Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Does the second amendment needs amended?

MDW99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 6:44:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am from Scotland and doing a modern studies assignment at school on the second amendment of the US constitution and would like to gather views on whether this needs to be amended. Can you please give me your opinion and reasons for your answer. Can you also say which country you are from.
Many thanks
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 6:58:12 PM
At 10/6/2014 6:44:29 PM, MDW99 wrote:
I am from Scotland and doing a modern studies assignment at school on the second amendment of the US constitution and would like to gather views on whether this needs to be amended. Can you please give me your opinion and reasons for your answer. Can you also say which country you are from.
Many thanks

The entire Constitution needs to be trashed.
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 9:43:50 PM
Many thanks

The "Need" to amend our 2nd Amendment is something that is subjective and it depends upon what the ultimate goal is.

If the ultimate goal is to insure "the people's" right to arm themselves in defense of their own rights, liberties and freedoms. . . Then I don't see the need to amend it at all. If your goal is to disarm the American people and to render them incapable of (legally) arming themselves for self defense. . . then, yes. You would have to alter or abolish the 2nd Amendment to get there.

Chuz Life hails from the U.S.
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 9:45:39 PM
At 10/6/2014 6:58:12 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Many thanks

And replace it with what?
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 7:41:40 AM
At 10/6/2014 9:45:39 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/6/2014 6:58:12 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Many thanks

And replace it with what?

Something less Anti-Monarchist
With something more Anti-Big Corruption
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 7:55:17 AM
The 2nd Amendment does not need to be amended. People have the right to own methods to defend themselves, it's part of having free liberty to life.

I'm from the US of A.
Juris_Naturalis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 11:34:01 AM
Many thanks

No not really. It's not the 2nd that's the problem. The problem is, is that the U.S has one of the highest gang populations in the world. Getting rid of the 2nd won't do anything. Guns can still be illegally imported into this county just like drugs, child prostitutes and any other form of gang currency. The only difference is, the only people armed are gangs and LEOs and normal civilians are just stuck in the middle.

http://www.frontpagemag.com...