The election

Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 1:20:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/5/2010 1:16:36 PM, DazG20 wrote:
Who do you think is going to win the election?

Oh, you're a Brit.

Tory hung parliament, relies on the Lib Dems for support.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 1:25:24 PM
At 4/5/2010 1:24:03 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
BNP! :D lol no. I certainly hope not. That could be problematic. I have heard they have pretty strong support though.

Expect the Manchester putsch right about.........now.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 1:37:43 PM
BNP! :D lol no. I certainly hope not. That could be problematic. I have heard they have pretty strong support though.

4-8%? It's second biggest for a "fascist" party in Europe so it's just media BS.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 1:38:59 PM
At 4/5/2010 1:37:43 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
4-8%? It's second biggest for a "fascist" party in Europe so it's just media BS.

First being Jean-Marie LePen's National Front in France.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 1:59:54 PM
At 4/5/2010 1:20:49 PM, Volkov wrote:

Tory hung parliament, relies on the Lib Dems for support.

The Lib Dems could well end up in the position of deciding which of the two main parties ends up in power and I really hope you are wrong Volkov. They do seem to be criticising the Tories more than Labour at the moment which I guess is a good sign but I don't trust the buggers after the stunt they pulled on local government in my city.

Labour should win my constituency pretty safely so I will feel free to vote for the Respect party who's policies I agree with more (for all the good it will do).

(
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:04:31 PM
At 4/5/2010 1:59:54 PM, feverish wrote:
The Lib Dems could well end up in the position of deciding which of the two main parties ends up in power and I really hope you are wrong Volkov. They do seem to be criticising the Tories more than Labour at the moment which I guess is a good sign but I don't trust the buggers after the stunt they pulled on local government in my city.

Labour should win my constituency pretty safely so I will feel free to vote for the Respect party who's policies I agree with more (for all the good it will do).

(

I like the Lib Dems. :( Moreso than Cameron's Conservatives or Nu Labour. Clegg has some smart ideas.

Anyways, that's the probability is that it will be a Tory government, though you'd probably like it more if it was hung. I think it will be, unless they can really pull off an amazing feat. They need something like a 8 point swing to be really safe. Even as we speak, the lead shrank down to about 4 in a recent poll. That's definitely not a good sign, considering the election will probably be called tomorrow.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:07:51 PM
At 4/5/2010 2:06:44 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Whoever it is you can be assured they will be corrupt and screw things up.

Get out of here you spoil sport.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:11:44 PM
At 4/5/2010 2:06:44 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Whoever it is you can be assured they will be corrupt and screw things up.

Smart kid.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:16:55 PM
At 4/5/2010 2:04:31 PM, Volkov wrote:

I like the Lib Dems. :( Moreso than Cameron's Conservatives or Nu Labour. Clegg has some smart ideas.

I don't have the same intense disike for the LDs that I have for the Tories, I even (briefly) considered voting for them around the time of the Iraq invasion.

I do think they are hypocritical for jumping in bed with the Conservatives in Birmingham and Leeds City Councils. They try to appeal to the left and disenchanted Labour voters and then do that?

This kind of behaviour is just as much a betrayal of their roots in the SDP as when New Labour dropped Clause IV.

It's this kind of BS (not to mention scum like the BNP) that makes me so apathetic about UK politics.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:19:51 PM
At 4/5/2010 2:16:55 PM, feverish wrote:
It's this kind of BS (not to mention scum like the BNP) that makes me so apathetic about UK politics.

Well, in all honesty, it is politics in the UK, or anywhere, but the UK especially, with all your local elections with the national parties getting involved. This kind of thing happens, and while it might seem like a "betrayal of roots," its in fact the smartest move you can do when you're a third party which might hold the balance of power if the chance arises. Would you rather they do nothing, stick to their "convictions," and become irrelevant to the world? Adaptation, deal making, and compromise is the name of the game.
DazG20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2010 10:30:35 AM
At 4/5/2010 2:04:31 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 4/5/2010 1:59:54 PM, feverish wrote:

(

Anyways, that's the probability is that it will be a Tory government, though you'd probably like it more if it was hung. I think it will be, unless they can really pull off an amazing feat. They need something like a 8 point swing to be really safe. Even as we speak, the lead shrank down to about 4 in a recent poll. That's definitely not a good sign, considering the election will probably be called tomorrow.

I agree with you on that one. But what will happen to Nick Clegg MP, if he doesnt get elected as the Prime Minister?
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2010 10:31:00 AM
At 4/6/2010 10:29:00 AM, DazG20 wrote:
I mean this current election

As I said, Tory hung parliament.

Who are you rootin' for?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2010 10:32:23 AM
At 4/6/2010 10:31:00 AM, Volkov wrote:
Who are you rootin' for?

(Assuming this question can be appleid to anyone)

Lib dems, as I don't think Labour will get in, but I'm not fond of the Tories.

Besides, the Lib Dems have some very good ideas.
DazG20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2010 10:34:33 AM
Im not really rooting for anyone as I dont live in the UK.
But I would like Gordan Brown to carry on being the Prime Minister, but on the other hand he has messed things up for everyone. But I think David Cameron will stand a good chance.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2010 10:45:18 AM
At 4/6/2010 10:34:33 AM, DazG20 wrote:
Im not really rooting for anyone as I dont live in the UK.
But I would like Gordan Brown to carry on being the Prime Minister, but on the other hand he has messed things up for everyone. But I think David Cameron will stand a good chance.

Things wouldn't be in a mess if it wasn't for greedy, incompetent bankers in London and New York.

If the banks hadn't gone belly-up and caused the biggest recession since the 1930's things would look a lot rosier.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
DazG20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2010 11:01:33 AM
The way you have worded that says that, the bankers were keeping money for themselves, hence why you said that they were being greedy. How were they being greedy. If the banks had ran out of money then surely this mean that they have spent our money!!But why can't people be in command of their own money this doesnt happen again??
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2010 11:06:23 AM

I don't think they are fielding enough candidates, if they were and if they could get a single tabloid newspaper on their side then they would have a chance at emerging as a credible third party in say a decade.

Of course if things carry on as they are they are almost certain of major electoral success, even the formation of a government in about 30, to 40 years.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2010 11:07:52 AM

I am not sure that figure is accurate. There have a pretty large base of sympathy amongst apathetic work class non-voters... if those people start to vote the BNP will enjoy success.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2010 11:39:03 AM
At 4/6/2010 11:06:23 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Of course if things carry on as they are they are almost certain of major electoral success, even the formation of a government in about 30, to 40 years.

What do you mean by this Cereb?
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2010 11:27:25 PM
Best election guide ever: http://news.bbc.co.uk...

"The Conservatives want change. Labour want fairness. The Liberal Democrats want fairness and change."

Lol.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 12:42:11 AM
At 4/6/2010 11:07:52 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

I am not sure that figure is accurate. There have a pretty large base of sympathy amongst apathetic work class non-voters... if those people start to vote the BNP will enjoy success.

Well like most fascist parties, they have decent economic policy. It's the rest of their platform that bothers me...
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 2:12:03 AM
The Tories intend to pamper the posh at the expense of the poor.

Unless you a filthy-rich tycoon, a parasitic aristocrat or a swindling, grasping investment banker you will be better off voting Labour.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 3:52:32 AM
This is interesting. Both the lib Dems and Greens want a "written constitution". Britain doesn't have one?

http://news.bbc.co.uk...

Also take some time to check out the UKIP and BNP policies. Lolz worthy.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 8:40:48 AM
At 4/7/2010 3:52:32 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
This is interesting. Both the lib Dems and Greens want a "written constitution". Britain doesn't have one?

http://news.bbc.co.uk...

Also take some time to check out the UKIP and BNP policies. Lolz worthy.

The UK's "constitution" isn't like what you'd consider the American or Irish constitutions to be. It exists, but it exists in the form of statutes and codified laws which aren't centralized into one document. Getting a "written" constitution is a bit of a misnomer. What they're really asking for is to collect all these laws and things and put it into one document.