Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Is there too much or too little goverment?

idris_ahmed
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 6:08:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
im studying sociology and this question was raised in my class, and so we were asked to gather peoples opinions on this and come to a conclusion ourselves, so all opinions are welcome :D
miraculous
Posts: 139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 11:28:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 6:08:33 AM, idris_ahmed wrote:
im studying sociology and this question was raised in my class, and so we were asked to gather peoples opinions on this and come to a conclusion ourselves, so all opinions are welcome :D
There's already a poll on this, I believe.
If I went back in time and murdered my grandmother, therefor preventing my existence, then who killed my grandmother?
aidensjork
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 6:17:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 6:08:33 AM, idris_ahmed wrote:
im studying sociology and this question was raised in my class, and so we were asked to gather peoples opinions on this and come to a conclusion ourselves, so all opinions are welcome :D

I believe that there is too much government intrusion on our individual rights and our social liberties but not enough government intervention in our economic sphere.
--Aiden Sjork
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 9:00:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Government doesn't exist. Some people have the illusion that they have the right to initiate violence, however. And in that capacity, I would say the less initiation of violence, the better.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
debate_power
Posts: 726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 10:53:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/28/2014 9:00:25 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Government doesn't exist. Some people have the illusion that they have the right to initiate violence, however. And in that capacity, I would say the less initiation of violence, the better.

Government exists, true application of force does not. Even a deal made at gunpoint is still an agreement. That's the principle that government is founded on- the harm principle.
You can call me Mark if you like.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,702
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 11:03:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/27/2014 6:17:19 PM, aidensjork wrote:
At 11/25/2014 6:08:33 AM, idris_ahmed wrote:
im studying sociology and this question was raised in my class, and so we were asked to gather peoples opinions on this and come to a conclusion ourselves, so all opinions are welcome :D

I believe that there is too much government intrusion on our individual rights and our social liberties but not enough government intervention in our economic sphere.

+1
David Hildebrand - The Progressive Alternative to Dianne Feinstein! https://hildebrand2018.nationbuilder.com...
Fly
Posts: 2,342
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 12:57:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Both-- too much government acting on behalf of large, multinational corporations and too little government acting on behalf of the people (the human people).
"If you say you pray to God, that makes you normal. But if you say you pray to God through your hair dryer, you are clearly a lunatic."
-Sam Harris
Greyparrot
Posts: 15,649
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 9:15:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/27/2014 6:17:19 PM, aidensjork wrote:
At 11/25/2014 6:08:33 AM, idris_ahmed wrote:
im studying sociology and this question was raised in my class, and so we were asked to gather peoples opinions on this and come to a conclusion ourselves, so all opinions are welcome :D

I believe that there is too much government intrusion on our individual rights and our social liberties but not enough government intervention in our economic sphere.

!6 trillion in debt isn't enough intervention for ya eh?
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
Greyparrot
Posts: 15,649
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 9:18:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Oops 18 trillion...cause 2 trillion is such a drop in the bucket.
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.