charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 12:52:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/5/2014 8:57:50 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
http://themindunleashed.org...

The faceless capitalist world-system, which dictates debt, economic poverty, and immiseration to the Third World, which cruelly shortens (through malnutrition, disease, harsh living conditions, etc.) millions of lives each and every year. Yes, the capitalist world-system has indeed racked up a greater body count than the likes of Hitler (six million Jews, Gypsies, and communists), Suharto (who murdered a million communists), Pinochet (40,000 victims), Stalin (whose distortion of communism took an estimated ten million lives), and Mao (whose distortion of communism was lethal to the tune of a loss of thirty million lives) combined!
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 12:17:24 PM
At 10/6/2014 12:52:01 AM, charleslb wrote:

The faceless capitalist world-system, which dictates debt, economic poverty, and immiseration to the Third World, which cruelly shortens (through malnutrition, disease, harsh living conditions, etc.) millions of lives each and every year. Yes, the capitalist world-system has indeed racked up a greater body count than the likes of Hitler (six million Jews, Gypsies, and communists), Suharto (who murdered a million communists), Pinochet (40,000 victims), Stalin (whose distortion of communism took an estimated ten million lives), and Mao (whose distortion of communism was lethal to the tune of a loss of thirty million lives) combined!

Overall Hitler killed around eleven million; this includes six million Jews and five million ethnic Polish/Slavic, Roma gypsies, and so on. It seems you included all of these minorities within the same six million statistic.

Additionally, those killed under Stalin's regime are estimated at higher than ten million.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 12:44:10 PM
At 10/5/2014 11:19:53 PM, apb4y wrote:
Every time you clap your hands, an Asian dies.

Isn't it true that 2 billion people will die within your lifetime? Cmon you dictators, STOP CLAPPING!
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 3:56:18 PM
At 10/7/2014 12:17:24 PM, Emilrose wrote:

Overall Hitler killed around eleven million; this includes six million Jews and five million ethnic Polish/Slavic, Roma gypsies, and so on. It seems you included all of these minorities within the same six million statistic.

Additionally, those killed under Stalin's regime are estimated at higher than ten million.

Thank you for this bit of accuracy. However, the capitalist world-system still ranks, by far, as the number one life-taker in history.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
HououinKyouma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 8:38:34 PM

I guess that is what you get when you try to mold people into your vision of the "ideal man."
"Here the ways of men part: if you wish to strive for peace of soul and pleasure, then believe; if you wish to be a devotee of truth, then inquire." F. Nietzsche.

"Freedom is always freedom for the one who thinks differently." R. Luxemburg.

"The principle of the masochistic left is that, in general, two blacks make a white, half a loaf is the same as no bread." G. Orwell, paraphrase.

"Islamophobia is a word created by fascists, used by cowards, to manipulate morons". Andrew Cummins.
TryingToBeOpenMinded
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 9:06:10 PM

This is simply untrue. Capitalism did not kill more. I would like to see your math.
Skikx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 9:24:16 PM
At 10/7/2014 3:56:18 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 10/7/2014 12:17:24 PM, Emilrose wrote:

Thank you for this bit of accuracy. However, the capitalist world-system still ranks, by far, as the number one life-taker in history.

The thing is, the capitalist world-system is not a person. It is not even an actual being. Declaring it the responsible entity doesn't make much sense.
But since we're already at it, Malaria is believed to have killed about 50% of all people that ever existed.
I also claim that human nature, which includes things like greed, anger, envy, mental disorders and, oh yes, mortality, has killed more people than the capitalist world system.
And lastly, I proclaim that either the universe itself or its cause is responsible for every death that ever occurred.
Skikx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 9:26:27 PM
At 10/5/2014 11:19:53 PM, apb4y wrote:
Every time you clap your hands, an Asian dies.

No, you got that wrong. Every time an Asian dies, you clap.