Jump to topic:

Calling out American politicians

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 10:51:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm quite disgusted at how politicians use Christianity as a means to gain the favor of the public. To me, i see a misuse of God's name for power and greed. Especially when Sarah Palin made a video on how God had called her on a special mission as governor to do his work then later retires. As a Christian, once you are called into ministry, there is no retirement. You are to finish God's work for life. I'm also angered at the scandals i see on t.v over Evolution vs. Creationism, religion, homosexuality, issues on abortion, things which aren't even relevant. When such valuable time could be used to discuss solutions to political problems. For that reason, i don't trust politicians and will not vote for any just because they are Christian or belong to a certain political group.
debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 11:00:37 PM
At 11/26/2014 10:51:19 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I'm quite disgusted at how politicians use Christianity as a means to gain the favor of the public. To me, i see a misuse of God's name for power and greed. Especially when Sarah Palin made a video on how God had called her on a special mission as governor to do his work then later retires. As a Christian, once you are called into ministry, there is no retirement. You are to finish God's work for life. I'm also angered at the scandals i see on t.v over Evolution vs. Creationism, religion, homosexuality, issues on abortion, things which aren't even relevant. When such valuable time could be used to discuss solutions to political problems. For that reason, i don't trust politicians and will not vote for any just because they are Christian or belong to a certain political group.

See, that's what kind of stupidity I'm fed up with. The reason for it is that our government has pretty obvious objectives- and they involve the preservation of capitalism abroad (a.k.a "our" interests) perhaps more than anything else. The petty arguments over petty issues are so widely publicized in order to draw your attention away from more serious things and also to give the illusion that all is comparatively well.
You can call me Mark if you like.
debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 11:01:27 PM
At 11/28/2014 11:00:37 PM, debate_power wrote:

See, that's what kind of stupidity I'm fed up with. The reason for it is that our government has pretty obvious objectives- and they involve the preservation of capitalism abroad (a.k.a "our" interests) perhaps more than anything else. The petty arguments over petty issues are so widely publicized in order to draw your attention away from more serious things and also to give the illusion that all is comparatively well.

We Americans would really have progress if we could just make an attempt to see things as they really are.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 12:42:19 AM

Yes, it is quite disgusting how all politicians who believe in the Bible are hypocrites who are using the Bible for their own gain and no Christian Conservative Republican politicians are sincere and the Democrats do not use certain labels to gain power like those wicked Republicans do.
Why does the Christian Right embrace Creationism? Is it because the Bible says in literal language that the Earth was created in six days? Surely not! They just want to make up their own science just for the heck of it!
Why does the Christian Right denounce homosexuality? Is it because a very important message you can take from the Bible is that sex was ordained by God to be used within the boundaries of a man and a woman joined in holy matrimony? Surely not! They just decided one day "Oh, I think I'll go out and hate gay people! La la la!"
Why does the Christian Right oppose abortion? Is it because they believe according to the Bible that human life is sacred and life begins at conception? Surely not! It's because they woke up one day and oppress women just for the heck of it!
Teh Crischun Ryt es evul!!!!!!!!!!
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 9:42:58 AM
At 11/28/2014 11:00:37 PM, debate_power wrote:

So true, idk why i bothered to even vote. You could simply tell that people voted over petty arguments, therefore your votes still don't count. This country wants you enslaved to ignorance because in reality it's the people in power who profit from it.
debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 2:02:25 PM
At 11/29/2014 9:58:05 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Time to convert all those public Christians to atheism.

Or you could just kick 'em out