Jump to topic:

Minimum Wage Debate Doesn't F*cking Matter

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 9:03:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
None of this will matter in 10 years. Robots and artificial intelligence will take over most of these low-skill jobs.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 9:04:17 PM
Increasing the minimum wage could put more research pressure on developing these AI systems, but they're inevitable nonetheless.
sdavio
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 9:51:51 PM
At 9/4/2014 9:03:35 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
None of this will matter in 10 years. Robots and artificial intelligence will take over most of these low-skill jobs.

I would care if I'm out on a job for 10 years..
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
apb4y
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 11:40:43 PM

It doesn't matter right now either, because nobody cares about the poor.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 11:12:04 AM
At 9/4/2014 9:04:17 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Increasing the minimum wage could put more research pressure on developing these AI systems, but they're inevitable nonetheless.

https://www.youtube.com...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 11:13:06 AM
At 9/4/2014 11:40:43 PM, apb4y wrote:

That's a great way to kick off a job interview by the way.

You don't care about the poor. Now pay me.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 5:21:24 PM
At 9/4/2014 9:51:51 PM, sdavio wrote:

I would care if I'm out on a job for 10 years..

None of this = the minimum wage debate

All the government can do is raise the minimum wage more, which will put more people out of jobs like it has here in Canada (longer lines is fvcking annoying btw) and create more research pressure for artificial intelligence systems that have already taken over in many areas: e.g. the food ordering system at Sheetz and the checkouts at dozens of grocery and convenient stores.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 5:44:18 PM

Is your emotional point that the minimum wage increase would be good for the poor? Research is pretty mixed on that.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 5:54:37 PM
Hey WSA, so uh....do we just let poor people become utterly redundant and starve while rich people have robots do everything, or what?
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 5:55:40 PM
At 9/5/2014 5:44:18 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

Is your emotional point that the minimum wage increase would be good for the poor? Research is pretty mixed on that.

Actually, he's just a cunt trying to justify himself by other human beings (and also tigers).
apb4y
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 6:08:23 PM
At 9/5/2014 11:13:06 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

I'm gonna try that. Thanks.

No. I couldn't give a fvck about minimum wage.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 8:56:10 PM
At 9/5/2014 6:08:23 PM, apb4y wrote:
At 9/5/2014 11:13:06 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

I'm gonna try that. Thanks.

No. I couldn't give a fvck about minimum wage.

Did you watch the video polar bear?
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2014 12:12:25 AM
At 9/5/2014 5:54:37 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Hey WSA, so uh....do we just let poor people become utterly redundant and starve while rich people have robots do everything, or what?

Interesting question. This whole AI thing is the only development that has made me question libertarianism, but I'll research more.

Some of my libertarian friends believe in minimum income for all. It may be necessary once the majority of jobs are taken by robots and artificial intelligence. However, having no job and having money handed to you will make you lose tremendous drive and purpose as a human being, you become spoiled and are rewarded for doing nothing. Is this the pinnacle of human civilization? Everyone doing nothing and having robots do everything for you?

Think if you never had to work ever. You had everything you'd ever want presented to you. What would you do?
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2014 8:08:07 AM
At 9/6/2014 12:12:25 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 9/5/2014 5:54:37 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Interesting question. This whole AI thing is the only development that has made me question libertarianism, but I'll research more.

Some of my libertarian friends believe in minimum income for all. It may be necessary once the majority of jobs are taken by robots and artificial intelligence. However, having no job and having money handed to you will make you lose tremendous drive and purpose as a human being, you become spoiled and are rewarded for doing nothing. Is this the pinnacle of human civilization? Everyone doing nothing and having robots do everything for you?

Think if you never had to work ever. You had everything you'd ever want presented to you. What would you do?

And that's an interesting questions too. Did you know, WSA, that toddlers do the goose step from pretty much the day they can? It's a horrifying thing to see, I guess - check out that Hell March video. And do you know why they do it? It's the same psychology exhibited in that 5 Monkeys experiment, basically they're falling in line lest they be crushed underfoot. And that's pretty much the entirety of human enterprise. Most people wont ever have any conception of their fellow man as anything else but a threat, or not, and so they fall in line lest they be crushed underfoot. You think that's necessary? And that's the hidden driver behind the Milgram experiment too by the way. And Victory gin, Victory cigarettes, Victory coffee - Orwell has it mapped for you dude: you're lost in ridiculousness. And, mind you, it's these awful dynamics through which NEETdom is born too - because there's a certain victory in being allowed do nothing and still not being crushed underfoot. Hey, I don't know. Maybe we'd all go mad if we didn't have something to be tremendously afraid of and to conquer by becoming part of it... And don't fool yourself, that's all it is. Read some Rand, the woman knew a god on Earth and so denied the one beyond. Hers was a brutal morality, the Hell March. I don't know.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2014 8:17:19 AM
I personally would be perfectly happy going swimming off my local pier with all the lads for the rest of my life anyway. Which I want to go do now for some strange reason. And I know the reason too, and it's still super f*cking strange.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2014 8:37:03 AM
Kids go camping, adults climb mountains - all of it is to conquer. Could we just do nothing and have nothing to conquer? I have no idea. I really don't. Still, when you realise everything is painted as such, it loses its sheen. And you can reconcile even the most minor things--camping, for example--with some of the most atrocious things. And you're left thinking that what humanity really wants is nothing but peace. The victory and fear cancel out and what's left? Nothing. Contentment, perhaps. And so give people peace. And no I'm not talking about killing them, but life is f*cking absurd! I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. Remember in 1984 Orwell paints that picture for us of the kid trying to burrow its way back into its mother on the boat? I get something like that when I go swimming, lol ... it's like the water just wraps around you, lighted green, and caresses you, and for half an instant everything is alright. Or when you're sitting outside in a really sunny day, perfectly warm and there's a nice breeze blowing across you too ... I guess I'm saying that there are just plenty in the way of little things to make everything seem alright, but then we get caught up in big bad things too and they spoil our little things for us. I don't know. F*ck, Dazed and Confused was a good movie. And Daffy Duck used be my symbol too, back when I was one of my school's vandalising graffiti artists - I see purpose in things like that, prophecy; it's annoying.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2014 8:40:49 AM
I am still really intelligent even if I am very prone to seeing ghosts. Don't forget that. And maybe they're real!
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2014 8:45:11 AM
I thought illegal immigrants were bad stealing our jobs...Robots are even worse. WE better build a wall around the robot factory so they cannot get in.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2014 8:59:31 AM
At 9/6/2014 8:40:49 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I am still really intelligent even if I am very prone to seeing ghosts. Don't forget that. And maybe they're real!

I was thinking about political persuasion recently what with my denying people the right to political opinions ... and uh ... well, it seems to me the greatest movements come by a sort of mass hypnosis, by the strength of one man's belief basically (Hitler, for example), and that words hardly matter... And it's like, all this coming of the messiah stuff, the next time the messiah comes he will be the son on man, etc. - there's a touch of absolute profundity (and maybe prophecy) in it... I mean, why are we waiting for a man to save us? And I think it's awareness of that dynamic, really, that has that bit in there (or maybe it's f*cking prophecy!) and it puts you thinking ... well, that that's where the big difference is made, really ... in real belief in oneself ... in belief in oneself so strong that it almost becomes something you can touch, something that cannot be denied ... and you're waiting for the day that becomes a part of who you are, or even someone else... You know, people put a lot of faith in nothingness, evolution, etc., but there are some amazing things at work in people and animals - just in consciousness... And Warhammer makes use of that dynamic in its stories, by the way. And Skyfall to a lesser degree. And it's like, come the f*ck on already, I want to go swimming! And you go down to the pier and there's Jesus practising his water walking skills and it's like *facepalm*
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2014 9:04:19 AM
I'm going to request sadolite's DDO friendship and I am going to believe he will accept it. This is it guys.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2014 9:08:07 AM
At 9/6/2014 9:04:19 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I'm going to request sadolite's DDO friendship and I am going to believe he will accept it. This is it guys.

Nope.