Jump to topic:

Ron Paul gets peppered with shots??

comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2010 7:57:48 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Ron Paul getting peppered with question on legit problems.
I think Chris Matthews has legit questions and Paul does not get a chance to answer with real answers.

It is cool.
Take a look.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2010 11:11:58 AM
The title of the topic makes it seem as though Ron Paul got shot with pepper spray.

I agree with JBlake, Matthews is a terrible interviewer. He always subtly insulted Paul and the libertarian movement every time he spoke. Matthews didn't interrupt Paul as much as he usually does, although he still did so.

PoeJoe, Ron Paul is against the federal government getting involved in abortion.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2010 11:36:19 AM
At 4/24/2010 11:11:58 AM, Nags wrote:
PoeJoe, Ron Paul is against the federal government getting involved in abortion.

Then frame the question: what is your stance on abortion if you were a state representative? Answer: He's a pro-lifer.

Nothing wrong with that, but I get pretty sick of Paulites dismissing questions about his abortion stance as "he doesn't want the federal government involved in it!", when he's in fact a pro-lifer, plain and simple. Come out and say it, people.

But yeah, that's a reason why I don't watch Matthews - he's terrible at interviews. I only find Maddow good with interviews, at least from the MSNBC crop.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2010 11:37:02 AM
The title of the topic makes it seem as though Ron Paul got shot with pepper spray.

I agree with JBlake, Matthews is a terrible interviewer. He always subtly insulted Paul and the libertarian movement every time he spoke. Matthews didn't interrupt Paul as much as he usually does, although he still did so.

And against abortion as a pro life advocate.
But he sees it as an act of violence and acts of violence are dealt with at a state level.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2010 11:42:35 AM
At 4/24/2010 11:36:19 AM, Volkov wrote:
Then frame the question: what is your stance on abortion if you were a state representative? Answer: He's a pro-lifer.

Not necessarily. He just said that morally he is pro-life and that he is against the federal government regulating abortion. He never said that he thinks the states should make abortion illegal.

But yeah, that's a reason why I don't watch Matthews - he's terrible at interviews. I only find Maddow good with interviews, at least from the MSNBC crop.

I don't even watch TV for news anymore. The last time I turned on Fox about a month ago, Glenn Beck had his chalkboard out and Americans were jumping off the Titanic and Barack Obama was the captain. I changed the channel after about 15 seconds.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2010 11:50:37 AM
At 4/24/2010 11:42:35 AM, Nags wrote:
Not necessarily. He just said that morally he is pro-life and that he is against the federal government regulating abortion. He never said that he thinks the states should make abortion illegal.

Has anyone ever asked him?

I don't even watch TV for news anymore. The last time I turned on Fox about a month ago, Glenn Beck had his chalkboard out and Americans were jumping off the Titanic and Barack Obama was the captain. I changed the channel after about 15 seconds.

Watch BBC. It's good for you, really. British accents are soothing.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2010 12:00:32 PM
At 4/24/2010 11:50:37 AM, Volkov wrote:
Has anyone ever asked him?

Not to my knowledge. That's why I said not necessarily.

Watch BBC. It's good for you, really. British accents are soothing.

Russia Today (America) is pretty good. It's not on TV aside from in DC and NY, but there's a live stream on their website. I don't really watch the stream, but I watch some of the YouTube clips they upload. Some reporters have an American accent, some are British.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2010 12:04:20 PM
You could conclude that he wants it to be left up to the states, but if the bill was voted on and he had a chance, he would vote against abortion every time.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2010 12:08:07 PM
At 4/24/2010 12:00:32 PM, Nags wrote:

Damnit. That's something we should have gotten comon to ask him.

Russia Today (America) is pretty good. It's not on TV aside from in DC and NY, but there's a live stream on their website. I don't really watch the stream, but I watch some of the YouTube clips they upload. Some reporters have an American accent, some are British.

I know of Russian Today, and in fact a friend of mine is an accountant for them (he shuttles back and forth from Russia). Not the American version though, I suppose.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2010 12:09:48 PM
At 4/24/2010 12:08:07 PM, Volkov wrote:

Indeed. Although Paul may have evaded such a question. :)

I know of Russian Today, and in fact a friend of mine is an accountant for them (he shuttles back and forth from Russia). Not the American version though, I suppose.

By shuttle, do you mean fly? And I think the American version of RT is in Washington DC.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2010 12:11:20 PM
At 4/24/2010 12:09:48 PM, Nags wrote:
By shuttle, do you mean fly? And I think the American version of RT is in Washington DC.

Well, he certainly isn't taking the train. And Russia Today has branches everywhere, including London. It's amazing how many people don't know about them, or think they're essentially Russia-only.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2010 4:20:13 PM
At 4/24/2010 12:08:07 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 4/24/2010 12:00:32 PM, Nags wrote:

no need.

Here you go!

http://ronpaulforcongress.com...
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2010 5:03:37 PM

Not states however. He has been explicit about that.
cutebunny43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2010 5:12:00 PM
At 4/24/2010 12:04:20 PM, comoncents wrote:
You could conclude that he wants it to be left up to the states, but if the bill was voted on and he had a chance, he would vote against abortion every time.

As would I. I never believe anyone has the right to kill a potential human being, especially with the methods of birth control available today.
Mafia for Beginners Signup Now

http://www.debate.org...
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2010 5:35:51 PM
At 4/24/2010 5:12:00 PM, cutebunny43 wrote:
As would I. I never believe anyone has the right to kill a potential human being, especially with the methods of birth control available today.

Wait, wait...

Do you mean, they shouldn't have the option because of the many types of birth control and prevention, or do you mean that birth control and prevention is killing off potential human beings?
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2010 5:48:58 PM
At 4/24/2010 5:35:51 PM, Volkov wrote:

Wait, wait...

Do you mean, they shouldn't have the option because of the many types of birth control and prevention, or do you mean that birth control and prevention is killing off potential human beings?

comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2010 8:25:29 PM
At 4/24/2010 12:04:20 PM, comoncents wrote:

I agree.
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 8:39:59 AM
I've heard Paul say he wants to work on getting Roe v. Wade overturned if he gets elected. Most likely that would result in southern states making it a criminal offense and northern states all but subsidizing the process. What a mess.

A pile of dirt is a potential human being. What isn't "a potential human being?" Potentiality arguments are of the weakest of all logical arguments.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
cutebunny43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 8:46:13 AM
At 4/24/2010 5:35:51 PM, Volkov wrote:

Wait, wait...

Bolded

They shouldn't have the option due to the large amount of birth control available. I don't believe potential human beings are alive until the heart starts (21 days approx)

cutebunny43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 9:13:56 AM
A pile of dirt is a potential human being. What isn't "a potential human being?" Potentiality arguments are of the weakest of all logical arguments.

LAWL @ this. An alive potential human being = fetus with a beating heart.

Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 9:30:19 AM
At 4/26/2010 9:13:56 AM, cutebunny43 wrote:

So then you must agree with me then, that before there is a "beating heart" there is really no good argument against abortion.
cutebunny43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 9:40:08 AM
At 4/26/2010 9:30:19 AM, Rob1Billion wrote:
At 4/26/2010 9:13:56 AM, cutebunny43 wrote:

So then you must agree with me then, that before there is a "beating heart" there is really no good argument against abortion.

That I do my good man.

Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 10:01:16 AM
case in point - there are limits, which educated minds can disagree on, where a fetus has gained sufficient order to be deemed important... NOT immediately after conception.
cutebunny43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 10:09:03 AM
At 4/26/2010 10:01:16 AM, Rob1Billion wrote:
case in point - there are limits, which educated minds can disagree on, where a fetus has gained sufficient order to be deemed important... NOT immediately after conception.

18 days is pretty close to immediate in the general schema of things

Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 11:07:35 PM
how do you figure? "immediately" there is a single-celled organism with absolute zero worth. @ 18 days there is a small fetus with a heartbeat. still not a person by any meaningful standard, but at least there is some room for doubt as to whether or not it has some intermediate worth