Total Posts:32|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What political party do you support?

HououinKyouma
Posts: 1,030
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 4:16:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/8/2014 7:59:09 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I support the Libertarian Party because it supports a minarchist form of government and I am a minarchist.

None. They are all utterly disappointing.
"Here the ways of men part: if you wish to strive for peace of soul and pleasure, then believe; if you wish to be a devotee of truth, then inquire." F. Nietzsche.

"Freedom is always freedom for the one who thinks differently." R. Luxemburg.

"The principle of the masochistic left is that, in general, two blacks make a white, half a loaf is the same as no bread." G. Orwell, paraphrase.

"Islamophobia is a word created by fascists, used by cowards, to manipulate morons". Andrew Cummins.
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 4:30:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 4:16:19 PM, HououinKyouma wrote:
At 10/8/2014 7:59:09 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I support the Libertarian Party because it supports a minarchist form of government and I am a minarchist.

None. They are all utterly disappointing.

Agrees. I am not even 100% happy with my own Libertarian Party because some support elective abortion, but it is the party that matches most of my beliefs.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 5:47:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 4:31:22 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/8/2014 8:56:16 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Republican

Why do you like that party? Which policy is close to your heart?

Free market values, self determination, strong foreign policy/military support, states rights, gun rights, low taxes.
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 5:49:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 5:47:05 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 10/9/2014 4:31:22 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/8/2014 8:56:16 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Republican

Why do you like that party? Which policy is close to your heart?

Free market values, self determination, strong foreign policy/military support, states rights, gun rights, low taxes.
I so dig the low taxes, free market values, and the rest.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 5:50:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 5:49:02 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/9/2014 5:47:05 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 10/9/2014 4:31:22 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/8/2014 8:56:16 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Republican

Why do you like that party? Which policy is close to your heart?

Free market values, self determination, strong foreign policy/military support, states rights, gun rights, low taxes.
I so dig the low taxes, free market values, and the rest.

Most people do. The only difference between a hard right Republican and a libertarian is their stance on social issues. We have a lot in common otherwise.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 5:50:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 5:47:05 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 10/9/2014 4:31:22 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/8/2014 8:56:16 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Republican

Why do you like that party? Which policy is close to your heart?

Free market values, self determination, strong foreign policy/military support, states rights, gun rights, low taxes.

In other words, you're a right-winger.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 9:36:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 5:50:17 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 10/9/2014 5:47:05 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 10/9/2014 4:31:22 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/8/2014 8:56:16 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Republican

Why do you like that party? Which policy is close to your heart?

Free market values, self determination, strong foreign policy/military support, states rights, gun rights, low taxes.

In other words, you're a right-winger.

Well yeah, my political views align themselves with the right side of the political spectrum.
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 9:57:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 5:50:04 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 10/9/2014 5:49:02 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/9/2014 5:47:05 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 10/9/2014 4:31:22 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/8/2014 8:56:16 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Republican

Why do you like that party? Which policy is close to your heart?

Free market values, self determination, strong foreign policy/military support, states rights, gun rights, low taxes.
I so dig the low taxes, free market values, and the rest.

Most people do. The only difference between a hard right Republican and a libertarian is their stance on social issues. We have a lot in common otherwise.

Agrees. I have views on both sides.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 10:21:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I support the Marxist-Jockist party. The Party support class struggle and powerful muscles, both of which are things I wholeheartedly support. The party is somewhat split on the problems of (1) whether shoving libertarians into lockers is dialectically determined and casually exhaustive by reference to the dialectical struggle of history or if dialectical analysis leaves room for free volition in putting down nerds and (2) whether or not skipping leg day is indicative of an unconscious re-production of petit-bourgeois ideology and how a more consistent workout routine fits into Marx's early work on the universalizing potentiality of species-being analysis. Still, all in all they seem like good guys.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 10:22:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I don't identify myself with a party (call me a hipster), but I am definitely a right wing conservative. By default I'll probably vote Republican since they represent my views better than the Democratic party.
Nolite Timere
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 10:51:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 10:22:20 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
I don't identify myself with a party (call me a hipster), but I am definitely a right wing conservative. By default I'll probably vote Republican since they represent my views better than the Democratic party.

Why would anyone call you a hipster if you consider yerself right wing? I mean "hipsterism" doesn't necessarily imply a political subject (though they do generally fall under the banner of Greens) but it's culturally almost wholly opposed to conservatism. Of course that's somewhat ignoring certain hipster trends which fetishise "ironic" symbols of masculinity like suspenders and beards.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 11:07:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm a Democrat.

As an adherent of the "Greatest Happiness" principle, I believe that society should be set-up in way that benefits most people and provides them with sustained, long-term happiness--and that has been proven to work. Communism DOES NOT WORK; laissez-faire capitalism DOES NOT WORK. Virtually all industrialized societies today have adopted something in the middle because THAT WORKS BETTER!

However, to be fair there are many moderate Republicans and members of other parties that also believe in the same!
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 11:09:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 11:07:11 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
I'm a Democrat.

As an adherent of the "Greatest Happiness" principle, I believe that society should be set-up in way that benefits most people and provides them with sustained, long-term happiness--and that has been proven to work. Communism DOES NOT WORK; laissez-faire capitalism DOES NOT WORK. Virtually all industrialized societies today have adopted something in the middle because THAT WORKS BETTER!

However, to be fair there are many moderate Republicans and members of other parties that also believe in the same!

Freedom > Happiness
Why don't we just all get plugged in to a Matrix? Or drug ourselves out? All of us, morphine for all, then we'd all be happy and carefree.
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 11:13:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 11:09:11 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 10/9/2014 11:07:11 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
I'm a Democrat.

As an adherent of the "Greatest Happiness" principle, I believe that society should be set-up in way that benefits most people and provides them with sustained, long-term happiness--and that has been proven to work. Communism DOES NOT WORK; laissez-faire capitalism DOES NOT WORK. Virtually all industrialized societies today have adopted something in the middle because THAT WORKS BETTER!

However, to be fair there are many moderate Republicans and members of other parties that also believe in the same!

Freedom > Happiness
Why don't we just all get plugged in to a Matrix? Or drug ourselves out? All of us, morphine for all, then we'd all be happy and carefree.

The use of illegal, mind-altering drugs does not benefit the nation; these drugs contort our thinking and do not make us contributing members of society. However, there are some drugs that are beneficial, such as vacines and those used to fight human illnesses--including psychological illness.
thett3
Posts: 14,349
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 11:23:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I support the pansexual peace party.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 11:26:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 11:23:57 PM, thett3 wrote:
I support the pansexual peace party.

The Marxist-Jockists support all sexual identities and orientations so long as they maintain the scientific rigidity of Marxism and constitute their daily praxis through a strict body building regimen. We can't guarantee peace but we can guarantee sick abs and powerful leg muscles. You in?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
thett3
Posts: 14,349
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 11:27:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 11:26:55 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/9/2014 11:23:57 PM, thett3 wrote:
I support the pansexual peace party.

The Marxist-Jockists support all sexual identities and orientations so long as they maintain the scientific rigidity of Marxism and constitute their daily praxis through a strict body building regimen. We can't guarantee peace but we can guarantee sick abs and powerful leg muscles. You in?

Only if you'll take my hand and guide me through this strange new world, spinko
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 11:31:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 11:27:36 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/9/2014 11:26:55 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/9/2014 11:23:57 PM, thett3 wrote:
I support the pansexual peace party.

The Marxist-Jockists support all sexual identities and orientations so long as they maintain the scientific rigidity of Marxism and constitute their daily praxis through a strict body building regimen. We can't guarantee peace but we can guarantee sick abs and powerful leg muscles. You in?

Only if you'll take my hand and guide me through this strange new world, spinko

No problem. I'll need you to pick up a copy of Althusser's "Contradiction and Overdetermination" and procure a membership at Gold's Gym.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 8:34:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 10:51:15 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/9/2014 10:22:20 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
I don't identify myself with a party (call me a hipster), but I am definitely a right wing conservative. By default I'll probably vote Republican since they represent my views better than the Democratic party.

Why would anyone call you a hipster if you consider yerself right wing? I mean "hipsterism" doesn't necessarily imply a political subject (though they do generally fall under the banner of Greens) but it's culturally almost wholly opposed to conservatism. Of course that's somewhat ignoring certain hipster trends which fetishise "ironic" symbols of masculinity like suspenders and beards.

That's not quite what I meant lol. My friends call me a hipster whenever I tell them I don't identify with a party, but would vote Republican. It's more than likely an incorrect usage of the word.
Nolite Timere
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 10:44:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 11:13:45 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
At 10/9/2014 11:09:11 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 10/9/2014 11:07:11 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
I'm a Democrat.

As an adherent of the "Greatest Happiness" principle, I believe that society should be set-up in way that benefits most people and provides them with sustained, long-term happiness--and that has been proven to work. Communism DOES NOT WORK; laissez-faire capitalism DOES NOT WORK. Virtually all industrialized societies today have adopted something in the middle because THAT WORKS BETTER!

However, to be fair there are many moderate Republicans and members of other parties that also believe in the same!

Freedom > Happiness
Why don't we just all get plugged in to a Matrix? Or drug ourselves out? All of us, morphine for all, then we'd all be happy and carefree.

The use of illegal, mind-altering drugs does not benefit the nation; these drugs contort our thinking and do not make us contributing members of society. However, there are some drugs that are beneficial, such as vacines and those used to fight human illnesses--including psychological illness.

The point was freedom is far greater in value than overall happiness.
HououinKyouma
Posts: 1,030
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 6:07:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 4:30:23 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/9/2014 4:16:19 PM, HououinKyouma wrote:
At 10/8/2014 7:59:09 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I support the Libertarian Party because it supports a minarchist form of government and I am a minarchist.

None. They are all utterly disappointing.

Agrees. I am not even 100% happy with my own Libertarian Party because some support elective abortion, but it is the party that matches most of my beliefs.

If we lower the criteria to parties that one can identify with to some extent I would have to say that I might be willing to support progressive Republicans and Democrats.
"Here the ways of men part: if you wish to strive for peace of soul and pleasure, then believe; if you wish to be a devotee of truth, then inquire." F. Nietzsche.

"Freedom is always freedom for the one who thinks differently." R. Luxemburg.

"The principle of the masochistic left is that, in general, two blacks make a white, half a loaf is the same as no bread." G. Orwell, paraphrase.

"Islamophobia is a word created by fascists, used by cowards, to manipulate morons". Andrew Cummins.