Total Posts:88|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What if the Tea partiers were black

kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 11:52:41 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I was having a discussion on another site with someone, and he raised the question that if the tea party were mainly black that they would not be allowed to slide with some of the rhetoric, and antics they do. Let's be pragmatic about this, I can think back to the Civil rights era, when blacks protested for basic freedom, and were attacked by dogs, brutally beaten by the very public servants who were "supposedly protecting them", hosed down, lynched, and so on and so forth.

I hear alot of people saying that the tea party is a grassroots organization who are concerned about the out of control spending being done in Washington, but no one is protesting about how we spend a billion dollars a day on a bogus war (two of them mind you) a day.

For some strange reason Obama is being called a socialist, a Marxist, and much worse things. I'm not defending him although I did vote for him. It just baffles me how Americans get amnesia when a new administration comes into power.

It's funny to see so many people get up in arms about a political system that is nothing but Kabuki theatre...

your thoughts?
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 11:58:07 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
You should get to know a member here on DDO called PrinceoftheFire. I think you guys would get along just fine.
kfc
tmoney225
Posts: 168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 12:00:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 11:52:41 AM, kelly224 wrote:
For some strange reason Obama is being called a socialist

your thoughts?

I don't think its strange as the policies he's implimenting are socialistic in nature.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 12:02:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 11:58:07 AM, Koopin wrote:
You should get to know a member here on DDO called PrinceoftheFire. I think you guys would get along just fine.

you still neglected to answer the question, classic dodging.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 12:02:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 12:00:04 PM, tmoney225 wrote:
At 4/27/2010 11:52:41 AM, kelly224 wrote:
For some strange reason Obama is being called a socialist

your thoughts?

I don't think its strange as the policies he's implimenting are socialistic in nature.

The POTUS is only a puppet.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 12:03:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 11:52:41 AM, kelly224 wrote:
I was having a discussion on another site with someone, and he raised the question that if the tea party were mainly black that they would not be allowed to slide with some of the rhetoric, and antics they do. Let's be pragmatic about this, I can think back to the Civil rights era, when blacks protested for basic freedom, and were attacked by dogs, brutally beaten by the very public servants who were "supposedly protecting them", hosed down, lynched, and so on and so forth.

I hear alot of people saying that the tea party is a grassroots organization who are concerned about the out of control spending being done in Washington, but no one is protesting about how we spend a billion dollars a day on a bogus war (two of them mind you) a day.

For some strange reason Obama is being called a socialist, a Marxist, and much worse things. I'm not defending him although I did vote for him. It just baffles me how Americans get amnesia when a new administration comes into power.

It's funny to see so many people get up in arms about a political system that is nothing but Kabuki theatre...

your thoughts?

I see where this thread is potentially going, this is not a white versus black thing as the secong poser is trying to make it.
tmoney225
Posts: 168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 12:06:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 12:02:46 PM, kelly224 wrote:
At 4/27/2010 12:00:04 PM, tmoney225 wrote:
At 4/27/2010 11:52:41 AM, kelly224 wrote:
For some strange reason Obama is being called a socialist

your thoughts?

I don't think its strange as the policies he's implementing are socialistic in nature.

The POTUS is only a puppet.

classic dodging of the answer
tmoney225
Posts: 168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 12:07:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 12:03:52 PM, kelly224 wrote:
this is not a white versus black thing as the secong poser is trying to make it.

then what is it?
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 1:20:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 12:00:04 PM, tmoney225 wrote:
I don't think its strange as the policies he's implimenting are socialistic in nature.

I didn't know corporatism was socialistic in nature.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 1:31:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I would be pleased to see more black people that were in the Tea Party movement.

Obama is accused of being a socialist, and or Marxist for reasons of increasing the authority, scope and size of the federal government. Increasing the regulatory functions of the federal government in every aspect of society, and reducing the authority of private corporations and citizens, which will eventually mean additional tax burdens on the citizenry is why. Add to that his background in general, it is a reasonable accusation.

To cry "rascism" is an unreasonable, illogical, and inaccurate response.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 1:38:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 1:31:38 PM, innomen wrote:
To cry "rascism" is an unreasonable, illogical, and inaccurate response.

Well, I dunno about that. I think that somewhere, in a larger segment of, maybe not the Tea Party, but a lot of the opposition to Obama, there are racist undertones. I mean, no offense to Americans, but you're a pretty discriminatory bunch of people. I wouldn't be surprised if a sizable minority are motivated in some way because of Obama's skin colour.
tmoney225
Posts: 168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 1:40:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 1:38:57 PM, Volkov wrote:
no offense to Americans, but you're a pretty discriminatory bunch of people. I wouldn't be surprised if a sizable minority are motivated in some way because of Obama's skin colour.

Lol @ superior Canadians.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 1:43:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 1:31:38 PM, innomen wrote:
I would be pleased to see more black people that were in the Tea Party movement.

Obama is accused of being a socialist, and or Marxist for reasons of increasing the authority, scope and size of the federal government. Increasing the regulatory functions of the federal government in every aspect of society, and reducing the authority of private corporations and citizens, which will eventually mean additional tax burdens on the citizenry is why. Add to that his background in general, it is a reasonable accusation.

Yes, but those people obviously don't know the proper definitions of "socialism" or "marxism". Big government is exactly one of the things marxists are trying to eliminate. As for obama being socialist, that's impossible. He provided bail-outs.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 1:49:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 1:40:36 PM, tmoney225 wrote:
Lol @ superior Canadians.

No, just superior me. There's enough racism in Canada to go around. But, it's even worse in the United States, even among the more liberal parts of the country.
tmoney225
Posts: 168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 1:50:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 1:49:11 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 4/27/2010 1:40:36 PM, tmoney225 wrote:
Lol @ superior Canadians.

No, just superior me. There's enough racism in Canada to go around. But, it's even worse in the United States, even among the more liberal parts of the country.

lol wut

http://www.cbc.ca...
tmoney225
Posts: 168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 1:50:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 1:43:07 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
As for obama being socialist, that's impossible. He provided bail-outs.

This goes into the hall of shame
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 1:52:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 1:38:57 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 4/27/2010 1:31:38 PM, innomen wrote:
To cry "rascism" is an unreasonable, illogical, and inaccurate response.

Well, I dunno about that. I think that somewhere, in a larger segment of, maybe not the Tea Party, but a lot of the opposition to Obama, there are racist undertones. I mean, no offense to Americans, but you're a pretty discriminatory bunch of people. I wouldn't be surprised if a sizable minority are motivated in some way because of Obama's skin colour.

You may think that, and i am sure you do so with all integrity, but it isn't true. Nor does it address what i said about it being an unreasonable response to an accusation of socialism. If you were debating and i were explaining why someone was a socialist, would you counter the argument with "rascism"? Do you really think that if Al Gore was in the white house the hue and cry would be different? However, the argument to counter it would probably still be rascism. Horrible reasoning skills.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 1:52:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 1:50:35 PM, tmoney225 wrote:
At 4/27/2010 1:43:07 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
As for obama being socialist, that's impossible. He provided bail-outs.

This goes into the hall of shame

Oh joy, somebody else who doesn't understand socialism... *sigh*
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 1:53:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 1:50:00 PM, tmoney225 wrote:
At 4/27/2010 1:49:11 PM, Volkov wrote:
No, just superior me. There's enough racism in Canada to go around. But, it's even worse in the United States, even among the more liberal parts of the country.

lol wut

http://www.cbc.ca...

You can't read, can you?
tmoney225
Posts: 168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 1:53:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 1:52:42 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Oh joy, somebody else who doesn't understand socialism... *sigh*

Do enlighten me, I'd love to hear what your unrationalized appeal to emotions are.

Go ahead, spout of some logical fallacies.
tmoney225
Posts: 168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 1:54:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 1:53:13 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 4/27/2010 1:50:00 PM, tmoney225 wrote:
At 4/27/2010 1:49:11 PM, Volkov wrote:
No, just superior me. There's enough racism in Canada to go around. But, it's even worse in the United States, even among the more liberal parts of the country.

lol wut

http://www.cbc.ca...

You can't read, can you?

I'm thinking you're having a hard time with that bro.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 1:56:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 1:52:35 PM, innomen wrote:
You may think that, and i am sure you do so with all integrity, but it isn't true. Nor does it address what i said about it being an unreasonable response to an accusation of socialism. If you were debating and i were explaining why someone was a socialist, would you counter the argument with "rascism"? Do you really think that if Al Gore was in the white house the hue and cry would be different? However, the argument to counter it would probably still be rascism. Horrible reasoning skills.

I wasn't addressing that issue, innomen, I was just stating a point that I wouldn't bet against some of the opposition to Obama having racist undercurrents, in some sense of the word.

Were I to address that issue specifically, I'd counter it with the fact that these people really don't know what socialism actually entails, and that they're barking out of ignorance and following the soundbites of jolly radio hosts and Republican politicians. That doesn't mean they're not still opposed to some plans for legitimate reasons, just that they're none too bright to be calling it "socialism" when it doesn't even touch close to it.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 1:57:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 1:53:34 PM, tmoney225 wrote:
At 4/27/2010 1:52:42 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Oh joy, somebody else who doesn't understand socialism... *sigh*

Do enlighten me, I'd love to hear what your unrationalized appeal to emotions are.

Go ahead, spout of some logical fallacies.

Well first off, it seems you don't understand that socialists are generally anti-corporate. Socialists would not provide bail-outs to large corporations. It's not that complicated of a concept to figure out.
tmoney225
Posts: 168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 1:59:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 1:57:20 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Well first off, it seems you don't understand that socialists are generally anti-corporate. Socialists would not provide bail-outs to large corporations. It's not that complicated of a concept to figure out.

Incorrect you fool. Governments are pro owning private businesses.

Providing bailouts (buying their stock thus their company) is owning business.

You are incredibly fail.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 1:59:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 1:54:24 PM, tmoney225 wrote:
I'm thinking you're having a hard time with that bro.

I'm going off my experiences, and the fact that an immigration bill was just passed through a state which gives the police the authority to pull over and harass any Hispanic person they think fits into the very subjective label of "looks like an illegal.

If you want to go toe to toe about US racism versus Canadian racism, I won't argue. But don't tell me the situation in the US is absolutely swell.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 2:05:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 1:59:10 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 4/27/2010 1:54:24 PM, tmoney225 wrote:
I'm thinking you're having a hard time with that bro.

I'm going off my experiences, and the fact that an immigration bill was just passed through a state which gives the police the authority to pull over and harass any Hispanic person they think fits into the very subjective label of "looks like an illegal.

If you want to go toe to toe about US racism versus Canadian racism, I won't argue. But don't tell me the situation in the US is absolutely swell.

Let me ask you, do you ever watch Spanish news and see what is going on in Mexico? Do you have any idea as to how horrible it is there? The danger in Mexico is not anything a Canadian could even comprehend. Now imagine that was happening on your border, and imagine it was spilling over to your border. You nice white Canadians wouldn't lift a finger to prevent any of that violence from hitting your society?
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 2:09:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 1:59:04 PM, tmoney225 wrote:
At 4/27/2010 1:57:20 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Well first off, it seems you don't understand that socialists are generally anti-corporate. Socialists would not provide bail-outs to large corporations. It's not that complicated of a concept to figure out.

Incorrect you fool. Governments are pro owning private businesses.

Providing bailouts (buying their stock thus their company) is owning business.

You are incredibly fail.

You are incredibly fail for having that pic in your sig. I just reported you...again...
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 2:09:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 2:05:13 PM, innomen wrote:
Let me ask you, do you ever watch Spanish news and see what is going on in Mexico? Do you have any idea as to how horrible it is there? The danger in Mexico is not anything a Canadian could even comprehend. Now imagine that was happening on your border, and imagine it was spilling over to your border. You nice white Canadians wouldn't lift a finger to prevent any of that violence from hitting your society?

I'm quite aware of what is going on in Mexico, my friend. I'm quite sensitive to the fact that these criminal gangs are bringing the fight over the border. I've heard the stories of ranchers killed by gangs in their homes.

But how does giving police the powers to legally harass Hispanic individuals help any of that? You claim to be a libertarian, so you must believe that this sort of bill just gives the authorities the right to screw essentially with anyone they want.

I can understand the rationale behind the bill, but I refuse to believe that this will be the most effective way of stopping it.
tmoney225
Posts: 168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 2:15:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/27/2010 2:09:13 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 4/27/2010 1:59:04 PM, tmoney225 wrote:
At 4/27/2010 1:57:20 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Well first off, it seems you don't understand that socialists are generally anti-corporate. Socialists would not provide bail-outs to large corporations. It's not that complicated of a concept to figure out.

Incorrect you fool. Governments are pro owning private businesses.

Providing bailouts (buying their stock thus their company) is owning business.

You are incredibly fail.

You are incredibly fail for having that pic in your sig. I just reported you...again...

And I uploaded two new photos to your new wikipedia gallery that will advertised in my new signature :>)