Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Democracy is a fair system ?

Lupo
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2014 7:04:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
It's just that 49% of people will submit to the other 51%?

Hitler was elected, the Jewish people were the minority, and had to submit to the will of the majority.

And there are many other examples of dictatorships supported democracy, or people who live in countries where they do not agree with anything he's done.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2014 9:24:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Let me say again, Hitler was not elected. He lost the 1932 election. He was APPOINTED Chancellor after several political coups that kept a number of elected officials from being allowed to vote. The only "elections" that he won were after he abolished all other parties so the people's only choice was to vote for him and the Nazi or not vote at all.

But if you wish to ignore that, then you also have to remember that Germany also had a constitution, which did nothing to prevent his rise to power.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
james14
Posts: 68
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2014 10:25:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/4/2014 7:04:19 AM, Lupo wrote:
It's just that 49% of people will submit to the other 51%?

Hitler was elected, the Jewish people were the minority, and had to submit to the will of the majority.

And there are many other examples of dictatorships supported democracy, or people who live in countries where they do not agree with anything he's done.

Democracy can work well, if the people are careful to guard their liberties. However, when voters get swept away by promises of benefits and taxpayer-funded parks and missiles and trips to the moon, government grows and debt grows and unfairness can creep in.
Maybe I'm a genius; maybe not.

||||?||||
||>|||||<|
|<||>||?|||
Lupo
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 4:28:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The problem is that you becomes a slave of the majority will.

Today a lot of dictators in Middle East and South America are using "democracy" to implement dictatorships. (also in Russia).
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 9:06:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/4/2014 7:04:19 AM, Lupo wrote:
It's just that 49% of people will submit to the other 51%?

Hitler was elected, the Jewish people were the minority, and had to submit to the will of the majority.

And there are many other examples of dictatorships supported democracy, or people who live in countries where they do not agree with anything he's done.

One key factor you are missing. Minority representative power and the rule of law.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lupo
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 9:51:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/5/2014 9:06:45 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 11/4/2014 7:04:19 AM, Lupo wrote:
It's just that 49% of people will submit to the other 51%?

Hitler was elected, the Jewish people were the minority, and had to submit to the will of the majority.

And there are many other examples of dictatorships supported democracy, or people who live in countries where they do not agree with anything he's done.

One key factor you are missing. Minority representative power and the rule of law.

Minority representation, it's irrational, because they say that biggest groups are minorities, like black people and women for example.
The law is altered and shaped by politicians elected by the will of the majority.
In Roman law, in which these democracies are based, the law is not established through precedent as in the US, but by Congress vote.
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 10:00:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/5/2014 9:51:14 AM, Lupo wrote:
At 11/5/2014 9:06:45 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 11/4/2014 7:04:19 AM, Lupo wrote:
It's just that 49% of people will submit to the other 51%?

Hitler was elected, the Jewish people were the minority, and had to submit to the will of the majority.

And there are many other examples of dictatorships supported democracy, or people who live in countries where they do not agree with anything he's done.

One key factor you are missing. Minority representative power and the rule of law.

Minority representation, it's irrational, because they say that biggest groups are minorities, like black people and women for example.
The law is altered and shaped by politicians elected by the will of the majority.
In Roman law, in which these democracies are based, the law is not established through precedent as in the US, but by Congress vote.

Law is not established by precedent in the US. You are confusing branches and functions.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wocambs
Posts: 1,505
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 10:59:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/4/2014 7:04:19 AM, Lupo wrote:
It's just that 49% of people will submit to the other 51%?

Hitler was elected, the Jewish people were the minority, and had to submit to the will of the majority.

And there are many other examples of dictatorships supported democracy, or people who live in countries where they do not agree with anything he's done.

The reason it isn't fair is that, because we don't live in bubbles, and we aren't provided with accurate information, and power is unequally distributed, it's easy to manipulate the public, and easy to ignore them.
Lupo
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 4:54:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/5/2014 10:00:03 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 11/5/2014 9:51:14 AM, Lupo wrote:
At 11/5/2014 9:06:45 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 11/4/2014 7:04:19 AM, Lupo wrote:
It's just that 49% of people will submit to the other 51%?

Hitler was elected, the Jewish people were the minority, and had to submit to the will of the majority.

And there are many other examples of dictatorships supported democracy, or people who live in countries where they do not agree with anything he's done.

One key factor you are missing. Minority representative power and the rule of law.

Minority representation, it's irrational, because they say that biggest groups are minorities, like black people and women for example.
The law is altered and shaped by politicians elected by the will of the majority.
In Roman law, in which these democracies are based, the law is not established through precedent as in the US, but by Congress vote.

Law is not established by precedent in the US. You are confusing branches and functions.

Sorry, i don't live in US, my mistake.
I need more study.