Conflicts in North and South America
This is red.
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 4:43:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This may not cover all the topics you listed, but check out William Lind's "On War". It is a seven-year collection of columns (2003-2009) written by the father of 4th Generation War theory while observing the U.S. invasion and occupation of Iraq. In the book he describes the four generations of modern warfare, with a focus on 4th Gen. (4GW). His theory is defined, described, and refined as events unfolded in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other places around the world that demonstrate the theory"s utility in making sense of current events and predicting future ones. I must say that degree to which he anticipates future events is almost prophetic.

In the book he writes: "4th Generation war is the greatest change since the Peace of Westphalia, because it marks the end of the state"s monopoly on war. All over the world, state militaries are fighting non-state opponents, and almost always, the state is losing."

It's a whopping 807 pages, but a must read for anyone interested in the nature of modern conflict.

http://www.amazon.com...
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 9:53:36 AM
At 11/20/2014 3:39:00 AM, tahir.imanov wrote:
I need literature about following subjects:
Regional conflicts
Cause of Modern conflicts
India-Pakistan conflict

Are you talking about Kashmir or something bigger?

Ex-Yugoslavian conflicts
tahir.imanov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 11:59:17 AM
At 11/21/2014 9:53:36 AM, fazz wrote:
Regional conflicts
India-Pakistan conflict

Bigger than Kashmir....

Ex-Yugoslavian conflicts
This is red.
tahir.imanov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 12:02:15 PM
At 11/20/2014 4:43:59 PM, 1Percenter wrote:
This may not cover all the topics you listed, but check out William Lind's "On War". It is a seven-year collection of columns (2003-2009) written by the father of 4th Generation War theory while observing the U.S. invasion and occupation of Iraq. In the book he describes the four generations of modern warfare, with a focus on 4th Gen. (4GW). His theory is defined, described, and refined as events unfolded in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other places around the world that demonstrate the theory"s utility in making sense of current events and predicting future ones. I must say that degree to which he anticipates future events is almost prophetic.

In the book he writes: "4th Generation war is the greatest change since the Peace of Westphalia, because it marks the end of the state"s monopoly on war. All over the world, state militaries are fighting non-state opponents, and almost always, the state is losing."

It's a whopping 807 pages, but a must read for anyone interested in the nature of modern conflict.

Thanks, added it to my list....
This is red.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 12:32:34 PM
At 11/21/2014 11:59:17 AM, tahir.imanov wrote:
At 11/21/2014 9:53:36 AM, fazz wrote:
Regional conflicts
India-Pakistan conflict

Bigger than Kashmir....

How Big?

I am joking.
But what is your specific interest in India? Is it Partition in 1947 OR the hindu-muslim divide. Or something Bigger??

Tell me what you have read so far so I can recommend some books.

Ex-Yugoslavian conflicts
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 1:00:13 PM
At 11/21/2014 12:02:15 PM, tahir.imanov wrote:
At 11/20/2014 4:43:59 PM, 1Percenter wrote:

Thanks, added it to my list....

Actually, drop it from your list.. "The Myth of 4GW":http://www.strategicstudiesinstitute.army.mil...