Total Posts:151|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Tea Party Racists?

FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 10:24:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I may be no conservative but I had never thought of the tea partiers as being racists like everyone was calling them. But I just went to a meeting for tea partiers today and my mind has been changed on that matter. One man ranted about how there were no white people working at a McDonald's he went to and is now boycotting McDonald's for it, the crowd cheered him. Another man declared that he was "proud to be apart of this mob of angry white folk!", the crowd also cheered him. I just stayed quite in the back with my face in my palm. Your thoughts?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 10:28:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/13/2010 10:24:32 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I may be no conservative but I had never thought of the tea partiers as being racists like everyone was calling them. But I just went to a meeting for tea partiers today and my mind has been changed on that matter. One man ranted about how there were no white people working at a McDonald's he went to and is now boycotting McDonald's for it, the crowd cheered him. Another man declared that he was "proud to be apart of this mob of angry white folk!", the crowd also cheered him. I just stayed quite in the back with my face in my palm. Your thoughts?

How come I can't find these Tea Parties?
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 10:31:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I wouldn't say all Tea Partiers are racists, but FiveThirtyEight got some data recently which doesn't pain a pretty picture about the more extremist ones:

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com...
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 10:46:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/13/2010 10:28:42 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 4/13/2010 10:24:32 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I may be no conservative but I had never thought of the tea partiers as being racists like everyone was calling them. But I just went to a meeting for tea partiers today and my mind has been changed on that matter. One man ranted about how there were no white people working at a McDonald's he went to and is now boycotting McDonald's for it, the crowd cheered him. Another man declared that he was "proud to be apart of this mob of angry white folk!", the crowd also cheered him. I just stayed quite in the back with my face in my palm. Your thoughts?

How come I can't find these Tea Parties?

Maybe cause the movement is not that big in Connecticut. There's actually a lot of rural area in California, where I am.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 10:59:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/13/2010 10:24:32 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Your thoughts?

The Tea Party has been diluted from its original state of a libertarian movement (or so I've heard) to being just another Republican organization.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 11:20:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/13/2010 10:24:32 PM, FREEDO wrote:
One man ranted about how there were no white people working at a McDonald's he went to and is now boycotting McDonald's for it, the crowd cheered him. Another man declared that he was "proud to be apart of this mob of angry white folk!", the crowd also cheered him. I just stayed quite in the back with my face in my palm. Your thoughts?

The first part is pretty racist but the second part doesn't seem racist necessarily, I think if you were to give a generous interpretation of it you could just saying it to polemical.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 1:57:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/13/2010 10:24:32 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I may be no conservative but I had never thought of the tea partiers as being racists like everyone was calling them. But I just went to a meeting for tea partiers today and my mind has been changed on that matter. One man ranted about how there were no white people working at a McDonald's he went to and is now boycotting McDonald's for it, the crowd cheered him. Another man declared that he was "proud to be apart of this mob of angry white folk!", the crowd also cheered him. I just stayed quite in the back with my face in my palm. Your thoughts?

Since when is McDonalds deprived of whites?Anyone is able to work at McDonald's. I think that alot of these people are just showing their true colors, and how scared they are that their way of life is being threatened.

It is interesting seeing alot of people stand behind these clowns when they are actually so ignorant to the fact that the GOP is exploiting them to the fullest. I know that some are really for the cause but they are allowing themselves to be galvanized by the likes of Sarah Palin. This is another diversion by the GOP to arouse anger, and deflect the fact that they are in part fault to the economic crash.

Public opinion will hang these tea party activists after awhile. I am excited they are getting exposed for the farce they are.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 1:59:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/13/2010 10:59:03 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 4/13/2010 10:24:32 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Your thoughts?

The Tea Party has been diluted from its original state of a libertarian movement (or so I've heard) to being just another Republican organization.

I read that the GOP jumped on the bandwagon after the fact. Their cause is being exploited by some really misguided people.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 2:00:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/13/2010 11:20:01 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 4/13/2010 10:24:32 PM, FREEDO wrote:
One man ranted about how there were no white people working at a McDonald's he went to and is now boycotting McDonald's for it, the crowd cheered him. Another man declared that he was "proud to be apart of this mob of angry white folk!", the crowd also cheered him. I just stayed quite in the back with my face in my palm. Your thoughts?

The first part is pretty racist but the second part doesn't seem racist necessarily, I think if you were to give a generous interpretation of it you could just saying it to polemical.

Racism is racism, there is no degree of racism. Either you don't like someone or you don't.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 3:42:29 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/14/2010 1:59:05 PM, kelly224 wrote:
At 4/13/2010 10:59:03 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 4/13/2010 10:24:32 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Your thoughts?

The Tea Party has been diluted from its original state of a libertarian movement (or so I've heard) to being just another Republican organization.

I read that the GOP jumped on the bandwagon after the fact. Their cause is being exploited by some really misguided people.

That's pretty much it. The Tea Party gained recognition as an actual grassroots movement, and so the Republicans attempted to take it over (they're succeeding) so they have the same image. The Coffee Party was the Democrat's version of this whole affair, with the small exception that they actually made it themselves and put Obama's former campaign manager to organize the thing. Well, maybe not so small. The fake piece of crap probably failed because the public found out about that.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 3:51:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/14/2010 2:00:45 PM, kelly224 wrote:
Racism is racism, there is no degree of racism.

sure there is. i could seriously hate blacks or asians or whatever and plan ways to lynch them in my free time or i could mildly disdain them and avoid associating with them whenever possible. both racist, but at least the second attitude accords them human rights :P
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 4:02:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Did you not hear about the Tea Partyers who were screaming the N word and the F word slurs at Democratic congressmen, Freedo?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 4:24:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/14/2010 4:02:39 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Did you not hear about the Tea Partyers who were screaming the N word and the F word slurs at Democratic congressmen, Freedo?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Lol, I forget who but I heard one republican doubts it actually happened and was offering a reward to anyone who can provide proof of that claim. (-_-)
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 4:31:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/14/2010 4:24:12 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 4/14/2010 4:02:39 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Did you not hear about the Tea Partyers who were screaming the N word and the F word slurs at Democratic congressmen, Freedo?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Lol, I forget who but I heard one republican doubts it actually happened and was offering a reward to anyone who can provide proof of that claim. (-_-)

I've seen that too, I think. I can't say that the person is republican though. I can't remember where that page is though; I tried to find it earlier.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 4:40:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/14/2010 4:24:12 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

Lol, I forget who but I heard one republican doubts it actually happened and was offering a reward to anyone who can provide proof of that claim. (-_-)

Good ol' TexASS.

http://blackchristiannews.com...
President of DDO
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 4:46:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/14/2010 4:02:39 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Did you not hear about the Tea Partyers who were screaming the N word and the F word slurs at Democratic congressmen, Freedo?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Oh no! Don't insult the politicians!
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 4:50:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/13/2010 10:24:32 PM, FREEDO wrote:
One man ranted about how there were no white people working at a McDonald's he went to and is now boycotting McDonald's for it, the crowd cheered him.

If McDonalds were actually applying affirmative aciton policies to discriminate against whites in their hiring practices, this guy would have a legitimate reason to boycott. It sure seemed justified when black people protested discrimination against black people. Whether or not this mono-race employment is coincidence or not, I have no idea.
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 4:52:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/14/2010 4:46:43 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 4/14/2010 4:02:39 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Did you not hear about the Tea Partyers who were screaming the N word and the F word slurs at Democratic congressmen, Freedo?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Oh no! Don't insult the politicians!

You're incredibly naive.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 4:52:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/14/2010 4:51:33 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
http://simmerdown3.files.wordpress.com...

What's wrong with that? People compared George Bush to a monkey.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 4:53:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/14/2010 4:52:13 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
You're incredibly naive.

In what way?
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 4:54:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/14/2010 4:52:47 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 4/14/2010 4:51:33 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
http://simmerdown3.files.wordpress.com...

What's wrong with that? People compared George Bush to a monkey.

Do you not know that Monkey is a racist term for black people? Again, naive.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 4:55:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/14/2010 4:54:28 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Do you not know that Monkey is a racist term for black people? Again, naive.

It can be sure. It can also be used as an epithet for incompetent politicians.

I think you're seeing things that aren't there.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 4:56:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/14/2010 4:53:07 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 4/14/2010 4:52:13 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
You're incredibly naive.

In what way?

The question of this thread was if the Tea Party members were racist. I showed how they were. Racist + homophobic slurs aren't a proper way of demonstration. No one takes you seriously. They just think of you as a piece of ignorant, backwards sh1t.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 4:58:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/14/2010 4:55:47 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 4/14/2010 4:54:28 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Do you not know that Monkey is a racist term for black people? Again, naive.

It can be sure. It can also be used as an epithet for incompetent politicians.



I think you're seeing things that aren't there.

Ok, even if I MAYBE give you that one (I don't think that's what the sign really meant, but ok) - you can't deny the other signs or slurs used against congressmen.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 4:59:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/14/2010 4:56:55 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
The question of this thread was if the Tea Party members were racist. I showed how they were.

Some are, hell yea.

No one takes you seriously. They just think of you as a piece of ignorant, backwards sh1t.

They do?
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 5:09:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/14/2010 5:06:55 PM, Volkov wrote:
Apparently the Tea Party is nothing but a front for Republican PACs: http://www.politico.com...

I called it.

Looks like an elderly bus tour of the countryside. ^^
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 5:30:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/14/2010 5:06:55 PM, Volkov wrote:
Apparently the Tea Party is nothing but a front for Republican PACs: http://www.politico.com...

I called it.

GOP operatives crash the tea party

Did you even read past the first word of the title?