Jump to topic:

Ukraine is far from being in the EU

LaComb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 7:20:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Don't you think we must be choosier with NATO and EU candidates? Thanks Lord, Ukraine is far from being in the EU. There's such an awful mess there now! And Georgia rushing so ardently into NATO may turn even worse variant of modern Ukraine. I know what Georgia is rather well for I've been working there for years for my firm and even picked up good Georgian there.
There are several highly disputable territories in Georgia and they may be rather a challenge once Georgia becomes a NATO member. Say, Ajaria lusting to come back to Turkey, a key NATO member. Fancy some independence referendum there which can be followed by events similar to those seen in the Ukraine now. NATO will just find itself involved into the squabbles between Turkey and Georgia. Collapse could threaten not only Georgia but NATO itself then!
I suspect Georgia has always been after NATO membership just to exploit the alliance in territorial disputes to her own benefit! Btw western support of Kiev drive to subdue separatists in the eastern Ukraine is seen as highly encouraging in Georgia. At least many Georgians I'm on friendly terms with told me so.
Governer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2014 4:04:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/3/2014 7:20:39 AM, LaComb wrote:
Don't you think we must be choosier with NATO and EU candidates? Thanks Lord, Ukraine is far from being in the EU. There's such an awful mess there now! And Georgia rushing so ardently into NATO may turn even worse variant of modern Ukraine. I know what Georgia is rather well for I've been working there for years for my firm and even picked up good Georgian there.
Say, Ajaria lusting to come back to Turkey, a key NATO member. Fancy some independence referendum there which can be followed by events similar to those seen in the Ukraine now. NATO will just find itself involved into the squabbles between Turkey and Georgia. Collapse could threaten not only Georgia but NATO itself then!

Really? Have you been to Adjara? it is Georgian, they speak Georgian, and do not know anything about Turkish Language. Plus Turkey has more important problems with Armenia and the ISIS.

Also something like that is/was happening , look at the relationship between Greece and Turkey! Both NATO members

I suspect Georgia has always been after NATO membership just to exploit the alliance in territorial disputes to her own benefit!
What a Shocker!

Ill tell you something you should know by now, A friend who does not help you when you need him the most is a friend not to be trusted.

Now you tell me, if you become "choosier" and don't help us out, why would we want to join NATO when we will be better of on our own? (or maybe we wont join at all if Russia conquers or nukes us)

All the nations who denied our membership to NATO are basically scared and afraid to confront the problem in Russia. INCLUDING you!

Germany is still licking Putin's Balls