Jump to topic:

Politicians should only use public services

SuleB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 1:38:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have a debate next week that I need to prepare for, I am set as the preposition and would love to hear whether you guys disagree/agree and why. Here are my current affirmative points-
It will result in the improvement of the quality and standards of the public system, as politicians will only be able to use public services (such as schooling and healthcare) they will want to ensure that the quality is exceptional and will be more inclined to do something.
It will be when they truly serve their people because many politicians love to talk about how they will provide proper support for citizens. By only allowing them to use the public services they will be taking their words into action.
Could result in competition between the private and public schools.
It will enable the politicians including their families to develop a true understanding of the lives of the low-income earners, and will encourage them to spend their money on providing better services for their people rather than on very expensive luxury items.
Thankyou
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 6:55:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 1:38:59 AM, SuleB wrote:
I have a debate next week that I need to prepare for, I am set as the preposition and would love to hear whether you guys disagree/agree and why. Here are my current affirmative points-
It will result in the improvement of the quality and standards of the public system, as politicians will only be able to use public services (such as schooling and healthcare) they will want to ensure that the quality is exceptional and will be more inclined to do something.
It will be when they truly serve their people because many politicians love to talk about how they will provide proper support for citizens. By only allowing them to use the public services they will be taking their words into action.
Could result in competition between the private and public schools.
It will enable the politicians including their families to develop a true understanding of the lives of the low-income earners, and will encourage them to spend their money on providing better services for their people rather than on very expensive luxury items.

What politicians use in form of Tax luxuries is also a public property. :D Anyway I agree with the Thread statement, politicians must spend every penny of tax revenue for poors and public welfare, not for their 5 star dine ins.
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~