Total Posts:296|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Health Care Reform Bill

Freeman
Posts: 1,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 3:47:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
t minus 30 hours until the health care reform bill is passed http://www.miamiherald.com...
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 3:59:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 3:54:08 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Get out of here Irish guy. Your kind isn't wanted 'round these parts.
Freeman
Posts: 1,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:00:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 3:49:30 PM, Nags wrote:
Boooooooooooooooooo.

Why are you upset? According to the Congressional Budget Office, the bill is going to end up reducing the federal deficit by over 1 trillion dollars over the next two decades.

http://www.kktv.com...
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:03:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 3:59:43 PM, Nags wrote:
At 3/20/2010 3:54:08 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa


Get out of here Irish guy. Your kind isn't wanted 'round these parts.

Oh sorry, me and the Irish diaspora will just leave now.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:04:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 4:00:33 PM, Freeman wrote:
Why are you upset? According to the Congressional Budget Office, the bill is going to end up reducing the federal deficit by over 1 trillion dollars over the next two decades.

Lol. Right. Just like Medicare was only going to cost $12 billion from 1965 to 1990. The CBO couldn't predict a budget for a trip to the grocery store, nevermind a health care bill.
Freeman
Posts: 1,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:08:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 4:04:01 PM, Nags wrote:
At 3/20/2010 4:00:33 PM, Freeman wrote:
Why are you upset? According to the Congressional Budget Office, the bill is going to end up reducing the federal deficit by over 1 trillion dollars over the next two decades.

Lol. Right. Just like Medicare was only going to cost $12 billion from 1965 to 1990. The CBO couldn't predict a budget for a trip to the grocery store, nevermind a health care bill.

Do you have evidence to substantiate these claims?
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
Freeman
Posts: 1,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:11:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 4:04:01 PM, Nags wrote:
At 3/20/2010 4:00:33 PM, Freeman wrote:
Why are you upset? According to the Congressional Budget Office, the bill is going to end up reducing the federal deficit by over 1 trillion dollars over the next two decades.

Lol. Right. Just like Medicare was only going to cost $12 billion from 1965 to 1990. The CBO couldn't predict a budget for a trip to the grocery store, nevermind a health care bill.

Secondly, your state already has a form of universal health care.

Why do you want to kick away the ladder from the rest of America?
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
Scott_Mann
Posts: 278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:14:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Kiss your sweetheart goodbye, Boehner. Your romance with the insurance companies is coming to an end. :c
The more posts you have, the less value they contain.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:15:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 4:11:22 PM, Freeman wrote:
Secondly, your state already has a form of universal health care.

It sucks.
http://www.cato.org...
http://www.cato.org...

Why do you want to kick away the ladder from the rest of America?

More like give the the rest of an Americans a ladder to climb on, but then push the top of the ladder over.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:16:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 4:14:38 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
Kiss your sweetheart goodbye, Boehner. Your romance with the insurance companies is coming to an end. :c

The insurance companies love this bill. Why do you think healthcare insurance stocks have risen by 30% since Obama took office?
Freeman
Posts: 1,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:17:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 4:09:00 PM, Nags wrote:
At 3/20/2010 4:08:27 PM, Freeman wrote:
Do you have evidence to substantiate these claims?

http://caivn.org...

The opinion in that article represents a hasty generalization.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:21:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 4:17:10 PM, Freeman wrote:
The opinion in that article represents a hasty generalization.

Lol. How so? The article covered the two largest entitlements in the United States and both of the most recent wars. You're more than welcome to provide statistics showing where CBO is correct. If CBO is wrong on the only two major health programs by the government (Medicare, Medicaid) by a lot, I see no reason why they would be right this time.
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:22:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 4:17:10 PM, Freeman wrote:
At 3/20/2010 4:09:00 PM, Nags wrote:
At 3/20/2010 4:08:27 PM, Freeman wrote:
Do you have evidence to substantiate these claims?

http://caivn.org...

The opinion in that article represents a hasty generalization.

meh. its not like they say the bill will definitely go over-budget. it a prediction. time will tell if it is correct.

do you think all predictions based on historical precedent are fallicious?
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Scott_Mann
Posts: 278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:23:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 4:16:20 PM, Nags wrote:
At 3/20/2010 4:14:38 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
Kiss your sweetheart goodbye, Boehner. Your romance with the insurance companies is coming to an end. :c

The insurance companies love this bill. Why do you think healthcare insurance stocks have risen by 30% since Obama took office?

Teabaggers, probably. And some sources to go with that claim would be nice.

Regardless, their stocks will go down soon enough when the public option is voted on and comes into effect.
The more posts you have, the less value they contain.
Freeman
Posts: 1,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:24:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 4:16:20 PM, Nags wrote:
At 3/20/2010 4:14:38 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
Kiss your sweetheart goodbye, Boehner. Your romance with the insurance companies is coming to an end. :c

The insurance companies love this bill. Why do you think healthcare insurance stocks have risen by 30% since Obama took office?

They did not like the original version of the Bill that had a public option. Secondly, even if health insurance companies liked the bill that would not demonstrate that it was bad. http://www.fallacyfiles.org...
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:26:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 4:23:09 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
At 3/20/2010 4:16:20 PM, Nags wrote:
At 3/20/2010 4:14:38 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
Kiss your sweetheart goodbye, Boehner. Your romance with the insurance companies is coming to an end. :c

The insurance companies love this bill. Why do you think healthcare insurance stocks have risen by 30% since Obama took office?

Teabaggers, probably. And some sources to go with that claim would be nice.

Regardless, their stocks will go down soon enough when the public option is voted on and comes into effect.

You know the current plan doesn't have a public option, right? Insurance companies are willing to trade reduced profits on the customers they already have in exchange for a mandate forcing millions of others to cough up or go to jail.
Freeman
Posts: 1,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:27:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 4:22:33 PM, belle wrote:
At 3/20/2010 4:17:10 PM, Freeman wrote:
At 3/20/2010 4:09:00 PM, Nags wrote:
At 3/20/2010 4:08:27 PM, Freeman wrote:
Do you have evidence to substantiate these claims?

http://caivn.org...

The opinion in that article represents a hasty generalization.

meh. its not like they say the bill will definitely go over-budget. it a prediction. time will tell if it is correct.

do you think all predictions based on historical precedent are fallicious?

No

I do, however, know that the CBO makes thousands of estimates. To single out a few of them as inaccurate in an attempt to discredit them generally seems to be intellectually dishonest.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:27:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 4:24:14 PM, Freeman wrote:
They did not like the original version of the Bill that had a public option. Secondly, even if health insurance companies liked the bill that would not demonstrate that it was bad. http://www.fallacyfiles.org...

If your goal by passing the bill is to punish the evil insurance companies, then yeah, I would call that tremendous failure.
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:27:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 4:24:14 PM, Freeman wrote:
At 3/20/2010 4:16:20 PM, Nags wrote:
At 3/20/2010 4:14:38 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
Kiss your sweetheart goodbye, Boehner. Your romance with the insurance companies is coming to an end. :c

The insurance companies love this bill. Why do you think healthcare insurance stocks have risen by 30% since Obama took office?

They did not like the original version of the Bill that had a public option. Secondly, even if health insurance companies liked the bill that would not demonstrate that it was bad. http://www.fallacyfiles.org...

please. he's not arguing that; he's arguing that the bill is no reason for Boehner's love affair with the insurance companies to end. do you just call fallacies without even reading what is written? lol
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:28:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 4:23:09 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
Teabaggers, probably.

What?

And some sources to go with that claim would be nice.

From firedoglake, which is liberal.
http://static1.firedoglake.com...

Regardless, their stocks will go down soon enough when the public option is voted on and comes into effect.

Nope. They wouldn't continue to increase, as they are right now.
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:29:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 4:27:26 PM, Freeman wrote:
I do, however, know that the CBO makes thousands of estimates. To single out a few of them as inaccurate in an attempt to discredit them generally seems to be intellectually dishonest.

They are some of the biggest and most important projections they have ever made and they effed it up royally. Try to find an accurate CBO prediction on a similar scale and see what you come up with.
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:29:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 4:27:26 PM, Freeman wrote:
At 3/20/2010 4:22:33 PM, belle wrote:
At 3/20/2010 4:17:10 PM, Freeman wrote:
At 3/20/2010 4:09:00 PM, Nags wrote:
At 3/20/2010 4:08:27 PM, Freeman wrote:
Do you have evidence to substantiate these claims?

http://caivn.org...

The opinion in that article represents a hasty generalization.

meh. its not like they say the bill will definitely go over-budget. it a prediction. time will tell if it is correct.

do you think all predictions based on historical precedent are fallicious?

No

I do, however, know that the CBO makes thousands of estimates. To single out a few of them as inaccurate in an attempt to discredit them generally seems to be intellectually dishonest.

then why not offer up some accurate predictions as counterexamples?
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:31:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 4:27:26 PM, Freeman wrote:
I do, however, know that the CBO makes thousands of estimates. To single out a few of them as inaccurate in an attempt to discredit them generally seems to be intellectually dishonest.

Medicare and Medicaid are two of the biggest entitlements/spending programs in the history of the world. The CBO was brutally wrong on both. There's no reason to believe they'll be right on this bill. The author also mentioned how wrong they were on the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. The CBO serves the politicians in Congress, just like the OMB serves the President.
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:39:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 4:29:21 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
They are some of the biggest and most important projections they have ever made and they effed it up royally. Try to find an accurate CBO prediction on a similar scale and see what you come up with.

And before you label this a genetic fallacy, realize that your initial claim is an appeal to [a very lousy] authority.
Scott_Mann
Posts: 278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:40:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 4:28:04 PM, Nags wrote:
At 3/20/2010 4:23:09 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
Teabaggers, probably.

What?


Teabaggers are causing the private companies' stocks to go up thanks to all the rumors.

You know the current plan doesn't have a public option, right? Insurance companies are willing to trade reduced profits on the customers they already have in exchange for a mandate forcing millions of others to cough up or go to jail.


This is why Harry Reid's going to put the public option up to a vote later.
The more posts you have, the less value they contain.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 4:45:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/20/2010 4:40:08 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
Teabaggers are causing the private companies' stocks to go up thanks to all the rumors.

Lmfao. Did the teabaggers cause the earthquake in Haiti as well?

This is why Harry Reid's going to put the public option up to a vote later.

Which will fail. They couldn't do it with a supermajority, they won't be able to do it now.