Jump to topic:

The Big Problem with the Nature of Democracy

SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 3:22:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I consider myself a believer in a more of a Republic then a Democracy , I believe politicians should make important decisions on issues based not on popular opinion but on facts , morality and efficiency. At the same time I support voting though and this is where the problems start , how can there be a Minarchist government that serves to protect lives , liberty and property when politicians will simply promise the voters 'free stuff' to get re-elected and will not pay attention to facts when making important decisions Instead they will do anything in their power to ironically not make society better but to stay in power. This is the great dilemma of democracy , how do we keep a limited government when voters choose politicians blindly, my views on government structure need a re-evaluation...
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica