Total Posts:4|Showing Posts:1-4
Jump to topic:

Assuming Protesters don't have jobs-Why?

MasturDbtor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 5:40:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I see this a lot. When ever there is an article about a protest people who oppose the protesters make comments that imply the protesters are jobless.

People who have jobs aren't at them 24/7. They have work hours and they have off hours. In fact even full time is a lot less than 24/7, so people can have jobs and still have time to participate in protests.
imnotacop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 8:20:00 PM
If you look at the mentality of the police force given as of recent, and the action by government to use means of propaganda to keep any threat down, you'll find that it's just that, another propaganda tool.
When you repeat something enough, it sticks. After a while, it becomes easier to have people apply a negative to protesting because of the constant negatives being thrown at protesters.
Juris_Naturalis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 8:29:12 PM
At 11/29/2014 5:40:10 PM, MasturDbtor wrote:
I see this a lot. When ever there is an article about a protest people who oppose the protesters make comments that imply the protesters are jobless.

People who have jobs aren't at them 24/7. They have work hours and they have off hours. In fact even full time is a lot less than 24/7, so people can have jobs and still have time to participate in protests.

They might be jobless now because the majority of the businesses are closed or destroyed"..
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 11:31:14 PM
At 11/29/2014 5:40:10 PM, MasturDbtor wrote:

It's just a way of undermining them by attacking their character. If I owned a media empire, dependent on banks and advertising money provided by other large corporations, you would think that I would at least try to undermine people who challenged my power and wealth, or the social conditions I benefit from. It's like if people were calling the Pope a hypocrite. You'd think he'd come out on his balcony and condemn them as sinners and blasphemers. Well, if he thought that was a good strategy to defend himself.