Rose McGowan's Imprudent Choice of Words

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 7:03:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://www.independent.co.uk...

Rose McGowan, an actress, had the great misfortune of voicing her opinion that gay men are even more misogynistic than straight men.

She went on to say: "I have an indictment of the gay community right now, I"m actually really upset with them."

And she went on to describe her impression of the gay right's movement: "I see now people who have basically fought for the right to stand on top of a float wearing an orange speedo and take molly [MDMA]."

Rose McGowan is clearly a very troubled person; exactly the kind of "feminist" that would do better to keep her mouth shut and merely present the impression of a fool, rather than open her mouth and confirm her inadequacy.

It should be noted that, before this morning, I had no idea who Rose McGowan was because she is essentially an actress of the lowest rung: one who would be lucky to get a position for even the worst TV show. It would generally seem that so there shall she remain, after her most imprudent word choice.

What a lamentable person...
Tsar of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 8:13:06 AM
Hollywood rule #4 - bad publicity is better than no publicity. I honest doubt she thinks that. She just saw a bunch of republicans win across the country and thought "what can I say that will draw a bunch of attention that republicans will probably like and flock to my show to watch?"

Though I would suspect her IQ could be substituted with average temperature in Hollywood in winter, but stupid people are everywhere.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 9:19:12 AM
At 11/6/2014 7:03:56 AM, YYW wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk...

She apparently apologized, but let's see what she has to say...

Rose McGowan, an actress, had the great misfortune of voicing her opinion that gay men are even more misogynistic than straight men.

Umm...alright...no.

She went on to say: "I have an indictment of the gay community right now, I"m actually really upset with them."

That's too bad for her.

And she went on to describe her impression of the gay right's movement: "I see now people who have basically fought for the right to stand on top of a float wearing an orange speedo and take molly [MDMA]."

What the fvck is wrong with her? She sounds like a Republican.

Rose McGowan is clearly a very troubled person; exactly the kind of "feminist" that would do better to keep her mouth shut and merely present the impression of a fool, rather than open her mouth and confirm her inadequacy.

Yeah, she's a joke.

It should be noted that, before this morning, I had no idea who Rose McGowan was because she is essentially an actress of the lowest rung: one who would be lucky to get a position for even the worst TV show. It would generally seem that so there shall she remain, after her most imprudent word choice.

Good.

What a lamentable person...

I think most Americans know about the horror of Saudi Arabia's law. And I don't think a picket sign is going to change (the law). I hate it when feminists act like America can change it and chooses not to.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 6:11:28 PM
Really is kind of annoying that everybody gets so touchy about what someone has to say about something, especially when they don't agree with it.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 7:22:52 PM
At 11/6/2014 6:11:28 PM, Heterodox wrote:
Really is kind of annoying that everybody gets so touchy about what someone has to say about something, especially when they don't agree with it.

Are you saying what she said was correct or acceptable?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 7:31:32 PM
At 11/6/2014 8:13:06 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Hollywood rule #4 - bad publicity is better than no publicity. I honest doubt she thinks that. She just saw a bunch of republicans win across the country and thought "what can I say that will draw a bunch of attention that republicans will probably like and flock to my show to watch?"

I don't think so. I understand the impetus to be provocative, but what she said doesn't sound like it was meant only to be provocative. I agree that she probably knew it would raise controversy, but in terms of her "hireability" in show-biz, she's going to have to wait this out a while. Being a homophobic bitch is bad for career prospects in that area of the world.

Though I would suspect her IQ could be substituted with average temperature in Hollywood in winter, but stupid people are everywhere.

Agreed.
Tsar of DDO