Jump to topic:

Liberal and Conservative Talk Radio

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 8:06:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Are there any Liberal talk radio stations? Out here in Nevada, I only get 3 talk radio stations and they're all ultra-conservative. Ironically, I listen to them every morning to hear the other point of view and it's informative for news as well.

But I just wondered, where's the Liberal talk radio. Maybe there's nothing for Liberal's to rant about?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 8:12:43 PM
Well, I don't listen to the US stations often, but I know of a couple liberal radio hosts. Ed Shultz was one before he moved to MSNBC, Al Franken had a show, Alan Colmes, Young Turks, Bernie Ward. I think Air America, before it shut down, as essentially all liberal.

But the reason you don't find many is because conservative hosts, for some reason, took to the radios in droves, especially since before Fox, they didn't have a TV outlet, and barely any newspapers would carry their sort of rants. Plus, radio is easy, its cheap, and it reaches a lot of people. It's an understated medium, to be honest.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 8:13:18 PM
At 4/4/2010 8:06:18 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Are there any Liberal talk radio stations? Out here in Nevada, I only get 3 talk radio stations and they're all ultra-conservative. Ironically, I listen to them every morning to hear the other point of view and it's informative for news as well.

But I just wondered, where's the Liberal talk radio. Maybe there's nothing for Liberal's to rant about?

Oh, i'm sure there's plenty of stuff for liberals to rant about. The wars, the lack of jobs, etc.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 8:25:41 PM
At 4/4/2010 8:19:45 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
I've only heard the Young Turks sporadically but I liked them.

Oh, I thought they were just a YouTube gig, lol.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 10:16:38 PM
If I had to explain it, I would say that normal media is liberal media. Often a talking point of conservatives ("drive-by"), the reason for it is that normal logical discussion, interdisciplinary in nature and sensitive to the entire spectrum of issues (morality, science, history, sociology) is going to produce a liberal conclusion by default. "Talk-radio" is conservative inherently, which is why liberals really do not succeed at it. Talk radio is not about taking an issue, presenting both sides with equal footing, adding in expert opinion and then openning it up to the audience like NPR, for example, is. Talk radio is entertainment, and that's about it. There is no real debate; Sean Hannity putting mostly conservatives on, muting and talking over the liberals while firing rhetorical questions at them and telling them to get their own show if they want equal air time is not debate. Think about it; the same reason why liberal talk radio shows are a failure is the same reason why there are no unbiased stations agreeing with conservatives.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Scott_Mann
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 11:42:28 PM
After Air America died, all the liberal talk radio sucks, the way I see it. None of the hosts really have anything groundbreakingly interesting to say. I actually find myself listening to more conservative talk radio just because those guys always seem to have the biggest mouths.
The more posts you have, the less value they contain.
collegekitchen10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 5:11:25 AM
I just keep reporting you, and the admins just keep on banning you. How sacred is this special relationship between user and administrator that is formed between the bounds of nature and society.n
In a PM

True2GaGa: "heeeeeeeey"

Me: "hello"

True2GaGa: "sup"

Me: Masturbating

True2GaGa: "..............."
DazG20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 1:23:28 PM
if some people think the Liberals and Conservatives who are talking on the radio are really saying very nice things or they just disagree with what has being said by both or one party(ies) then why don't they complain.

If the politicians get bad publicity about what they are saying then they are surely going to have to make some changes to their attitude.