Chad Taylor Stepping Down.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 9:06:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Chad Taylor"s Dropout
It is 2014, and that means it is time for midterm elections. The Kansas Senate elections were between the incumbent Republican Pat Roberts, Independent Greg Orman, and Democrat Chad Taylor. In a recent turn of events Taylor dropped out in the midst of the year where the Democrats were projected to lose control of the Senate.
This past Wednesday, Democrat Chad Taylor of Topeka, dropped out of the Senate race against Pat Roberts. This is just shortly after Taylor had been contacted from the Democrats in DC and told him to not run against Roberts and to leave it up to Orman. This is huge considering that the Republican Party is Projected to retake 5 seats in the Senate this year and now the Democrats are taking one of their own candidates out of the race. Why this one is may ask? This is because of recent polls and a poll as recent as September 5th, has revealed that Orman vs. Roberts would lead to an Independent victory over Roberts by 10% Popular Vote. Taylor has also yet to officially announce why he has resigned though. This could be a ploy by the Democrats, though. The Democrats have a chance of uprooting a long time Republican in a no doubt about it Republican state. Kansas would then become a swing state as the Independent would determine how the state votes and this would be who both parties would try to appease in order to get a vote on a bill. The Independents, currently, only have 2 Senate seats, but this would add to equation and Orman"s history can easily see that he might side more Democrat than Republican. Orman originally registered as a Republican, but 15 years ago Orman swapped his Party for the Democrat Party. In 2008, Orman ran for Senate as a Democrat, but since then has switched to being an Independent. Conservatives view Orman as a Democrat while some Democrats view him as a Moderate Republican. Orman even attracted some attention from the GOP as he was endorsed by a group of Republicans witch split the party; playing right into the Democrats plans to unseat Roberts. Kris Kobach, Kansas Secretary of State, has announce on Thursday that Taylor had not filled out his paper work properly by the deadline and must continue to run against Roberts and Orman. Kobach is a Republican and some question whether or not he is doing this to get Roberts in, because with Taylor the projections spotted a Roberts victory at an 11.5% Popular Vote victory over both Orman and Taylor. Kobach came out and made a public announcement stating, "This has nothing to do with the party, the law is the law."
In conclusion, one can see that the Kansas Senate election this Midterm will be that of a wild one with Taylor attempting to drop out leaving an Independent trying to defeat the longtime Republican Senator Pat Roberts.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 10:38:04 PM
What are your thoughts?

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2014 10:53:41 AM
bump