Jump to topic:

Eating Unborn Babies/Fetuses

joshpleco23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 7:12:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
There is an urban legend which claims that eating unborn children/ fetuses in China is a perfectly accepted into the culture. Of course, we shouldn't judge the Chinese in general based on a myth that probably isn't true. The guilt of where these fabrications lie can probably be pointed out to people like Zhu Yu. Zhu Yu is a controversial, Chinese artist, who is famed for taking two photo's of himself supposedly eating a "aborted baby" and using the photo's as art. He claimed the aborted child was stolen from the hospital. Though Zhu claims they are legit, they are generally thought to be fake, so I will link them at the bottom of my post (BE WARNED! They are graphic!).

The issue did peek my interest. And so, I ask my fellow pro-choice friends, is it justifiable to eat a fetus? Surely it can be, why let it go to waste? We can use unborn children for curing deceases and making scientific breakthroughs, but surely there are more then enough fetuses to go around.

Without further adieu, I give you the controversy... Rejected in it's prime... I simply posted the photo's because I believe they are fake, as most people. However, they are still considered "offensive", so the choice to look at them are purely your own.
*http://urbanlegends.about.com...
joshpleco23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 7:19:58 PM
Oh yes, and the reason this is on the "Political" section of the forums, is because I am addressing people who are Pro-choice about the matter.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 7:23:06 PM
There's a difference between abortion and late term abortion. I support the former and against the latter.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 7:24:22 PM
At 5/13/2010 7:19:58 PM, joshpleco23 wrote:
Oh yes, and the reason this is on the "Political" section of the forums, is because I am addressing people who are Pro-choice about the matter.

According to your profile. You're one of those people. You support early and late term abortion. So what point are you really trying to make?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
joshpleco23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 7:27:25 PM
At 5/13/2010 7:24:22 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 5/13/2010 7:19:58 PM, joshpleco23 wrote:

According to your profile. You're one of those people. You support early and late term abortion. So what point are you really trying to make?

I am trying to understand the views of other pro-choice people about the subject. Because of it's taboo nature, should it be legal? Can it be justified? That kind of thing.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 7:28:47 PM
If we assume that you are what you eat, then if you eat a fetus, you will not be a human. If you are not a human, it is technically permissible to eat you.

Fine by me.
joshpleco23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 7:29:14 PM
At 5/13/2010 7:23:06 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
There's a difference between abortion and late term abortion. I support the former and against the latter.

It's all the same to be honestly, one is simply earlier then the other. That's my personal opinion anyways... So it's not really a good subject to debate with me.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 7:32:20 PM
At 5/13/2010 7:29:14 PM, joshpleco23 wrote:

It's all the same to be honestly, one is simply earlier then the other. That's my personal opinion anyways... So it's not really a good subject to debate with me.

By that logic, it is unethical to masturbate. Sperm is just an early stage of a baby right? Then you kill thousands of babies every week, just by staring at your computer screen.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
joshpleco23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 7:32:58 PM
At 5/13/2010 7:28:47 PM, Mirza wrote:
If we assume that you are what you eat, then if you eat a fetus, you will not be a human. If you are not a human, it is technically permissible to eat you.

Fine by me.

So... Does that mean it is alright to eat dogs or cats (I'm also not against this by the way, simply testing your morals toward the subject). Perhaps endangered animals like panda bears? Where do we draw the line?

I don't think here is a line to draw.
joshpleco23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 7:34:24 PM
At 5/13/2010 7:32:20 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

By that logic, it is unethical to masturbate. Sperm is just an early stage of a baby right? Then you kill thousands of babies every week, just by staring at your computer screen.

I'm pro-choice... I thought it was clear that I am pro-choice? I'm supporting fetus eating for peat sakes! :D
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 7:34:42 PM
At 5/13/2010 7:32:58 PM, joshpleco23 wrote:
So... Does that mean it is alright to eat dogs or cats (I'm also not against this by the way, simply testing your morals toward the subject). Perhaps endangered animals like panda bears? Where do we draw the line?

I don't think here is a line to draw.
Well, we eat something neither a human, and a bit worse than an animal. Maybe that is permissible in general!

But no, I am against eating humans. A fetus is technically a human.
joshpleco23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 7:45:46 PM
Well, we eat something neither a human, and a bit worse than an animal. Maybe that is permissible in general!

But no, I am against eating humans. A fetus is technically a human.

I will not argue with that. I can see how a fetus can be considered a human in the long run... But can cannibalism even be justifiable? In many cases it not I suppose, I mean it's wrong to tie someone up and eat them. But say you have consent (Armin Meiwes and Bernd Jürgen Brandes)? Or the individual in question is killed (such as an aborted child).
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 7:47:09 PM
At 5/13/2010 7:45:46 PM, joshpleco23 wrote:
I will not argue with that. I can see how a fetus can be considered a human in the long run... But can cannibalism even be justifiable? In many cases it not I suppose, I mean it's wrong to tie someone up and eat them. But say you have consent (Armin Meiwes and Bernd Jürgen Brandes)? Or the individual in question is killed (such as an aborted child).
I do not believe that it is justified. It is cruel to me, and undervalues humanity. And yes, the individual is getting killed. Even worse, one eats it. I can never accept this.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 7:48:50 PM
I have to ask - why couldn't you just say, "is a fetus a human?", instead of bringing up some urban myth about Chinese baby eaters?
joshpleco23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 7:53:05 PM
At 5/13/2010 7:48:50 PM, Volkov wrote:
I have to ask - why couldn't you just say, "is a fetus a human?", instead of bringing up some urban myth about Chinese baby eaters?

Because the Chinese myth is what inspired me to think about the topic... Plus, I think it was a very good example of what I am defending.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 7:55:46 PM
At 5/13/2010 7:53:05 PM, joshpleco23 wrote:
Plus, I think it was a very good example of what I am defending.

I think you need less disturbing examples.

Anyways, is it acceptable? Not morally I don't think. How do you think you'd respond to someone telling you "I ate an unborn fetus."
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 7:55:50 PM
At 5/13/2010 7:45:46 PM, joshpleco23 wrote:
(Armin Meiwes and Bernd Jürgen Brandes)

I just looked this up on wikipedia. Wow, just wow.
joshpleco23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 7:57:04 PM
I do not believe that it is justified. It is cruel to me, and undervalues humanity. And yes, the individual is getting killed. Even worse, one eats it. I can never accept this.

How is it cruel to you? Values are what define someone's life, what if someone has different values? And so what if the individual is getting killed? If it's an aborted fetus it already got killed legally, and it didn't even have consent. And if it's a living person who gave you consent, how can it be considered wrong?
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 7:57:43 PM
At 5/13/2010 7:55:50 PM, Nags wrote:

Armin Meiwes is now a supporter of the Green Party, by the way.

Coincidence? I think not!
joshpleco23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 8:01:24 PM
At 5/13/2010 7:57:43 PM, Volkov wrote:

Wikipedia isn't always accurate, but there are numerous links at the bottom of the page which should be more legit. I only use Wikipedia as a reference.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 8:01:26 PM

Lawls. I don't see where the coincidence would occur. Is Al Gore also a cannibal or something? I do, however, find it ironic that Meiwes is now a vegetarian.

This true story isn't as f*cked up as the human centipede though..
joshpleco23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 8:02:07 PM
At 5/13/2010 8:01:24 PM, joshpleco23 wrote:

Wikipedia isn't always accurate, but there are numerous links at the bottom of the page which should be more legit. I only use Wikipedia as a reference.

So don't take my word or Wikipedia's word for it. <.< I couldn't care less about about the green party.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 8:02:39 PM
At 5/13/2010 7:57:04 PM, joshpleco23 wrote:
How is it cruel to you? Values are what define someone's life, what if someone has different values? And so what if the individual is getting killed? If it's an aborted fetus it already got killed legally, and it didn't even have consent. And if it's a living person who gave you consent, how can it be considered wrong?
Murdering an unborn child is unjust and wrong. Abortions are not always legal, so you cannot say that a fetus is legally killed all the time.

And whether consent or not, it is a horrible thing to eat another human!
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 8:05:12 PM
At 5/13/2010 8:01:26 PM, Nags wrote:
Lawls. I don't see where the coincidence would occur. Is Al Gore also a cannibal or something? I do, however, find it ironic that Meiwes is now a vegetarian.

Greenies like to praise nature and in their more extremist form, want humanity to essentially revert to a primal state. I assume we probably tried to eat each other back then.

Indeed. Still German, however.
joshpleco23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 8:08:55 PM
Murdering an unborn child is unjust and wrong. Abortions are not always legal, so you cannot say that a fetus is legally killed all the time.

I don't see how that is relevant to what I said... I didn't forget about illegal abortions, I just never mentioned "illegal" abortions.

And whether consent or not, it is a horrible thing to eat another human!

Says who? You are making the tramezzino without the tuna... Why is it horrible to eat another human? Why should we draw the line there? And if there is a line, where do we draw it and why do we draw it there?
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 8:09:14 PM
At 5/13/2010 8:01:26 PM, Nags wrote:

Yo WTF?! I just googled that and almost lost my lunch.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 8:10:02 PM

That's like saying that milk is future cheese. Unless it's going to be made into cheese, it's not future cheese.
(Odd example, I know.)

Or saying that everybody is a future president, because only a few people are going to be future president. That's probably a better example.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 8:11:29 PM
At 5/13/2010 8:08:55 PM, joshpleco23 wrote:
I don't see how that is relevant to what I said... I didn't forget about illegal abortions, I just never mentioned "illegal" abortions.
I did.

Says who? You are making the tramezzino without the tuna... Why is it horrible to eat another human? Why should we draw the line there? And if there is a line, where do we draw it and why do we draw it there?
I say that. It is a disgrace to the whole humanity to eat another human (unless the only way to survive at a special occasion is eating a dead human you see or something). But that is still gross, but necessary.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 8:14:16 PM
At 5/13/2010 8:10:02 PM, mongeese wrote:

That's like saying that milk is future cheese. Unless it's going to be made into cheese, it's not future cheese.
(Odd example, I know.)

Or saying that everybody is a future president, because only a few people are going to be future president. That's probably a better example.

...Uh ok. So we agree.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 8:14:29 PM
At 5/13/2010 7:12:52 PM, joshpleco23 wrote:
There is an urban legend which claims that eating unborn children/ fetuses in China is a perfectly accepted into the culture.
...........................did you hear about this off of Fox News or something?
Of course, we shouldn't judge the Chinese in general based on a myth that probably isn't true.
Yeah, it isn't. Cats and dogs, however, are "perfectly accepted into the culture".
The guilt of where these fabrications lie can probably be pointed out to people like Zhu Yu. Zhu Yu is a controversial, Chinese artist, who is famed for taking two photo's of himself supposedly eating a "aborted baby" and using the photo's as art. He claimed the aborted child was stolen from the hospital. Though Zhu claims they are legit, they are generally thought to be fake, so I will link them at the bottom of my post (BE WARNED! They are graphic!).
Yeah see, controversial. Which means NOT "perfectly accepted".

The issue did peek my interest.
For future reference, it is "pique". Unborn half-eaten babies do not take a peek at your interests :P
And so, I ask my fellow pro-choice friends, is it justifiable to eat a fetus?
Sure, if you're the Donner Party or something like them. And there are definitely lots of Chinese that are like that.

Without further adieu, I give you the controversy... Rejected in it's prime... I simply posted the photo's because I believe they are fake, as most people. However, they are still considered "offensive", so the choice to look at them are purely your own.
Yeah I don't choose to look at thing which claim they're horrific.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?