Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Current political dialouge G or B ?

Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 12:23:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/2/2010 12:19:17 PM, lucastrujillo975 wrote:
Do you think current political dialouge and discourse compromise democratic deliberation?

In Canada, yes.

Our executive openly flaunts laws, transparency, and Parliamentary rules and perogative in order to hide away documents possibly harmful to it, and continually accuses the Opposition and every non-political organization or individual who sides with them on any issue as "un-Canadian," "cults," and other insults completely unbecoming of an incumbent government.

Hell, this is a government that took to castrating it political opponents over addressing the ensuing economic crisis, and only bothered to care after nearly being pushed out of power by a legal coalition which it called treasonous!

Terrible.
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 12:27:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/2/2010 12:26:27 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 5/2/2010 12:19:17 PM, lucastrujillo975 wrote:
Do you think current political dialouge and discourse compromise democratic deliberation?

Oh, Lucas. Trying to get input on that PF topic, are we?

Also, the answer is yes. Think about people like Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck. They say a lot, but have little to say.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 12:27:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/2/2010 12:19:17 PM, lucastrujillo975 wrote:
Do you think current political dialouge and discourse compromise democratic deliberation?

I think it does by definition. Whether or not this is good is a different discussion.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
lucastrujillo975
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 12:33:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/2/2010 12:23:52 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 5/2/2010 12:19:17 PM, lucastrujillo975 wrote:
Do you think current political dialouge and discourse compromise democratic deliberation?

In Canada, yes.

Our executive openly flaunts laws, transparency, and Parliamentary rules and perogative in order to hide away documents possibly harmful to it, and continually accuses the Opposition and every non-political organization or individual who sides with them on any issue as "un-Canadian," "cults," and other insults completely unbecoming of an incumbent government.

Hell, this is a government that took to castrating it political opponents over addressing the ensuing economic crisis, and only bothered to care after nearly being pushed out of power by a legal coalition which it called treasonous!

Terrible
How do you feel about the tea party or coffee party?
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 12:38:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/2/2010 12:33:11 PM, lucastrujillo975 wrote:
Lol I'm building my case around the Tea party movement!
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 12:40:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/2/2010 12:33:11 PM, lucastrujillo975 wrote:
How do you feel about the tea party or coffee party?

That both (well, really only one) serve as vehicles for legitimate anger and issues, but it unfortunately doesn't limit it to to constructive or appealing debate. The problem with the Tea Party isn't it's ideology - it's the fact that these people feel carrying around signs with "Obama Socialism" is somehow useful.
lucastrujillo975
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 12:43:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/2/2010 12:38:52 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 5/2/2010 12:33:11 PM, lucastrujillo975 wrote:
Lol I'm building my case around the Tea party movement!

When did is say that haha?
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 12:48:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Disagreement is good, a pluralistic society is good. Protest is good, and peaceful assemblies are good. I say this regardless of the stance that is being taken, right or left.

In a society where these things are not happening, or not allowed to happen there is either apathy or fear. We are supposed to be a government of the people by the people and for the people, and that means all of us with all of our voices as annoying as some of them may be. It saddens me when I see opposition dismissed as being stupid, or racist or whatever label is being hurled. I don't propose to stop it, but it saddens me that the arguments are not developed.
lucastrujillo975
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 12:54:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/2/2010 12:48:46 PM, innomen wrote:
Disagreement is good, a pluralistic society is good. Protest is good, and peaceful assemblies are good. I say this regardless of the stance that is being taken, right or left.

In a society where these things are not happening, or not allowed to happen there is either apathy or fear. We are supposed to be a government of the people by the people and for the people, and that means all of us with all of our voices as annoying as some of them may be. It saddens me when I see opposition dismissed as being stupid, or racist or whatever label is being hurled. I don't propose to stop it, but it saddens me that the arguments are not developed.

I deff agree with you on the stance of the whole ad hominem arguments.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 1:03:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/2/2010 12:54:12 PM, lucastrujillo975 wrote:

I deff agree with you on the stance of the whole ad hominem arguments.

But in a free society we just have to deal with it, and hope that some constructive discussion (notice i don't say debate) occurs somewhere.
lucastrujillo975
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 1:06:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/2/2010 1:03:57 PM, innomen wrote:
At 5/2/2010 12:54:12 PM, lucastrujillo975 wrote:

I deff agree with you on the stance of the whole ad hominem arguments.

But in a free society we just have to deal with it, and hope that some constructive discussion (notice i don't say debate) occurs somewhere.

I know I agree
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 1:06:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/2/2010 12:48:46 PM, innomen wrote:
Disagreement is good, a pluralistic society is good. Protest is good, and peaceful assemblies are good. I say this regardless of the stance that is being taken, right or left.

In a society where these things are not happening, or not allowed to happen there is either apathy or fear. We are supposed to be a government of the people by the people and for the people, and that means all of us with all of our voices as annoying as some of them may be. It saddens me when I see opposition dismissed as being stupid, or racist or whatever label is being hurled. I don't propose to stop it, but it saddens me that the arguments are not developed.

so you should be accepting of public criticism that believes that public criticism should not be allowed?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 1:17:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/2/2010 12:23:52 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 5/2/2010 12:19:17 PM, lucastrujillo975 wrote:
Do you think current political dialouge and discourse compromise democratic deliberation?

In Canada, yes.

Our executive openly flaunts laws, transparency, and Parliamentary rules and perogative in order to hide away documents possibly harmful to it, and continually accuses the Opposition and every non-political organization or individual who sides with them on any issue as "un-Canadian," "cults," and other insults completely unbecoming of an incumbent government.

Hell, this is a government that took to castrating it political opponents over addressing the ensuing economic crisis, and only bothered to care after nearly being pushed out of power by a legal coalition which it called treasonous!

Terrible.

That sounds a lot like America.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.