Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Congrats Obama Supporters

HandsOff
Posts: 504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 9:49:01 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Congrats gang, the politicians you elected delivered a blow to freedom unlike any we've seen since FDR and LBJ. The only right-wing move I could have likened to this health care bill would have been had the Republicans outlawed abortion over the weekend. I keep telling you guys, as a libertarian, I fear the left more than the right, because they are more likely to turn their insane ideas into law. Now you know I was right.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 10:18:29 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Still on the plus side you might get some medical treatment when you need it?

No...

Even the ancient greek city states hired doctors.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 10:26:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Yes, HandsOff, because when the Republicans were in office they didn't turn any of their ideas into law... Right.
President of DDO
collegekitchen7
Posts: 974
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 10:26:54 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 10:26:08 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Yes, HandsOff, because when the Republicans were in office they didn't turn any of their ideas into law... Right.

lol nothing that couldn't be repealed instantly.
: At 3/24/2010 1:38:15 PM, Mirza wrote:
: But it's human nature. You're born inside your mother, so what's wrong with having some sexual activity with her?

: At 3/18/2010 6:48:05 AM, kelly224 wrote:
: read some credible history books, unplug from the matrix.

: At 3/21/2010 4:13:56 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
: Stocks would not go up 30% over something that hasn't even happened yet.

: At 3/21/2010 6:06:10 PM, banker wrote:
: It apears you have a wierd grasp of english..! its only second to
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 10:27:07 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 9:49:01 AM, HandsOff wrote:

The only right-wing move I could have likened to this health care bill would have been had the Republicans outlawed abortion over the weekend.

Or how about... hmm... the Patriot Act.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 10:30:00 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 10:26:54 AM, collegekitchen7 wrote:
At 3/22/2010 10:26:08 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Yes, HandsOff, because when the Republicans were in office they didn't turn any of their ideas into law... Right.

lol nothing that couldn't be repealed instantly.

Umm... WAR?

I lol'd hard at the TV when the (R) congressman from Ohio was like "The democrats are ignoring the people! The people don't want health care, so going along with it anyway is breaking their trust!" etc etc. It's apparent that many people disagree with the war and yet did that guy bring up the same argument? Hmm... nope. Not to mention that Dick Cheney used his authority to break a congressional tie 8 times when he was in office. Did he care about the people then? No. When asked about his tie breakers, Cheney responded with "So?" Point being that the Republicans won, and so they enacted their (R) legislation. This time, the democrats won so they enacted their (D) legislation. It is what it is.
President of DDO
HandsOff
Posts: 504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 10:48:05 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I thought Obama just upheld it and even expanded the patriot act. Anyways, no, the republicans are not imposing the worst of their terrible ideas as are the liberals.
HandsOff
Posts: 504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 10:49:24 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Oh, and Obama is still in Iraq and expanded efforts in afghanistan. So you've got the worst of Bush combined with the worst liberal ideas possible.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 10:55:35 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I never said that Obama was against the PA or that he got us out of war. I was pointing out how the Republicans are just as guilty as imposing their horrendous policy so to act as if Obama is the anti-Christ is retarded. Besides, if we're going to have bad policy anyway, I'd at least rather have a competent or fairly intelligent leader compared to one the world sees as a giant joke. I'd take Obama over Bush any day.
President of DDO
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 11:03:27 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 10:55:35 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I'd at least rather have a competent or fairly intelligent leader compared to one the world sees as a giant joke.

What's the difference if their policy is equally horrendous?

I'd take Obama over Bush any day.

False dichotomy.

---

HandsOff is just saying that it's extremely hard to repeal the health care bill (near impossible) while bills like the Patriot Act can be repealed whenever.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 11:13:39 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 11:03:27 AM, Nags wrote:
At 3/22/2010 10:55:35 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I'd at least rather have a competent or fairly intelligent leader compared to one the world sees as a giant joke.

What's the difference if their policy is equally horrendous?

- I don't think their policies are equally horrendous
- It matters how the rest of the world views us/our President

I'd take Obama over Bush any day.

False dichotomy.

- No, my opinion

---

HandsOff is just saying that it's extremely hard to repeal the health care bill (near impossible) while bils like the Patriot Act can be repealed whenever.

- Askbob actually said that, and that's true, but as I just said in the last post I'm merely pointing out that Republicans enacted (R) legislation when they had the power, and now the Dems are doing the same. Also, I brought up war as an example of something that cannot just be repealed whenever, nor can other (R) policies like the ones regarding Homeland Security or certain trade and other international commitments. Anyway the point was simply that vilifying Obama for this is dumb. This was one of his campaign promises and a huge democratic platform; the next Dem president would have done the same thing whether it was Obama or not. As I said, the Repubs used their power to their advantage and so are the Dems. Besides, I cannot take anyone against health care but who is pro-war seriously.
President of DDO
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 12:04:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 9:49:01 AM, HandsOff wrote:
Congrats gang, the politicians you elected delivered a blow to freedom unlike any we've seen since FDR and LBJ. The only right-wing move I could have likened to this health care bill would have been had the Republicans outlawed abortion over the weekend. I keep telling you guys, as a libertarian, I fear the left more than the right, because they are more likely to turn their insane ideas into law. Now you know I was right.

This bill is no bigger jab than anything the right wing has done. Are you forgetting about the troops dying in Iraq? Do you consider that to be justifiable? Take your medicine and don't raise any questions.

The right wing is a bunch of insanity driven egomaniacs who are blatant, and disregard the sovereignty of others.

The left wing is more sophisticated with their arrogance. Neither party is concerned about petty squabbles amongst average Americans, yet average Americans are quick to jump on foolishness because they are easily duped. Politicians are entertainers, and actors who play seductive games on the minds of the masses every election cycle.

I voted for Obama, but in no way am I naive in thinking that one man is going to ward off many years of bureaucracy. We were driven into this mess by administrations before Obama's administration. Point in fact the Bush regime. When Clinton left there was a surplus, not a debt, so after eight years of cowardice within the American people, we all of a sudden want to point fingers at the new guy who has not tackled anything but festering issues that keep getting pushed off to the next President to deal with.

The biggest robbery in American history is how easily controlled and manipulated the masses of people are. There is no such thing as a recession for those who had little before the recession, it's just now that money in the country is shifting now, so people are up in arms.

It's a fact that people are resistant to ANY type of change, whether it is significant or not.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 12:06:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 10:48:05 AM, HandsOff wrote:
I thought Obama just upheld it and even expanded the patriot act. Anyways, no, the republicans are not imposing the worst of their terrible ideas as are the liberals.

what planet are you from?what rock have you been hybernating under?

Or is this another tactic like politicians use, divery attention from what matters, and have the masses argue over pennies, while we steal trillions.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 12:07:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 10:49:24 AM, HandsOff wrote:
Oh, and Obama is still in Iraq and expanded efforts in afghanistan. So you've got the worst of Bush combined with the worst liberal ideas possible.

it is insane to think that the occupations would end as soon as he took the oath.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 12:08:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 12:07:11 PM, kelly224 wrote:
At 3/22/2010 10:49:24 AM, HandsOff wrote:
Oh, and Obama is still in Iraq and expanded efforts in afghanistan. So you've got the worst of Bush combined with the worst liberal ideas possible.

it is insane to think that the occupations would end as soon as he took the oath.

But if it was known that the occupations would still be ongoing how many people would still vote for him? He is a war president and therefore a fraud.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 12:08:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 11:03:27 AM, Nags wrote:
At 3/22/2010 10:55:35 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I'd at least rather have a competent or fairly intelligent leader compared to one the world sees as a giant joke.

What's the difference if their policy is equally horrendous?

I'd take Obama over Bush any day.

False dichotomy.

---

HandsOff is just saying that it's extremely hard to repeal the health care bill (near impossible) while bills like the Patriot Act can be repealed whenever.

Was it said by him?...Are you the interpretor?If someone can't defend their own ideas they should not post fallacies.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 12:09:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 12:08:39 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/22/2010 12:07:11 PM, kelly224 wrote:
At 3/22/2010 10:49:24 AM, HandsOff wrote:
Oh, and Obama is still in Iraq and expanded efforts in afghanistan. So you've got the worst of Bush combined with the worst liberal ideas possible.

it is insane to think that the occupations would end as soon as he took the oath.

But if it was known that the occupations would still be ongoing how many people would still vote for him? He is a war president and therefore a fraud.

politics as a whole is a fraud.
HandsOff
Posts: 504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 1:53:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 10:55:35 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I never said that Obama was against the PA or that he got us out of war. I was pointing out how the Republicans are just as guilty as imposing their horrendous policy so to act as if Obama is the anti-Christ is retarded. Besides, if we're going to have bad policy anyway, I'd at least rather have a competent or fairly intelligent leader compared to one the world sees as a giant joke. I'd take Obama over Bush any day.

As I recall, it was the democrats AND republicans who voted to go to war with Iraq. How can you say you like Obama more than Bush when he has continued (and expanded) all the things you hated about Bush, plus screwed us up even more with his own agenda? Does that make him more intelligent than Bush? And what does intelligence matter if it is not being used?
HandsOff
Posts: 504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 1:56:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I just said in the last post I'm merely pointing out that Republicans enacted (R) legislation when they had the power, and now the Dems are doing the same.

And all I said was I fear the legislation the dems want to pass more than I do the republicans, because the really scarey republican ideas don't go anywhere. The scariest idea the dems have had in a century just passed yesterday.
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 11:38:21 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 3/22/2010 9:49:01 AM, HandsOff wrote:
Congrats gang, the politicians you elected delivered a blow to freedom unlike any we've seen since FDR and LBJ. The only right-wing move I could have likened to this health care bill would have been had the Republicans outlawed abortion over the weekend. I keep telling you guys, as a libertarian, I fear the left more than the right, because they are more likely to turn their insane ideas into law. Now you know I was right.

Interesting.
Meh!