Decision Points

Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 10:36:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
http://www.cbc.ca...

Who will be getting George W. Bush's personally penned book? I know I will. Can't pass up an opportunity to get into the head of a man who left the legacy he did behind him.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 11:17:35 AM
At 4/26/2010 10:36:13 AM, Volkov wrote:

Who will be getting George W. Bush's personally penned book? I know I will. Can't pass up an opportunity to get into the head of a man who left the legacy he did behind him.

I will think about it.
I want to know where he was coming from. I doubt the real answer will be in the book, but here is for hoping.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 11:19:32 AM
At 4/26/2010 11:17:35 AM, comoncents wrote:

I want to know where he was coming from. I doubt the real answer will be in the book, but here is for hoping.

Same. It will be BS... plus, it's not like GWB can write a book lol he can't even speak :P Seriously though, I'd rather just read the talking points or dl it illegally if possible. I'm not gonna give him any more money then he already has...
President of DDO
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 11:34:29 AM
That's funny - the name, description. First off, he's not interesting enough to make people want to read his biography. Secondly, his decisions are perpetually criticised by most people and always will. So his decision to do a book that is basically a list of excuses for doing what he did instead of an actual autobiography is amusing.

I'm sure it was mostly written for him, btw, as his lack of ability to be articulate was another aspect he will be looking to escape with this endeavor.

This book will just be riddled with conservative talking points that, as usual, won't stand the test of logical rigor, so it's probably not even worth skimming, nevermind reading. I get enough conservative talking points from talk radio, Faux, and DDO.

I hope that, in his book, he explains why he chose to use a Nazi term "homeland security" to name that department after.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 12:16:39 PM
I will read this, simply because I want to see his view of his whole presidency. That said I have some other books which get priority.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 1:05:44 PM
I'm gonna read it.

Better not be pricey...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 1:32:49 PM
At 4/26/2010 11:19:32 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 4/26/2010 11:17:35 AM, comoncents wrote:

Same. It will be BS... plus, it's not like GWB can write a book lol he can't even speak :P Seriously though, I'd rather just read the talking points or dl it illegally if possible. I'm not gonna give him any more money then he already has...

There's a large difference between speaking in public and writing.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 1:34:41 PM
At 4/26/2010 10:36:13 AM, Volkov wrote:

I personally don't want to hear this idiot's account of things. It will be polished as if it were justifiable.