Total Posts:3|Showing Posts:1-3
Jump to topic:

Republican victory, or Democratic defeat?

Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 12:13:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I keep hearing that last nights results were due to America rejecting Obama's policies, but I have yet to hear anyone talk specifically about which ones. And all of the projections over the past few weeks seemed to show that this was coming but never got a sense of why. What is your assessment of last night? What specific reasons do you attribute for this republican wave?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 1:39:34 PM
At 11/5/2014 12:13:48 PM, Double_R wrote:
I keep hearing that last nights results were due to America rejecting Obama's policies, but I have yet to hear anyone talk specifically about which ones. And all of the projections over the past few weeks seemed to show that this was coming but never got a sense of why. What is your assessment of last night? What specific reasons do you attribute for this republican wave?

In 2013, real median household income was 8.0% lower than the 2007 pre-recession level of $56,436.

People lost hope.
Conservative101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 8:58:59 AM
At 11/5/2014 12:13:48 PM, Double_R wrote:

The Republicans' strategy was to show their Democratic opponents that they are supporters of Obama's policies and and his health care system. Because Obama has about a 40% approval rating and most people are unhappy with the way the country is headed and how the president has been handling recent situations, voters decided to go the other way instead. Many of the Democrats who were running were trying to distance themselves from the president, but Republicans managed to tie the two together to create a more popular support for their side.

So yes, I do believe this election was a rejection of Obama and his policies because of this election's turnout. Had most people been satisfied with him and them, we would probably have seen a hold on the senate.

During Obama's term, the Democrats have gone from 59 senators and 256 House members when he was elected to likely 45-47 senators and some 140 House members now. So.. yeah, does seem to be part of the reason.
When in doubt, start riots and scream racism