Middle East

frbnsn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 4:30:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
According to you,
Is Israel rightful that it bombs Palestine and kills thousends of people?
Is Israel rightful that it occupies Palestinian territories?
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 5:18:45 AM
At 10/18/2014 4:30:26 AM, frbnsn wrote:
According to you,

I find it truly amazing that people are willing to believe that Israel is somehow innocent despite being a military aggressor with a stunning tally of civilian casualties. According to me neither are justified. In fact even according to international law Israel's actions have not been justified.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 7:53:25 AM
According to you,

wtf question is this?

Israel claims that they were the first inhabitants (according to the bible..) so if we play the same game we should expel all americans and australians to europe. russians to belarus. fair enough ha?
Never fart near dog
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 12:51:59 PM
According to you,

Ahem, which "thousands of people" are you referring to exactly?

This most recent conflict (OPE) was, as usual, instigated by Hamas. Three Israeli teenagers were kidnapped and killed, then, Hamas began firing a barrage of rockets and mortar shells into Israeli territory.

In addition, (this is what really caused Israel to respond) they made a number of attempts to infiltrate and attack Israeli villages. The most note-worthy being Kibbutz Sufa, when a large amount of armed Hamas terroists came through a tunnel to attack Israeli residents.

This particular incident lead to a discovery of a vast and extensive underground tunnel network within Gaza, overall around 35 tunnels were destroyed. They were ALL built in civilian neighbourhoods and under civilian homes.

As for so-called occupied territories, you should expound on that one. Gaza was given to Palestinian Arabs, as was the West Bank. The Golan Heights has to be under Israeli control for security reasons.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 12:55:44 PM
At 10/18/2014 5:18:45 AM, Wocambs wrote:
According to you,

I find it truly amazing that people are willing to believe that Israel is somehow innocent despite being a military aggressor with a stunning tally of civilian casualties. According to me neither are justified. In fact even according to international law Israel's actions have not been justified.

Do you actually know anything about "international law"?

Israel is also not the "aggressor". Hamas starts conflicts firing rockets at civilian areas, and using tunnels to attack Israeli towns. Over 4500 rockets have been fired into Israel this year (western calender) alone.

Is that not a little "aggressive" by your standards?
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 1:00:53 PM
At 10/18/2014 7:53:25 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
According to you,

wtf question is this?

Israel claims that they were the first inhabitants (according to the bible..) so if we play the same game we should expel all americans and australians to europe. russians to belarus. fair enough ha?

Not according to the bible, according to history. Hebrews were in the land of Israel before any Arabs. Hence why there's so much Jewish archaeology around the place.

Israel was renamed "Palestine" by the Romans during their occupation. The name is Latin. It has never, in history, been an Arab nation. In fact the indigenous Jews of Israel were referred to as "Palestinians" themselves.

POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 1:18:50 PM
At 10/18/2014 1:00:53 PM, Emilrose wrote:
According to you,

wtf question is this?

Not according to the bible, according to history. Hebrews were in the land of Israel before any Arabs. Hence why there's so much Jewish archaeology around the place.

Israel was renamed "Palestine" by the Romans during their occupation. The name is Latin. It has never, in history, been an Arab nation. In fact the indigenous Jews of Israel were referred to as "Palestinians" themselves.

so if you play this game "who was first" why not apply it to all nations on earth? or who was before the jews in israel? why stand for "justice" only for israel? why not include the americans or australia? russia? the muslims ruled spain for 800 years why not give them back "their lands" and you know according to the tradition ahraham is the father of the arabs (ishmeal) and the hebrews (Isaac) so they are from the same family. so the same people fighting over the same land. secondly majory of the jews in israel dont really believe in the bible (leave God to the argument).

justice in my opinion is if any nation need to a country, let israel be a country in germany land because they killed and burned million of jews, so let them take a land from them as swift justice, and not come to palistane to kill the palestinian people as the same what the germans did to them. that is justice...
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 1:34:35 PM
At 10/18/2014 12:55:44 PM, Emilrose wrote:
According to you,

Israel is also not the "aggressor". Hamas starts conflicts firing rockets at civilian areas, and using tunnels to attack Israeli towns. Over 4500 rockets have been fired into Israel this year (western calender) alone.

"4000" wow sounds like israel is no more there!! their rockets are like a piece of sh1t hitting 99%+ open areas. how many pelastianins killed by israel? 1,663Injured? 9,713.

ohh where is the comparision? there isnt. im not with both sides i think both are stupid teaching their own citizens to hate each other. brainwashing the masses. but you know the more damage one side has, the anger and frustration will go with it, so if israel bombs up whole families, the survived children seeing their family bombed in to pieces what you think they will send you presents and hugs? im sick of people trying to justify killing people. disgusting. if you really have feelings for childrens in israel you would automatically feel the same thing about people in Gaza but brainwashing doing a great job.
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 1:36:19 PM
At 10/18/2014 1:34:35 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
According to you,

"4000" wow sounds like israel is no more there!! their rockets are like a piece of sh1t hitting 99%+ open areas. how many pelastianins killed by israel? 1,663Injured? 9,713.

ohh where is the comparision? there isnt. im not with both sides i think both are stupid teaching their own citizens to hate each other. brainwashing the masses. but you know the more damage one side has, the anger and frustration will go with it, so if israel bombs up whole families, the survived children seeing their family bombed in to pieces what you think they will send you presents and hugs? im sick of people trying to justify killing people. disgusting. if you really have feelings for childrens in israel you would automatically feel the same thing about people in Gaza but brainwashing doing a great job.

in israel died only 8********* compare to 1,663 and Injured 9,713.
Never fart near dog
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 2:12:48 PM
According to you,

It is certainly wrong to bomb civilians, which is exactly why it's wrong when Israel does it. What I know about international law is that it is illegal to occupy the territory of others and build settlements on that territory, which is what Israel does. It is also a crime to bomb and blockade civilians. It is acknowledged in the mainstream by any reputable expert that Israel's actions are illegal.

"The International Court of Justice,[2] the UN General Assembly[3] and the United Nations Security Council regards Israel as the "Occupying Power".[5] UN Special Rapporteur Richard Falk called Israel"s occupation "an affront to international law."[6] The Israeli High Court of Justice has ruled that Israel holds the West Bank under "belligerent occupation".[7] According to Talia Sasson, the High Court of Justice in Israel, with a variety of different justices sitting, has repeatedly stated for more than 4 decades that Israel"s presence in the West Bank is in violation of international law.[8]"
http://en.wikipedia.org...

"The international community considers the settlements in occupied territory to be illegal,[9] and the United Nations has repeatedly upheld the view that Israel's construction of settlements constitutes a violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention.[10][11] Israeli neighborhoods in East Jerusalem and communities in the Golan Heights, areas which have been annexed by Israel, are also considered settlements by the international community, which does not recognise Israel's annexations of these territories.[12] The International Court of Justice also says these settlements are illegal in a 2004 advisory opinion.[13][14][15] In April 2012, UN secretary general Ban Ki-Moon, in response to moves by Israel to legalise Israeli outposts, reiterated that all settlement activity is illegal, and "runs contrary to Israel's obligations under the Road Map and repeated Quartet calls for the parties to refrain from provocations."[16]"

The attacks on Israel must be viewed in the context of Israel's aggression towards those who carry out the attacks. The actions of both sides are reprehensible, but Israel has shown little interest in achieving peace; instead it continues to expand its occupation of foreign territories.
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 2:27:20 PM
According to you,

Sorry, I didn't realise you were Israeli. I have an Israeli friend and she also seems to generally support your governments approach, but I really think that the situation is being misrepresented to you by a government which isn't acting in the interests of its people or of justice. Meron Benvenisti described the settlement project as a "commercial real estate project that conscripts Zionist rhetoric for profit", and I think it also has a lot to do with the US wanting more power in the Middle East. This isn't about hating Israel or 'sympathising' with Hamas but more recognising that governments don't always do what is right. Many Western governments are guilty of the same kind of attitude, but we are too far away to be attacked, and I am truly sorry the same cannot be said for you.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 4:07:14 PM
At 10/18/2014 2:12:48 PM, Wocambs wrote:
According to you,

It is certainly wrong to bomb civilians, which is exactly why it's wrong when Israel does it. What I know about international law is that it is illegal to occupy the territory of others and build settlements on that territory, which is what Israel does. It is also a crime to bomb and blockade civilians. It is acknowledged in the mainstream by any reputable expert that Israel's actions are illegal.

"The International Court of Justice,[2] the UN General Assembly[3] and the United Nations Security Council regards Israel as the "Occupying Power".[5] UN Special Rapporteur Richard Falk called Israel"s occupation "an affront to international law."[6] The Israeli High Court of Justice has ruled that Israel holds the West Bank under "belligerent occupation".[7] According to Talia Sasson, the High Court of Justice in Israel, with a variety of different justices sitting, has repeatedly stated for more than 4 decades that Israel"s presence in the West Bank is in violation of international law.[8]"

"The international community considers the settlements in occupied territory to be illegal,[9] and the United Nations has repeatedly upheld the view that Israel's construction of settlements constitutes a violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention.[10][11] Israeli neighborhoods in East Jerusalem and communities in the Golan Heights, areas which have been annexed by Israel, are also considered settlements by the international community, which does not recognise Israel's annexations of these territories.[12] The International Court of Justice also says these settlements are illegal in a 2004 advisory opinion.[13][14][15] In April 2012, UN secretary general Ban Ki-Moon, in response to moves by Israel to legalise Israeli outposts, reiterated that all settlement activity is illegal, and "runs contrary to Israel's obligations under the Road Map and repeated Quartet calls for the parties to refrain from provocations."[16]"

The attacks on Israel must be viewed in the context of Israel's aggression towards those who carry out the attacks. The actions of both sides are reprehensible, but Israel has shown little interest in achieving peace; instead it continues to expand its occupation of foreign territories.

1.) Israel does not "bomb civilians". In fact before every potential airstrike residents of Gaza are pre-warned and advised to take shelter in safer areas. The Israel Defence Forces distributes leaflets, makes phone calls, and sends text messages to ALL places and people in possible danger. No other army in the world does this.

The issue is that Hamas demands (there's recorded evidence) demands that its people stay within their homes and ignore the IDF's messages. It teaches and enforces the "martyrdom" method of fighting and employs the use of human shields.

2.) The "blockade" (or rather "control") is a security method emplaced to prevent terroist attacks from Hamas and other extremist fractions from within Gaza. The reason why Hamas built a network of underground tunnels was so they could infiltrate Israel and attacks its citizens. Egypt also one.

3.) These alleged "illegal territories" are not entirely based on legal fact. Gaza, for example, is a Palestinian territory that is governed by Hamas. The West Bank, is also a Palestinian territory that is governed by Fatah. The rest is invariably governed by what is Palestinian authority. The Jerusalem Israeli settlements are built on non-defined territories.

The lines drawn up between Israeli territory (in East Israel) and Palestinian territory are in fact ONLY United Nations armistice. Which thus means they are not officially or legally estabished and do not count in a legal settting.

Moreover, Israel technically and by rights won certain parts of Jerusalem during the six day war, which was initiated by Arabs.

Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 4:35:55 PM
According to you,

Haha, looks like someone needs to take an education; you are completely ignorant. The rockets and missiles that Hamas send over are largely Syrian and Iranian made. Entire homes in the South have been demolished. In the previous conflict, rockets were able to hit all the way to northern Israel. Not exactly "piece of sh1t"!

The reason why Israel has the Irnon Dome (which costs a huge amount) is because Hamas rockets KIll people, and are fired at civilian areas.

Material_Girl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 4:46:31 PM
Nope. But Hamas is awful as well. I'm sick of the right wing pretending that Israel is this benevolent protector of the Middle East from teh terrorists!!1!!, but just as sick of the left wing, including groups I sympathise with, painting Hamas as the struggling leaders of the people of an oppressed nation just trying to help and protect its workers. However, I am really pleased that Sweden has recognised Palestinian statehood. This is a step towards the two state solution that every government pretends to want.
http://commissaress.wordpress.com...

Political Compass
Economic Left: -10.00
Social Libertarian: -7.13

Yes, I am an evil godless commie.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 4:51:52 PM
At 10/18/2014 1:18:50 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
According to you,

wtf question is this?

so if you play this game "who was first" why not apply it to all nations on earth? or who was before the jews in israel? why stand for "justice" only for israel? why not include the americans or australia? russia? the muslims ruled spain for 800 years why not give them back "their lands" and you know according to the tradition ahraham is the father of the arabs (ishmeal) and the hebrews (Isaac) so they are from the same family. so the same people fighting over the same land. secondly majory of the jews in israel dont really believe in the bible (leave God to the argument).

justice in my opinion is if any nation need to a country, let israel be a country in germany land because they killed and burned million of jews, so let them take a land from them as swift justice, and not come to palistane to kill the palestinian people as the same what the germans did to them. that is justice...

That's not the point. Israel has always had a Jewish connection. Even after Roman exile, Jews returned to the land. Ancient buildins and artefacts offer proof of this. Historical findings also show that Judaism has consistently been the most prominent religion in Israel, and that Jews; were generally always the majority. Before the 1920's it was found that Judaism was Palestine's first most practiced religion, with Christianity as second and Islam as last.

And btw, it's not just Ashkenazi Jews that returned to Israel. It was Sephardi and Mizrahi! To claim that Jews are doing what the Nazi's did to them is also astounding. Both in the factual and moral sense.

Do Jews burn Arabs (alive) in ovens? No.

Do they put them in gas chambers? No.

Do they collectively round them and put them in concentration camps where they starved and forced to endure disease and severe malnutrition? No.

Do they burn Arab babies? No.

Do they hold riots against Arabs? No.

There is absolutely no comparison.

In response to another uneducated comment of yours, not that many Arabs lived in Israel prior to its establishment. The vast majority came under British rule and then while the state was being cultivated and formed. I suggest you look at the 1920's to 1940's demographics, which shows a large Arab migration to Israel. The only real inhabited areas of Israel were places like Jerusalem, and even they were mostly Jews.

Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 5:01:54 PM
At 10/18/2014 4:07:14 PM, Emilrose wrote:
1.) Israel does not "bomb civilians". In fact before every potential airstrike residents of Gaza are pre-warned and advised to take shelter in safer areas. The Israel Defence Forces distributes leaflets, makes phone calls, and sends text messages to ALL places and people in possible danger. No other army in the world does this.

The issue is that Hamas demands (there's recorded evidence) demands that its people stay within their homes and ignore the IDF's messages. It teaches and enforces the "martyrdom" method of fighting and employs the use of human shields.

As far as I am aware there is no evidence that Hamas ever actually forces people to stay in areas where they will be hit. They may certainly encourage it, but I don't even see that as wrong. If that is true, then either they aren't being warned, they can't move, they don't trust the warnings, or they are actually willing to die in an act of non-violent resistance. None of these possibilities absolve the Israeli government.

2.) The "blockade" (or rather "control") is a security method emplaced to prevent terroist attacks from Hamas and other extremist fractions from within Gaza. The reason why Hamas built a network of underground tunnels was so they could infiltrate Israel and attacks its citizens. Egypt also one.

I understand that, but it cripples the Gazan economy and according to the UN Human Rights Council it constitutes a collective punishment of the Gazan people for electing Hamas. It is a significant cause of the terrible conditions the people face in Gaza.

3.) These alleged "illegal territories" are not entirely based on legal fact. Gaza, for example, is a Palestinian territory that is governed by Hamas. The West Bank, is also a Palestinian territory that is governed by Fatah. The rest is invariably governed by what is Palestinian authority. The Jerusalem Israeli settlements are built on non-defined territories.

The lines drawn up between Israeli territory (in East Israel) and Palestinian territory are in fact ONLY United Nations armistice. Which thus means they are not officially or legally estabished and do not count in a legal settting.

Moreover, Israel technically and by rights won certain parts of Jerusalem during the six day war, which was initiated by Arabs.

If this is the case then why do experts continually condemn the occupation as illegal, including your own justice system? To my knowledge, your government continues to expand its territory. It continues to remove Arabs from their homes and build settlements in their place.

I honestly don't understand what you think the solution to these problems should be. It seems that the only conditions that America and Israel will accept is total obedience from the Palestinians. Do you think the Palestinians are so evil that they mindlessly commit violence against you? I don't think the actions of your government are in the pursuit of mindless violence but in the pursuit of power and money. I don't think you could have these views if you understood things from the Palestinian perspective; Israel has crippled their economy, taken their land, and commits violence against them. It is true that they are also guilty of violence, but it seems to me that Israel is in the position to stop the conflict and the suffering, because, as I said, it seems that the only way for the Palestinians to stop the conflict is to completely submit to whatever Israel wants, which is far too much to ask.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 3:40:12 AM
At 10/18/2014 4:35:55 PM, Emilrose wrote:
According to you,

Haha, looks like someone needs to take an education; you are completely ignorant. The rockets and missiles that Hamas send over are largely Syrian and Iranian made.
Entire homes in the South have been demolished. In the previous conflict, rockets were able to hit all the way to northern Israel. Not exactly "piece of sh1t"!

absolute nonsense. now you talking about Hizballah and trying to confuse between Hamas which is in Gaza and Hizballah in Lebanon. this is what hamas uses http://en.wikipedia.org...

literally piece of sh1t flying only few miles. and who israel ha? one of the most strong militaries in the entire world. wanna see how israel bombs there? https://www.youtube.com...

please watch this i know you are a jewish but do you have any even little feeling for this childrens? https://www.youtube.com...

if you dont have any feelings or trying to justify killings you are piece of sh1t too. these childrens saw their families fathers and mothers bombed in to pieces. what you think if they grow up in the future what they will be come? a peacemakers right? what you would do in such situation?

The reason why Israel has the Irnon Dome (which costs a huge amount) is because Hamas rockets KIll people, and are fired at civilian areas.

this year in israel died 8 people. in gaza 1,663 and Injured 9,713. not talking about the psychological effects it causes to the masses. how you can even justify killing really disgusting, i know the bible always talks about jews killing philistines justified by God maybe it brainwashed you too.
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 4:05:56 AM
At 10/18/2014 4:51:52 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 10/18/2014 1:18:50 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
According to you,

wtf question is this?

That's not the point. Israel has always had a Jewish connection. Even after Roman exile, Jews returned to the land. Ancient buildins and artefacts offer proof of this. Historical findings also show that Judaism has consistently been the most prominent religion in Israel, and that Jews; were generally always the majority. Before the 1920's it was found that Judaism was Palestine's first most practiced religion, with Christianity as second and Islam as last.

where you got your history from? go learn history. islam at last? yeah... im sure your history books you read only comes from israeli schools for childrens.

And btw, it's not just Ashkenazi Jews that returned to Israel. It was Sephardi and Mizrahi! To claim that Jews are doing what the Nazi's did to them is also astounding. Both in the factual and moral sense.

Do Jews burn Arabs (alive) in ovens? No.

Do they put them in gas chambers? No.

Do they collectively round them and put them in concentration camps where they starved and forced to endure disease and severe malnutrition? No.

Do they burn Arab babies? No.

Do they hold riots against Arabs? No.

There is absolutely no comparison.

Ok before you trying to justify killing people of Gaza by bombing them in to pieces, go learn what is happening in Gaza and dont watch TV news from Israel brainwashing cr2p. it story has 2 sides, so now refresh yourself from prejudices jewish mind (everyone has it including me) and look at it like a normal human being for both sides and TAKE YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE ISRAEL NEWS.

In response to another uneducated comment of yours, not that many Arabs lived in Israel prior to its establishment. The vast majority came under British rule and then while the state was being cultivated and formed. I suggest you look at the 1920's to 1940's demographics, which shows a large Arab migration to Israel. The only real inhabited areas of Israel were places like Jerusalem, and even they were mostly Jews.

the muslims have been rulling that land for almost 1400 years untill the british and the french came, and they were the vast majority even in the last moments before the state of israel.

im in favor of Israel it has also the right to be a state like everyone, but you dont go and take whatever you want from other people because you have a "history", if we play that game we should erase every country on the map on earth and draw a new one. looking at israelies they are europeans, in appearnce and blood. how many blonds and blue eyes you have there? russians? the "jews" in israel are whites (which majority dont believe in the bible anyway) the jews originally not white at all, israelis are white as snow ball. you are european and you belong to europe. if you want state take from lands germany they deserve it. peace.
Never fart near dog
frbnsn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 4:51:42 AM
Israel State was established in 1948 with the backing of UN and since then has brought to the Middle East.
If you look at a map of there, it would clearly be seen how insidiously Israel occupy territories of Palestine and try to settle there.
frbnsn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 5:03:22 AM
According to you,

Then, UN must say to Israel 'Stop!';
UN doesn't do its mission or can't do.
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 5:27:43 AM
At 10/20/2014 5:03:22 AM, frbnsn wrote:
According to you,

It can't when the most powerful nation to have ever existed disagrees with it. The UN often near-unanimously condemns US action, and the US just carries on.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 2:41:31 PM
At 10/20/2014 5:27:43 AM, Wocambs wrote:
According to you,

It can't when the most powerful nation to have ever existed disagrees with it. The UN often near-unanimously condemns US action, and the US just carries on.

The UN is ran by corrupt officials.

One striking fact is that after explicitly condemning and accusing Israel of "war crimes", the UN army escape to and find refuge in northern Israel after running away from al-Nusra.

Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 2:52:46 PM
At 10/18/2014 5:01:54 PM, Wocambs wrote:

As far as I am aware there is no evidence that Hamas ever actually forces people to stay in areas where they will be hit. They may certainly encourage it, but I don't even see that as wrong. If that is true, then either they aren't being warned, they can't move, they don't trust the warnings, or they are actually willing to die in an act of non-violent resistance. None of these possibilities absolve the Israeli government.

I understand that, but it cripples the Gazan economy and according to the UN Human Rights Council it constitutes a collective punishment of the Gazan people for electing Hamas. It is a significant cause of the terrible conditions the people face in Gaza.

If this is the case then why do experts continually condemn the occupation as illegal, including your own justice system? To my knowledge, your government continues to expand its territory. It continues to remove Arabs from their homes and build settlements in their place.

I honestly don't understand what you think the solution to these problems should be. It seems that the only conditions that America and Israel will accept is total obedience from the Palestinians. Do you think the Palestinians are so evil that they mindlessly commit violence against you? I don't think the actions of your government are in the pursuit of mindless violence but in the pursuit of power and money. I don't think you could have these views if you understood things from the Palestinian perspective; Israel has crippled their economy, taken their land, and commits violence against them. It is true that they are also guilty of violence, but it seems to me that Israel is in the position to stop the conflict and the suffering, because, as I said, it seems that the only way for the Palestinians to stop the conflict is to completely submit to whatever Israel wants, which is far too much to ask.

So you're stating its not wrong to order your civian population to stay within dangerous areas? Legally, this counts as a war crime.

It seems that you "don't honestly understand" that entire subject.

For example, why is that you think the Israeli government pursues war as a result of financial benefit and gains for power? In you knew anything about war or what it entails; you'd know that it actually costs money. The Iron Dome for instance costs vast amounts to eliminate each rocket and missile. Maintaining an army costs money, distributing leaflets and making phone calls all over Gaza COSTS money.

In no way does it make Israel richer.

In fact, on the contrary to your erroneous claims, the government occasionally receives criticism in Israel for not acting soon or effectively enough. Netanyahu is viewed the exact opposite as he viewed by those who assign to the left-wing fraction in the west.

Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 2:59:06 PM
At 10/18/2014 5:01:54 PM, Wocambs wrote:

I suggest you look at these: (if you're prepared to be non-biased)

(1.) http://m.youtube.com...

(2.) http://m.youtube.com...

The second one in particular is important as it was recorded recently in this years (western calendar) conflict.

dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:43:49 PM
According to you,

The UN is not a legitimate enterprise. The idea that racist pseudo-democracies should be allowed to participate in making world decisions is a colossal joke.
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:45:44 PM
At 10/20/2014 3:43:49 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
According to you,

The UN is not a legitimate enterprise. The idea that racist pseudo-democracies should be allowed to participate in making world decisions is a colossal joke.

So Israel and the USA are the only two countries in the entire world who are not "racist pseudo-democracies"? Oh, and Uzbekistan.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:48:24 PM
At 10/20/2014 3:45:44 PM, Wocambs wrote:
According to you,

So Israel and the USA are the only two countries in the entire world who are not "racist pseudo-democracies"? Oh, and Uzbekistan.

I didn't say that. What I meant is that there is no reason to arbitrarily respect the UN's resolutions, because it's a joke.
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:53:31 PM
At 10/20/2014 3:48:24 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 10/20/2014 3:45:44 PM, Wocambs wrote:
According to you,

I didn't say that. What I meant is that there is no reason to arbitrarily respect the UN's resolutions, because it's a joke.

Do you think it's a joke because the US routinely finds itself in the position where literally everyone in the entire world condemns its actions? E.g. the Helms-Burton Act, Israeli policy. Politics as a whole is a joke so I don't understand how you're differentiating the UN from the rest of the steaming heap of machiavellian bullsh*t.
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:58:47 PM
At 10/20/2014 2:41:31 PM, Emilrose wrote:

If I am biased I don't really know why, or to whom. As I asked previously, what do you think is the solution? It seems the only answer Israel will give to this question is absolute obedience from the Palestinian people, which seems to indicate that Israel thinks it is somehow a completely innocent victim. The demands I make of Israel are the same I make of the Palestinians - cease your aggression.

So you're stating its not wrong to order your civian population to stay within dangerous areas? Legally, this counts as a war crime.

I watched the videos. I did not see Hamas state that they forced people to stand and die, I merely saw them applaud people sacrificing themselves in what I can only describe as 'non-violent protest'. Furthermore, there is reason to doubt Hamas here, as it is surely in their interest to portray their people as willing to die for the 'cause'. It is effective Hamas propaganda to claim that their people willingly sacrifice themselves. Non-violent protest is not a war crime, if it is even occurring (because both Israel and Hamas have good reason to claim that Palestinian civilians are acting as 'human shields').

For example, why is that you think the Israeli government pursues war as a result of financial benefit and gains for power? In you knew anything about war or what it entails; you'd know that it actually costs money. The Iron Dome for instance costs vast amounts to eliminate each rocket and missile. Maintaining an army costs money, distributing leaflets and making phone calls all over Gaza COSTS money.

Let's not forget that this accusation was one made by an Israeli political scientist. Military expenditure is a fairly good way of driving the economy, e.g. Nazi Germany, the USA.

In fact, on the contrary to your erroneous claims, the government occasionally receives criticism in Israel for not acting soon or effectively enough. Netanyahu is viewed the exact opposite as he viewed by those who assign to the left-wing fraction in the west.

Who is it though that informs you of how terrible the threat is, of how you must blockade, bomb, invade and occupy? Who is it that tells you that Hamas are forcing people to act as human shields? Who is it who tells you that the Palestinians are a seething horde of inhuman rage and anti-semitism? That would be the Israeli government.

When the UN supports you, it's a perfectly legitimate global political body. When it disagrees with you, it's full of corrupt officials. That's how it works, right?

Seriously, what do you think is the cause of all this? Why do you think this conflict continues when even Hamas have agreed to 'recognise Israel as a state'? I don't know what more you want of the Palestinians.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 4:11:52 PM
At 10/20/2014 3:58:47 PM, Wocambs wrote:
At 10/20/2014 2:41:31 PM, Emilrose wrote:

If I am biased I don't really know why, or to whom. As I asked previously, what do you think is the solution? It seems the only answer Israel will give to this question is absolute obedience from the Palestinian people, which seems to indicate that Israel thinks it is somehow a completely innocent victim. The demands I make of Israel are the same I make of the Palestinians - cease your aggression.

I watched the videos. I did not see Hamas state that they forced people to stand and die, I merely saw them applaud people sacrificing themselves in what I can only describe as 'non-violent protest'. Furthermore, there is reason to doubt Hamas here, as it is surely in their interest to portray their people as willing to die for the 'cause'. It is effective Hamas propaganda to claim that their people willingly sacrifice themselves. Non-violent protest is not a war crime, if it is even occurring (because both Israel and Hamas have good reason to claim that Palestinian civilians are acting as 'human shields').

Let's not forget that this accusation was one made by an Israeli political scientist. Military expenditure is a fairly good way of driving the economy, e.g. Nazi Germany, the USA.

Who is it though that informs you of how terrible the threat is, of how you must blockade, bomb, invade and occupy? Who is it that tells you that Hamas are forcing people to act as human shields? Who is it who tells you that the Palestinians are a seething horde of inhuman rage and anti-semitism? That would be the Israeli government.

When the UN supports you, it's a perfectly legitimate global political body. When it disagrees with you, it's full of corrupt officials. That's how it works, right?

Seriously, what do you think is the cause of all this? Why do you think this conflict continues when even Hamas have agreed to 'recognise Israel as a state'? I don't know what more you want of the Palestinians.

In the videos Hamas explicitly promote the policy of "human shields" by advising their people to adopt their martyrdom method and "seek death".

In the second video, the interview even states himself that that the "human shield method" and that it "proved effective" in previous conflicts.

Either you are intellectually inept or are incapable of hearing/reading properly.

Perhaps a combination of both.