people, who want to take our guns away, are the very people who would like to control us. I have one thing to say to such individuals. Four words. MY COLD DEAD FINGERS! You'll get my gun when you can pry it from them. And I'll take as many of you with me as I can.

This is somewhat of an oversimplification. The 2nd Amendment was not borne in a vacuum, nor was it a result of simply the American Revolution. The right to bear arms (specifically as a restriction upon the government's ability to explicitly disarm people) had been codified in various laws for century. Given that we took many of our laws from the English, it stands to reason that this was a natural inheritance.

Even ignoring that, there are a multitude of reasons for preserving this right: individual personal self-defense; defense against tyrannical government; defense against invasion; defense against rebellion; facilitating the ability to participate in law enforcement or the military. If any of these was deemed "most" important, that is in dispute. For example, the Pennsylvania Constitution once placed emphasis on personal self defense, and defense of the state (not from it).

It is also fallacious to suggest that anything in the Constitution was written for a single thing or agreed upon by our Founding Fathers. Even before the Constitution, they were split on how to do things (Federalists vs. Antifederalists) and much of what ended up in the Constitution was either negotiated in, or allowed in as a result of some sort of tit-for-tat bargaining.

Ultimately, the right is there because it is a right people have been granted since antiquity and the right of people to defend themselves is one that is hard to dispute. However, if it was ever a reason that it was there to preserve our ability to defend against the government, it has long since been obsolete. The sheer asymmetry between the arms of the average citizen (pistols, shotguns, and rifles) and the military (F-35s, B-52s, and tanks) makes the idea of a successful armed rebellion but by purely academic.
Osiris_Rosenthorne
Posts: 82
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 12:14:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 9:52:55 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:37:49 AM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
Well, interesting wording.
Don't get me wrong, I support the right to bear arms, but the government controls us, in case you don't realize. I don't mind that too much, but they practically control us.

They control the media and the press, and they decide what they want us to learn.

As a former member of the media (aka the press as they are the same thing), this is not true.

Perhaps Fox news gets its marching order from Murdoc's right wing board of directors, but the average media outlet has no political affiliation. They do capitalize on our inability to think beyond the two party system. They make tons of money off of pitting stupid people against idealists. Aka Republicans vs. Democrats.

Meanwhile, the realists on both sides of the aisle can't have discourse, because it's drowned out in a sea of derp.

I've never understood why people want fair and balanced journalism. Why should journalists be fair towards something that is wrong and have balance between them? More to the point, I don't understand why 'news' channels have two 'experts' on and let them talk to each other, without ever actually having the host or anchor or journalist who's meant to be 'reporting' actually putting pressure on them. The last I checked, the media was meant to inform the public discourse and hold power to account. Not have two bit debate show where everyone talks a whole lot of nothing and pats each other on the back when it's all done. I'm thinking of jon stewert on crossfire while I say this.
I probably hate everything you stand for - and on.
The_Immortal_Emris
Posts: 474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 12:17:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 12:14:19 PM, Osiris_Rosenthorne wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:52:55 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:37:49 AM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
Well, interesting wording.
Don't get me wrong, I support the right to bear arms, but the government controls us, in case you don't realize. I don't mind that too much, but they practically control us.

They control the media and the press, and they decide what they want us to learn.

As a former member of the media (aka the press as they are the same thing), this is not true.

Perhaps Fox news gets its marching order from Murdoc's right wing board of directors, but the average media outlet has no political affiliation. They do capitalize on our inability to think beyond the two party system. They make tons of money off of pitting stupid people against idealists. Aka Republicans vs. Democrats.

Meanwhile, the realists on both sides of the aisle can't have discourse, because it's drowned out in a sea of derp.

I've never understood why people want fair and balanced journalism. Why should journalists be fair towards something that is wrong and have balance between them? More to the point, I don't understand why 'news' channels have two 'experts' on and let them talk to each other, without ever actually having the host or anchor or journalist who's meant to be 'reporting' actually putting pressure on them. The last I checked, the media was meant to inform the public discourse and hold power to account. Not have two bit debate show where everyone talks a whole lot of nothing and pats each other on the back when it's all done. I'm thinking of jon stewert on crossfire while I say this.

That interview changed journalism.

Stewart is changing the game, and I love him for it.
Osiris_Rosenthorne
Posts: 82
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 12:27:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 12:17:36 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/3/2014 12:14:19 PM, Osiris_Rosenthorne wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:52:55 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:37:49 AM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
Well, interesting wording.
Don't get me wrong, I support the right to bear arms, but the government controls us, in case you don't realize. I don't mind that too much, but they practically control us.

They control the media and the press, and they decide what they want us to learn.

As a former member of the media (aka the press as they are the same thing), this is not true.

Perhaps Fox news gets its marching order from Murdoc's right wing board of directors, but the average media outlet has no political affiliation. They do capitalize on our inability to think beyond the two party system. They make tons of money off of pitting stupid people against idealists. Aka Republicans vs. Democrats.

Meanwhile, the realists on both sides of the aisle can't have discourse, because it's drowned out in a sea of derp.

I've never understood why people want fair and balanced journalism. Why should journalists be fair towards something that is wrong and have balance between them? More to the point, I don't understand why 'news' channels have two 'experts' on and let them talk to each other, without ever actually having the host or anchor or journalist who's meant to be 'reporting' actually putting pressure on them. The last I checked, the media was meant to inform the public discourse and hold power to account. Not have two bit debate show where everyone talks a whole lot of nothing and pats each other on the back when it's all done. I'm thinking of jon stewert on crossfire while I say this.

That interview changed journalism.

Stewart is changing the game, and I love him for it.

Yeah, I'm not saying the daily show is what a news programme should be like, either btw, but when a news channel effectively just let's a bunch of people talk to each other, they're not doing their job. They're not meant to facilitate the public discourse, I mean, these people are going to talk already, they're meant to challenge what every side is saying, and when they only present one version, it's even worse. An even bigger problem I have is that they let the narrative be controlled.
It's always either a "republican(right wing)" or "democrat(left wing)" guests on the talk shows, how does that inform the public discourse? We already know, or at least, always hear, their views. Where's the Libertarian party, or other parties, or view points? Is what I wonder. I'm not a libertarian, btw, I just don't know what other parties are in America, so that's why I mentioned it. Nor do they let the public actually interrogate public office holders, and I'm thinking if BBC's questiontime when I say that.
I probably hate everything you stand for - and on.
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 2:43:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 9:57:46 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:55:14 AM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:52:55 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:37:49 AM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
Well, interesting wording.
Don't get me wrong, I support the right to bear arms, but the government controls us, in case you don't realize. I don't mind that too much, but they practically control us.

They control the media and the press, and they decide what they want us to learn.

As a former member of the media (aka the press as they are the same thing), this is not true.

Perhaps Fox news gets its marching order from Murdoc's right wing board of directors, but the average media outlet has no political affiliation. They do capitalize on our inability to think beyond the two party system. They make tons of money off of pitting stupid people against idealists. Aka Republicans vs. Democrats.

Meanwhile, the realists on both sides of the aisle can't have discourse, because it's drowned out in a sea of derp.

I appreciate your insight, but don't you realize how biased the news stations are? Of course, Fox is right wing, but MSNBC is so liberal, and practically every other station besides Fox...

Is conservative. CNN has become so right-wing and intellectually vacuous, specifically to mimic the Fox model.

http://books.google.com...

It's hard to watch the news with such rampant liberal propaganda.

Reality has a liberal bias.

Of course, I like Fox, though. Haha.

I'm not surprised. You're ill informed on many issues.

Any response?

I think you've done a pretty good job illustrating my point.

Do you regularly visit the "Being Liberal" Facebook page? I'm just curious.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 2:47:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 11:49:00 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:


They control the media and the press, and they decide what they want us to learn.



Perhaps Fox news gets its marching order from Murdoc's right wing board of directors, but the average media outlet has no political affiliation. They do capitalize on our inability to think beyond the two party system. They make tons of money off of pitting stupid people against idealists. Aka Republicans vs. Democrats.

Meanwhile, the realists on both sides of the aisle can't have discourse, because it's drowned out in a sea of derp.

I appreciate your insight, but don't you realize how biased the news stations are? Of course, Fox is right wing, but MSNBC is so liberal, and practically every other station besides Fox...

Is conservative. CNN has become so right-wing and intellectually vacuous, specifically to mimic the Fox model.

http://books.google.com...

It's hard to watch the news with such rampant liberal propaganda.

Reality has a liberal bias.

Of course, I like Fox, though. Haha.

I'm not surprised. You're ill informed on many issues.

Any response?

I think you've done a pretty good job illustrating my point.



Oh, I'm sorry I don't blindly follow liberal propaganda that's being shoved down ignorant people's throats in America.

Instead you choose blatant and unapologetic right-wing propaganda. You actively choose your propaganda, and you already admitted it IS propaganda. At least the rest of us aren't willing patsies.

I believe what I believe in, and I am informed.

Your posts offer a conflicting story.


I asked you for a response to learn more about press since you were previously involved, but not to receive a remark on my political and moral beliefs.

I am not remarking on your beliefs. I am remarking on your chosen source of news.

If liberals ran this nation, we would see aborted gay weed-smoking babies

And here we see your bigotry on display. This is what conservatives ACTUALLY BELIEVE.

and lazy ignorant children watching TV in their public schools, with parents living off welfare and the government.

Seriously. This is what you actually believe. The pure right-wing talking point. You are a perfect example of the average Fox news viewer. Too busy gobbling up what you WANT to believe to actually learn the truth.

Liberals have drove

Driven*, you ignorant twit. Staggeringly ignorant, considering you're ranting about what LIBRULS have done. You do realize the entire foreign policy situation we are in, is just a pile of broken glass shards left from the Bush administration, and decades of conservative governance.


and they'll drive it farther.
further*. Farther would be a good thing. Again, the irony of your inability to string a cohesive sentence together is quite amusing. Perhaps you should choose more educated news sources.

Unfortunately, so many younger children and teenagers are liberal.

They have seen what conservationism does to a nation. They see the bigotry you have displayed toward liberals, and they reject it.

All uninformed, and believing that propaganda because all they care about is minorities (like gays) being happy.

As opposed to conservatives, who want to gays to suffer because it makes them feel better about their sad lives and unhappy marriages.

Why do you NOT want minorities to be happy? You're basically just proving all of the points I have made concerning the downfall of conservationism. You have displayed intolerance toward minorities and liberals, and not once have you actually given a policy reason, just rhetoric and hate.

Your last line was quite ignorant in and of itself, but hey, what would a liberal be without logical fallacies and hypocrisy.

Again, you use a blanket stereotype about "all liberals", which you notice I never do toward your ilk.

When you're old enough to argue without reverting to Hannity's talking points, then we can have a debate on whatever issue you feel like.

This nation is a battleground of competition. Every man for himself.

That is not very Christian, nor is it the foundation of our nation.

If people cannot make it in this nation, it is not our place to be trying to 'give everyone a chance'.

Yes it is. It's called a social contract, and it is something governments make with the people. We live in a nation built upon social contracts. To deny this is to live in ignorance of our history.

Obama and his administration are too busy trying to help other nations, they don't realize all the problems we have within our own.

This is not accurate. If anything Obama's policies have been strongly domestic in focus. His premier legislation has been entirely domestically focused. His trade legislation and agenda has been entirely domestically focused. Our tax breaks have been engineered to produce a domestic focus on green, sustainable energy. If anything, Obama has not been as active in the concerns of the rest of the world, unlike his predecessor.

Before you support spending millions of dollars helping some Japanese Tsunami relief, go to NYC or Detroit and take a look around you.

You belie your ignorance. Do you not realize how much the American economy hinges on our foreign partners in the EU and Japan? Japan has one of the largest economies for a nation of its size, and it is vitally important that we help them maintain it.

See? I support helping others, but other people in our own nation.

But you lack the real-world knowledge of just how vital foreign commerce is. You also fail to realize how those efforts reflect positively on our nation, which in past years has seen it's reputation dissolve.

Not some third world country somewhere else.

Japan is not a third world country. They are our staunch ally off the coast of China.

That's none of our business

Not according to every President since Truman.

To continue, the same crap is brought up in schools: "No child left behind". They're too busy trying to teach idiot children, and not enough time is spent improving the minds of the intelligent.

Bush-era laws are bad. I know this.

Liberals support public schools and common-core education.

Again, ignorance. Common core is just a set of standards which STATES SET. It is not a mandated methodology, nor is it federally controlled. It is simply a set of STANDARDS, to help state education boards vote on methodologies.

If you have an issue with common core, your state is poorly implementing the standards.

Do they want a nation of retards?

The GOP already has one.

Look at the damage democrats have caused this nation before you go and support the liberals, which, I admit, seems appealing to the lesser-informed.

Yeah, trickle down economics, oh wait.

And trickle down economics are a failure..because you say so?
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 3:24:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The best solution would be to have a well organized civil defense force that operates separately from the government. Preferably, a force that can only act when the populace fears the government is missing their military force on its citizens. A reforming of the already existing national guard, or a man at arms program would suit America quite nicely. Having untrained civilians possessing high caliber rifles, rocket launchers, and flamethrowers is pointless.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 3:28:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 3:24:45 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
The best solution would be to have a well organized civil defense force that operates separately from the government. Preferably, a force that can only act when the populace fears the government is misusing their military force on its citizens. A reforming of the already existing national guard, or a man at arms program would suit America quite nicely. Having untrained civilians possessing high caliber rifles, rocket launchers, and flamethrowers is pointless.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
The_Immortal_Emris
Posts: 474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 3:51:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Yeah, trickle down economics, oh wait.

And trickle down economics is a failure because you say so?

I know you're young and not very well informed, but even you can see how badly trickle down has damaged our nation.

"The Reagan economy was a one-hit wonder. Yes, there was a boom in the mid-1980s, as the economy recovered from a severe recession. But while the rich got much richer, there was little sustained economic improvement for most Americans. By the late 1980s, middle-class incomes were barely higher than they had been a decade before " and the poverty rate had actually risen.

When the inevitable recession arrived, people felt betrayed " a sense of betrayal that Mr. Clinton was able to ride into the White House."

http://www.nytimes.com...

Because more educated people than you say so. And the facts say so. And reality.
The_Immortal_Emris
Posts: 474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 3:53:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 2:43:05 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:57:46 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:55:14 AM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:52:55 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:37:49 AM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
Well, interesting wording.
Don't get me wrong, I support the right to bear arms, but the government controls us, in case you don't realize. I don't mind that too much, but they practically control us.

They control the media and the press, and they decide what they want us to learn.

As a former member of the media (aka the press as they are the same thing), this is not true.

Perhaps Fox news gets its marching order from Murdoc's right wing board of directors, but the average media outlet has no political affiliation. They do capitalize on our inability to think beyond the two party system. They make tons of money off of pitting stupid people against idealists. Aka Republicans vs. Democrats.

Meanwhile, the realists on both sides of the aisle can't have discourse, because it's drowned out in a sea of derp.

I appreciate your insight, but don't you realize how biased the news stations are? Of course, Fox is right wing, but MSNBC is so liberal, and practically every other station besides Fox...

Is conservative. CNN has become so right-wing and intellectually vacuous, specifically to mimic the Fox model.

http://books.google.com...

It's hard to watch the news with such rampant liberal propaganda.

Reality has a liberal bias.

Of course, I like Fox, though. Haha.

I'm not surprised. You're ill informed on many issues.

Any response?

I think you've done a pretty good job illustrating my point.

Do you regularly visit the "Being Liberal" Facebook page? I'm just curious.

I don't facebook, except for my official pages affiliated with my non-profit.

But believe what you like, if it makes it easier for you to hate me and dismiss my facts and critiques. Cling to that dying ideology.
Osiris_Rosenthorne
Posts: 82
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 5:21:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 3:51:25 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
Yeah, trickle down economics, oh wait.

And trickle down economics is a failure because you say so?

I know you're young and not very well informed, but even you can see how badly trickle down has damaged our nation.

"The Reagan economy was a one-hit wonder. Yes, there was a boom in the mid-1980s, as the economy recovered from a severe recession. But while the rich got much richer, there was little sustained economic improvement for most Americans. By the late 1980s, middle-class incomes were barely higher than they had been a decade before " and the poverty rate had actually risen.

When the inevitable recession arrived, people felt betrayed " a sense of betrayal that Mr. Clinton was able to ride into the White House."

http://www.nytimes.com...

Because more educated people than you say so. And the facts say so. And reality.

And because he trebled the national debt, with that spending acting as a stimulus, if I recall my American history module correctly.
I probably hate everything you stand for - and on.
jnedwards11
Posts: 351
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 10:06:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/3/2014 3:53:16 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/3/2014 2:43:05 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:57:46 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:55:14 AM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:52:55 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/3/2014 9:37:49 AM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
Well, interesting wording.
Don't get me wrong, I support the right to bear arms, but the government controls us, in case you don't realize. I don't mind that too much, but they practically control us.

They control the media and the press, and they decide what they want us to learn.

As a former member of the media (aka the press as they are the same thing), this is not true.

Perhaps Fox news gets its marching order from Murdoc's right wing board of directors, but the average media outlet has no political affiliation. They do capitalize on our inability to think beyond the two party system. They make tons of money off of pitting stupid people against idealists. Aka Republicans vs. Democrats.

Meanwhile, the realists on both sides of the aisle can't have discourse, because it's drowned out in a sea of derp.

I appreciate your insight, but don't you realize how biased the news stations are? Of course, Fox is right wing, but MSNBC is so liberal, and practically every other station besides Fox...

Is conservative. CNN has become so right-wing and intellectually vacuous, specifically to mimic the Fox model.

http://books.google.com...

It's hard to watch the news with such rampant liberal propaganda.

Reality has a liberal bias.

Of course, I like Fox, though. Haha.

I'm not surprised. You're ill informed on many issues.

Any response?

I think you've done a pretty good job illustrating my point.

Do you regularly visit the "Being Liberal" Facebook page? I'm just curious.

I don't facebook, except for my official pages affiliated with my non-profit.

But believe what you like, if it makes it easier for you to hate me and dismiss my facts and critiques. Cling to that dying ideology.

"Easier for you to hate me".....what a joke. Why don't you play that victim card just a little bit harder while you crap all over the thoughts and opinions of anyone right of center. I read a book today, it's illustrated for us simple folk that still dare to think anything less than "progressively".......it's called "unicorn being a Jerk". If you ever pick it up, there is a page on politics that I think aptly depicts your station in life.

Crap on whoever you want, but stop playing the victim card, that is what makes it "easier to hate you"