airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 1:03:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/2/2014 12:26:19 AM, SitaraMusica wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

I'm not sure what this video is positing exactly.

It provides some information on viruses, genetics and biology in general, though at no point does it seem to provide a particular context or assert a particular point.

It goes on to seem to deride the idea that viruses are natural - or at least to assert that they are man-made.

It continues to point to things that make it seem as though Ebola is the result of weoponization, or at least derived from some type of profit motive, apparently tying it back to the man created aspects, seemingly to assert that viruses in general are created for nefarious purposes.

The video then states a religious message which seemed out of place, but if the point of the video is fear mongering I guess it makes sense.

So ultimately what I take form this video is this: Viruses are man made things intended to kill a bunch of people for the sake of depopulation or profit motive. Repent now and accept god or something...

The first major flaw of the video (though typical of these types of things I suppose) is the lack of a coherent theory statement at the beginning and an attempt to prove whatever it is asserting. Instead it's kind of a mish-mash of random things that doesn't tie it together in any way meaningful.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 1:12:14 AM
hmm I guess I shoulda watched the final minute outro...

This is typical fear-mongering propaganda.

'Accept Jesus as lord because the world is coming to an end soon.' (as evidenced by man made viruses and whatever else is being posited)

I don't think this video does any favors for its agenda... Not for conspiracy theory folks or for religious people, since it's pretty hard to take seriously.
Debate.org Moderator
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 12:56:01 PM
At 11/2/2014 1:03:22 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:26:19 AM, SitaraMusica wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

I'm not sure what this video is positing exactly.

It provides some information on viruses, genetics and biology in general, though at no point does it seem to provide a particular context or assert a particular point.

It goes on to seem to deride the idea that viruses are natural - or at least to assert that they are man-made.

It continues to point to things that make it seem as though Ebola is the result of weoponization, or at least derived from some type of profit motive, apparently tying it back to the man created aspects, seemingly to assert that viruses in general are created for nefarious purposes.

The video then states a religious message which seemed out of place, but if the point of the video is fear mongering I guess it makes sense.

So ultimately what I take form this video is this: Viruses are man made things intended to kill a bunch of people for the sake of depopulation or profit motive. Repent now and accept god or something...

The first major flaw of the video (though typical of these types of things I suppose) is the lack of a coherent theory statement at the beginning and an attempt to prove whatever it is asserting. Instead it's kind of a mish-mash of random things that doesn't tie it together in any way meaningful.
Fair enough. I am not comfortable with the antivaccine message either.