Total Posts:115|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Minimum Wage

FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2010 10:58:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Lets help educate each other on the implications of this policy. Let both pros and cons come forth.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 12:04:32 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm pro-minimum wage. While it may cause production levels to go down I feel everybody has a right to a minimum standard of living. A minimum wage can help ensure this, otherwise corporations could just pay whatever.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 12:06:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/6/2010 11:59:53 PM, FREEDO wrote:
hallo?
Stop that type of behavior. Doesn't matter if you say ring, or bump, or anything else.
It's annoying as f u c k.

Minimum Wage is price controls.
Price controls are bad. (Jacks up prices, shoots down quantity)
Therefore, Minimum Wage is bad.

Simple as that.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 12:07:06 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/7/2010 12:04:32 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I'm pro-minimum wage. While it may cause production levels to go down I feel everybody has a right to a minimum standard of living. A minimum wage can help ensure this, otherwise corporations could just pay whatever.

Do you agree that it rises unemployment?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 12:09:59 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/7/2010 12:06:44 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 4/6/2010 11:59:53 PM, FREEDO wrote:
hallo?
Stop that type of behavior. Doesn't matter if you say ring, or bump, or anything else.
It's annoying as f u c k.
Don't know why it would annoy you. I simply notified people that this thread was here after sitting dormant for an hour.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 12:11:05 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/7/2010 12:07:06 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 4/7/2010 12:04:32 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I'm pro-minimum wage. While it may cause production levels to go down I feel everybody has a right to a minimum standard of living. A minimum wage can help ensure this, otherwise corporations could just pay whatever.

Do you agree that it rises unemployment?

Yea, but I don't really like the idea of corporations paying people dirt either.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 12:13:24 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/7/2010 12:11:05 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 4/7/2010 12:07:06 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 4/7/2010 12:04:32 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I'm pro-minimum wage. While it may cause production levels to go down I feel everybody has a right to a minimum standard of living. A minimum wage can help ensure this, otherwise corporations could just pay whatever.

Do you agree that it rises unemployment?

Yea, but I don't really like the idea of corporations paying people dirt either.

Perhaps having a minimum wage may be justified in a Capitalist society but is it really necessary in a Socialist society in your opinion?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 12:14:43 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/7/2010 12:13:24 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 4/7/2010 12:11:05 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 4/7/2010 12:07:06 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 4/7/2010 12:04:32 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I'm pro-minimum wage. While it may cause production levels to go down I feel everybody has a right to a minimum standard of living. A minimum wage can help ensure this, otherwise corporations could just pay whatever.

Do you agree that it rises unemployment?

Yea, but I don't really like the idea of corporations paying people dirt either.

Perhaps having a minimum wage may be justified in a Capitalist society but is it really necessary in a Socialist society in your opinion?

In a socialist society it wouldn't matter so much as poor people would have more options for support, but I think in a capitalist society it's crucial.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 12:18:10 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/7/2010 12:04:32 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I'm pro-minimum wage. While it may cause production levels to go down I feel everybody has a right to a minimum standard of living. A minimum wage can help ensure this, otherwise corporations could just pay whatever.

And this doesn't work because corporations always just jack up the prices at the counter instead, which results at best a zero increase in the workers' wages. The companies wouldn't try to lose money.

As for the intentions stated here, I think they're rather dreamy. "Minimum standard of living" is such a weird term. What does it really mean? On the brink of death on a waterboard in an offshore torture facili? Or a suburban home with high income, both parents, and three children? An apartment in the inner city? Government housing? How much food? How much income? Incredibly vague. As for "coprorations could just pay whatever", that's what they're gonna do anyways. What matters is the real wage, and regardless of price controls like the minimum wage, they still control what's the selling price, so they're effectively still "paying whatever".

Ande very corporation does this over time, which is why we have moreand more inflation, which is why we have to increase the minimum wage.

The whole system is like a drug addict, really. The only difference is that there's more parts to an economic system than there are to a drug addict. Individual consumers will benefit for short periods of the time while the period is adjusting to the increases in minimum wages, sure thing. But in the long run, everyone's not really any better off. If not worse. Things that mathematically cannot sustain themselves, will not succeed. Such a spiraling cycle of inflation always fails in the end.

So if you want to accept and chase the money high, go right ahead. But don't claim that you're doing things like ensuring the right to a minimum standard of living or something. All you're really doing is driving it down further and further while nobody can see it, and then when everyone does see it, everyone wonders how it got there. Kind of sad, but that's how things go.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 12:21:00 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/7/2010 12:09:59 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 4/7/2010 12:06:44 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 4/6/2010 11:59:53 PM, FREEDO wrote:
hallo?
Stop that type of behavior. Doesn't matter if you say ring, or bump, or anything else.
It's annoying as f u c k.
Don't know why it would annoy you. I simply notified people that this thread was here after sitting dormant for an hour.
Classic definition of how an attention whore/troll thinks of themselves, aint it?

No. Body. Cares.
You. Need. To. Stop. Being. Such. A. Mother. F u c k ing. Narcissist.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 12:26:30 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/7/2010 12:18:10 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 4/7/2010 12:04:32 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I'm pro-minimum wage. While it may cause production levels to go down I feel everybody has a right to a minimum standard of living. A minimum wage can help ensure this, otherwise corporations could just pay whatever.

And this doesn't work because corporations always just jack up the prices at the counter instead, which results at best a zero increase in the workers' wages. The companies wouldn't try to lose money.

As for the intentions stated here, I think they're rather dreamy. "Minimum standard of living" is such a weird term. What does it really mean? On the brink of death on a waterboard in an offshore torture facili? Or a suburban home with high income, both parents, and three children? An apartment in the inner city? Government housing? How much food? How much income? Incredibly vague. As for "coprorations could just pay whatever", that's what they're gonna do anyways. What matters is the real wage, and regardless of price controls like the minimum wage, they still control what's the selling price, so they're effectively still "paying whatever".

Well for "minimum standard of living" everybody has a right to housing, food, and other basic necessities such as healthcare. I would say probably the best way to determine this is by family size. Obviously a couple with three kids is going to need more than say, a bachelor living on his own. Currently, we see homelessness as a big problem and people not getting enough to eat. Malnourished kids don't do as well in school.

Ande very corporation does this over time, which is why we have moreand more inflation, which is why we have to increase the minimum wage.

People before profit. ^^ I do understand that the market needs to be strong for these things too, but it seems that in a purely capitalist system many of the problems effecting the poor are often ignored or tossed aside.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 12:29:14 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/7/2010 12:21:00 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 4/7/2010 12:09:59 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 4/7/2010 12:06:44 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 4/6/2010 11:59:53 PM, FREEDO wrote:
hallo?
Stop that type of behavior. Doesn't matter if you say ring, or bump, or anything else.
It's annoying as f u c k.
Don't know why it would annoy you. I simply notified people that this thread was here after sitting dormant for an hour.
Classic definition of how an attention whore/troll thinks of themselves, aint it?

No. Body. Cares.
You. Need. To. Stop. Being. Such. A. Mother. F u c k ing. Narcissist.

I wanted to talk about the minimum wage because I'm unsure about it. If you and some of the people here weren't so obsessed with attacking others you'd see there was no problem. Seriously, just take a step back and look at this. Why are you telling me to stop with whatever it is you think I am. Because it annoys you? Why do you care? It's you who needs to do some growing up here.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 12:31:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/7/2010 12:26:30 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:

I suggest having the basics supplied all except for a few things such as food or else the free-rider problem becomes too much. A balance is best.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 12:32:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/7/2010 12:31:08 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 4/7/2010 12:26:30 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:

I suggest having the basics supplied all except for a few things such as food or else the free-rider problem becomes too much. A balance is best.

Supplied by whom? Social services?
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 1:16:37 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/7/2010 12:29:14 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 4/7/2010 12:21:00 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 4/7/2010 12:09:59 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 4/7/2010 12:06:44 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 4/6/2010 11:59:53 PM, FREEDO wrote:
hallo?
Stop that type of behavior. Doesn't matter if you say ring, or bump, or anything else.
It's annoying as f u c k.
Don't know why it would annoy you. I simply notified people that this thread was here after sitting dormant for an hour.
Classic definition of how an attention whore/troll thinks of themselves, aint it?

No. Body. Cares.
You. Need. To. Stop. Being. Such. A. Mother. F u c k ing. Narcissist.

I wanted to talk about the minimum wage because I'm unsure about it. If you and some of the people here weren't so obsessed with attacking others you'd see there was no problem. Seriously, just take a step back and look at this. Why are you telling me to stop with whatever it is you think I am. Because it annoys you? Why do you care? It's you who needs to do some growing up here.

Oh, now it's all about me. Projecting? No, I'd only think that because I am obsessed with attacking others. Huh, funny. Don't really see myself doing this constantly with Volkov, and we disagree on just about everything. Don't see myself constantly doing this with Ragnar_Rahl, who has this weird twist to be constantly semantic. Why do I do it to you? Yes, must be because I am obsessed with attacking others.

Yes. If we didn't point you out as being a narcissist, and this is regardless of whether or not you "actually are, there would be no problem.

Kind of like how if rape victims didn't scream, used martial arts, or had tasers, there would be no problem. Kind of like how if the Republicans didn't blast the original UHC bill out of the water the first time it was pushed through Congress, not allowing anyone to read what was in the 2k page thing until minutes before the vote, there would be no problem.

Yeah, we're like those pesky women and pesky republicans.
God damned muckrakers.

Take a step back? Sure, I already did. I don't have this behavior with anyone else. Must be something about you. What is it? Probably narcissism.

Why am I telling you to stop? Because it pisses me the f u c k off, clearly. I'm not going to pretend I speak for DDO or any portion of DDO outside of myself. *I* am pissed off, and whether not other people agree with me publicly or privately really doesn't matter the slightest bit to me.

Why do I care? Same reason why anyone cares when what they think is crap is posted on forums they go to. Same reason why anyone cares when what they think is crap is done in their apartment complex. Same reason why anyone cares when what think is crap is suggested to be a law in the country they live in. Because they identify with it to some degree. And you are pissing over what I believe to be a pretty good reputation of the politics forum. Reputation as in the general understandable attitude of the posts there. Not the topics or approaches, but just the people. You know what I see you as? You're the GodSands of this forum. And I'm not gonna your crap happen, not without at least a fight.

It's me that needs to do some growing up?

Huh.

Rather interesting you say that.

I've never thought of men as people that just laid back and thought of everything as just frikin dandy, regardless of what happened. I've always looked up to men as people who had balls to go 100% for what they believed in. Probably was the reason why I didn't look up to much until I started watching anime, but that's a different story. The fact that you're telling me to not care shows me you're not as grown up as you tried to contrast from me to be. And the fact that this post exists shows that I'm more of a man than you are. By my definitions, of course. Then again, everything out of my mouth is by my definitions.

Sorry, I'm not about to apologize for my giving of a damn about the state of this forum and this site.

You're a mother f u c king narcissist.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 1:41:58 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/7/2010 1:16:37 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:

Wow, what was that about... You really just did that? You wrote all that just to...what...do what..what are you accomplishing?

No matter what I say in this response it's still going to come across Narcissist to you cause you've already judged me. All well.

I think you have taken this much more seriously than it is. Look at all the things you compared me to. Rezzealaux, I'm not a Narcissist. I'm not seeking anyone's approval. My value of criticism is what keeps me coming back here; it's how I learn. I was surprised but concerned when I heard myself called this so I went and took as many narcissistic test on the internet I could find. I answered honestly and the results came back negative. I am not an Egoist, I do not value myself above others. I am however a very extroverted person and I put high value on sharing and hearing ideas.

I sorry but I just don't seem to be as fired up about this as you are so I'll keep this message short and I'll walk away now.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 1:56:05 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Now back to the subject of minimum wage. I heard it was Thomas Paine who came up with the idea, is that true?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 2:16:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/7/2010 1:41:58 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 4/7/2010 1:16:37 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:

Wow, what was that about... You really just did that? You wrote all that just to...what...do what..what are you accomplishing?
Something you're a couple thousand years too young to understand.

No matter what I say in this response it's still going to come across Narcissist to you cause you've already judged me. All well.
In contrast to you? Not really. You're the same.

I think you have taken this much more seriously than it is.
You don't take anything seriously, so that goes without saying.
Look at all the things you compared me to. Rezzealaux, I'm not a Narcissist. I'm not seeking anyone's approval. My value of criticism is what keeps me coming back here; it's how I learn.
That's not what I'm talking about.
I was surprised but concerned when I heard myself called this so I went and took as many narcissistic test on the internet I could find. I answered honestly and the results came back negative.
Good for you. Clearly, I think otherwise.
I am not an Egoist, I do not value myself above others.
Also not part of what I'm talking about. Selfish =/= Narcissistic.
I am however a very extroverted person and I put high value on sharing and hearing ideas.
Not what I'm talking about. Or actually, I take that back.

All this stuff about how you want to learn, and this is how you learn, and how learning is good, and you're all about learning. I don't think you realize how this type of person appears. Either people take you at face value, or they think you're a politician and are full of crap. Chances of a person really doing such a thing? Not statistically significant. If it happens, give a little evidence and I'd buy it.

Chances of you being that type of person? Statistically significant. Your past posts, all these threads (do you see anyone else doing that?) about how you're angry and so you "need" to this and that, or how you "want to learn" and how you "want other people to put in their opinion" to your question, and because they happen to not read your threads because they're doing something else or whatever at that moment, you think you need to "remind" them or "notify" them that your thread "is here".

Oh boy you're all on that learning machine alright.

Though at least to me, it's quite obvious that whenever you post it's about how YOU are on the learning machine, and not about what the learning machine puts out. Not completely of course, but then again, it never is. You're kind of like a disinformation agent. You do a little bit of what's real, and then you mix it in with the lies, or in your case it's narcissism, so some people can't see it. It just happens that you're failing to deceive me and you're succeeding at deceiving yourself.

I sorry but I just don't seem to be as fired up about this as you are so I'll keep this message short and I'll walk away now.
Either way I win. Cause it's not about you, and it's not about me :)
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
marcusbrutus
Posts: 118
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 7:15:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Anyone who is for the minimum wage is just plain stupid.

Economic Logic:
http://i47.tinypic.com...

Refute it if you dare.

Minimum wage is the entire reason for classical unemployment. If you're for the minimum wage, you're for unemployment.

You should have a minimum wage and GOVERNMENT SUPPLEMENTED income.

Example if I get paid 1.25 at walmart the government would send me an extra 5.75 for every hour I worked. Under supplemental wages classical unemployment would vanish, we'd have a higher productivity rate with more people employed, we'd have a higher GDP per capita, goods would be cheaper, businesses would be more profitable, and crime would be less.

I reiterate: If you are for the minimum wage it's because you are ABSOLUTELY IGNORANT.
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 8:41:53 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/7/2010 12:04:32 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I'm pro-minimum wage. While it may cause production levels to go down I feel everybody has a right to a minimum standard of living.

And we are going to do this by banning the employment? Great idea.

A minimum wage can help ensure this, otherwise corporations could just pay whatever.

No, they couldn't. Competition raises wage rates to the DMVP.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 9:42:45 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/7/2010 12:13:24 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 4/7/2010 12:11:05 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 4/7/2010 12:07:06 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 4/7/2010 12:04:32 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I'm pro-minimum wage. While it may cause production levels to go down I feel everybody has a right to a minimum standard of living. A minimum wage can help ensure this, otherwise corporations could just pay whatever.

Do you agree that it rises unemployment?

Yea, but I don't really like the idea of corporations paying people dirt either.

Perhaps having a minimum wage may be justified in a Capitalist society but is it really necessary in a Socialist society in your opinion?

Sociaism[with money] isn't working socialism unless you have minimum wage.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
marcusbrutus
Posts: 118
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 10:05:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/7/2010 9:42:45 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
Sociaism[with money] isn't working socialism unless you have minimum wage.

CAN SOMEONE ANSWER OR REFUTE MY ARGUMENT
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 11:56:23 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/7/2010 9:42:45 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
Sociaism[with money] isn't working socialism unless you have minimum wage.

"The natural wage of labor is its product." -- Benjamin R. Tucker
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
marcusbrutus
Posts: 118
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 9:24:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/7/2010 7:15:31 AM, marcusbrutus wrote:
Anyone who is for the minimum wage is just plain stupid.

Economic Logic:
http://i47.tinypic.com...

Refute it if you dare.

Minimum wage is the entire reason for classical unemployment. If you're for the minimum wage, you're for unemployment.

You should have a minimum wage and GOVERNMENT SUPPLEMENTED income.

Example if I get paid 1.25 at walmart the government would send me an extra 5.75 for every hour I worked. Under supplemental wages classical unemployment would vanish, we'd have a higher productivity rate with more people employed, we'd have a higher GDP per capita, goods would be cheaper, businesses would be more profitable, and crime would be less.

I reiterate: If you are for the minimum wage it's because you are ABSOLUTELY IGNORANT.

IS THERE NO LIBERAL WHO CAN REFUTE THIS ARGUMENT
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 9:31:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/7/2010 7:15:31 AM, marcusbrutus wrote:
Anyone who is for the minimum wage is just plain stupid.

Economic Logic:
http://i47.tinypic.com...

Refute it if you dare.

Sure.

Minimum wage is the entire reason for classical unemployment. If you're for the minimum wage, you're for unemployment.

Yeah, it'd be much better if the entire nation were employed at 3 cents an hour.

You should have a minimum wage and GOVERNMENT SUPPLEMENTED income.

I thought you're against minimum wage.

Example if I get paid 1.25 at walmart the government would send me an extra 5.75 for every hour I worked.

Sounds like socialism. I thought you're against that.

Under supplemental wages classical unemployment would vanish, we'd have a higher productivity rate with more people employed, we'd have a higher GDP per capita, goods would be cheaper, businesses would be more profitable, and crime would be less.

What's the difference. Same pay, same minimum wage, just two sources.

I reiterate: If you are for the minimum wage it's because you are ABSOLUTELY IGNORANT.

You're for the minimum wage.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
marcusbrutus
Posts: 118
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 9:45:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/7/2010 9:31:48 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 4/7/2010 7:15:31 AM, marcusbrutus wrote:
Anyone who is for the minimum wage is just plain stupid.

Economic Logic:
http://i47.tinypic.com...

Refute it if you dare.

Sure.

Great refutation

Minimum wage is the entire reason for classical unemployment. If you're for the minimum wage, you're for unemployment.

Yeah, it'd be much better if the entire nation were employed at 3 cents an hour.

Not a refutation.

You shouldn't have a minimum wage and instead have GOVERNMENT SUPPLEMENTED income.

I thought you're against minimum wage.

This should have read ^^^

Example if I get paid 1.25 at walmart the government would send me an extra 5.75 for every hour I worked.

Sounds like socialism. I thought you're against that.

Having everyone be employed is socialism? How so.

Under supplemental wages classical unemployment would vanish, we'd have a higher productivity rate with more people employed, we'd have a higher GDP per capita, goods would be cheaper, businesses would be more profitable, and crime would be less.

What's the difference. Same pay, same minimum wage, just two sources.

BECAUSE OF CLASSICAL UNEMPLOYMENT. LAWRD did you not even see the graph? Holy crap only attempt to comment if you're going to read. I said refute not aimlessly respond.

I reiterate: If you are for the minimum wage it's because you are ABSOLUTELY IGNORANT.

You're for the minimum wage.

No I'm not it was a typo I originally corrected it immediately afterward.