McCain flipped??????

mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 1:02:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
amnesty =/= lax border security
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2010 9:07:24 AM
He flips a lot.

He was against the fence, in that commercial he's for it.

McCain criticized TV preacher Jerry Falwell as "an agent of intolerance" in 2002, but has since decided to cozy up to the man who said Americans "deserved" the 9/11 attacks.

McCain was against the Bush tax cuts, then switched and supported them.

In 2000, McCain accused Texas businessmen Sam and Charles Wyly of being corrupt, spending "dirty money" to help finance Bush's presidential campaign. McCain not only filed a complaint against the Wylys for allegedly violating campaign finance law, he also lashed out at them publicly. In 2006, he asked for their support.

McCain stood out against torture, then decided it was acceptable.

McCain stood out for campaign finance reform, then decided to abandon it.

McCain was anti-ethanol, then flipped and became pro-ethanol.

McCain was against promoting the Confederate flag, then was for it.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2010 9:16:53 AM
That commercial was LOL. "Senator... you're one of us." Lol what the hell does that mean? An Arizonian? An American? A white person? But yes, comon, he used to be pretty much in support of amnesty. Like I said in the Laura Bush thread, politicians are all full of sh!t and just tell the people what they want to hear in order to be reelected; they don't convey their actual beliefs. John McCain is actually a pretty socially progressive guy, but because he's already considered moderate, he can't be vocal about his support for gays, etc. because it would alienate the Republican party of which he's a candidate. Similarly, there is no way he'd win the next election in Arizona if he was against the fence and pro-amnesty. The people in Arizona want the illegals out. On a side note, Vi and I went to to the Massive Attack concert a few days ago (I see 'the' concert because they're only playing 2 venues in the U.S... and we were front row!) and on the screen behind them it said, "What the fvck Arizona?" which I thought was funny considering they're from the UK lol. That said, I imagine their position might be different if they were actually from Arizona and had to live (deal with) the immigration problem in a much more impacted way.
President of DDO
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2010 2:45:14 PM
Yes, teh problem being U.S. citizens being arrested and detained for hours even while carrying valid I.D., like a truck driver at a rest stop.

Any truck driver going through Arizona and appearing hispanic, even if a U.S. citizen, can lose their job now. If you keep missing work because the police keep pulling you over, how long before your employer cans you?

This war against people working to feed their families is beyond obscene. Arizona seems hellbent on re-creating the confederacy, even if it is the only state. They've fought hard to enact denialism over the civil rights movement, something McCain was personally involved with in opposing state recognition of Martin Luther King, Jr. Now the state openly advocates abusing its law enforcement officers by having them harrass, arresting and detain anyone appearing Hispanic to make sure no one is allowed to cross the border to work to feed their families.

This is blatant fascism, the suppression of a minority through a popular majority enabling state authority and force.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2010 2:50:41 PM
At 5/16/2010 2:45:14 PM, PervRat wrote:
Hispanic to make sure no one is allowed to cross the border to work to feed their families.

You're in favour of completely open borders?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2010 2:54:55 PM
At 5/16/2010 2:50:41 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Hispanic to make sure no one is allowed to cross the border to work to feed their families.

Doesn't seem like that bad of an idea unless the people attempting to enter are convicted criminals or illegal immigrants.
Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2010 3:20:41 PM
Bush flipped on Global Warming. http://news.mongabay.com...
InsertNameHere wrote: "If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Anarcho wrote: *facepalm*
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2010 6:26:58 PM

I'm in favor of not criminalizing good people who only come here to work for a paycheck. Criminalizing that is itself a crime.
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2010 6:29:10 PM
At 5/16/2010 2:54:55 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Doesn't seem like that bad of an idea unless the people attempting to enter are convicted criminals or illegal immigrants.

Did you pass a citizenship test? Did you enter a lottery and win a 1 in 10,000 chance for a right to work? You are a criminal for trying to work! You tried to pay your bills, you should be locked up!
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2010 6:35:24 PM
At 5/16/2010 6:29:10 PM, PervRat wrote:
At 5/16/2010 2:54:55 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Did you pass a citizenship test? Did you enter a lottery and win a 1 in 10,000 chance for a right to work? You are a criminal for trying to work! You tried to pay your bills, you should be locked up!

Well hey, I wouldn't want some serial killer from, say, India trying to come over here only to have them commit their crimes again. Same with rapists and pedophiles.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2010 9:32:45 PM
The trick is to shoot those people (except pedos. Or in terms you'll understand, don't shoot Muhammad Insert).

Then they can't come over.

Whereas innocents looking to be productive with any employer willing to take them on are unaffected.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2010 9:34:36 PM
At 5/16/2010 9:32:45 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
The trick is to shoot those people (except pedos. Or in terms you'll understand, don't shoot Muhammad Insert).

Of course I'm going to shoot Muhammad. xD
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2010 9:48:23 PM
At 5/16/2010 9:34:36 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Shoot all around him?

Good lord how do you even know you have that talent?

^_^
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2010 9:50:33 PM
At 5/16/2010 9:48:23 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Shoot all around him?

^_^

I have no interest in shooting people. :P
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2010 9:52:48 PM
At 5/16/2010 9:50:33 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 5/16/2010 9:48:23 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Shoot all around him?

^_^

I have no interest in shooting people. :P

You have no idea what I just said do you.

And what if Allah asked you to shoot someone?

Or someone was gonna rape you?

Or implement that Fascobjectivist bull Freedo's on about?
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2010 9:55:35 PM
At 5/16/2010 9:52:48 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Allah doesn't tell me to shoot anybody. :P

Then I would attempt to kick their a$s. Self-defense...

Ok, I would fight against that. Revolution!
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2010 9:58:51 PM
At 5/16/2010 9:55:35 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 5/16/2010 9:52:48 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Allah doesn't tell me to shoot anybody. :P
Oh that's right, Muhammad was going on about how Allah prefers stabbing people with swords. But that's not very efficient.

Then I would attempt to kick their a$s.
ROFLWAFFLES.
Let's say, for the sake of argument, they have *cough more muscles than you which is probably quite likely cough* ahem, they have a gun.

Ok, I would fight against that. Revolution!
So it's not that hard to interest you in shooting someone.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2010 10:04:10 PM
At 5/16/2010 9:58:51 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Oh that's right, Muhammad was going on about how Allah prefers stabbing people with swords. But that's not very efficient.

Lol, Muhammad fought wars against the pagans in self-defense.

ROFLWAFFLES.
Let's say, for the sake of argument, they have *cough more muscles than you which is probably quite likely cough* ahem, they have a gun.

Well then if they rape me they should be castrated or put to death. Probably castrated as I don't really agree with the death penalty.

Hey, if I have a reason to, then sure. I would only ever do it in self-defense though.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2010 10:06:13 PM
At 5/16/2010 10:04:10 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 5/16/2010 9:58:51 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Lol, Muhammad fought wars against the pagans in self-defense.
You just keep on telling that to yourself.

ROFLWAFFLES.

Well then if they rape me they should be castrated or put to death.
That doesn't help you in the moment now does it?

Probably castrated as I don't really agree with the death penalty.
You prefer torture, interesting.

Hey, if I have a reason to, then sure. I would only ever do it in self-defense though.
What about defense of a friend?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2010 11:39:51 AM
At 5/16/2010 6:26:58 PM, PervRat wrote:

I'm in favor of not criminalizing good people who only come here to work for a paycheck. Criminalizing that is itself a crime.

Hate to sound like a republican here, but I'd rather this in place to ensure pre-existing residents are already employed, and least when it comes to unqualified labour.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2010 3:41:11 PM
At 5/17/2010 11:39:51 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Hate to sound like a republican here, but I'd rather this in place to ensure pre-existing residents are already employed, and least when it comes to unqualified labour.

Because people are automatically more qualified/justified in working somewhere simply because of where they happened to be born?
President of DDO