CounterInsurgency in Afghan a Military Fail

fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 11:57:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
<Requoted from the OPINION section>

Sorry, David Gold, it was getting out of hand so I am moving it to the FORUMS.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 11:59:07 PM
FAZZ wrote:
Yes but could you.. Open this as a Poll instead of Opinion section. It would be easier to just say Yes. Rather than write 50 words about something I have no clue what it means. I guess yes because Zbigniew Brzezinski/CIA is the founder of the Taliban. And Alqaeda is Taliban. 9/11 was Al-qaeda. So 9/11 led to War. So the CIA started it and the finished the War in Afghanistan.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 12:02:22 AM
DavidMGold wrote:
Counter-Insurgency as a military strategy is the epitome of failure.. Counter-Insurgency (COIN) as a military strategy proves fatal victory given that your aim of denying the enemy use of the battle space, eliminating and destroying the enemy, etc. are replaced with delusional romantic fantasies founded upon mythical multicultural assumptions and politically correct distortions of the enemy, the nature of the conflict, and the ultimate goal. The wealth of empirical evidence suggests that transferring the U.S. social welfare system, public works projects, and turning a professional fighting force into policemen, social workers, and ambassadors has proven to be catastrophic and demoralizing to the war effort in Afghanistan. Failing to take into account Islam as an ideology, it's teachings, and approach as resulted in a cognitive dissonance much as we see with respect to ISIS. Worst, it elevates the population of the enemy above the lives of the men we send to war even going as far as to pair them with "Afghan partners" that have routinely carried out suicidal attacks on American personnel. Add to this Obama's outrageous pledge that U.S. soldiers cannot enter homes thus denying U.S. forces the use of the battle space has all but made assured defeat. To call this a war is a travesty.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 12:07:41 AM
DavidMGold wrote:
Much like Islam, your views are founded on lies and absurdities. The Taliban was a creation of Islam through a movement originating from Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-run religious schools for Afghan refugees in Pakistan. The madrassas in Pakistan are directly responsible. Al-Qaeda are their Saudi bedfellows. The message and teachings of the Qu'ran inspired the September 11, 2001 attack. The U.S. pledged to go to war, but when you have press releases trumpeting the fact you drop more food than bombs, such a war is already going badly for you, or when you deny Islam is what you are indeed battling against. The CIA is a boogeyman to distract our intention from the real threat with conspiratorial nonsense.

fazz wrote:
Look the President of the USA said this. As a Citizen your rights are gifted to you. You should at least listen to what the President has to say: http://www.counterpunch.org... *sorry, skip adverts and scroll down for the interview article. Ok?

DavidMGold wrote:
I did humor you by reading it, but counterpunch represents a fringe of politics on the far left and the utterings or writings on it's web site. Given the unholy alliance the left has formed with Islam, along with contributors like Fidel Castro, Noam Chomsky, Edward Said, Ward Churchill, and others...I can see why it appeals to Islamist readers. Yes, the U.S. gave aid to the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan. That doesn't mean they created it or operated it or motivate and inspire the group. It really is from ignorance of what the Mujahadeen represent and Islam teaches as evidenced by the fact that he is one of Obama's main advisors on foreign affairs.

For evidence of stupidity and nonsense, he says "Nonsense! It is said that the West had a global policy in regard to Islam. That is stupid. There isn"t a global Islam. Look at Islam in a rational manner and without demagoguery or emotion. It is the leading religion of the world with 1.5 billion followers. But what is there in common among Saudi Arabian fundamentalism, moderate Morocco, Pakistan militarism, Egyptian pro-Western or Central Asian secularism? Nothing more than what unites the Christian countries." What they all have is they overwhelmingly agree on the majority of teachings in Islam...The Muslim Brotherhood is not pro-Western, Asian Islamic countries are not secular, Pakistan can be as fundamentalist about Islam as Saudi Arabia can and this what happens when ideologically deluded Western elites attempt to make pronouncements utterly devoid of a true appreciation for Islam and what it teaches.

fazz wrote:
Yes, you are right. But you posed a question and I answered it as best as I could. He is not only Obama's advisor but three successive administrations of Johnson, Carter and Bush senior. I think as he went to meet the Afghans he knows Muslims better than you. Have you been to Pakistan, Egypt, Or Morroco, and lol, Saudi doesnt count cos they are crazy Muslims. Pop Quiz*, Can you name how many countrys on that list are US allies?

*fyi I am from a "muslim" country and I fought those heretic Pakistani bastards because they wanted to force Islam on us. So don't call me a bloody Muslim.

fazz wrote:
Please don't say you watch the news. OR read books. Because I have read those same books. The news only report events. It doesnt talk about the things that did not happen. Killings happens. Murder happens. But the one thing you cannot read about in the media is that Peace happened. Because peace is the absence of something "bad" happening

Believe me the world is much bigger than one country in the Atlantic and a few Muslim country's trying to bomb it surrounding it. Play the Game of Risk and you'll see there are plenty other places Americans can go for holidays. Heck, even Afghanistan had clubs and tourists spots before we invaded them. I mean, even women would go there to visit! Now everything is gone. Violence begets Violence. Even thinking about violence.

DavidMGold wrote:
Likewise, I find it troubling indeed that you can confound all reason and deny the empirical evidence to the contrary. The idea that Afghanistan was a tourist destination manifestly demonstrates your detachment from reality. There's a simple test: what does the Qu'ran teach, what did the traditions of Muhammad teach, and what does Islamic history show us? If you remove Islam from the world equation, the world would largely be at peace.

The reality is best expressed by a cleric on Al-Jazeera where in a Friday Sermon, a cleric said, "We will not let go of our weapons, even if the number of martyrs exceeds two million, not just 2,000. The Palestinian nation is ready to sacrifice two million martyrs, for the sake of the holiest and most just cause on the face of the Earth. We are ready to sacrifice all the sons of the Palestinian people for this holy cause. Oh Allah, destroy the Jews. Oh Allah, destroy the Jews, those who support the Jews, those who side with the Jews, cooperate with the Jews, trade with the Jews, or open a gateway for them into the land of Islam." Of course this doesn't get covered in the West.

fazz wrote:
Islam is a math equation, lol?

DavidMGold wrote:
No, conflict in the world today minus Islam is fairly basic arithmetic lol

fazz wrote:
Here's your test: Quran + Pervery Prophet = No peace = Unhappy American.

Ok lets take the Quran. In a land made of mountains where the national pasttime is goat-herding how many people do you think read the Quran?

So here's my test: Reading + quran + Muhammad (pbuh) = 0

Lastly, afghan wasn't a tourist destination it was an AMERICA destination. It was full of American women wearing American Clothes. Everyone knows this.

fazz wrote:
I am sorry that they taught you math and science in school. It really does dull the critical thinking and economic logic of the mind.