Jump to topic:

Will Anyone Defend Multiculturalism?

jimtimmy4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 11:19:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Multiculturalism is, IMO, one of the stupidest ideologies to ever exist. Anyone willing to defend?
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 4:50:40 AM
At 10/21/2014 11:19:08 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
Multiculturalism is, IMO, one of the stupidest ideologies to ever exist. Anyone willing to defend?

How is it an ideology? The world IS multicultural That's just a fact. Are you talking about immigration policy or something?
Thanksfornotraping
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 6:08:22 AM

Umm, what are you babbling about? Define this "ideology", please, as it isn't one...
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 9:38:00 AM
Wow. You're back? Let me guess - multiculturalism is really just a front for the erosion of white socities? Am I right?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
paininthenuts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 12:24:42 PM
My son is of an age where he thinks it is great. He see's the World as a global village and believes we can all live in perfect harmony. Unfortunately he is extremely naive. We are tribal creatures, and by nature will always resent other cultures. Because we are civilised, we enjoy visiting other cultures, and enjoy people of other cultures visiting us. Unfortunately few of us relish Mr and Mrs Patel living next door, not bothering to decorate their house, and driving a 15 year old Nissan. Different cultures have totally different priorities, and this is what is at the heart of the problem, and it will never change.
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 3:18:09 PM
At 10/22/2014 9:38:00 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
Wow. You're back? Let me guess - multiculturalism is really just a front for the erosion of white socities? Am I right?

Is it not? It shouldn't surprise anyone that a nation that is no longer a predominantly white, Christian, Anglo-Saxon nation will not abide by the traditions nor the values of white, Christian, Anglo-Saxons. Now, multiculturalists might applaud the erosion of the dominant culture, but don't start whining when America collapses under the weight off mass immigration and becomes another third-world country
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 3:50:40 PM
At 10/22/2014 3:18:09 PM, 1Percenter wrote:

Is it not? It shouldn't surprise anyone that a nation that is no longer a predominantly white, Christian, Anglo-Saxon nation will not abide by the traditions nor the values of white, Christian, Anglo-Saxons. Now, multiculturalists might applaud the erosion of the dominant culture, but don't start whining when America collapses under the weight off mass immigration and becomes another third-world country

Why does America being a predominantly white, Christian, Ango-Saxon nation matter?
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 3:58:15 PM
At 10/22/2014 3:50:40 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

Why does America being a predominantly white, Christian, Ango-Saxon nation matter?

White, Christian, Anglo-Saxon people were bred to plunder other nations and leech off the work of the lower classes. If we have less WASPS who will oppress minorities and secure corporate profits?!?!!? We might as well be Africa now!
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
apb4y
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 5:26:00 PM

You're right, multiculturalism is a bad thing. Let's force Mr and Mrs Patel to adopt our culture instead. And if they refuse, we'll impose fines, jail time and manual labour. Or just deport them. Of course, we're going to have a lot of people whose countries of origin won't take them back, so we'll need somewhere else to send them. How about Poland?
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 5:57:59 PM
At 10/22/2014 3:58:15 PM, socialpinko wrote:

White, Christian, Anglo-Saxon people were bred to plunder other nations and leech off the work of the lower classes. If we have less WASPS who will oppress minorities and secure corporate profits?!?!!? We might as well be Africa now!

You have it backwards. Lower class foreigners wouldn't migrate to the U.S. if it meant their plundering. It's obvious that the host culture of a state that is being invaded by immigrants are heirs to a materially better heritage than the immigrants'. The invaders want to live in a society created by that native culture, while the native does not want to live in a society created by those that the invaders have emigrated from.
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 6:07:05 PM

Because self-determination matters - the various people groups around the world have formed because they have ideals and preferences different from the rest of the people groups. The British want to remain British. They don't want to be African, Pakistani nor Chinese. The Dutch want to remain Dutch, not become Arabic. The Americans (both black and white) want to remain American, not become Hispanic. It's all quite simple.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 6:19:26 PM
At 10/22/2014 5:57:59 PM, 1Percenter wrote:

You have it backwards. Lower class foreigners wouldn't migrate to the U.S. if it meant their plundering.

Mexicans immigrate to the U.S. all the time and have their work exploited. Same thing happened to Asians in the nineteenth century.

It's obvious that the host culture of a state that is being invaded by immigrants are heirs to a materially better heritage than the immigrants'.

(1) Calling immigrants 'invaders' is hilarious but myopic and probably racist.
(2) Yer claim presumes that Native Americans were materially better off than Europian colonizers.
(3) The idea of a monolithic "host culture" valorizes itself by ignoring the multiplicity within itself.

The invaders want to live in a society created by that native culture,

"created by that native culture"- you mean backed by African slave labor, then inhumane Chinese labor, then socially oppressed Irish and German labor, then underpaid and politically targeted Mexican labor, then imported products of brutally underpaid Indo-Chinese labor?

while the native does not want to live in a society created by those that the invaders have emigrated from.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 6:55:20 PM

LOL.
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 6:59:10 PM
At 10/22/2014 6:07:05 PM, 1Percenter wrote:

Because self-determination matters - the various people groups around the world have formed because they have ideals and preferences different from the rest of the people groups. The British want to remain British. They don't want to be African, Pakistani nor Chinese. The Dutch want to remain Dutch, not become Arabic. The Americans (both black and white) want to remain American, not become Hispanic. It's all quite simple.

I want America to remain american - i.e. a nation of immigrants. I have no problem with those Hispanics who want to become American. Also why did you neglect to mention the other groups of Americans- such as Asians, Native, and Hispanics? Do they not get a say in this self determination? They are americans after all.
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
jimtimmy4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 6:59:41 PM

It has been a vehicle of destruction for predominantly white societies. Mass immigration, cultural relativism, and the elite's obsession with suppressing any nationalistic sentiment among whites have all led to the destruction of society's best cultures.
jimtimmy4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 7:00:17 PM
At 10/22/2014 4:50:40 AM, Garbanza wrote:

How is it an ideology? The world IS multicultural That's just a fact. Are you talking about immigration policy or something?

I'm talking about mass immigration and the idea that all cultures are "equal".
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 7:00:52 PM

Multiculturalism is a great idea. Accepting barbarism masqueraded as culture and allow barbarians to crush both you and your culture, is the stupid thing.
jimtimmy4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 7:01:37 PM

Because White, Christian, Anglo Saxons built a society that actually worked...
jimtimmy4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 7:03:57 PM
At 10/22/2014 6:59:10 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

I want America to remain american - i.e. a nation of immigrants. I have no problem with those Hispanics who want to become American. Also why did you neglect to mention the other groups of Americans- such as Asians, Native, and Hispanics? Do they not get a say in this self determination? They are americans after all.

America was built by WHITE immigrants. Not all immigrants are created equal. The entrepreneurial group that came from Europe are different from the low skilled hispanics currently immigrating en masse.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 7:05:27 PM
At 10/22/2014 7:01:37 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:

"worked" for who? Surely you don't mean it works for all those people excluded from a system built upon white, male privelege - like racial and sexual minorities - do you?
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
jimtimmy4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 7:07:21 PM

WTF are you talking about. Those "evil" WASPs built a rich and vibrant nation. A nation that is now being destroyed by forced integration.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 7:09:33 PM
At 10/22/2014 7:00:17 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:

I agree, cultures are not equal, nor are they respectable for the mere reason of being cultures. Some cultures appear to be obsessed with the destruction of human rights, mysoginy, and homophobia. And some people, like myself, choose not to respect that.

Also I don't like the equivalence made by some people between race and culture to try to label as racists to those people who criticize other cultures. The real racist is the one labeling whites as members of the western culture, the Indo-Europeans as members of the Muslim culture, etc. simply because they belong to one race or another. Blacks and Chinese can also be part of Western culture (surprise!). The critics of "cultural supertolerance" do not dislike races, but CULTURES.
jimtimmy4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 7:11:52 PM
At 10/22/2014 7:05:27 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

"worked" for who? Surely you don't mean it works for all those people excluded from a system built upon white, male privelege - like racial and sexual minorities - do you?

So much wrong here. First off, if you actually believe "male privilege" exists, you are beyond misinformed. It simply is a myth. And, you go on to refer to women as sexual minority except, of course, the majority of Americans ARE women.

White privilege has existed historically only because white people built wealthy societies that could afford privilege. It no longer exists.

And, yes, it "worked" very well for women and, eventually, racial minorities.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 7:12:46 PM
At 10/22/2014 7:03:57 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:

America was built by WHITE immigrants. Not all immigrants are created equal. The entrepreneurial group that came from Europe are different from the low skilled hispanics currently immigrating en masse.

Which white immigrants are you talking about? The ones that were thieving, conniving and murderous? What made them entrepreneurial?
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
jimtimmy4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 7:13:04 PM
At 10/22/2014 7:09:33 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 10/22/2014 7:00:17 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:

I agree, cultures are not equal, nor are they respectable for the mere reason of being cultures. Some cultures appear to be obsessed with the destruction of human rights, mysoginy, and homophobia. And some people, like myself, choose not to respect that.

Also I don't like the equivalence made by some people between race and culture to try to label as racists to those people who criticize other cultures. The real racist is the one labeling whites as members of the western culture, the Indo-Europeans as members of the Muslim culture, etc. simply because they belong to one race or another. Blacks and Chinese can also be part of Western culture (surprise!). The critics of "cultural supertolerance" do not dislike races, but CULTURES.

Culture were built by people. And, Western Culture was built by, yes, White people.
jimtimmy4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 7:14:29 PM
At 10/22/2014 7:12:46 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 10/22/2014 7:03:57 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:

Which white immigrants are you talking about? The ones that were thieving, conniving and murderous? What made them entrepreneurial?

First off, you just said in another post that you think "male privilege" exists which pretty much disqualifies anything else you say.

But, regardless, the white immigrants overtook a barbarous and outdated culture (Amerindians) and built a successful society in place.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 7:14:35 PM

And I agree with that too. Labeling western culture as perfect is, well, innocent, to say the least. But I'm sure you can find examples of even more failed cultures? Even more discriminative towards racial and sexual minorities? (hi islam!)
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 7:17:27 PM
At 10/22/2014 7:11:52 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:

So much wrong here. First off, if you actually believe "male privilege" exists, you are beyond misinformed. It simply is a myth.

I'm sure you saying that makes it so.

And, you go on to refer to women as sexual minority except, of course, the majority of Americans ARE women.

I'm not talking about in numbers, I'm talking in terms of positions of power (i.e. those people who perpetuate and uphold the system). Women are vastly, vastly underrepresented.

White privilege has existed historically only because white people built wealthy societies that could afford privilege. It no longer exists.

Yeah it does.

And, yes, it "worked" very well for women and, eventually, racial minorities.

I can't tell if you are actually serious or not. No the system doesn't "work" for racial minorities relatively speaking. Tell me, when did it start working for racial minorities?
BLACK LIVES MATTER!