Tories borrow a page from anarcho-

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2010 10:27:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
-whatever-Reasoning-and-Freedo-agree-on-about-namby-pamby-altruism-ists

Apparently the new Tory platform doesn't really highlight spending cuts and free markets as the opponent to big government. Rather, it calls its new model "Big society."

In essence, it hands over tax money to namby pamby altruists-- ahem, "charities, parents, communities"-- anyone but elected officials-- and lets THEM run schools, hospitals, so forth with it.

What the **** is this anyway? It's still collectivism, just with even less accountability because you can't even try to vote the people managing your money out anymore. You can vote out the collectors but under the Tory model it would still need to be collected to fund whatever bull**** some NGO wanted. It's pressure group warfare without even having to bother to fight for it (And therefore no limits on what can be taken beyond of course the collection of this bull****.

It pains me to say it but I think Britain'd be better off with Eggleston's beloved Labour.

Anyone who can tell me why the Tories' new plan isn't idiocy?

(And yeah, most of you pay little attention to British politics. I don't pay much more but this crap really caught my eye when I was reading the Economist.)
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2010 10:44:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
(And therefore no limits on what can be taken beyond of course the collection of this bull****.
This was written wrong, should read:

And therefore no limits on what can be taken beyond of course 100 percent of income.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.