Jump to topic:

Tea Parties

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 7:28:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Went to my first Tea Party rally today, and it was interesting (pics will be coming later, though my camera died 1/2 way).

Needless to say, I am by no stretch of the imagination a supporter of tea party political ideals, or a supporter of the constitution.

But, because many people say that the tea party people are nothing but racists, and other say that they are all great american patriots, I figured the only honest thing to do would be to go and see for myself.

Which I did.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 7:32:31 PM
At 4/15/2010 7:28:03 PM, OreEle wrote:
Went to my first Tea Party rally today, and it was interesting (pics will be coming later, though my camera died 1/2 way).

Needless to say, I am by no stretch of the imagination a supporter... or a supporter of the constitution.

I am!

But, because many people say that the tea party people are nothing but racists, and other say that they are all great american patriots, I figured the only honest thing to do would be to go and see for myself.

Which I did.

So... Are they crazy or just zealous?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 7:36:26 PM
There were about 100 people at the rally in Tigard (the second largest in the Portland area, they choose to split into about 15 over passes instead of one big rally).

They really didn't provide anything more then talking points (save the constitution, throw the bums out, make them listen, lower taxes and spending...) but provided no real meat or ideas on how to reach said talking points. But there was no racism. There wasn't even anything that could be stretched to being racist.

They seemed most upset about taxes and spending and rights and freedoms. Not so much immagration or anything (healthcare came up a bit as far as issues go).

But really they just seemed to be rallying the members up in front of the public. This both energizes the people that already follow as well as gets the view out to those that aren't current followers.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 7:39:17 PM
At 4/15/2010 7:32:31 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 4/15/2010 7:28:03 PM, OreEle wrote:

Needless to say, I am by no stretch of the imagination a supporter... or a supporter of the constitution.

I am!

Which I did.

So... Are they crazy or just zealous?

Being in Oregon, there isn't too much of any racism (there is some tension amoung hispanics here, but it's not too bad), I didn't expect to come across any crazies here.

There were some people that made some "unique" signs, but the people that wore/held them didn't seem mad, but more frustrated. They talked and laughed with each other.
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 8:27:29 PM
Yes, talking points is really the foundation of the teabag movement, there really is no substance beneath the one-liners and rhetoric.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 8:28:05 PM
At 4/15/2010 8:27:29 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
Yes, talking points is really the foundation of the teabag movement, there really is no substance beneath the one-liners and rhetoric.

Irony.
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 8:30:38 PM
At 4/15/2010 8:28:05 PM, Nags wrote:

Irony.

lol damn, you beat me to it
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 8:37:02 PM

That is the only problem I see with them. They need true direction. I only see Ron Paul as that man. He has answers, some seem unrealistic but at least they make some sense.

I also like Judge Andrew Napolitano.

Palin
Newt

None have really good answers in my book.

Mitt, I don't like his foreign policy and a few other things.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 8:42:02 PM
At 4/15/2010 8:37:02 PM, comoncents wrote:
I also like Judge Andrew Napolitano.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran