Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Which one is worse?

YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 9:50:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Fascism, if properly implemented with a socialist economy, could be immeasurably socially productive as long as that didn't come at the expense of social tolerance.
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 9:51:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 9:43:48 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Is fascism worse than communism?

Not by a long shot. Fascism could actually work under the right conditions. Communism cant work, at all.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 10:07:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 9:51:57 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:43:48 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Is fascism worse than communism?

Not by a long shot. Fascism could actually work under the right conditions. Communism cant work, at all.

And just why is that?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 10:09:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 10:07:10 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:51:57 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:43:48 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Is fascism worse than communism?

Not by a long shot. Fascism could actually work under the right conditions. Communism cant work, at all.

And just why is that?

The short and sweet? Because fascism has produced some of our world's most economically and diplomatically productive states, while communism has failed to even function in practice.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 10:10:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 10:09:10 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:07:10 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:51:57 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:43:48 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Is fascism worse than communism?

Not by a long shot. Fascism could actually work under the right conditions. Communism cant work, at all.

And just why is that?

The short and sweet? Because fascism has produced some of our world's most economically and diplomatically productive states, while communism has failed to even function in practice.

Short and sweet usually isn't good when explaining why a political ideology isn't effective.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 10:13:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What you say is communism is what I call Stalinism
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Chimera
Posts: 178
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 10:16:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 9:43:48 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Is fascism worse than communism?

Yes. Far worse.

Fascism is a union between state and corporate power, everything is done within the interests of the ruling classes. The majority of society is coerced through violence to act according to the ruling class's standards.

Communism on the other hand, is simply a stateless, classless, moneyless society, where the workers have control of the means of production. Communism as a whole has only occurred in some instances of society. Instances of communism in practice include parts of Revolutionary Catalonia, the Free Territory, the Shimnin autonomous region, some aspects of the Paris commune, some aspects of the kibbutzim in early Israel (if you subtract the nationalist, Zionist elements) and certain communes during the 1956 Hungarian Revolution are all examples of communism in practice, and were overall successful. In fact, Revolutionary Catalonia was one of the largest socialist reovlutions (it is believed 8 million people participated) to overall succeed, and form a working, productive, socialist society.

The only way I see communism as being dangerous isn't in it's practice, but in some of the unsuccessful methods that were made towards acheiving it. Specifically, the blunders and catastrophes made in Russia, Cuba, China, Vietnam, and the other major socialist states of the 20th century (mainly due to vanguardism, which promotes a revolutionary 'vanguard' taking control of the administrative capacities of the state, all in the 'interests of the proletariat'. What garbage.). Fascism however, actively promotes radical violence towards dissent within it's own ideology. Which is far more dangerous.
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 11:00:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 10:10:52 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:09:10 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:07:10 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:51:57 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:43:48 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Is fascism worse than communism?

Not by a long shot. Fascism could actually work under the right conditions. Communism cant work, at all.

And just why is that?

The short and sweet? Because fascism has produced some of our world's most economically and diplomatically productive states, while communism has failed to even function in practice.

Short and sweet usually isn't good when explaining why a political ideology isn't effective.

I really dont have time to type out a full explanation, it would come to about 10 pages. Do you have any critique besides length of argument?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 11:24:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 11:00:03 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:10:52 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:09:10 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:07:10 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:51:57 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:43:48 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Is fascism worse than communism?

Not by a long shot. Fascism could actually work under the right conditions. Communism cant work, at all.

And just why is that?

The short and sweet? Because fascism has produced some of our world's most economically and diplomatically productive states, while communism has failed to even function in practice.

Short and sweet usually isn't good when explaining why a political ideology isn't effective.

I really dont have time to type out a full explanation, it would come to about 10 pages. Do you have any critique besides length of argument?

If you have 10 pages of information on why communism doesn't work, why don't you share a little more than 1 sentence? That's a lot of unknown rationale...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 11:28:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 11:24:34 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 11:00:03 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:10:52 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:09:10 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:07:10 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:51:57 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:43:48 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Is fascism worse than communism?

Not by a long shot. Fascism could actually work under the right conditions. Communism cant work, at all.

And just why is that?

The short and sweet? Because fascism has produced some of our world's most economically and diplomatically productive states, while communism has failed to even function in practice.

Short and sweet usually isn't good when explaining why a political ideology isn't effective.

I really dont have time to type out a full explanation, it would come to about 10 pages. Do you have any critique besides length of argument?

If you have 10 pages of information on why communism doesn't work, why don't you share a little more than 1 sentence? That's a lot of unknown rationale...

I did not mean that i have ten pages of explanation at hand ready to go. I mean that if I were to go into a detailed argument, I could easily make a ten page essay out of it.

I am a busy man, and if I an going to spend time typing a paper i would much rather do it on something that I actually have to do in college, not on a side project.

I repeat my question. Do you have any legitimate critique of the argument I made?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 11:32:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 11:28:27 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 11:24:34 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 11:00:03 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:10:52 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:09:10 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:07:10 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:51:57 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:43:48 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Is fascism worse than communism?

Not by a long shot. Fascism could actually work under the right conditions. Communism cant work, at all.

And just why is that?

The short and sweet? Because fascism has produced some of our world's most economically and diplomatically productive states, while communism has failed to even function in practice.

Short and sweet usually isn't good when explaining why a political ideology isn't effective.

I really dont have time to type out a full explanation, it would come to about 10 pages. Do you have any critique besides length of argument?

If you have 10 pages of information on why communism doesn't work, why don't you share a little more than 1 sentence? That's a lot of unknown rationale...

I did not mean that i have ten pages of explanation at hand ready to go. I mean that if I were to go into a detailed argument, I could easily make a ten page essay out of it.

I am a busy man, and if I an going to spend time typing a paper i would much rather do it on something that I actually have to do in college, not on a side project.

I repeat my question. Do you have any legitimate critique of the argument I made?

You have no explanation. I'd say that's a damn legitimate critique of your argument.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 11:33:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 11:32:08 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 11:28:27 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 11:24:34 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 11:00:03 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:10:52 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:09:10 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:07:10 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:51:57 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:43:48 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Is fascism worse than communism?

Not by a long shot. Fascism could actually work under the right conditions. Communism cant work, at all.

And just why is that?

The short and sweet? Because fascism has produced some of our world's most economically and diplomatically productive states, while communism has failed to even function in practice.

Short and sweet usually isn't good when explaining why a political ideology isn't effective.

I really dont have time to type out a full explanation, it would come to about 10 pages. Do you have any critique besides length of argument?

If you have 10 pages of information on why communism doesn't work, why don't you share a little more than 1 sentence? That's a lot of unknown rationale...

I did not mean that i have ten pages of explanation at hand ready to go. I mean that if I were to go into a detailed argument, I could easily make a ten page essay out of it.

I am a busy man, and if I an going to spend time typing a paper i would much rather do it on something that I actually have to do in college, not on a side project.

I repeat my question. Do you have any legitimate critique of the argument I made?

You have no explanation. I'd say that's a damn legitimate critique of your argument.

I would say that "One has worked well in the past, the other didnt" is pretty self explanatory.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 11:37:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 11:33:37 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 11:32:08 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 11:28:27 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 11:24:34 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 11:00:03 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:10:52 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:09:10 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:07:10 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:51:57 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:43:48 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Is fascism worse than communism?

Not by a long shot. Fascism could actually work under the right conditions. Communism cant work, at all.

And just why is that?

The short and sweet? Because fascism has produced some of our world's most economically and diplomatically productive states, while communism has failed to even function in practice.

Short and sweet usually isn't good when explaining why a political ideology isn't effective.

I really dont have time to type out a full explanation, it would come to about 10 pages. Do you have any critique besides length of argument?

If you have 10 pages of information on why communism doesn't work, why don't you share a little more than 1 sentence? That's a lot of unknown rationale...

I did not mean that i have ten pages of explanation at hand ready to go. I mean that if I were to go into a detailed argument, I could easily make a ten page essay out of it.

I am a busy man, and if I an going to spend time typing a paper i would much rather do it on something that I actually have to do in college, not on a side project.

I repeat my question. Do you have any legitimate critique of the argument I made?

You have no explanation. I'd say that's a damn legitimate critique of your argument.

I would say that "One has worked well in the past, the other didnt" is pretty self explanatory.

I would say that it is a little more complex than that
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 11:38:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 11:37:36 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 11:33:37 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 11:32:08 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 11:28:27 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 11:24:34 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 11:00:03 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:10:52 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:09:10 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:07:10 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:51:57 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:43:48 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Is fascism worse than communism?

Not by a long shot. Fascism could actually work under the right conditions. Communism cant work, at all.

And just why is that?

The short and sweet? Because fascism has produced some of our world's most economically and diplomatically productive states, while communism has failed to even function in practice.

Short and sweet usually isn't good when explaining why a political ideology isn't effective.

I really dont have time to type out a full explanation, it would come to about 10 pages. Do you have any critique besides length of argument?

If you have 10 pages of information on why communism doesn't work, why don't you share a little more than 1 sentence? That's a lot of unknown rationale...

I did not mean that i have ten pages of explanation at hand ready to go. I mean that if I were to go into a detailed argument, I could easily make a ten page essay out of it.

I am a busy man, and if I an going to spend time typing a paper i would much rather do it on something that I actually have to do in college, not on a side project.

I repeat my question. Do you have any legitimate critique of the argument I made?

You have no explanation. I'd say that's a damn legitimate critique of your argument.

I would say that "One has worked well in the past, the other didnt" is pretty self explanatory.

I would say that it is a little more complex than that

I agree. It is a lot more complex than that. But I am frankly not in the mood to spend hours explaining it in all its nuance.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 11:43:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 11:38:58 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 11:37:36 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 11:33:37 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 11:32:08 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 11:28:27 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 11:24:34 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 11:00:03 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:10:52 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:09:10 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:07:10 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:51:57 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:43:48 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Is fascism worse than communism?

Not by a long shot. Fascism could actually work under the right conditions. Communism cant work, at all.

And just why is that?

The short and sweet? Because fascism has produced some of our world's most economically and diplomatically productive states, while communism has failed to even function in practice.

Short and sweet usually isn't good when explaining why a political ideology isn't effective.

I really dont have time to type out a full explanation, it would come to about 10 pages. Do you have any critique besides length of argument?

If you have 10 pages of information on why communism doesn't work, why don't you share a little more than 1 sentence? That's a lot of unknown rationale...

I did not mean that i have ten pages of explanation at hand ready to go. I mean that if I were to go into a detailed argument, I could easily make a ten page essay out of it.

I am a busy man, and if I an going to spend time typing a paper i would much rather do it on something that I actually have to do in college, not on a side project.

I repeat my question. Do you have any legitimate critique of the argument I made?

You have no explanation. I'd say that's a damn legitimate critique of your argument.

I would say that "One has worked well in the past, the other didnt" is pretty self explanatory.

I would say that it is a little more complex than that

I agree. It is a lot more complex than that. But I am frankly not in the mood to spend hours explaining it in all its nuance.

Alrighty then
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 11:57:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 10:16:46 PM, Chimera wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:43:48 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Is fascism worse than communism?

Yes. Far worse.

Fascism is a union between state and corporate power, everything is done within the interests of the ruling classes. The majority of society is coerced through violence to act according to the ruling class's standards.

Communism on the other hand, is simply a stateless, classless, moneyless society, where the workers have control of the means of production. Communism as a whole has only occurred in some instances of society. Instances of communism in practice include parts of Revolutionary Catalonia, the Free Territory, the Shimnin autonomous region, some aspects of the Paris commune, some aspects of the kibbutzim in early Israel (if you subtract the nationalist, Zionist elements) and certain communes during the 1956 Hungarian Revolution are all examples of communism in practice, and were overall successful. In fact, Revolutionary Catalonia was one of the largest socialist reovlutions (it is believed 8 million people participated) to overall succeed, and form a working, productive, socialist society.

The only way I see communism as being dangerous isn't in it's practice, but in some of the unsuccessful methods that were made towards acheiving it. Specifically, the blunders and catastrophes made in Russia, Cuba, China, Vietnam, and the other major socialist states of the 20th century (mainly due to vanguardism, which promotes a revolutionary 'vanguard' taking control of the administrative capacities of the state, all in the 'interests of the proletariat'. What garbage.). Fascism however, actively promotes radical violence towards dissent within it's own ideology. Which is far more dangerous.

Yeah I agree. I think fascism is when the rich are favored, yes?