Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Name this party?

HandsOff
Posts: 504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2010 11:12:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Which political party wants to bring spending on the parts of both republicans and democrats to affordable and sustainable levels? And why don't you want to be a part of such common sense politics?
HandsOff
Posts: 504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2010 11:23:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/23/2010 11:20:43 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I want less spending but also redistribution.

you've already got redistribution. you live in america for god sake. half the people already pay the way for the other half. do you need more than that? how can we help you? BTW, you didn't "name that party."
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2010 11:27:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/23/2010 11:23:44 PM, HandsOff wrote:
At 3/23/2010 11:20:43 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I want less spending but also redistribution.

you've already got redistribution. you live in america for god sake. half the people already pay the way for the other half. do you need more than that? how can we help you? BTW, you didn't "name that party."

Oh, please. The top 1% own more than the bottom 90%.

And I won't answer that UNTIL I SEE MY PONY!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
HandsOff
Posts: 504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2010 11:50:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/23/2010 11:27:45 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/23/2010 11:23:44 PM, HandsOff wrote:
At 3/23/2010 11:20:43 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I want less spending but also redistribution.

you've already got redistribution. you live in america for god sake. half the people already pay the way for the other half. do you need more than that? how can we help you? BTW, you didn't "name that party."

Oh, please. The top 1% own more than the bottom 90%.

And I won't answer that UNTIL I SEE MY PONY!

that's a statistic I can't confirm. what about the top 50% that support nearly the entire bottom 50%?
pewpewpew
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2010 4:13:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/23/2010 11:27:45 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/23/2010 11:23:44 PM, HandsOff wrote:
At 3/23/2010 11:20:43 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I want less spending but also redistribution.

you've already got redistribution. you live in america for god sake. half the people already pay the way for the other half. do you need more than that? how can we help you? BTW, you didn't "name that party."

Oh, please. The top 1% own more than the bottom 90%.

And I won't answer that UNTIL I SEE MY PONY!

To most people it's almost always a subjective thing, but I agree with you, it's how I find American Capitalism to work.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2010 5:02:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/23/2010 11:12:42 PM, HandsOff wrote:
Which political party wants to bring spending on the parts of both republicans and democrats to affordable and sustainable levels? And why don't you want to be a part of such common sense politics?

Parts of the republican party...
Parts of the democratic party...
Parts of the libertarian party...
Parts of the independent party...

Your question is loaded!

Also it is not just the spending people like or dislike.
They feel that the party they support is closest to their priority of concerns.

So let them support the party of their choice and have them convince me to switch mine.
I am open to suggestions, hey call me bi-partisan the non progressive version!
HandsOff
Posts: 504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2010 5:13:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/24/2010 5:02:45 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 3/23/2010 11:12:42 PM, HandsOff wrote:
Which political party wants to bring spending on the parts of both republicans and democrats to affordable and sustainable levels? And why don't you want to be a part of such common sense politics?

Parts of the republican party...
Parts of the democratic party...
Parts of the libertarian party...
Parts of the independent party...

Your question is loaded!

Also it is not just the spending people like or dislike.
They feel that the party they support is closest to their priority of concerns.

So let them support the party of their choice and have them convince me to switch mine.
I am open to suggestions, hey call me bi-partisan the non progressive version!

Sounds like you're saying most people just don't care enough about future generations to give up their pet issues. I agree. That's the definition of selfishness-- voting for a party bend on taking more than deserve and leaving our future generations with less than they deserve, along with the bill for our greed. That's disgusting, and purest form of evil.
HandsOff
Posts: 504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2010 5:15:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
BTW, those in the various parties you mentioned don't really care about future generations much at all. If they did, they'd join the party that is based on those principles.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2010 5:28:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/24/2010 5:13:47 PM, HandsOff wrote:
At 3/24/2010 5:02:45 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 3/23/2010 11:12:42 PM, HandsOff wrote:
Which political party wants to bring spending on the parts of both republicans and democrats to affordable and sustainable levels? And why don't you want to be a part of such common sense politics?

Parts of the republican party...
Parts of the democratic party...
Parts of the libertarian party...
Parts of the independent party...

Your question is loaded!

Also it is not just the spending people like or dislike.
They feel that the party they support is closest to their priority of concerns.

So let them support the party of their choice and have them convince me to switch mine.
I am open to suggestions, hey call me bi-partisan the non progressive version!

Sounds like you're saying most people just don't care enough about future generations to give up their pet issues. I agree. That's the definition of selfishness-- voting for a party bend on taking more than deserve and leaving our future generations with less than they deserve, along with the bill for our greed. That's disgusting, and purest form of evil.

But these people believe their party will lower the deficit.
When is the last time you heard a democrat or republican say, "We will raise the deficit."

They think they will lower it. So they go along with a pasty they agree with more, in line with lowering the deficit.
They trust that the person they agree with ethically and morally will also be telling the truth when they say things like, "We will tackle the deficit!"

They may not understand how but they trust in our government.
Let them trust.
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2010 5:41:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/23/2010 11:12:42 PM, HandsOff wrote:
Which political party wants to bring spending on the parts of both republicans and democrats to affordable and sustainable levels?

The Green National Socialist Libertarian Party.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2010 5:41:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/23/2010 11:27:45 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I think wealth accumulation as zero sum game and don't understand the theory of marginal utility.

Also, free stuffs, pl0x.

No.
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2010 5:43:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/24/2010 5:41:53 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 3/23/2010 11:27:45 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I think wealth accumulation is a zero sum game and don't understand the theory of marginal utility.

Also, free stuffs, pl0x.

No.

My keyboard is jacked. Fix'd.
HandsOff
Posts: 504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2010 5:44:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/24/2010 5:28:26 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 3/24/2010 5:13:47 PM, HandsOff wrote:
At 3/24/2010 5:02:45 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 3/23/2010 11:12:42 PM, HandsOff wrote:
Which political party wants to bring spending on the parts of both republicans and democrats to affordable and sustainable levels? And why don't you want to be a part of such common sense politics?

Parts of the republican party...
Parts of the democratic party...
Parts of the libertarian party...
Parts of the independent party...

Your question is loaded!

Also it is not just the spending people like or dislike.
They feel that the party they support is closest to their priority of concerns.

So let them support the party of their choice and have them convince me to switch mine.
I am open to suggestions, hey call me bi-partisan the non progressive version!

Sounds like you're saying most people just don't care enough about future generations to give up their pet issues. I agree. That's the definition of selfishness-- voting for a party bend on taking more than deserve and leaving our future generations with less than they deserve, along with the bill for our greed. That's disgusting, and purest form of evil.

But these people believe their party will lower the deficit.
When is the last time you heard a democrat or republican say, "We will raise the deficit."

They think they will lower it. So they go along with a pasty they agree with more, in line with lowering the deficit.
They trust that the person they agree with ethically and morally will also be telling the truth when they say things like, "We will tackle the deficit!"

They may not understand how but they trust in our government.
Let them trust.

First you describe how every party promises to lower the deficit. But you know each and every congress thus far has only raised it. And you follow that up with "let them trust" the government again. Can I hire you to spearhead a cult I've been meaning to start?
HandsOff
Posts: 504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2010 5:46:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/24/2010 5:41:09 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 3/23/2010 11:12:42 PM, HandsOff wrote:
Which political party wants to bring spending on the parts of both republicans and democrats to affordable and sustainable levels?

The Green National Socialist Libertarian Party.

Thank you reasoning. You're the first person to actually answer the question. Anyone else?
MikeLoviN
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2010 6:02:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
You accuse modern spending practices of being selfish and potentially disastrous for future generations, but then what do you propose can be done to reign in spending to "sustainable" levels? I would appreciate at least some degree of detail in the form of examples, because all I've seen from you lately is rant upon rant about 'future generations' and sustainability. We can't just disregard the world of today and allow markets to collapse because of 'future generations'.

As for the party name, if the ends that you are advocating were even remotely possible without absolutely insane cuts to necessary spending then I would probably call it the Economic Liberation Front. But as it stands, I'm going to have to go with the 'F*ck Off It's My Money' party
HandsOff
Posts: 504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2010 6:47:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/24/2010 6:02:44 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
You accuse modern spending practices of being selfish and potentially disastrous for future generations, but then what do you propose can be done to reign in spending to "sustainable" levels? I would appreciate at least some degree of detail in the form of examples, because all I've seen from you lately is rant upon rant about 'future generations' and sustainability. We can't just disregard the world of today and allow markets to collapse because of 'future generations'.

As for the party name, if the ends that you are advocating were even remotely possible without absolutely insane cuts to necessary spending then I would probably call it the Economic Liberation Front. But as it stands, I'm going to have to go with the 'F*ck Off It's My Money' party

A balanced budget amendment is all I call for. The dems and repubs can fight it out about what gets cut after that. Keep this borrowing up and it will be the military spending that will need to increase-- to protect of from our creditors, who will eventually come calling. Funny how you call the cuts "insane" while the insane spending that has led to this necessity for the cuts is not mentioned.
collegekitchen7
Posts: 974
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2010 7:05:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/23/2010 11:27:45 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Oh, please. The top 1% own more than the bottom 90%.

http://www.allegromedia.com...
: At 3/24/2010 1:38:15 PM, Mirza wrote:
: But it's human nature. You're born inside your mother, so what's wrong with having some sexual activity with her?

: At 3/18/2010 6:48:05 AM, kelly224 wrote:
: read some credible history books, unplug from the matrix.

: At 3/21/2010 4:13:56 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
: Stocks would not go up 30% over something that hasn't even happened yet.

: At 3/21/2010 6:06:10 PM, banker wrote:
: It apears you have a wierd grasp of english..! its only second to