The Republican Party

fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 1:39:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Christ Was Not a Christian.

If Christ were running for political office, conservatives would call him a bleeding-heart liberal because he told the rich young ruler to sell everything he had and feed the poor. If that doesn't sound like a redistribution of wealth, I don't know what does.

They would call him a blasphemer because he said the holy day, the day of rest, was appointed in service of the Jew, and not the Jew in service of it. That's equivalent to saying the Jew was lord of the Sabbath.

He not only allowed but also justified disobedience of Jewish law in saying it was alright to work on the Jewish day of rest.

He said the Jewish religion was wrong in saying retribution was ok. The Religious Right defines this as pacifism and says it is a sign of weakness.

He said a heathen was holier than Jewish men of God in saying the Samaritan was neighborly to the man who fell among theives. This would be like saying a pagan was holier than Christian ministers.

He sat and ate with people who betrayed and disobeyed their religion.

The Pharisees accused him of being a drunkard and a glutton.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 7:31:36 AM
At 10/31/2014 1:39:55 AM, fazz wrote:

If Christ were running for political office, conservatives would call him a bleeding-heart liberal because he told the rich young ruler to sell everything he had and feed the poor. If that doesn't sound like a redistribution of wealth, I don't know what does.

Did he tell Caesar to do that? No. Private charity =/ welfare state.

They would call him a blasphemer because he said the holy day, the day of rest, was appointed in service of the Jew, and not the Jew in service of it. That's equivalent to saying the Jew was lord of the Sabbath.

He not only allowed but also justified disobedience of Jewish law in saying it was alright to work on the Jewish day of rest.

He said the Jewish religion was wrong in saying retribution was ok. The Religious Right defines this as pacifism and says it is a sign of weakness.

He said a heathen was holier than Jewish men of God in saying the Samaritan was neighborly to the man who fell among theives. This would be like saying a pagan was holier than Christian ministers.

fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 10:33:32 PM
At 10/31/2014 7:31:36 AM, TN05 wrote:

"And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life...?" - Luke 18: 18

"Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me." - Luke 18: 22
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 10:58:30 PM
At 10/31/2014 10:33:32 PM, fazz wrote:
At 10/31/2014 7:31:36 AM, TN05 wrote:

"And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life...?" - Luke 18: 18

"Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me." - Luke 18: 22

First of all, this is not to be interpreted as to say that rich people in general must give up their wealth. In this case, the man loved his wealth more than he loved God, so he needed to give it up.
Second, where in the world did you get "Jesus would advocate a nanny state" from this verse which has nothing to do with government welfare?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 12:01:22 AM
At 10/31/2014 10:58:30 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

First of all, this is not to be interpreted as to say that rich people in general must give up their wealth. In this case, the man loved his wealth more than he loved God, so he needed to give it up.

So does Mitt Romney love anything other than Mitt Romney?

Second, where in the world did you get "Jesus would advocate a nanny state" from this verse which has nothing to do with government welfare?

Do you have anything substantial to add to the OP than this?
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 1:05:27 PM
First off, Christ has nothing to do with politics. By his standards, we wouldn't be voting at all. He wanted nothing to do with government and was only worried about the synagogues as well as the message of G-d's word.

Furthermore, this is the cheapest criticism I have seen about republicans as of yet.

By the way, if Democrats were for everyone so much why was it that JFK put a bounty on MLK's head?

Why was a MLK a republican?

Why was Lincoln a Republican?

Why is it Democrats have raised taxes in Maryland so much that they even tax you on the rain you collect. Plus, the water that you flush..

If this isn't bad enough, they have raised tolls here in MD from to two dollars to four dollars which means, if you have to pay tolls going to and back from work five days a week, that would be 40 dollars in tolls just in a week.

This means in a month it would come out to be 160.00 a month just on tolls.

So, yeah!! Democrats really help the blue collar worker out.

As far as money that they "give away" to citizens, it comes from the citizens taxes, which means, this is nothing more than an oxymoron.
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 2:29:13 PM
Jesus favoured voluntarily charity , which is the opposite of state redistribution.
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 2:35:18 PM

This exact same post (with a few additional comments) has already been used in the religion forum.

How original..
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 8:33:28 AM
Damn nobody ever comes out of the deep dark recesses of the Religion cauldron.

I guess this jig is up!!