Total Posts:123|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Same-Sex Marriage, yes or no?

Chaed
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 12:20:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This whole thing is really a tax evasion scam. Why does a same sex couple need to marry anyway?
JollyTodd
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 12:26:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 12:20:47 PM, Chaed wrote:
This whole thing is really a tax evasion scam. Why does a same sex couple need to marry anyway?

If attaining tax benefits for legally recognized marriage is "tax evasion," then why are you only applying this standard to same-sex marriage? Aren't straight marriages, also, a tax evasion scam, per your logic?

I think by framing the discussion from a standpoint of "need" is wrong. No one "needs" to marry; straight people don't need to marry, and marriage is on the decline for a reason. It's merely a matter of equality. If you're going to extend benefits to one subset of people based upon their sexual orientation (straight), by what authority do you have to deny those same benefits and recognition to gay couples?

Further, if you contend that marriage is a matter of a "tax evasion scam," there are numerous ramifications. First, as I said, any marriage boils down to a scam. Second, any tax incentive or deduction--childcare, education, healthcare, etc.--also must be a scam, which means we ought to rewrite the entirety of the tax code. Under this logic, you shouldn't be asking about the legality of same-sex marriage, but about whether marriage at all ought to be recognized at any level of government. That's a position that, though I disagree with, I can respect.
Praesentya
Posts: 195
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 1:01:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 12:20:47 PM, Chaed wrote:
This whole thing is really a tax evasion scam. Why does a same sex couple need to marry anyway?

Yeah, marriage is just about tax evasion, and you're just single because you're choosy.

This is one of the stupidest comments I have ever seen on this forum. Educate yourself.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 1:16:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 12:20:47 PM, Chaed wrote:
This whole thing is really a tax evasion scam. Why does a same sex couple need to marry anyway?

Care to explain how this is a scam?
Married couples are far more often pay more in taxes (or an equal amount) than their singled counterparts.
My work here is, finally, done.
Chaed
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 1:30:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 1:01:07 PM, Praesentya wrote:
At 10/13/2014 12:20:47 PM, Chaed wrote:
This whole thing is really a tax evasion scam. Why does a same sex couple need to marry anyway?

Yeah, marriage is just about tax evasion, and you're just single because you're choosy.

This is one of the stupidest comments I have ever seen on this forum. Educate yourself.

Comment: Marriage MAY be a sign of love, If you accept that love exists in a number of different guises, and that two people of the same sex can love each other, it is only right in a free society that equal rights prevail. Now if you are talking about the state granting a marriage license to a same sex couple or if they are entitled to the same financial resources a real married couple get, that is a totally different story.
Gay people already have equal rights, what they want is the rights straights have, plus 1 more, the right to redefine marriage.
What you gay people are telling us is that those ideas that marriage is about family are wrong, and a family is not a Man, his woman, and his children, that is all just bull**** that the church lady told you back in Sunday school.
Some gay lawyer was living in the east village with his kept boy, who was a student at the Fashion Institute of Technology. One day he got this idea that if his kept boy was a kept woman, he could marry her, then he could file his income tax jointly . He could claim his partner as an exemption and get a marvelous tax break.
vwv
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 3:07:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 12:20:47 PM, Chaed wrote:
This whole thing is really a tax evasion scam. Why does a same sex couple need to marry anyway?

How is it any more tax evading than heterosexual marriage?
vwv
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 3:08:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 1:01:07 PM, Praesentya wrote:
At 10/13/2014 12:20:47 PM, Chaed wrote:
This whole thing is really a tax evasion scam. Why does a same sex couple need to marry anyway?

Yeah, marriage is just about tax evasion, and you're just single because you're choosy.

This is one of the stupidest comments I have ever seen on this forum. Educate yourself.

It isn't a comment, it's a post.
Praesentya
Posts: 195
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 3:24:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 1:30:58 PM, Chaed wrote:
Comment: Marriage MAY be a sign of love, If you accept that love exists in a number of different guises, and that two people of the same sex can love each other, it is only right in a free society that equal rights prevail. Now if you are talking about the state granting a marriage license to a same sex couple or if they are entitled to the same financial resources a real married couple get, that is a totally different story.
Gay people already have equal rights, what they want is the rights straights have, plus 1 more, the right to redefine marriage.
What you gay people are telling us is that those ideas that marriage is about family are wrong, and a family is not a Man, his woman, and his children, that is all just bull**** that the church lady told you back in Sunday school.
Some gay lawyer was living in the east village with his kept boy, who was a student at the Fashion Institute of Technology. One day he got this idea that if his kept boy was a kept woman, he could marry her, then he could file his income tax jointly . He could claim his partner as an exemption and get a marvelous tax break.

1. Not really, since straight people have defined marriage already, redefining it isn't an additional right.

2. Your argument is so convoluted and lacking in intellectualism that I'm surprised you actually knew some three syllable words...

3. You've neglected to answer why heterosexual marriage isn't tax evasion.

4. I received your message. Stop hitting on me.
Praesentya
Posts: 195
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 3:26:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 3:08:49 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/13/2014 1:01:07 PM, Praesentya wrote:
At 10/13/2014 12:20:47 PM, Chaed wrote:
This whole thing is really a tax evasion scam. Why does a same sex couple need to marry anyway?

Yeah, marriage is just about tax evasion, and you're just single because you're choosy.

This is one of the stupidest comments I have ever seen on this forum. Educate yourself.

It isn't a comment, it's a post.

Thank you for correcting this critical error which made my comment incomprehensible...
vwv
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 3:28:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 3:26:17 PM, Praesentya wrote:
At 10/13/2014 3:08:49 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/13/2014 1:01:07 PM, Praesentya wrote:
At 10/13/2014 12:20:47 PM, Chaed wrote:
This whole thing is really a tax evasion scam. Why does a same sex couple need to marry anyway?

Yeah, marriage is just about tax evasion, and you're just single because you're choosy.

This is one of the stupidest comments I have ever seen on this forum. Educate yourself.

It isn't a comment, it's a post.

Thank you for correcting this critical error which made my comment incomprehensible...

Your post, you mean? ;)
SirMethos
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 5:45:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 12:20:47 PM, Chaed wrote:
Why does a same sex couple need to marry anyway?

Allow me to rephrase your question, then you can provide the answer yourself.

Why does a couple need to marry anyway?
Chaed
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 9:15:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 5:45:22 AM, SirMethos wrote:
At 10/13/2014 12:20:47 PM, Chaed wrote:
Why does a same sex couple need to marry anyway?

Allow me to rephrase your question, then you can provide the answer yourself.

Why does a couple need to marry anyway?
A heterosexual woman needs to marry because it establishes her boyfriend as the father of her children.. With that comes the obligation to provide financial support for her and any children she may get. This is important because if he fails to be a satisfactory husband, she can sue him for divorce. After her lawyer is done with him he will wish he was a better husband.
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 9:23:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 9:15:50 AM, Chaed wrote:
At 10/14/2014 5:45:22 AM, SirMethos wrote:
At 10/13/2014 12:20:47 PM, Chaed wrote:
Why does a same sex couple need to marry anyway?

Allow me to rephrase your question, then you can provide the answer yourself.

Why does a couple need to marry anyway?
A heterosexual woman needs to marry because it establishes her boyfriend as the father of her children.. With that comes the obligation to provide financial support for her and any children she may get. This is important because if he fails to be a satisfactory husband, she can sue him for divorce. After her lawyer is done with him he will wish he was a better husband.

why does a heterosexual man need to marry?
Chaed
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 10:16:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 3:26:17 PM, Praesentya wrote:
At 10/13/2014 3:08:49 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/13/2014 1:01:07 PM, Praesentya wrote:
At 10/13/2014 12:20:47 PM, Chaed wrote:
This whole thing is really a tax evasion scam. Why does a same sex couple need to marry anyway?

Yeah, marriage is just about tax evasion, and you're just single because you're choosy.

This is one of the stupidest comments I have ever seen on this forum. Educate
yourself.
Thank you

It isn't a comment, it's a post.

Thank you for correcting this critical error which made my comment incomprehensible...
Thank you for replying to my post Praesentya!
It is not much, but it is delightful to have the virtual company of such a beautiful woman.
If you are interested in stupid comments dear, I would be interested in setting the record for THE stupidest comment on this forum.
Chaed
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 10:41:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 9:23:31 AM, Cermank wrote:
At 10/14/2014 9:15:50 AM, Chaed wrote:
At 10/14/2014 5:45:22 AM, SirMethos wrote:
At 10/13/2014 12:20:47 PM, Chaed wrote:
Why does a same sex couple need to marry anyway?

Allow me to rephrase your question, then you can provide the answer yourself.

Why does a couple need to marry anyway?
A heterosexual woman needs to marry because it establishes her boyfriend as the father of her children.. With that comes the obligation to provide financial support for her and any children she may get. This is important because if he fails to be a satisfactory husband, she can sue him for divorce. After her lawyer is done with him he will wish he was a better husband.

why does a heterosexual man need to marry?
Well, suppose I was engaged to Praesentya. ( this is a purely theoretical
of course) , I would love to have her take my surname, because it would be a way of saying to everyone "look what I got". It would also like to put my ring on her, this would be away of telling all the other guys " keep your hands of her! She's mine!". But more importantly I would know that I am the biological father of her children.
I doubt that I would have this problem with Praesentya, but if I was with a girl who was more promiscuos I would not know for sure that some other man could not be their father.
This would not be completley unlike purchasing a dog and putting a collar around his neck that had my name on the tag.
Again, this is only a theoretical situation Present.
I am not implying that you would have to settle for me.
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 11:27:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 10:41:05 AM, Chaed wrote:

why does a heterosexual man need to marry?
Well, suppose I was engaged to Praesentya. ( this is a purely theoretical
of course) , I would love to have her take my surname, because it would be a way of saying to everyone "look what I got". It would also like to put my ring on her, this would be away of telling all the other guys " keep your hands of her! She's mine!".

Although i obviously disagree with your reason for marriage here, the same could be said for a homosexual couple.

But more importantly I would know that I am the biological father of her children.
I doubt that I would have this problem with Praesentya, but if I was with a girl who was more promiscuos I would not know for sure that some other man could not be their father.

if you were with a girl you didn't trust enough, you couldn't be sure even after marriage.

This would not be completley unlike purchasing a dog and putting a collar around his neck that had my name on the tag.

yeah, you have issues if you really believe this.

Again, this is only a theoretical situation Present.
I am not implying that you would have to settle for me.
Chaed
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 12:35:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 11:27:56 AM, Cermank wrote:
At 10/14/2014 10:41:05 AM, Chaed wrote:

why does a heterosexual man need to marry?
Well, suppose I was engaged to Praesentya. ( this is a purely theoretical
of course) , I would love to have her take my surname, because it would be a way of saying to everyone "look what I got". It would also like to put my ring on her, this would be away of telling all the other guys " keep your hands of her! She's mine!".

Although i obviously disagree with your reason for marriage here, the same could be said for a homosexual couple.

But more importantly I would know that I am the biological father of her children.
I doubt that I would have this problem with Praesentya, but if I was with a girl who was more promiscuos I would not know for sure that some other man could not be their father.

if you were with a girl you didn't trust enough, you couldn't be sure even after marriage.

This would not be completley unlike purchasing a dog and putting a collar around his neck that had my name on the tag.

yeah, you have issues if you really believe this.

Again, this is only a theoretical situation Present.
I am not implying that you would have to settle for me.
I am sorry I only have been paying attention to Praesentya.
So, Like, I am wrong, If a woman a marries another woman, but she has complete faith and trust in her wife, she does not have to marry her to know that the other one is the real father of her baby?
When you marry a woman you put the wedding ring on her. She changes her last name to that of your family.
How is this not like putting a collar on your dog that has your name on the tag?
I think when 2 gay men marry the dominant one puts a collar on the submissive one.
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 12:47:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 12:35:46 PM, Chaed wrote:

Again, this is only a theoretical situation Present.
I am not implying that you would have to settle for me.
I am sorry I only have been paying attention to Praesentya.
So, Like, I am wrong, If a woman a marries another woman, but she has complete faith and trust in her wife, she does not have to marry her to know that the other one is the real father of her baby?

i have no idea what you're trying to say here. But if the sole reason you want to marry someone is to ensure that you know that 'the baby is yours', then the lack of trust isn't going to end with the marriage.

When you marry a woman you put the wedding ring on her. She changes her last name to that of your family.

That is socially desirable, not a compulsion.
How is this not like putting a collar on your dog that has your name on the tag?

Are you serious? The woman isn't your property. She isn't bound by your word, your will, even you. That ring is supposed to be a celebration of your commitment and love. if you can fathom that emotion.

I think when 2 gay men marry the dominant one puts a collar on the submissive one.

well you are free to be a complete idiot.
Chaed
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 1:09:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 9:28:48 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Gays have the same right to get married as straight people do. The religious beliefs of the minority should not be forced on the majority.
Thats right , Gays have THE SAME right to get married as straight people.
e.g. the state of California issued a marriage license to Rock Hudson. His narrow minded agent believed that Rock needed to marry to prove he was straight and squelch all the rumors he was gay.
Mr. Hudson married his Agent's secretary. She was a consenting adult of the opposite sex so Rock had obeyed the law completely. While you may think this was not on the level, because Rock was gay and she was female, there is nothing in the law about his sexual orientation. He walks in the door accompanied by a woman and they want to get married. The clerk may assume they are straight.
He was not hassled, and did not have to prove she was his sex partner.
Gays do have the same right to get married , they just have to obey the rule about being of the opposite sex like everybody else.
Now when Ellen DeGenerate, oops I mean De Generes married Portia DeRossi, That was 2 consenting adults of the same sex. What that was is the same right to marry that straight people do, to this, was added the right to substitute "same" for "opposite" if you are gay.
They were given this option when that gay judge eliminated the ban on same sex marriage the majority of California voters wanted.
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 3:20:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 1:09:02 PM, Chaed wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:28:48 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Gays have the same right to get married as straight people do. The religious beliefs of the minority should not be forced on the majority.
Thats right , Gays have THE SAME right to get married as straight people.
e.g. the state of California issued a marriage license to Rock Hudson. His narrow minded agent believed that Rock needed to marry to prove he was straight and squelch all the rumors he was gay.
Mr. Hudson married his Agent's secretary. She was a consenting adult of the opposite sex so Rock had obeyed the law completely. While you may think this was not on the level, because Rock was gay and she was female, there is nothing in the law about his sexual orientation. He walks in the door accompanied by a woman and they want to get married. The clerk may assume they are straight.
He was not hassled, and did not have to prove she was his sex partner.
Gays do have the same right to get married , they just have to obey the rule about being of the opposite sex like everybody else.
Now when Ellen DeGenerate, oops I mean De Generes married Portia DeRossi, That was 2 consenting adults of the same sex. What that was is the same right to marry that straight people do, to this, was added the right to substitute "same" for "opposite" if you are gay.
They were given this option when that gay judge eliminated the ban on same sex marriage the majority of California voters wanted.

You have no right to force your beliefs on other people. You have no right to tell people what to do. If two people of the same sex want to get married, they have that right.
Chaed
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 10:56:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 3:20:50 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/14/2014 1:09:02 PM, Chaed wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:28:48 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Gays have the same right to get married as straight people do. The religious beliefs of the minority should not be forced on the majority.
Thats right , Gays have THE SAME right to get married as straight people.
e.g. the state of California issued a marriage license to Rock Hudson. His narrow minded agent believed that Rock needed to marry to prove he was straight and squelch all the rumors he was gay.
Mr. Hudson married his Agent's secretary. She was a consenting adult of the opposite sex so Rock had obeyed the law completely. While you may think this was not on the level, because Rock was gay and she was female, there is nothing in the law about his sexual orientation. He walks in the door accompanied by a woman and they want to get married. The clerk may assume they are straight.
He was not hassled, and did not have to prove she was his sex partner.
Gays do have the same right to get married , they just have to obey the rule about being of the opposite sex like everybody else.
Now when Ellen DeGenerate, oops I mean De Generes married Portia DeRossi, That was 2 consenting adults of the same sex. What that was is the same right to marry that straight people do, to this, was added the right to substitute "same" for "opposite" if you are gay.
They were given this option when that gay judge eliminated the ban on same sex marriage the majority of California voters wanted.

You have no right to force your beliefs on other people. You have no right to tell people what to do. If two people of the same sex want to get married, they have that right.
If these 2 people are the same sex, they have that wrong.
Chaed
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 11:26:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 3:24:45 PM, Praesentya wrote:
At 10/13/2014 1:30:58 PM, Chaed wrote:
Comment: Marriage MAY be a sign of love, If you accept that love exists in a number of different guises, and that two people of the same sex can love each other, it is only right in a free society that equal rights prevail. Now if you are talking about the state granting a marriage license to a same sex couple or if they are entitled to the same financial resources a real married couple get, that is a totally different story.
Gay people already have equal rights, what they want is the rights straights have, plus 1 more, the right to redefine marriage.
What you gay people are telling us is that those ideas that marriage is about family are wrong, and a family is not a Man, his woman, and his children, that is all just bull**** that the church lady told you back in Sunday school.
Some gay lawyer was living in the east village with his kept boy, who was a student at the Fashion Institute of Technology. One day he got this idea that if his kept boy was a kept woman, he could marry her, then he could file his income tax jointly . He could claim his partner as an exemption and get a marvelous tax break.

1. Not really, since straight people have defined marriage already, redefining it isn't an additional right.

2. Your argument is so convoluted and lacking in intellectualism that I'm surprised you actually knew some three syllable words...

3. You've neglected to answer why heterosexual marriage isn't tax evasion.

4. I received your message. Stop hitting on me.

Heterosexual marriage is not tax evasion because he is doing what he was told to do.
Back in the day people thought that a woman needed a man to take care of her and go out and earn the money his family needed, while she stayed home and took care of the kids.
He could claim her as an exemption and pay less tax because he was a good man.
Believe me, that was the way things were when they wrote the laws on income tax.
So if some gay man makes believe his partner is his wife and claims him as an exemption, the IRS has to take his word for it. This enables him to screw Uncle Sam out of thousands of dollars.
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 11:54:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 10:56:16 PM, Chaed wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:20:50 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/14/2014 1:09:02 PM, Chaed wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:28:48 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Gays have the same right to get married as straight people do. The religious beliefs of the minority should not be forced on the majority.
Thats right , Gays have THE SAME right to get married as straight people.
e.g. the state of California issued a marriage license to Rock Hudson. His narrow minded agent believed that Rock needed to marry to prove he was straight and squelch all the rumors he was gay.
Mr. Hudson married his Agent's secretary. She was a consenting adult of the opposite sex so Rock had obeyed the law completely. While you may think this was not on the level, because Rock was gay and she was female, there is nothing in the law about his sexual orientation. He walks in the door accompanied by a woman and they want to get married. The clerk may assume they are straight.
He was not hassled, and did not have to prove she was his sex partner.
Gays do have the same right to get married , they just have to obey the rule about being of the opposite sex like everybody else.
Now when Ellen DeGenerate, oops I mean De Generes married Portia DeRossi, That was 2 consenting adults of the same sex. What that was is the same right to marry that straight people do, to this, was added the right to substitute "same" for "opposite" if you are gay.
They were given this option when that gay judge eliminated the ban on same sex marriage the majority of California voters wanted.

You have no right to force your beliefs on other people. You have no right to tell people what to do. If two people of the same sex want to get married, they have that right.
If these 2 people are the same sex, they have that wrong.
You have no right to force your bigoted religious beliefs on other people. If two people of the same sex want to get married, they have that right.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 12:23:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 9:28:48 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Gays have the same right to get married as straight people do. The religious beliefs of the minority should not be forced on the majority.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 12:30:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 12:23:59 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:28:48 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Gays have the same right to get married as straight people do. The religious beliefs of the minority should not be forced on the majority.

Thanks for the quote. :)
Chaed
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 12:58:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 12:30:46 AM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/15/2014 12:23:59 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:28:48 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Gays have the same right to get married as straight people do. The religious beliefs of the minority should not be forced on the majority.

Thanks for the quote. :)
I'm afraid we have a misunderstanding here. This subject is difficult to discuss because liberals and conservatives disagree on the meaning of some words and everything else.

I think it will help if I make a chart. What liberals believe is on the left, the truth is on the right.

Marriage is about love.......... Marriage is about family
We have a right to marry anybody we want............... If this person is desirable enough that you want to marry them, they can do better than you
2 consenting adults............ That is who can do sodomy. For marriage you need 2 consenting adults of the opposite sex.
People are opposed to gay marriage because they hate gays......... There are many other reasons to be opposed to gay marriage
I can't get married because I am gay
Chaed
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 4:34:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 1:09:28 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
The married gay is a family bro.
Before I could finish the list somebody disabled my computer with some kind of malware.
This is what usually happens on a general interest website when somebody tries to tell the other side of the story on gay marriage, well maybe not just malware, there are many other methods used to get the straight guy to shut up.
I suppose you gay people would like to debate the issue and win the debate, but you know you can't do that.
So the strategy is tell people what they are supposed to believe and why they are stupid or bigots if they don't.
With most issues this strategy would not work because a republican would subject you to a cross examination.
With gay marriage that won't happen because the republicans hope this issue will turn into a battle that will last until the day after election day of 2016.
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 5:30:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 12:58:28 PM, Chaed wrote:
At 10/15/2014 12:30:46 AM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/15/2014 12:23:59 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:28:48 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Gays have the same right to get married as straight people do. The religious beliefs of the minority should not be forced on the majority.

Thanks for the quote. :)
I'm afraid we have a misunderstanding here. This subject is difficult to discuss because liberals and conservatives disagree on the meaning of some words and everything else.

I think it will help if I make a chart. What liberals believe is on the left, the truth is on the right.

Marriage is about love.......... Marriage is about family
We have a right to marry anybody we want............... If this person is desirable enough that you want to marry them, they can do better than you
2 consenting adults............ That is who can do sodomy. For marriage you need 2 consenting adults of the opposite sex.
People are opposed to gay marriage because they hate gays......... There are many other reasons to be opposed to gay marriage
I can't get married because I am gay
Gays have the right to get married. You have no right to to dictate what people do in their private lives.