Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

TheMostImportantChartOfTheCentury

Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2010 8:00:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Or that's what it claims, anyways. It is indeed interesting though. It says that at this point in time, every dollar that is added to the system is worth -45 cents to GDP.

http://economicedge.blogspot.com...
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2010 8:26:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I wouldn't call debt a "dollar added to the system."
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2010 8:42:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/29/2010 8:26:21 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
I wouldn't call debt a "dollar added to the system."

Our dollars are debt based; Our whole economy is debt based.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2010 8:54:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/29/2010 8:45:08 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 3/29/2010 8:42:43 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:

Our dollars are debt based; Our whole economy is debt based.

Like building a house on quicksand.

Hey, it's not like I support this system.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2010 9:07:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/29/2010 8:54:15 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 3/29/2010 8:45:08 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 3/29/2010 8:42:43 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:

Our dollars are debt based; Our whole economy is debt based.

Like building a house on quicksand.

Hey, it's not like I support this system.

I never said you did. I'm just illustrating.
cult-logic
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2010 9:37:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
It seems to me that the only thing "TheMostImportantChartsOfTheCentury" really do is put into a graph what we already know, while offering no real solutions.

I love statistics as much as the next person, but they really don't say much about the status of a system. There are too many variables to plot on two axes.
Helpful in some cases, but mostly overemphasized in propaganda.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2010 9:39:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/29/2010 8:42:43 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 3/29/2010 8:26:21 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
I wouldn't call debt a "dollar added to the system."

Our dollars are debt based
Debt isn't a base, it's something you stack on the base (which happens to be made of guns).
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2010 9:45:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/29/2010 9:37:13 PM, cult-logic wrote:
It seems to me that the only thing "TheMostImportantChartsOfTheCentury" really do is put into a graph what we already know, while offering no real solutions.
Unfortunately, "we" is much less than everybody. And it's not true they offer "no real solutions". You might want to go back to that link.

I love statistics as much as the next person, but they really don't say much about the status of a system. There are too many variables to plot on two axes.
Helpful in some cases, but mostly overemphasized in propaganda.
You know while I won't make this judgement for you since I don't know you, most of the people that aren't on my side politically (non-libertarians) use your argument only when the statistics are against them. You know what I mean? When the stats support what they want to say, they use it. When the stats don't support what they want to say, they do like EPA fat dyke Jackson and say that just because the evidence doesn't support what they're saying doesn't mean that what they're saying is not true.

Which is very possibly true, but you know from their argument pattern that they're just cherry-picking their sh!t.

It's stats like these I can hold up and point out their hypocrisy and possibly educate more people at the same time.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2010 9:46:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/29/2010 9:39:25 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 3/29/2010 8:42:43 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 3/29/2010 8:26:21 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
I wouldn't call debt a "dollar added to the system."

Our dollars are debt based
Debt isn't a base, it's something you stack on the base (which happens to be made of guns).
I apologize I don't explain how I think the entire system works in one post.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
cult-logic
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2010 10:55:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/29/2010 9:45:07 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
Unfortunately, "we" is much less than everybody. And it's not true they offer "no real solutions". You might want to go back to that link.

Oh no, I read it. That little bit about Iceland was, in a way, inspiring-- citizens of a country banding together in a movement to retake control of their economic standings against the foreign dependency created by loans.
However, I see nothing that compels either the common man or the politician to take action.
The entire article's point is truly not to invoke some profound realization that yes, we do have debt-- it is to recruit members of what appears to be a freedom-based, hive-mentality lobbyist group.
This is only solution they truly offer.
"It's easy to see from the outside looking in, but it's not so easy to see that it's EXACTLY the same thing occurring in the United States and no one is rising up to stop it. No one, that is, except the movement of people at SwarmUSA.com."
So... join this and we'll free the United States of all its debt. Personally, not my favorite solution.

You know while I won't make this judgement for you since I don't know you, most of the people that aren't on my side politically (non-libertarians) use your argument only when the statistics are against them. You know what I mean? When the stats support what they want to say, they use it. When the stats don't support what they want to say, they do like EPA fat dyke Jackson and say that just because the evidence doesn't support what they're saying doesn't mean that what they're saying is not true.

Which is very possibly true, but you know from their argument pattern that they're just cherry-picking their sh!t.

It's stats like these I can hold up and point out their hypocrisy and possibly educate more people at the same time.

I do know what you mean. I've noticed people of all sides of the political spectrum displaying this hypocrisy. Libertarians, authoritarians, radical left or right... People in general like to pick and choose data to show and hope the other side doesn't notice that a confounding variable or alternate data exist.
Most statistics used for political purposes will be cherry-picked or distorted in some way-- whether it is through their visual presentation, actual fabrication of results, or the commentary that surrounds them-- but this is true even for other facts.
In this day and age, it's impossible to escape these things. It's too easy for someone to say "Higher rates of ice cream consumption positively correlate with drowning deaths-- therefore, ice cream causes drowning" except substituted with something relevant to a political is.