Jump to topic:

Jeb Bush and the Presidency

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 5:44:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
He is considering running for president. People are unlikely to vote for him because they don't want "another Bush".
I do not think that him being related to two Presidents should disqualify him in any way. Being the brother of Adolf Hitler would not make you personally a bad person. In fact, being so closely related to two former presidents would probably make him more knowledgeable about what the job requires.
Do you agree or disagree? Discuss.

(P.S. This logic applies to all Presidential candidates who are related to former Presidents, as is the case with Hillary Clinton.)
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 6:24:12 PM
The last time a Clinton ran against a Bush, the Clinton won the electoral vote 370-168. I would like to see something like that.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 10:20:32 PM
At 10/26/2014 6:24:12 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
The last time a Clinton ran against a Bush, the Clinton won the electoral vote 370-168. I would like to see something like that.

I will not object to attacks on Jeb Bush for his character or his ability to manage the office of president. However, I do not think that the fact that he's "another Bush" has relevance in deciding whether or not to support him in his bid for the presidency.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid