Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

Feminists are Racists!

jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 4:37:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So, I pointed out a while back that all these videos that show women being "harassed" (which apparently just means being greeted in some cases) on the street almost always feature poor, white men hitting on not so poor, white women.

This is odd. It's certainly not possible that high status white men don't harass women on the street because feminists tell us that all this street harassment is just an outgrowth of white male privilege. But, some people were coming to this conclusion until, thankfully, Slate came to the rescue:

http://www.slate.com...

It turns out that the white guys were edited out because, you know, feminist social justice warriors will do anything to help the reputation of white men. In reality, wealthy white stock brokers and lawyers spend most of their day sitting on fire hydrants and whistling at women. Thanks Slate for clearing that up.

This phenomenon of feminists editing out the epidemic of rich white men street harassing women also explains why other videos showing harassment don't feature white, rich men very often. Like this set of videos in Minnesota:

https://www.youtube.com...

As you all know, Minnesota is heavily black so it makes sense that most of the harassers are black... oh wait. Nevermind. This is just editing. Feminists edited out all the rich white guys except that one she did show because, you know, white male privilege.

I'm just glad Slate was here to clear this up. Thank you slate, once again!!
DarthVitiosus
Posts: 624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 8:09:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/30/2014 4:37:48 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:

Applying politics to crime is absurd. This is not a significant problem in the real world. It is clearly a political agenda.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
Atheist-Independent
Posts: 776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 8:42:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/30/2014 4:37:48 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
So, I pointed out a while back that all these videos that show women being "harassed" (which apparently just means being greeted in some cases) on the street almost always feature poor, white men hitting on not so poor, white women.

This is odd. It's certainly not possible that high status white men don't harass women on the street because feminists tell us that all this street harassment is just an outgrowth of white male privilege. But, some people were coming to this conclusion until, thankfully, Slate came to the rescue:

http://www.slate.com...


It turns out that the white guys were edited out because, you know, feminist social justice warriors will do anything to help the reputation of white men. In reality, wealthy white stock brokers and lawyers spend most of their day sitting on fire hydrants and whistling at women. Thanks Slate for clearing that up.

This phenomenon of feminists editing out the epidemic of rich white men street harassing women also explains why other videos showing harassment don't feature white, rich men very often. Like this set of videos in Minnesota:


https://www.youtube.com...


As you all know, Minnesota is heavily black so it makes sense that most of the harassers are black... oh wait. Nevermind. This is just editing. Feminists edited out all the rich white guys except that one she did show because, you know, white male privilege.

I'm just glad Slate was here to clear this up. Thank you slate, once again!!

Everybody is racist. People need to stop hating on feminists just for the sake of hating on feminists. I understand the view on radical feminists, however the truth is that most are not and they just want equal pay as men.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 8:51:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/30/2014 4:37:48 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
So, I pointed out a while back that all these videos that show women being "harassed" (which apparently just means being greeted in some cases) on the street almost always feature poor, white men hitting on not so poor, white women.

This is odd. It's certainly not possible that high status white men don't harass women on the street because feminists tell us that all this street harassment is just an outgrowth of white male privilege. But, some people were coming to this conclusion until, thankfully, Slate came to the rescue:

http://www.slate.com...


It turns out that the white guys were edited out because, you know, feminist social justice warriors will do anything to help the reputation of white men. In reality, wealthy white stock brokers and lawyers spend most of their day sitting on fire hydrants and whistling at women. Thanks Slate for clearing that up.

This phenomenon of feminists editing out the epidemic of rich white men street harassing women also explains why other videos showing harassment don't feature white, rich men very often. Like this set of videos in Minnesota:


https://www.youtube.com...


As you all know, Minnesota is heavily black so it makes sense that most of the harassers are black... oh wait. Nevermind. This is just editing. Feminists edited out all the rich white guys except that one she did show because, you know, white male privilege.

I'm just glad Slate was here to clear this up. Thank you slate, once again!!

Just out of curiosity, how does saying "Hey there pretty girl" mess up our society?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 8:55:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/30/2014 8:42:37 PM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
At 10/30/2014 4:37:48 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
So, I pointed out a while back that all these videos that show women being "harassed" (which apparently just means being greeted in some cases) on the street almost always feature poor, white men hitting on not so poor, white women.

This is odd. It's certainly not possible that high status white men don't harass women on the street because feminists tell us that all this street harassment is just an outgrowth of white male privilege. But, some people were coming to this conclusion until, thankfully, Slate came to the rescue:

http://www.slate.com...


It turns out that the white guys were edited out because, you know, feminist social justice warriors will do anything to help the reputation of white men. In reality, wealthy white stock brokers and lawyers spend most of their day sitting on fire hydrants and whistling at women. Thanks Slate for clearing that up.

This phenomenon of feminists editing out the epidemic of rich white men street harassing women also explains why other videos showing harassment don't feature white, rich men very often. Like this set of videos in Minnesota:


https://www.youtube.com...


As you all know, Minnesota is heavily black so it makes sense that most of the harassers are black... oh wait. Nevermind. This is just editing. Feminists edited out all the rich white guys except that one she did show because, you know, white male privilege.

I'm just glad Slate was here to clear this up. Thank you slate, once again!!

Everybody is racist. People need to stop hating on feminists just for the sake of hating on feminists. I understand the view on radical feminists, however the truth is that most are not and they just want equal pay as men.

You do know the reason women get paid less has nothing to do with discrimination and everything to do with women working less dangerous jobs and less hours than men (among other factors). Right?
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 8:57:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/30/2014 8:56:27 PM, Garbanza wrote:
Creepy white office guy. Same woman.



Dude. I've seen that video. I've seen all her videos. That is literally the ONLY upper middle class white guy I've ever seen in one of these videos. Glad she found one, but I've seen that video and the fact that that she could only find one is telling.
Atheist-Independent
Posts: 776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 8:57:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/30/2014 8:55:05 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/30/2014 8:42:37 PM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
At 10/30/2014 4:37:48 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
So, I pointed out a while back that all these videos that show women being "harassed" (which apparently just means being greeted in some cases) on the street almost always feature poor, white men hitting on not so poor, white women.

This is odd. It's certainly not possible that high status white men don't harass women on the street because feminists tell us that all this street harassment is just an outgrowth of white male privilege. But, some people were coming to this conclusion until, thankfully, Slate came to the rescue:

http://www.slate.com...


It turns out that the white guys were edited out because, you know, feminist social justice warriors will do anything to help the reputation of white men. In reality, wealthy white stock brokers and lawyers spend most of their day sitting on fire hydrants and whistling at women. Thanks Slate for clearing that up.

This phenomenon of feminists editing out the epidemic of rich white men street harassing women also explains why other videos showing harassment don't feature white, rich men very often. Like this set of videos in Minnesota:


https://www.youtube.com...


As you all know, Minnesota is heavily black so it makes sense that most of the harassers are black... oh wait. Nevermind. This is just editing. Feminists edited out all the rich white guys except that one she did show because, you know, white male privilege.

I'm just glad Slate was here to clear this up. Thank you slate, once again!!

Everybody is racist. People need to stop hating on feminists just for the sake of hating on feminists. I understand the view on radical feminists, however the truth is that most are not and they just want equal pay as men.


You do know the reason women get paid less has nothing to do with discrimination and everything to do with women working less dangerous jobs and less hours than men (among other factors). Right?

What I know is irrelevant in this situation? What matters is what the feminists think that they know,which is that they are getting unequal pay. Therefore they are inevitably angry even thought hey might not know the full truth of the matter. Ignorance is the best justification.
Atheist-Independent
Posts: 776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 8:58:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/30/2014 8:57:47 PM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
At 10/30/2014 8:55:05 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/30/2014 8:42:37 PM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
At 10/30/2014 4:37:48 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
So, I pointed out a while back that all these videos that show women being "harassed" (which apparently just means being greeted in some cases) on the street almost always feature poor, white men hitting on not so poor, white women.

This is odd. It's certainly not possible that high status white men don't harass women on the street because feminists tell us that all this street harassment is just an outgrowth of white male privilege. But, some people were coming to this conclusion until, thankfully, Slate came to the rescue:

http://www.slate.com...


It turns out that the white guys were edited out because, you know, feminist social justice warriors will do anything to help the reputation of white men. In reality, wealthy white stock brokers and lawyers spend most of their day sitting on fire hydrants and whistling at women. Thanks Slate for clearing that up.

This phenomenon of feminists editing out the epidemic of rich white men street harassing women also explains why other videos showing harassment don't feature white, rich men very often. Like this set of videos in Minnesota:


https://www.youtube.com...


As you all know, Minnesota is heavily black so it makes sense that most of the harassers are black... oh wait. Nevermind. This is just editing. Feminists edited out all the rich white guys except that one she did show because, you know, white male privilege.

I'm just glad Slate was here to clear this up. Thank you slate, once again!!

Everybody is racist. People need to stop hating on feminists just for the sake of hating on feminists. I understand the view on radical feminists, however the truth is that most are not and they just want equal pay as men.


You do know the reason women get paid less has nothing to do with discrimination and everything to do with women working less dangerous jobs and less hours than men (among other factors). Right?

What I know is irrelevant in this situation. What matters is what the feminists think that they know,which is that they are getting unequal pay. Therefore they are inevitably angry even thought hey might not know the full truth of the matter. Ignorance is the best justification.

Fixed. Didn't mean to put a question mark there.
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 8:59:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/30/2014 8:57:47 PM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
At 10/30/2014 8:55:05 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/30/2014 8:42:37 PM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
At 10/30/2014 4:37:48 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
So, I pointed out a while back that all these videos that show women being "harassed" (which apparently just means being greeted in some cases) on the street almost always feature poor, white men hitting on not so poor, white women.

This is odd. It's certainly not possible that high status white men don't harass women on the street because feminists tell us that all this street harassment is just an outgrowth of white male privilege. But, some people were coming to this conclusion until, thankfully, Slate came to the rescue:

http://www.slate.com...


It turns out that the white guys were edited out because, you know, feminist social justice warriors will do anything to help the reputation of white men. In reality, wealthy white stock brokers and lawyers spend most of their day sitting on fire hydrants and whistling at women. Thanks Slate for clearing that up.

This phenomenon of feminists editing out the epidemic of rich white men street harassing women also explains why other videos showing harassment don't feature white, rich men very often. Like this set of videos in Minnesota:


https://www.youtube.com...


As you all know, Minnesota is heavily black so it makes sense that most of the harassers are black... oh wait. Nevermind. This is just editing. Feminists edited out all the rich white guys except that one she did show because, you know, white male privilege.

I'm just glad Slate was here to clear this up. Thank you slate, once again!!

Everybody is racist. People need to stop hating on feminists just for the sake of hating on feminists. I understand the view on radical feminists, however the truth is that most are not and they just want equal pay as men.


You do know the reason women get paid less has nothing to do with discrimination and everything to do with women working less dangerous jobs and less hours than men (among other factors). Right?

What I know is irrelevant in this situation? What matters is what the feminists think that they know,which is that they are getting unequal pay. Therefore they are inevitably angry even thought hey might not know the full truth of the matter. Ignorance is the best justification.

Fair point. As long as you understand that feminists are misinformed about the pay topic, we agree. I know why it makes them angry they're just not correct.
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 9:00:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/30/2014 8:57:34 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/30/2014 8:56:27 PM, Garbanza wrote:
Creepy white office guy. Same woman.

Dude. I've seen that video. I've seen all her videos. That is literally the ONLY upper middle class white guy I've ever seen in one of these videos. Glad she found one, but I've seen that video and the fact that that she could only find one is telling.

Maybe those guys get to do all the harassment they want in their offices, so they tend not to shout out in the streets so much. Or even, they tend not to be IN the street so much. They're always being driven everywhere.
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 9:02:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/30/2014 9:00:38 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 10/30/2014 8:57:34 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/30/2014 8:56:27 PM, Garbanza wrote:
Creepy white office guy. Same woman.

Dude. I've seen that video. I've seen all her videos. That is literally the ONLY upper middle class white guy I've ever seen in one of these videos. Glad she found one, but I've seen that video and the fact that that she could only find one is telling.

Maybe those guys get to do all the harassment they want in their offices, so they tend not to shout out in the streets so much. Or even, they tend not to be IN the street so much. They're always being driven everywhere.

Also. I even referenced that one guy in the OP. Reread at the end when I referenced that guy in particular.

And, if you have evidence for that claim, please provide. Until then, it's just speculation. What we can say, with a good degree of certainty, is that wealthy white guys aren't doing much of the street harassment.
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 9:10:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/30/2014 9:02:20 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/30/2014 9:00:38 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 10/30/2014 8:57:34 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/30/2014 8:56:27 PM, Garbanza wrote:
Creepy white office guy. Same woman.

Dude. I've seen that video. I've seen all her videos. That is literally the ONLY upper middle class white guy I've ever seen in one of these videos. Glad she found one, but I've seen that video and the fact that that she could only find one is telling.

Maybe those guys get to do all the harassment they want in their offices, so they tend not to shout out in the streets so much. Or even, they tend not to be IN the street so much. They're always being driven everywhere.

Also. I even referenced that one guy in the OP. Reread at the end when I referenced that guy in particular.

You mean Hanna Rosin? Yes, I read it.

And, if you have evidence for that claim, please provide. Until then, it's just speculation. What we can say, with a good degree of certainty, is that wealthy white guys aren't doing much of the street harassment.

you're funny. :) I think.
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 9:13:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/30/2014 9:10:06 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 10/30/2014 9:02:20 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/30/2014 9:00:38 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 10/30/2014 8:57:34 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/30/2014 8:56:27 PM, Garbanza wrote:
Creepy white office guy. Same woman.

Dude. I've seen that video. I've seen all her videos. That is literally the ONLY upper middle class white guy I've ever seen in one of these videos. Glad she found one, but I've seen that video and the fact that that she could only find one is telling.

Maybe those guys get to do all the harassment they want in their offices, so they tend not to shout out in the streets so much. Or even, they tend not to be IN the street so much. They're always being driven everywhere.

Also. I even referenced that one guy in the OP. Reread at the end when I referenced that guy in particular.

You mean Hanna Rosin? Yes, I read it.

And, if you have evidence for that claim, please provide. Until then, it's just speculation. What we can say, with a good degree of certainty, is that wealthy white guys aren't doing much of the street harassment.

you're funny. :) I think.

Thanks. But, it is true. Almost all of this street harassment feminists complain about come from poors\non whites.
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 9:27:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/30/2014 9:13:32 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
Thanks. But, it is true. Almost all of this street harassment feminists complain about come from poors\non whites.

This ties back to your point on that other thread about feminists hating poor men? But, you know, feminists also complain about office harassment, which mostly comes from middle-class men. I suppose harassment from upper-class men would mostly come on private jets and on country estates. It's true that you don't hear about that so much.
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 9:29:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/30/2014 9:27:21 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 10/30/2014 9:13:32 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
Thanks. But, it is true. Almost all of this street harassment feminists complain about come from poors\non whites.

This ties back to your point on that other thread about feminists hating poor men? But, you know, feminists also complain about office harassment, which mostly comes from middle-class men. I suppose harassment from upper-class men would mostly come on private jets and on country estates. It's true that you don't hear about that so much.

It does tie in with that.

But, office harassment is famously overblown. If you think that calling some of these men harassers is silly, some of the things that pass for office harassment are absurd.
Fly
Posts: 2,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 10:15:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The video is actually evidence of a fair bit of social progress. There was a time when a black man hitting on a white woman like that would have gotten him lynched.
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 11:36:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I almost thought you were going to make a good point by highlighting the ways in which some feminists have marginalized women of color historically through exclusion from feminist discourses (a problem which much contemporary feminist lit is concerned with attempting to rectify). But oh no that doesn't matter. They're clearly just racist against white guys. Yer a f'cking joke dude.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 12:09:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/30/2014 11:36:31 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I almost thought you were going to make a good point by highlighting the ways in which some feminists have marginalized women of color historically through exclusion from feminist discourses (a problem which much contemporary feminist lit is concerned with attempting to rectify). But oh no that doesn't matter. They're clearly just racist against white guys. Yer a f'cking joke dude.

Dude us white guys have it really tough.

It's time for the white men of the world to unite. We can form a government of sorts that we comprise the vast majority of and let in a few women and minorities. And we will call it the senate
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 12:19:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/30/2014 10:15:05 PM, Fly wrote:
The video is actually evidence of a fair bit of social progress. There was a time when a black man hitting on a white woman like that would have gotten him lynched.

You mean like when black men were 5 times as likely to rape a woman as a white man. Oh wait. That's true now.
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 12:20:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/30/2014 11:36:31 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I almost thought you were going to make a good point by highlighting the ways in which some feminists have marginalized women of color historically through exclusion from feminist discourses (a problem which much contemporary feminist lit is concerned with attempting to rectify). But oh no that doesn't matter. They're clearly just racist against white guys. Yer a f'cking joke dude.

You're totally right. It's rich white guys catcalling women and feminists, as usual, did all they could to defend rich white guys because we all no how much feminists love rich white guys.

And, I'm the joke?
Fly
Posts: 2,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 1:29:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 12:19:14 AM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/30/2014 10:15:05 PM, Fly wrote:
The video is actually evidence of a fair bit of social progress. There was a time when a black man hitting on a white woman like that would have gotten him lynched.

You mean like when black men were 5 times as likely to rape a woman as a white man. Oh wait. That's true now.

Yes, that is an alarming stat. I have seen even worse claims myself, depending upon the year of the data. What to do about it?

A. Blame President Lincoln
B. Bring back lynch mobs
C. Join a "pro European heritage" organization
D. Any or all of the above
E. Develop critical thinking and statistical analysis skills, learn more about history, psychology, and prejudice

Note: "E" involves the most time, effort, and intellectual capacity.
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 11:50:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 12:09:00 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/30/2014 11:36:31 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I almost thought you were going to make a good point by highlighting the ways in which some feminists have marginalized women of color historically through exclusion from feminist discourses (a problem which much contemporary feminist lit is concerned with attempting to rectify). But oh no that doesn't matter. They're clearly just racist against white guys. Yer a f'cking joke dude.

Dude us white guys have it really tough.


It's time for the white men of the world to unite. We can form a government of sorts that we comprise the vast majority of and let in a few women and minorities. And we will call it the senate

Sounds pretty revolutionary, comrade. But I doubt anyone would get behind that idea unfortunately. I mean we def wouldn't be able to just come out and say "We're white so we're gonna run this sh't". How about we pass ourselves off as the "real minorities". Could garner support from other whites who aren't comfortable saying straight up that they think white men should always be in charge.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 2:39:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 1:29:10 AM, Fly wrote:
At 10/31/2014 12:19:14 AM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/30/2014 10:15:05 PM, Fly wrote:
The video is actually evidence of a fair bit of social progress. There was a time when a black man hitting on a white woman like that would have gotten him lynched.

You mean like when black men were 5 times as likely to rape a woman as a white man. Oh wait. That's true now.

Yes, that is an alarming stat. I have seen even worse claims myself, depending upon the year of the data. What to do about it?

A. Blame President Lincoln
B. Bring back lynch mobs
C. Join a "pro European heritage" organization
D. Any or all of the above
E. Develop critical thinking and statistical analysis skills, learn more about history, psychology, and prejudice

Note: "E" involves the most time, effort, and intellectual capacity.

I picked E from the beginning. I recommend you do the same.
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 2:42:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 9:50:55 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
It must be awful to be a white guy with a persecution complex.

It would be awful, which is why I'm glad I don't have one.

I'm merely asking EVERYBODY ELSE to get rid of their persecution complexes. Seriously, white guys are the ONLY group where a majority doesn't have a persecution complex and I am part of that majority.
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 2:44:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 12:09:00 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/30/2014 11:36:31 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I almost thought you were going to make a good point by highlighting the ways in which some feminists have marginalized women of color historically through exclusion from feminist discourses (a problem which much contemporary feminist lit is concerned with attempting to rectify). But oh no that doesn't matter. They're clearly just racist against white guys. Yer a f'cking joke dude.

Dude us white guys have it really tough.


It's time for the white men of the world to unite. We can form a government of sorts that we comprise the vast majority of and let in a few women and minorities. And we will call it the senate

We did that and we did such a good job that every other culture starting mass immigrating to our nation and then demanding our stuff.
Fly
Posts: 2,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 3:56:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 2:39:32 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/31/2014 1:29:10 AM, Fly wrote:
At 10/31/2014 12:19:14 AM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/30/2014 10:15:05 PM, Fly wrote:
The video is actually evidence of a fair bit of social progress. There was a time when a black man hitting on a white woman like that would have gotten him lynched.

You mean like when black men were 5 times as likely to rape a woman as a white man. Oh wait. That's true now.

Yes, that is an alarming stat. I have seen even worse claims myself, depending upon the year of the data. What to do about it?

A. Blame President Lincoln
B. Bring back lynch mobs
C. Join a "pro European heritage" organization
D. Any or all of the above
E. Develop critical thinking and statistical analysis skills, learn more about history, psychology, and prejudice

Note: "E" involves the most time, effort, and intellectual capacity.

I picked E from the beginning. I recommend you do the same.

Oh, good! Imagine my relief. It's just that your prior response seemed to imply a lament over "B" not happening. Also, you fail to demonstrate your choice of "E" through your posts. You do not make your points clear; you make little effort to supply context; you do not provide insightful analysis; you engage in vague insinuations, evasive responses, and hyperbole-- such as the hyperbolic title of this very thread. These sorts of things show sloppiness in constructing an argument and reveal an unwillingness to be held accountable for what one is really trying to communicate. You also fail to demonstrate that you understand what a persecution complex is.

Any poster who is genuinely pursuing "E" would not be exhibiting all these negative traits as you do.
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 4:02:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 2:42:18 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/31/2014 9:50:55 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
It must be awful to be a white guy with a persecution complex.

It would be awful, which is why I'm glad I don't have one.

I'm merely asking EVERYBODY ELSE to get rid of their persecution complexes. Seriously, white guys are the ONLY group where a majority doesn't have a persecution complex and I am part of that majority.

Of course, it's always everybody else.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!